[Meta ORP] Meshach's Return Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:09 pm
"As you wish then, Meshach." Nyota nodded, although she didn't understand just yet. It wasn't until he began speaking to the group at large that she realized why he denied the title--whether he was able to live within the pride or not, he was still living as a Mwezi lion and had accepted the step down in class accordingly. She would adjust, then. The move in classes itself did not bother her...her father Unyezi had been king once, after all. If he had not stepped down for the sake of her mother, she wouldn't be here. And neither, she suspected, would several of the lions present. She might had neglected to continue their line thus far, but her favorite brother certainly had not. Regardless, the formerly-exiled ex-prince would not lose her respect by "marrying down."

The rest she approved of, but one thing did bother her... "You know he doesn't like to get his paws dirty. Why do you think he'll agree to fight you instead of sending one--or many--of his followers to do it?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:43 am
Tu-Bana and Juno

Juno glanced across to Meshach at his quietly spoken question and shook her head. "Nothing yet."

From those gathered there were some who had dark pelts. Maybe the dark lion - known by Zah - might have had some familiar colouring? Yet she couldn't say for certain whether he bore any relation. At least he might be a good starting point. He was the closest match they had, in any case.

She indicated the said lion to Tu-Bana and and murmured, "what about that lion there?"

Tu-Bana followed her gaze and narrowed his eyes, scrutinising. "I don't feel any kinship to look at him."

"But is this a thing you would just 'know'? You were so young when separated."

Endor

Endor broke out into a smile at Meshach's words. He had set his uncle up on a pedestal for so long and it thrilled him that this lion was living up to his reputation. This was a lion he could rally behind. This was a lion who could bring about great change.

The news of his marriage, however, was somewhat disheartening. To have this famous rebel take up the crown would have been something to truly celebrate. Who, then, would he be championing? He desperately wanted to ask and yet also sensed it was not his place to do so. Perhaps such things would be decided when all of this was over.

Urgh, why was his father, Yavin, not here to witness this momentous occasion? He'd have to tell him all about it later.

"We will rise far above the level that Shangyue has set things right. Our time is now."

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:01 pm
Brother and sister both turned their attention from Nina-dini to Ota and Meshach when they spoke, each looking surprised by what Meshach said.. but Ikwezi couldn't contain himself. He heard someone call out asking if he really expected a challenge to work, which earned a murmur of assent from him, but then raised his own question.

"If Meshach's not going to be King, who are we fighting for?" he cried, frowning. Nobody had exactly told him that Meshach was the Rebel King who sought to overthrow Shangyue and take his place.. but he had certainly bought into the idea, wherever he got it. It just made sense. If Meshach would not be king.. who would?

Neema was silently considering what was said. She, too, was surprised Meshach would so clearly state that he was ineligible to take the throne once this was done.. and to draw attention to the fact that they would need to replace the overthrown king. Ota had finally claimed credit for organizing the rebellion but she, too, had stated outright that she was a member of the lower-middle class.

It was not a king or queen who led them now, maybe that was what they needed. It made her wonder, though.. and the enthusiastic lioness was finally silent, lost in thought, as the conversations continued.

Ota watched Meshach declare his intent and lay out a plan.. and then she looked out over the crowd as they reacted. Her gaze rested on Nyota, then Ikwezi, and then went back around the group.

"For now, we fight for ourselves," she said, "There will be time enough when this is over for politics."

She paused, then sighed.

"If Meshach will challenge Shangyue, I support him," she said, "If Shangyue refuses or sends an assassin or army against us, we'll have to overthrow him by more forceful means."

Ota spoke loudly and clearly, watching carefully to gauge the crowd's reaction. Surely the vast majority of them expected something like that, though she didn't doubt some would say it made them no better than the King.. if there was any hope to simply take the throne from a living king whether or not he agreed, they could just declare a new monarch now and be done with it.

But that wouldn't work.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:48 pm
Batu purred softly to his mate "I will make sure I make all appropriate introductions darling." he promised his mate. He moved through the crowd doing his best to keep her at his side. Near the front of the crowd he took a seat listening to all Ota and Meshach had to say. Nodding along as both of them spoke.

"I do hope that it doesn't come to more forceful means." he said mostly under his breath to Nubiti. In Batu's opinion there had already been enough death in this war. Though knowing the little he did know about Shangyue he thought it wasn't likely he would come to this challenge with any kind of grace. "I am afraid this might just be the start." he said sadness in his voice. He wondered who Meshach meant to champion for.

Boinedal was unable to bite back a laugh when his brother accused him of holding out on him. He hadn't taken his eyes off Yue from the moment they had stepped foot over the border, while it was clear the rebels had gained a good foothold here he was always fearful for his mates life.

"You know she does actually a twin." Boinedal said with a short laugh. He lifted his paw and gestured in the direction of Yue's twin sister Meztli, "A fact that I will admit to only learning a short time ago." It was a good story to tell but it would have to wait for another time. "Perhaps after I could introduce you both." Boindeal offered.

Zah listened quietly to all that Jioni had to say and turned his head towards Ota and Meshach when they spoke. He was a little shocked to hear that Meshach planned on challenging the current king but would not take the thrown himself.

"Who will be on the throne then?" he asked Jioni. Zah was still pretty naive when it came to knowing how the political structure of the pride worked for the most part he just kept his head down and worked hard. He enjoyed having Jioni in his life it gave him more purpose than before and someone specific to be loyal too.

Antara swallowed hard when she first broke through the groups of lions. She had originally meant for them to head right to the centre all the lions they knew best where there, however it didn't take long for Antara to feel the eyes turning and looking in their direction. She had failed to consider that her status as a twin and second oldest still wasn't well known even amongst the rebels.

She pulled back a few steps suddenly feeling very nervous about this whole thing, maybe they were in danger after all they had already lost a brother. "Maybe we should head back?" she said turning to gauge Nketa's response. She felt bad her sister hadn't wanted to come in the first place and now Antara was about to break down just from being here.

magnadearel

Ecavi

Painted Moose

Silver Lutz

nessiaing

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:03 pm
Jioni fell silent as Meshach spoke, a frown creasing her brow. So he wouldn't take the throne? Hm...well, that problem could be sorted out later. There were plenty of others that were of noble blood that could take the helm if need be. She wasn't terribly concerned about that right now - it was a problem to face after Shangyue was defeated.

"Meshach either has something in mind or it's a river we will cross when we come to it," she murmured softly as others around her expressed the same worry as Zah. "All I'm concerned with right now is removing the tyrant and restoring peace and order to the pride. We fight for our future and rally under the eye of the Great Lion. That is all I need to keep my spirits high and my claws out."

nessiaing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:24 pm
User Image Uchanjaa winced as Ota identified herself and her lineage for the gathering as a whole. It wasn't that he held anything against the lioness. It was simply hard to think of himself as being a great-uncle to this mature lioness with adult children. Or maybe just uncomfortable. The brown lion had long since stopped thinking of himself as the awkward young adult who'd returned to the pride of his birth with his young high class love, but it was hard to remember how many years had passed since then. Thank the Great Lion he wasn't nearly as old as Unyezi...but Uchanjaa wasn't certain he ever wanted to be that old.

It was interesting that Meshach was refusing to put himself forward for the throne. He might not have been the Guard's choice, considering that he wasn't in the current direct line, but Uchanjaa did hope the purple male would stick around as an advisor.

Instead of dwelling on that, he nodded to Manyara. "Believe me, I understand. You may have heard about the...spat...my daughter and my son-in-law recently had," he offered dryly before stepping forward next to Meshach.

"I will fight alongside you, whether as a secondary Champion, a distraction, or even as an assassin," the brown lion pledged.

User Image The black lioness looked back towards the young Royal Guard she'd spoken to earlier. He was the only one to have asked the obvious question after Meshach's statement of being inelgible for (and undesiring of) the throne. She considered the question thoughtfully before drifting back towards him.

"Well, if we go by direct descent, that would put Shangyue's eldest high-class child on the throne," she told the boy, nodding towards the two purple lionesses with green and yellow markings wrapped 'round two of their legs. She knew who Antara was and, having witnessed the birth, knew who the the other girl was by default, though she didn't know her name.

User Image Nyeusi was near enough to hear Caritas' words, and her focus shifted from Meshach and her grandfather making grandiose statements with no detail whatsoever to a much more cogent issue.

"So you'd put Antara on the throne then, Midwife?" the black lioness asked, her blue eyes a bit wider than one would see in most. "Just because she's the eldest? Sure, the Shaman's taught her, but it's a litter of bastards, and he did take his Queen eventually. Isn't Liuhe the actual ranked Heir?" she pointed out. The kid seemed nice enough, but you really couldn't trust either of those options.

User Image Nketa was trying desperately to keep track of who everyone was. She kenw there was a lot of information she was missing - such as how everyone was related to everyone else, and how those absent relatives figured into the political struggle. It was, to say the least, overwhelming. And no little terrifying. Now it seemed like half of the group was trying to figure out how to kill the King, and the other half was trying to figure out who should be the next ruler.

Then she heard the lionesses talking about "Shangyue's eldest." Great Lion, that was her! And what did she know about ruling a pride? Nothing! Antara was at least used to living in a pride, but Nketa...the only thing keeping Nketa here at this moment was her twin.

"I...I don't know," she whispered. "I want to know...but...there's so many people..." The purple lioness bit her lip nervously. "I think we have to stay, at least for now."  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:05 pm
Meshach

He wondered how they'd feel if he had become king, knowing he'd left the pride after all this was over. Some might begin to look at him funny. No this was the best option. Meshach considered Nyota's words carefully. "You're right, he does. However, he's also lost a lot of respect in a good portion of the pride." He nodded significantly at all those gathered. "That is what I'm hoping will prod him that he needs to stir himself in fighting me." It was his best hope; although he admitted Shangyue very well might refuse to fight anyhow. At least this way they could avoid going through the followers with more bloodshed.

Meshach smiled at the two looking for family. A soft laugh rumbled in his chest. "Why don't you go mingle? I'm sure you'll have a better chance of finding them down there than you will up here." He truly hoped they found what they were looking for. He nodded fondly at Endor, who so closely resembled his own brother Yavin, when the male spoke up. "Indeed so!"

A voice raised in panic brought a slight frown to his muzzle. His eyes searched out the speaker and locked on. "It's nice to know every little detail. To have everything in it's place. No I won't be king, but we don't know who is going to take up the mantle after Shangyue is dethroned, then he cannot resort to previous ways to ensure the prospective heir doesn't take his or her place." It was a rather good idea, and one he should have thought of before. "We are fighting for our families and friends. Our mothers, fathers, sisters and brothers, mates and our children." He paused and looked at his own adult cubs in the group for a moment. "So long as the new ruler is good and just, do we have to know who it is right now?"

Meshach nodded to back Ota up. As much as he would want to avoid a forceful conflict, if it came to that he would be there. Nothing short of death was going to stop him from his goal this time. He prayed it wouldn't come to that though. One thought inevitably lead to another. Once Shangyue was gone, one of his children should take up. He wasn't sure how he felt about that. Did they deserve the right to rule just because their father had taken the throne? Were they going to be good leaders or had Shangyue twisted them just as he was twisted? Meshach glanced at Ota for a bit of guidance.

Meztli

Scanning the crowd, Meztli caught sight of a familiar pair of twins. Almost as familiar as her own twin. Her lips twitched at the thought of having so many twins in the rebels running around. Seeing the nervous expression on the two females, she got to her feet and headed over to sit beside them. "I'm glad to see you here," she murmured reassuringly. "I bet your happy to be together again aren't you?" Her eyes held sympathy that they had ended up separated. She knew she'd go crazy without her twin too.

"Do you really not want to be here?" Meztli asked when Antara suggested leaving. "Of course there are Nketa, it's a pride." The purple lioness said gently. Their group had been so small until recently. It was a bit much. She nodded as Nketa said she thought they should stay. "I think so too. This is important even if most of it goes over our heads." She grinned at the pair. "I'm sure father will explain it all later if you'd like."

Manyara

She smiled in sympathy when Uchanjaa winced. No one liked being reminded of their age. Manyara shook her head. "I'm afraid I haven't. Please do tell if it's not too much trouble." Family matters were important to her. The lioness smiled as her uncle offered himself as any number of roles to help. She rather liked the idea of Meshach and Uchanjaa fighting together again like they had at the coronation. It was fitting some how that what was started together should end together.

Argyros

He was quite taken aback when his brother mentioned the girl had a twin. "Ah, well....." Argyros shifted uncomfortably. His gaze automatically followed his brother's gesture and he spotted the dark purple lioness lounging on the side. "Ah," he repeated intelligently. "Maybe a bit later Boinedal. I think the meeting is getting serious, and I want to pay attention." It was a good enough excuse for now.

"You'll have to tell me how you joined up with them too!" For now though, serious matters. "Do you think Shangyue will answer the challenge? Won't he loose face if he doesn't?" That was how challenges worked, didn't it?"

Nubiti

She looked smug as her mate promised to make introductions. It would have to wait as things were clearly heating him. "Let's focus on the real problem! Shangyue needs to get out before anyone else can fill in. We can always pick someone who will be a good ruler later." She flicked her tail with impatience at the whiner. Nubiti nodded at her mate. "Shangyue started it. We are going to finish it."

Afrim

He didn't have much to add. Others voiced concerns that he didn't know how to answer. One thing that startled him was the suggestion of putting one of Shangyue's children on the throne. Was that a good idea? Could the Great Lion give whoever was picked a test to see if they'd be a good ruler?

SilverLutz

Kimaria

Excited Apathy

Andranis

nessiaing

Ecavi

mouselet  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:12 am
Ota breathed a small sigh of relief, pleased with how things were going. If Meshach would challenge Shangyue, there was little to say or do in the way of planning. But it was good to bring everybody together, to make sure everybody knew what was going to happen. Their backup plan needed fine-tuning but they were off track now.

"Traditionally, Prince Liuhe would be the next in line for the throne after his father. A slight deviation from that would give us his eldest high class child regardless of legitimacy.."

Finally, Ota's glance when to the purple pair. She had not wanted to put unnecessary attention on them, knowing they were both pushing themselves very hard just to be present.. but now was the best time.

"Shangyue took Antara from us when she was very small, we all know that," she said, "What was not discovered was that Antara was not truly his would-be heir. Another daughter was, and she grew up safe with Meshach and his family.. I suppose now is the time to welcome her home, as well."

She gave a sad but reassuring smile to the twins, and a slight nod for them to come closer.

Neema was still lost in thought when Liuhe's name was mentioned and she perked up-- and it was immediately followed by the almost-introduction of Nketa. She turned this way and that until she managed to catch sight of the twins.. and then she looked over the crowd.

"There you go, Ikwezi," she muttered, "It's not Meshach but someone raised by him. Will that do?"

Confused, Ikwezi looked around trying to understand what was being said.. but not figuring it out, even with Neema's very specific question. Shangyue had a daughter older than Antara.. raised with Meshach.. ??  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:04 pm
Tu-Bana and Juno

Juno and Tu-Bana gave the slightest nod of agreement at Meshach's suggestion and then glanced at one another before moving out from behind their leader and down into the crowd. They moved slowly and side-by-side where possible, pausing to throw glances.

"How will we ever know?" Tu-Bana queried. "It happened so long ago."

"Surely family would look like you."

"They might not." Tu-Bana, continued.

They glanced again at the black and blue lion and sidled over in his direction.

Endor

Endor seemed to be absorbing Meshach's words eagerly, nodding with such enthusiasm that he could make himself giddy.

"Leadership can come later. I can fight for the pride regardless."

nessiaing
Tu-Bana and Juno are interested in your lion, Zah. They haven't actually approached him but your lion might notice them staring at him XD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:54 pm
Letting out a surprised sound, Nina backed away from Neema for a moment, before moving close again. It wasn't that she didn't want to see her family - She did, on a level. It was just unexpected. "I... I had the sense beaten into me, you could say..." Her ears flicked, before she turned and looked over toward Meschach and Ota. As she listened, her warily neutral face slowly transformed to one of surprise. "Antara has a twin?" Twins wasn't something she commonly saw in the Mwezi, with the only ones she was aware of being Liuhe's brother and sister. If Antara was a twin... That meant that twins ran in Shangyue's bloodline, didn't it? He was the common factor between both sets.

Not that that was what she should be worrying about at that moment. She focused back on Nketa. "So... We could get a new queen instead of a king?" Nekta'd be able to take any mate she wanted. A surge of jealousy ran through Nina for a moment.

Leaning over to his cousin, Kin murmured, "Quell that jealousy, Nina, lest you forget what it GOT you." Really, he had to admire the rebels. It was a fantastic ruse, and an amazing swapping job. He rolled his shoulders, grimacing only slightly, before he looked to Ikwezi. He could see the confusion on the cousin, and he tilted his head. "What she means is, Shangyue was told Antara was the oldest, when it was really Nketa, so they pulled a switch on Shangyue. Nketa was raised by the rebels as their golden goose, so if Shangyue is deposed, Nketa becomes queen." He paused, then looked at Neema. "Did I get that right?"  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

nessiaing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:16 pm
Batu couldn't help the warm smile that passed across his lips, it was a miracle that he had found her in this pride in the midst of all the turmoil. He had joined the pride on a mission for Meshach and ended up finding the girl of his dreams in the process.

"You are right my dear, as usual" he murmered his voice soft as he spoke to hsi mate. He had been following along while Meshach and Ota spoke and his eyes, along with many others, drifted towards one of sets of twins. He felt for the young girls.

"I will tell you all when this is done." Boinedal reassured his brother. It was exciting to know that a member of his family was here with him, he had kept his secrets for so long that it was a strange feeling to have someone to talk to about everything.

"I don't know much about the false king, but what I do know that he is a coward." Boinedal said in response to his brothers inquiries. "You would thing he has no choice to answer though. To be king you have to win the challenge and to win the challenge you have to show. It has been a long time since the false king has done anything for himself though who knows if he will even able to fight on his own." Boinedal wondered out loud.

Zah noticed two lions standing off on their own. They seemed to be talking about him. The large black shuffled his feet uncomfortable the hair standing up on the back of his neck. He did a quick scan of those in the gathering realizing for the first time that perhaps Shangyue could have spies here.

He leaned towards Jioni and whispered, "Do you know those lions?" he asked her using his eyes to indicate which two lions he was talking about.

Antara was use to the crowds having grown up in the pride but when she saw fear in her twins eyes she became stronger. She moved closer to Nketa to offer her twin some comfort. It helped even more when the dark purple lioness moved to sit with them as well. Antara had seen as she looked around the crowd that this lioness had a twin too. She has come in with Meshach so it was safe to assume this lioness had been raised with her sister, Antara felt a pain of jealousy run through her as she thought of the the dark purple lioness playing with her almost as if they were sisters.

When Ota drew attention to Antara and Nketa, Antara felt herself raise to her feet and move towards the white lioness. Antara herself wasn't who was important right now it was Nketa that everyone would like to meet. She shifted her eyes towards her twin wondering if Nketa was really ready for the pride to know who she was.

magnadearel

Ecavi

Painted Moose

Silver Lutz

Kimaria
I am so sorry missed your post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:55 pm
User ImageUser Image

Runa watched with a sharpened eye as the twins moved their way towards Ota. She felt for them, she truly did; as a twin herself who had been separated from her sister the lioness could sympathize. They had been placed in different classes, bound for a different life, but now they were together, fighting to overthrow this Mad King. Just like the girls she watched now, they were bonded at last, and it helped to steel her resolve.

The lioness had stayed quiet thus far, purposefully keeping herself a distance away from her mate so as not to distract him, but within his line of sight.

Meshach was doing so well and yet...she still worried for him. Proud of her mate or not, she feared this challenge of his. It was necessary, yes, and she would have scolded him had he not gone through with it, but...There was a chance he would lose and what then? She had known going into this that there was a chance she could lose it all, but Runa was here now. If her mate was putting his life on the line then she could do no less.

Unlike her ever watchful mother, Yue'shi was just plain late. She'd gotten a tip on some loyalist activity near the border, and had gone to check it out, without telling anyone, mind you. Once her parents found out she was sure to get a tongue lashing, but what she really worried about was what her mate would think of her. Hopefully he wouldn't be too cross that she was late, especially when she had news that they were safe and nothing was out there to get them.

"Excuse me...pardon me...if I can just get through..." The lithe lioness slipped her way through the crowd, which thankfully parted a bit once they saw who she was. About damn time people started noticing who had been busting her rump for them! She knew they likely just wanted her out of their space, especially with all the bumping she was doing pushing through the crowd, but Yue'shi took it as a moment of pride anyway.

She spotted her father, her twin, the heir and her twin, then....there! Yue'shi made her way towards her mate with a very large smile and sidled up close to him, "What'd I miss?" She whispered. Well, tried to, but her whispers were never very quiet. "And who are you?" Yue'shi hadn't ever really seen a lion quite that yellow before. It didn't look bad, mind you, but she just assumed he had a hard time hunting with a pelt that bright.

nessiaing

magnadearel

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:32 pm
Jioni was pleased at the reply that Meshach gave. Good. All this 'fighting for a lion' stuff didn't suit her very well. The only lion they should fight for, aside from the Great Lion, was themselves and therefore the bettering of the whole pride. A new leader would emerge, certainly. Right now they needed to kick out the one that tried to make things about him and reform as a pride before they worried about who would best lead them.

Zah's comment drew her attention from the scarred male as two lions headed their way. They didn't look familiar to her, but she had no doubt that they didn't mean any harm. Zah seemed a bit nervous, so she bumped her shoulder against the much larger male.

"No, but that doesn't mean you need to get anxious. They came with the rebels from the rogue lands." She remained beside Zah to give him moral support but otherwise fell silent, letting the two lions approach at their own pace.

nessiaing

Kimaria

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:25 pm
User Image The brown lion closed his eyes, refusing to wince again as Manyara admitted to not knowing about her cousin's marital problems. Well, he supposed he should be grateful that it wasn't public knowledge for the entire pride. Yet. There was always time, unfortunately. Although, considering that it was Shangyue who was at the heart of the conflict, it was entirely possible that the entire situation could be resolved before too many lions took note. He desperately hoped that would be so, and that Halili and Orion could be reconciled.

"Let's just say it wasn't pretty, Manyara, but it could have been much worse than it was," Uchanjaa told the lioness at last.

Then Ota decided to drop a boulder on the entire meeting. Antara...wasn't the b*****d-born heir after all. It was her previously unknown twin sister. Lavender eyes blinked as the Guard focused on the twins, most especially the one who seemed to be hiding behind the other. Well. That was something he'd never expected.

User Image Caritas, frankly, had preferred Nyeusi when she was insane. There hadn't been that sharp edge to her voice, nor an intent to cause harm. She opened her mouth to respond, just as Ota introduced the elder twin. Then, and only then, did the Midwife turn to the Huntress.

"Who said anything about Antara?" she asked the younger lioness sweetly. "As you can now see, it was never about Antara. Meshach simply gave her up to her father, along with her brothers, in order to conceal the older twin - Nketa - from him." The name had finally come to her, or maybe she'd heard someone say it in the crowd. Regardless, Caritas was quite certain it was the correct name.

User Image Nyeusi snorted. Trust a High Class lioness to be so superior. And she had to admit, the entire idea of using twins to conceal the actual (b*****d-born) Heir from Shangyue was brilliant. But the black lioness still had doubts about the girl's ability to rule. Sure, she had the bloodline. But she sure didn't look like she was strong enough to take charge of the pride, hiding behind her sister like she was.

Not to mention that Meshach had taught her Great Lion only knew what. Since he'd never been directly in line for the throne, he probably didn't have all the necessary knowledge to pass on either.

User Image "No, this is where I need to be," Nketa answered Meztli quietly. She also didn't want to leave Antara, but what with Meshach pointing out how he was not after the throne and people demanding to know just who would be taking it after Shangyue, the purple lioness knew she had to remain. She sure didn't want to rule the pride - she never had - but she knew that she was a viable candidate. That was why Meshach had kept her out with him, while Antara was sent to the pride.

Then Ota began to introduce her and, taking a deep breath, Nketa went to stand by her side. This was what she'd been born for, protected for. To be, at the very least, someone to fight for, to overthrow her father for. She still wasn't sure what she wanted should the rebellion succeed, but surely the rebels would understand if she didn't actually take the throne?

She stood next to the older lioness, trying not to look so scared. There was no way she could speak though. She was too afraid.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:40 pm
She waited patiently for the twins to come her way, smiling at Nketa when she took a place beside her. Ota was ready to speak for them, she knew it wasn't easy for the girls, especially the eldest. Unfortunately for her, the chance remained that she could be asked to step up as queen, and the pride ought to know. And they ought to know just how long this had been coming. She didn't doubt more than a few of the lions here had never actually wanted to accept the usurper as their king.

"Nketa is Shangyue's first born child," Ota said, glancing from Nketa to the crowd with a smile, "And she is rightfully a member of the high class. Even under normal circumstances, it would be easy to argue that she has some claim to the throne. In these circumstances, it would be impossible not to."

For all of his cruelty and foolishness, Shangyue had a legitimate claim to the throne- a few, if his assassinations counted as conquest.. it remained to be seen if his actions would demand an end to this branch of the royal line or not. For now, Nketa was a valid compromise between rebellion and tradition.

"Queens do tend to do better," Neema observed when Nina asked about the possibility of gaining a female monarch instead of a male, then she looked over at Kin with a smile, "That's certainly the idea, but I wonder if it will work out that way."

Ikwezi watched the goings-on uncertainly. Sure, there was value in being untainted by the usurper king everybody was here specifically to see the end of.. but was Antara really so ruined from being in his control? Was Meshach a better teacher than the Shaman? Why was this so confusing when he had both expected and hoped for Meshach to claim the throne?

"What about Antara?" he muttered, not expecting an answer, "Just a distraction? Really?"

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff