Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Entrepreneurs (Broommakers, Wandmakers, etc.)
Entrepreneur Basics and Information (Apply Here) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:22 pm
Entrepreneur Business Owner Application

Hello, my name is Nirav Chahal

I am a(n) Astronomer

My business is called Nirav Chahal's Office

It provides star charts, study of movement of celestial bodies, tutoring in astronomy

It is a magical business.

It is located in Godric's Hollow

How did I come to get this business? Well... I'm somewhat embarrassed to say that the initial funding was provided my ex-wife. Her family was well-off and supportive of her passion, our passion. She left the business in my hands when we divorced, but still consults with me from time to time.

The things I love about this business are stars, obviously. I love the night sky, studying it is my true passion. I love the hours, and that it's dark when I'm up more often than not, as my eyes are sensitive to light. I also love that it more often than not leaves me alone with my thoughts. It's also quite easy to juggle this work, and my writing. Besides that, it's consistent and simple, but also complex, if that even makes any sense at all.

The things I despise about this business are the hours make caring for a child difficult, it's not easy having to be awake to take care of my daughter when I've been up all night working. There's not much call for Astronomers, so a lot of what I do is personal work, and I don't make much money at it. Being subject to the weather of the UK isn't always wonderful, either. Plus it kills my social life. And more often than not, when I get a customer looking for a star chart or something, it's some batty divination expert. I like divination, don't get me wrong, but some of those people are nuts.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! My 'office' is located in a converted garage below my flat.

I acknowledge that any magical & muggle business must be separated as to not breach the Statute of Secrecy.

Signed,
Nirav Chahal

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:37 pm
Yukina101

Hello, my name is Tobi Fallrein

I am a(n) Solicitor

My business is called Fallrein Law Office

It provides Legal advice and aid

It is located in London, England

How did I come to get this business? Well... I decided to be a solicitor around my fifth year of school and once I graduated with my NEWT's built up my business basically from scratch from my home office. I got my first big case defending murder charges for my best friend and when we won I started getting better business and opened up my own little office square about a block or so away from the Ministry.

The things I love about this business are I can pick and choose my clients, I can help innocent people prove their innocence, I get to be kind of a d**k in court, finding loopholes that make the prosecution look like idiots, and as childish as it seems arguing with people can be sort of fun and therapeutic.

The things I despise about this business are Idiot clients, idiot prosecution, paperwork, when I lose a case due to a ridiculous law or loophole, and the late hours.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I have been trained in Occulumency and Legilimency magic.

I acknowledge that any magical & muggle business must be separated as to not breach the Statute of S Yeah sure

(Your character's signature here) Tobi Fallrein

Essy ze Ninja

Accepted  

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:39 pm
Cara MiaKitty

Hello, my name is Nirav Chahal

I am a(n) Astronomer

My business is called Nirav Chahal's Office

It provides star charts, study of movement of celestial bodies, tutoring in astronomy

It is located in Godric's Hollow

How did I come to get this business? Well... I'm somewhat embarrassed to say that the initial funding was provided my ex-wife. Her family was well-off and supportive of her passion, our passion. She left the business in my hands when we divorced, but still consults with me from time to time.

The things I love about this business are stars, obviously. I love the night sky, studying it is my true passion. I love the hours, and that it's dark when I'm up more often than not, as my eyes are sensitive to light. I also love that it more often than not leaves me alone with my thoughts. It's also quite easy to juggle this work, and my writing. Besides that, it's consistent and simple, but also complex, if that even makes any sense at all.

The things I despise about this business are the hours make caring for a child difficult, it's not easy having to be awake to take care of my daughter when I've been up all night working. There's not much call for Astronomers, so a lot of what I do is personal work, and I don't make much money at it. Being subject to the weather of the UK isn't always wonderful, either. Plus it kills my social life. And more often than not, when I get a customer looking for a star chart or something, it's some batty divination expert. I like divination, don't get me wrong, but some of those people are nuts.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! My 'office' is located in a converted garage below my flat.

I acknowledge that any magical & muggle business must be separated as to not breach the Statute of Secrecy.

Signed,
Nirav Chahal

Essy ze Ninja

Accepted  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:57 pm

Hello, my name is (Link your profile: Lorelei Townsend)

I am a(n) Spell Inventor

My business is called Townsend Charms

It provides consultations and creation of new charms, specializing in charms meant to aid with disabilities.

How did I come to get this business? Well... I have the benefit of a wealthy background. My elder brother helped scout a location for my office, as well as navigating the legal aspects of founding the business. Money was never an issue, so applying and acquiring the space was no trouble.

The things I love about this business are puzzling through problems, helping people, challenging myself, working hours I set myself, and having the ability to pick and choose clients.

The things I despise about this business are people who ask me for help with things that they could have found themselves through research, hitting a wall when working on something, wading through the process of getting spell information out in the world to be of use to people, people who get frustrated with there being no easy solution to their problems, hyperfixating on something until I've been awake for days straight because I can't figure it out.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! My business is located in a small, out of the way road hanging off of a muggle shopping district. However, it has been charmed to appear like an empty shopfront to muggles, and gives off a general aura that makes them stay away.

Signed,
Lorelei Townsend

Essy ze Ninja

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:31 pm
Cara MiaKitty

Hello, my name is (Link your profile: Lorelei Townsend)

I am a(n) Spell Inventor

My business is called Townsend Charms

It provides consultations and creation of new charms, specializing in charms meant to aid with disabilities.

How did I come to get this business? Well... I have the benefit of a wealthy background. My elder brother helped scout a location for my office, as well as navigating the legal aspects of founding the business. Money was never an issue, so applying and acquiring the space was no trouble.

The things I love about this business are puzzling through problems, helping people, challenging myself, working hours I set myself, and having the ability to pick and choose clients.

The things I despise about this business are people who ask me for help with things that they could have found themselves through research, hitting a wall when working on something, wading through the process of getting spell information out in the world to be of use to people, people who get frustrated with there being no easy solution to their problems, hyperfixating on something until I've been awake for days straight because I can't figure it out.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! My business is located in a small, out of the way road hanging off of a muggle shopping district. However, it has been charmed to appear like an empty shopfront to muggles, and gives off a general aura that makes them stay away.

Signed,
Lorelei Townsend

Essy ze Ninja

Accepted  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:15 pm

Hello, my name is Gianna Donati

I am a(n) Inventor and Repair

My business is called Donati Dings and Tinks

It provides Repair of any muggle or magical object as well as working on the use of muggle objects with and around magic.

It is a magical & muggle business.

It is located in Berkenshire, England

How did I come to get this business? Well... I've always had an interest in tinkering with objects and fixing broken ones. I worked alongside my dad in his mechanical job repairing things in our small town and once it was found out I was a witch and I was thrust into the wizarding world I thought that I had found my true calling. The magical world is so arse over tits backwards and behind that it's pretty much insane. So I figured that I could at least start the groundwork for pushing it into the next century...centuries.

The things I love about this business are I get to do what I love day in and out, there's always new challenges, the tools, the idiotic ways people screw up their stuff, actually getting something to run off of magic

The things I despise about this business are People who think they know better about what I do, people who lie about how their stuff got broken, people touching.my.stuff, the sometimes explosions, when I actually can't fix what was broken, when I hit a dead end

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I swear I'm not enchanting muggle objects. That would boring and a complete waste of my time.

Signed,
Gianna Donati

Essy ze Ninja

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:03 pm

Hello, my name is Rubin Eide

I am a writer and journalist (freelance reporter and photojournalist)

My business is called Rubin Eide's Office

It provides books in various genres, documentaries, photography and articles

It is located in Diagon Alley- at home

How did I come to get this business? Well... Writing has been my thing since childhood, and I always wanted to write stories- both fictional and nonfictional, and it gives me an opportunity to travel around. It's always fun to record stories and share it to people, right?

The things I love about this business are
- I get to do something that involves being outdoors
- Expressing and experimenting creativity
- I get to have my own schedule
- Witnessing some of the outstanding things around
- Sometimes, it gives me an excuse to use art into books
- Sharing nice stories and experiences

The things I despise about this business are
- Writer's Block
- I have other priorities to handle, such as family and my Potion shop business, so I didn't always get out that much.
- Snobbish publishers
- Getting to witness not-so good stuffs
- Unreliable sources
- Oh and you know those people who would give you threats and stuff across the street because you wrote something they didn't like? That, too. A lot.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! My "office" is at home, just above my shop in Diagon. But I sometimes do my writing at my shop as well to multitask.

Signed,
Rubin Aksnes Eide

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:48 am
Yukina101

Hello, my name is Gianna Donati

I am a(n) Inventor and Repair

My business is called Donati Dings and Tinks

It provides Repair of any muggle or magical object as well as working on the use of muggle objects with and around magic.

It is a magical & muggle business.

It is located in Berkenshire, England

How did I come to get this business? Well... I've always had an interest in tinkering with objects and fixing broken ones. I worked alongside my dad in his mechanical job repairing things in our small town and once it was found out I was a witch and I was thrust into the wizarding world I thought that I had found my true calling. The magical world is so arse over tits backwards and behind that it's pretty much insane. So I figured that I could at least start the groundwork for pushing it into the next century...centuries.

The things I love about this business are I get to do what I love day in and out, there's always new challenges, the tools, the idiotic ways people screw up their stuff, actually getting something to run off of magic

The things I despise about this business are People who think they know better about what I do, people who lie about how their stuff got broken, people touching.my.stuff, the sometimes explosions, when I actually can't fix what was broken, when I hit a dead end

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I swear I'm not enchanting muggle objects. That would boring and a complete waste of my time.

Signed,
Gianna Donati

Essy ze Ninja

Accepted  

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:05 pm
Jade Galaksylph

Hello, my name is Rubin Eide

I am a writer and journalist (freelance reporter and photojournalist)

My business is called Rubin Eide's Office

It provides books in various genres, documentaries, photography and articles

It is located in Diagon Alley- at home

How did I come to get this business? Well... Writing has been my thing since childhood, and I always wanted to write stories- both fictional and nonfictional, and it gives me an opportunity to travel around. It's always fun to record stories and share it to people, right?

The things I love about this business are
- I get to do something that involves being outdoors
- Expressing and experimenting creativity
- I get to have my own schedule
- Witnessing some of the outstanding things around
- Sometimes, it gives me an excuse to use art into books
- Sharing nice stories and experiences

The things I despise about this business are
- Writer's Block
- I have other priorities to handle, such as family and my Potion shop business, so I didn't always get out that much.
- Snobbish publishers
- Getting to witness not-so good stuffs
- Unreliable sources
- Oh and you know those people who would give you threats and stuff across the street because you wrote something they didn't like? That, too. A lot.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! My "office" is at home, just above my shop in Diagon. But I sometimes do my writing at my shop as well to multitask.

Signed,
Rubin Aksnes Eide

Essy ze Ninja

Accepted  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:11 pm

Hello, my name is Nastassia Lovell

I am a(n) Musician and Instrument Crafter

My business is called Tassy's Music Studio

It provides Private music teaching to students of all ages as well as commissioned instrument repair and creation.

It is a Magical business.

It is located in London, England. Specifically in the offices of the Lilting Lyre.

How did I come to get this business? Well... After my boss left to go explore the world with his husband, the Lilting Lyre was left in my semi-capable hands. I had been repairing instruments for a while but it was only after I started running the store did I finally get the chance to start selling my own personally crafted instruments. Thankfully, they were widely received. The idea to give private music lessons came to me though while I was giving short guitar lessons to my godson and later a parent approached me asking if I could do the same with her daughter. Soon I had an array of students of various ages and musical abilities.

The things I love about this business are Teaching something new, crafting something from nothing, the look kids get when they get a song right, the look on a person's face when they hold one of my creations for the first time, when a person buys one of my creations.

The things I despise about this business are Snooty parents, snooty kids, when someone leaves a giant smudge on one of my instruments, when the kids think they know better, when someone drops one of my instruments.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! The business is basically outlined in the Lilting Lyre but I wanted to be official.

Signed,
Nastassia Lovell

Essy ze Ninja

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:36 pm
Entrepreneur Assistant Skeleton

Hello, my name is Michael Davenport

I would like to work at Niall Hughes' Office

The things I love about this business are Being able to help people, the atmosphere, being able to practice what I learned in university, meeting new people, interesting cases.

The things I despise about this business are Violent patients, the fact people immediately assume I'm going to throw medication at them, the assumption that every patient is crazy, nosy relations to patients, when Leon calls the color of one of the rooms 'baby shite green'.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I handle the muggle side of the practice to keep up the Statute of Secrecy for Niall.

Signed,
Michael Tyler Davenport

Yukina101

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:57 pm

Hello, my name is Miles McLellan

I am a(n) musician.

My business is called Miles McLellan's Studio

It provides a place for me to compose new songs, write lyrics, and try and work on a schedule for performances.

It is located in Hogsmeade, Scotland.

How did I come to get this business? Well... My wife has been really helpful and patient, considering she could have easily kicked me out on me arse numerous times in the past, but hasn't. Therefore, besides helping her out with Dominic Maestro's, I decided to actually work on becoming a legitimate business owner and not just someone that performs in The Three Broomsticks or Hog's Head on occasion.

The things I love about this business are Choosing my own hours, being able to work on my own pieces, being able to actually practice without disturbing people, being around my family while I work, being able to schedule when I want.

The things I despise about this business are Working around full moons, early mornings, the cat across the street, being overworked, the possibility someone could discover I'm a werewolf.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I basically work from home when I'm not on the road or something performing.

Signed,
Miles Braden McLellan

Essy ze Ninja

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:57 pm

Hello, my name is Carver Bryson

I am a(n) Alchemist

My business is called Bryson Alchemy

It provides my services as an alchemist. That's about it.

How did I come to get this business? Well... I graduated from school wanting to go into alchemy. That about sums it up.

The things I love about this business are not having snot-nosed brats underfoot while I'm working, my own space to work, my own hours, not having to pay rent (yet), my own hours, and deciding for myself what I'm working on.

The things I despise about this business are pushy customers, people that don't get the concept that sometimes it takes time, me becoming frustrated when I hit a dead end, ruining a project, and not enough sleep some nights.

Signed,
Carver Everett Bryson

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:39 pm
Diamond Wales
Entrepreneur Assistant Skeleton

Hello, my name is Michael Davenport

I would like to work at Niall Hughes' Office

The things I love about this business are Being able to help people, the atmosphere, being able to practice what I learned in university, meeting new people, interesting cases.

The things I despise about this business are Violent patients, the fact people immediately assume I'm going to throw medication at them, the assumption that every patient is crazy, nosy relations to patients, when Leon calls the color of one of the rooms 'baby shite green'.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I handle the muggle side of the practice to keep up the Statute of Secrecy for Niall.

Signed,
Michael Tyler Davenport

Yukina101

Hired!  

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:24 am
Yukina101

Hello, my name is Nastassia Lovell

I am a(n) Musician and Instrument Crafter

My business is called Tassy's Music Studio

It provides Private music teaching to students of all ages as well as commissioned instrument repair and creation.

It is a Magical business.

It is located in London, England. Specifically in the offices of the Lilting Lyre.

How did I come to get this business? Well... After my boss left to go explore the world with his husband, the Lilting Lyre was left in my semi-capable hands. I had been repairing instruments for a while but it was only after I started running the store did I finally get the chance to start selling my own personally crafted instruments. Thankfully, they were widely received. The idea to give private music lessons came to me though while I was giving short guitar lessons to my godson and later a parent approached me asking if I could do the same with her daughter. Soon I had an array of students of various ages and musical abilities.

The things I love about this business are Teaching something new, crafting something from nothing, the look kids get when they get a song right, the look on a person's face when they hold one of my creations for the first time, when a person buys one of my creations.

The things I despise about this business are Snooty parents, snooty kids, when someone leaves a giant smudge on one of my instruments, when the kids think they know better, when someone drops one of my instruments.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! The business is basically outlined in the Lilting Lyre but I wanted to be official.

Signed,
Nastassia Lovell

Essy ze Ninja

Accepted  
Entrepreneurs (Broommakers, Wandmakers, etc.)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games