Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Overton Cottage Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:13 pm
User Image

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

╔══════════════════════════════════╗
                                            Mackenzie Hawthorne
                                            Gryffindor - Fifth Year - Fifteen Years Old - Reserve Seeker - Halfblood - Adopted
                                            ╚══════════════════════════════════╝

Not gonna lie, Mackenzie was fed up with her mum and step dad. They had told her that she couldn’t wear “inappropriate” clothes to the party. It was as if they didn’t understand that she was already fifteen, for crying out loud. In fact, they even thought her current outfit was too inappropriate to wear without a cardigan or jacket. It was summer. No one wore sweaters in the summer. Kenzie groaned and moaned all day, but quickly shut up when Ariana told her she should consider herself lucky that she got to wear the top she wanted, plus eyeliner and even a bit of eye shadow. Although she was a tad grumpy, the Gryffindor was excited to see her boyfriend and friends. When she arrived, a younger housemate, Jilly, was standing at the door. Mackenzie greeted her as both of the girls waited to be let into the house, where she immediately made a B line for Colton, Connor and Essie. “Hey,” she greeted everyone, although she paused to kiss her boyfriend, then pat Sadie on the head. “Hope the fun hasn’t started yet,” she joked, intertwining her fingers with Colton’s.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒾𝓈 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝒷𝑒𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝓌𝒽𝑜 𝓎𝑜𝓊'𝓇𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝓃𝓃𝒶 𝒷𝑒...

The Forgotten Weasley
Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:31 pm
What have you seen, what have you felt?
Your lips are closed, the curtain's shut-
All that we can see is on your sleeve;
All that we can see is on your sleeve.
I know from time to time...
That hope seems but a foreign land.

User Image
𝚕𝚢𝚍𝚒𝚊
𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚎
𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚛

muggleborn │ third year │ hufflepuff

Liddie smiled. "I keep getting taller too, it's really annoying." She'd always been on the gawky side, but now that she was becoming... well, a young woman... she'd noticed her surge in height... among other things. Basically all of it was gross and she was annoyed with her mum for not warning her about any of it. At least she could count on Essie to be honest and upfront about things like bras and periods. Ew. But she might end up being even taller than her sister, which made sense, since her whole family was fairly tall.

Hikaru mentioned Care of Magical Creatures, and she frowned slightly. She did like animals, but she didn't to necessarily have to deal with strange, disturbing, magical animals. "I'm not sure about that one. I definitely want to take Music, Healing, and Wandless Magic." Music was obvious, Essie had recommended Healing, and she thought Wandless Magic would be useful. Maybe her parents would be more comfortable with her being a witch if they didn't see her waving a wand around. He complimented her dress and she flushed self-consciously, although the Ravenclaw sounded sincere. "Thanks. I don't have a lot of... really casual clothes."

OOC:
Kungfudemoness

A distance that we cannot reach, a language we cannot speak-
Your life is hidden in your skin, though not entirely so...
Some things can't be kept, and through all the things we'll find out-
In your words and in the movement of your eyes;
The expressions on your face, the rush of your walking...
With our closed fists we will feel like we've succeeded again.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:30 pm
User ImageUser Image
Saio Mio Ukida
Fifth Year Hufflepuff Prefect
Adopted ☼ Half-blood

Location : Overton's Summer Party

Saio was happy to be getting off the farm and over to much needed summer fun. Her sister had been badgering her about it. Usually her sister ignored her but today Tsubaki decided to be a pest. “Is your boyfriend going to be there?” She asked her. “I don’t have a boyfriend.” Saio replied. “Then what’s with the outfit?” Tsubaki asked. “It’s a summer dress and I want to look nice. Now be good and stay out of trouble would you.” Walking out of the house, the Hufflepuff was so grateful to get away from her.

Being dropped off at the Overton’s house, Saio skipped to the door. Knocking away she twirled her hair with her fingers while she waited. Nothing like a little summer fun to get her mind off of her sister…

With: People it is a party!

Wearing: Yellow Dress

OOC: ---

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:17 pm
User ImageUser Image
Richard Indigo Devereux
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Black Sheep of the Family

Richard was amazed at how easy it was to get out of the house when his parents found out he was invited to a party. They didn’t seem to care too much. Sure they asked a few questions; like who was going to be there and where it was. Other than that it was pretty laid back. His biggest problem was his sister.

“A party!” Aurora cried. “Can I go?” She asked her older brother. “Yes a party and no you can’t go.” Richard answered. “But Richie~” She whined. “No, nobody wants an eight year old at the party.” He answered her as he grabbed his things and walked out of his room. With a huff the young girl folded her arms and followed after him. “That’s not very fair…” She told him. “Life isn’t fair Rora…” He replied getting nothing but a pout in reply before she scurried off.

- - - - -

Arriving at the cottage in wales, Richard was grateful to get out of the house. Never mind that he found a way to get there to begin with. Walking up the walkway saw one of his classmates at the door. Greeting her before they were let in he headed over to Essie who seemed out of sorts. “Hey Essie,” He greeted her with a smile. “You look nice. So, how are you doing?” He asked her a few snacks in hand. Yes, Richard might have stopped by the snacks on his way over. It wasn’t a crime.

With : Friends... Essie

Attire : T-shirt and Shorts

OOC : - - -

The Forgotten Weasley

Not afraid to be different!
                                      Well isn't that refreshing!
                                      Your family may be Slytherin, but I think you'll find your way in...
                                      Gryffindor!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:56 pm
User Image

I won't just survive
Oh, you will see me thrive
Can't write my story
I'm beyond the archetype
I won't just conform
No matter how you shake my core
'Cause my roots, they run deep

═══Ravenclaw═Keeper════

"I can loan you a book about them mabye you'd like it? I think my copy is relatively new." Hikaru offered. "Though wandless magic sound cool. I bet I could do good in advanced flying two as well. I kinda sucked this last year as keeper..." He really hoped the new captain would let him stay on the team. He loved the practices. Lydia seem nervous that she was over dressed. "I'm the opposite I got very few dress clothes." He said hoping to put her at ease. Bree showed up and attacked a sandwich Hikaru greeted her and they where joined by Jilly another fellow 3rd year. She was still shorter than him that or he was tall. Though Jilly was always smaller. It was an unfair comparision.

Oh, ye of so little faith
Don't doubt it, don't doubt it
Victory is in your veins
You know it, you know it
And you will not negotiate
Just fight it, just fight it
And be transformed

Ooc:
kiska166

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:49 pm
User ImageUser Image

𝒢𝓇𝓎𝒻𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹𝑜𝓇 𝐹𝒾𝒻𝓉𝒽 𝒴𝑒𝒶𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝒾𝓃𝓈 𝑅𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓁𝒶𝓌

While everyone was talking, Colton busied himself by the door, welcoming people and general host things. Connor, on the other hand, had wandered over to where he heard Essie and Rich talking, deciding that that would be a good place to station himself. Not but a few seconds later, the sounds of Brianna practically sprinting down the stairs made him turn his head toward the sound. The next to arrive was Kenzie, and that made Colton happy. "Hi Kenz! C'mon in! The party is just getting started! There's snacks and stuff too!" The older twin beamed brightly, happy to hold hands with his girlfriend. "Hi Kenzie, welcome to our house." The younger twin offered a wave, though it wasn't quite aimed the correct direction.

The next two people to arrive were Saio and Rich, both let in the door by Sarah, who had just been delivering tea cakes to the front room. After Connor heard them enter, he mosied over to where Saio was standing, glad to be in his own house for this amassing of people. "Hello Saio, I hope your summer has been going alright?" He nodded a few times before just shoving his hands in his pockets to try and appear aloof and casual. Someday he'd figure out how to just look relaxed...

kiska166

murruelecreuset

Sᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇ ᴍᴀᴢᴇ, ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪs ᴛʜɪs ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ? I ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇs ᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴍʏ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅᴇʀ,
Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ sᴇɴsᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴀʟʟ. Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀ, ᴡʜʏ ᴅᴏ ᴡᴇ ʀᴀᴄᴇ?
Wʜᴇɴ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴅᴀʏ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ʀᴜɴɴɪɴ' ɪɴ ᴄɪʀᴄʟᴇs,
Sᴜᴄʜ ᴀ ꜰᴜɴɴʏ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛᴏ ꜰᴀʟʟ. Tʀɪᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ᴜᴘ ᴍʏ ᴇʏᴇs,
I'ᴍ ʜᴏᴘɪɴ' ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ.
I ʜᴇᴀʀᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀɪᴅ, I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʟᴏsᴇ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀᴅ,
Wʜᴇɴ I ᴡᴀᴋᴇ ᴜᴘ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ɪsɴ'ᴛ ᴅᴏɴᴇ.
I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜰᴀᴄᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴋɴᴏᴡ I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ɪᴛ ʜᴏᴍᴇ.
Iꜰ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪs ᴛʀᴜᴇ, ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴄᴀɴ I ᴅᴏ?
I ᴀᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ᴘᴀɪɴᴛɪɴɢ ꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀs ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:23 pm
User ImageUser Image

Agє 18Uηι Sтυ∂єηтSιηgℓє

Aindy grinned at Claire when she mentioned her hometown. She was from Cork, whereas he had been raised near Dublin. Their universities were rivals, and he wondered if the girl was planning to go to Cork Uni. "Ah, a true Irish gal, eh? Ah'm from Dublin, mahself." He smirked, proud of his Irish heritage. It helped that most of the family was Irish, though he was pretty sure the twins were becoming more and more English. A crying shame. His attention was drawn back to the girl when she asked about his school, something he loved talking about. "Ah love it. Ahm majorin' in Biotech an' minorin' in Computer Forensics. Gonnae be ace when ah graduate." He nodded, glancing briefly at his cell phone when it buzzed in his pocket, before pushing it back and grinning. "An' you, 'ow's your schoolin'? The twins donnae tell me much."

Summer II

Mʏ ɴᴀᴍᴇ ɪs Cᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ Kɪᴅᴅ ᴀs I sᴀɪʟᴇᴅ, ᴀs I sᴀɪʟᴇᴅ,
Mʏ ɴᴀᴍᴇ ɪs Cᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ Kɪᴅᴅ ᴀɴᴅ Gᴏᴅ's ʟᴀᴡs I ᴅɪᴅ ꜰᴏʀʙɪᴅ,
Aɴᴅ ᴍᴏsᴛ ᴡɪᴄᴋᴇᴅʟʏ I ᴅɪᴅ ᴀs I sᴀɪʟᴇᴅ.
I ᴡᴀs sɪᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ɴɪɢʜ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ, ᴀɴᴅ I ᴠᴏᴡᴇᴅ ᴀᴛ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜ,
Oʜ ᴛᴏ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ɪɴ ᴡɪsᴅᴏᴍ's ᴘᴀᴛʜ, ᴀs I sᴀɪʟᴇᴅ
Bᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ʀᴇᴘᴇɴᴛᴀɴᴄᴇ ʟᴀsᴛᴇᴅ ɴᴏᴛ, ᴍʏ ᴠᴏᴡs I sᴏᴏɴ ꜰᴏʀɢᴏᴛ,
Oʜ ᴅᴀᴍɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ɪs ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴛ, ᴀs I sᴀɪʟᴇᴅ.
Tᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇxᴇᴄᴜᴛɪᴏɴ ᴅᴏᴄᴋ ʟᴀʏ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀᴅ ᴜᴘᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴏᴄᴋ,
Lᴀᴡs ɴᴏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ I'ʟʟ ᴍᴏᴄᴋ ᴀs I sᴀɪʟ,
Sᴏ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ sʜᴜɴ ʙᴀᴅ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ
Oʀ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ᴡɪɴᴅ ᴜᴘ ᴊᴜsᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀs I sᴀɪʟᴇᴅ.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:43 pm
I feel the light upon my skin, like fingertips;
Reminding me that night must end.
Be brave, like bridges underwater,
Keeping strong beyond their time.
I feel the light upon my skin,
Reminding me that night must end.

User Image
𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛
𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚢
𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚛

muggleborn │ fifth year │ gryffindor

Essie waved at Rich as he made his way over, snacks in hand, and plucked a chip from him with a grin. "Thanks. Your parents didn't give you any trouble about coming here?" Granted, she didn't know Rich's parents really, at all, but she knew they were at least somewhat traditional. He had used to be heir of... something, after all, although she knew it had gone to his cousin now and that he was in trouble with his grandparents or something, for being a Gryffindor. She was slightly envious of his very relaxed outfit; she'd have loved to shown up in shorts and a tee-shirt, but as of right now she was lucky to own one pair of jeans, and she had to hide those from her parents. Nevermind what their reaction to her wearing anything above the knee would be. Essie could understand them forbidding her from wearing short shorts clearly cut to be flirtatious/provocative, but she didn't think her shins and/or knees were going to tempt anyone to sin.

OOC:
murruelecreuset

There's something about sadness,
That leaves us wanting more.
A sickness that breathes...
From holding on to letting go,
The change is like dying-
Teach me to create a beautiful past.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Summer II

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:35 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
------c l α í r є------w í l s σ n------

♫ You make me smile like the sun ♪
♫ Fall out of bed, sing like a bird ♪
♫ Dizzy in my head, spin like a record ♪
♫ Crazy on a Sunday night ♪

------ѕєνєитн----чєαr----нυғғlepυғғ------

Claire was enamored by this young man, even his accent was sexy and it was something that she grew up hearing most of her life. She was hanging on his every word, nodding like a goofball. When he asked about her school, she smiled and said, "Oh, my best class is Her... botany. I want to do things with plants after school." Almost slipped up there. Imagine trying to have to explain herbology... "The school itself is kinda boring otherwise," she said, trying to think of a way to change the subject. Talking about Hogwarts to a Muggle would get confusing quick and Claire would hate for his memory to get wiped. Glancing around, she said, "So, what do ye do for fun?" Her Irish accent, which had disappeared from most of her recent life, was starting to sneak its way back into her voice.

♫ You make me dance like a fool ♪
♫ Forget how to breathe ♪
♫ Shine like gold, buzz like a bee ♪
♫ Just the thought of you can drive me wild ♪
♫ Oh, you make me smile ♪

------σ u t----σ f----c h α r α c t є r------

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:21 pm
User ImageUser Image

Sick of all these people talking, sick of all this noise
                                                                  Tired of all these cameras flashing, sick of being poised
                                                                  I'm headed straight for the castle
                                                                  They wanna make me their
                                                                  queen
                                                                  And there's an old man sitting on the throne
                                                                  saying that I probably shouldn't be so mean

Rowan had asked her sisters to come with but neither had seemed very inclined to do so. She had shrugged it off, figuring they had better plans or didn't like her boyfriendthing. She didn't really know what to call him but whatever. She had lied to her parents saying she was going to help Micah with some wedding planning or whatever and then convinced her cousin to get her to the Overton's house.... through threatening to reveal Micah's real house... but whatever. She wasn't all that nice after all.

And so she was here, she waved goodbye to her cousin, and knocked on the door. She'd said she'd find her own way home with the knight bus.
                                                                  She waited quietly at the door, tapping her feet against the ground.
                                                                  She'd left most of her snakes at home, not wanting to intrude,
                                                                  but had little old Ifrit tucked away happily in her pocket. He always hated to be left alone... attachment issues.

I'm headed straight for the castle
                                                                  They've got the kingdom locked up
                                                                  And there's an
                                                                  old man sitting on the throne
                                                                  saying I should
                                                                  probably keep my pretty mouth shut
                                                                  Oh, all of these
                                                                  minutes passing, sick of feeling used
                                                                  If you wanna break these walls down, you're gonna get bruised

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:14 am
User Image
                                                      You with the sad eyes. Don't be discouraged. Oh I realize it's hard to take courage.
                                                      In a world full of people you can lose sight of it all, and the darkness inside you can make you feel so small.

𝕂𝕚𝕝𝕖𝕪 𝕁𝕠𝕪𝕔𝕖 𝕌𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣
                                                      Ravenclaw / Seventh Year / Muggleborn

Show me a smile then, don't be unhappy, can't remember when I last saw you laughing.
                                                      If this world makes you crazy and you've taken all you can bear. You call me up because you know I'll be there.

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

Finally, summer break. The Umber girls were more excited for this summer than anything. For one, they could apparate, and for two, it was the last summer they would spend as Hogwarts students. The pair were determined to make it great, starting with the house party at the Overton's. Colton and Connor had invited them both to the party, along with Claire and a few other students. What inspired them to have a party like this, Kiley didn't know, but she was eager to go. For her, the one thing she wanted to do more in her last year at Hogwarts was to put herself out there more, as her sister said. She wanted to go to parties, hang out with friends, do more than just study. Sure, she still had to study, because her NEWTs were very important for her future career, but there was more to life than just schoolwork. Ki wanted to make the most of it, be a teenager for once instead of worrying about being an adult. There was plenty of time for that after graduation, and for her and her twin, the clock was ticking. Well, maybe Kimberly didn't understand how quickly their adult lives were approaching.

Ki glanced at her as they walked the pavement towards the Overton home. 'She's still upset, I can tell,' she thought to herself. It was just a few days ago that her twin had received the letter stating that she had been demoted from the Quidditch team, and placed on restriction for being late to her games. Quidditch seemed to be the only thing her twin cared about most of the time, so needless to say, she didn't take it well. "Kim, try to cheer up, if not for me or yourself, for our friends. I know you wouldn't want them to see you so sad." Kim looked over at her, the usual happy gleam in her brown eyes was gone. The teen shrugged and sighed as they stopped outside the house. "Listen, I know you're taking this really hard, but I promise that you are not defined by that team. There's so much more for you at that school. You're practically the top student in Potions, you know. And you can join Dueling Club with me this last year. It's a lot of fun, Raymond, Colin and Di are there too. I think you'd do well." Kiley placed a supportive hand on her sister's shoulder, smiling at her. Kim managed a small grin, nodded at her twin, and knocked on the door. A random party-goer opened it, and the twins walked in, putting on their happiest party faces and waving at their friends.

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

But I see your true colors shining through. I see your true colors.
                                                      And that's why I love you, so don't be afraid to let them show.
                                                      Your true colors, true colors are beautiful like a rainbow.

x x x x

OOC: . . .

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:55 am
User Image
                                                                    I know that I'm running out of time. I want it all.
                                                                    And I'm wishing they'd stop tryna turn me off. I want it on.
                                                                    And I'm walking on a wire, trying to go higher.

𝙺𝚒𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚕𝚢 𝙹𝚎𝚊𝚗 𝚄𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛
                                                                    Gryffindor / Seventh Year / Prefect / Muggleborn

Feels like I'm surrounded by clowns and liars.
                                                                    Even when I give it all away. I want it all.
                                                                    We came here to run it, run it, run it.

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

On the walk to the Overton house, Kimberly kept her head hanging low. She wasn't feeling up to a party, but Kiley made her go. Something about moping around in her room all summer and how she should try to enjoy herself while she had the chance. Her twin was always thinking about the future, her career, all that. Why was it now that she suddenly wanted to live in the moment? Wasn't that her thing? Kim had always been the fun twin, while Ki was the studious goody-two-shoes who stayed in. Now it was the other way around. Kimberly was in the doghouse, and she knew it. After getting the letter from the school saying she was demoted and restricted on the Quidditch team, she went in her room, closed the door, and stayed there. Her sister and mother did their best to cheer her up, but it wasn't much help. Kim loved Quidditch, she loved sports and being active. There weren't any other sports to play at Hogwarts, for one, and for two, her reputation was pretty much ruined now. For her last year at school, she would be known as the Vice Captain who couldn't make it to a game on time and got knocked back down to the bottom of the roster. Below the bottom, really. First Years trying out this year would make it on the starting team before her. What was the point in even trying out then? She sighed, clearly feeling quite depressed.

As they walked towards the Overton house, Kiley tried to cheer her up, telling her she wasn't defined by the Quidditch team, that she had so much more going for her at school than just Quidditch. Sure, she had Potions, and she could join Dueling Club, but they weren't the same as Quidditch. Still, her twin was trying her best to make her feel a bit better, so she put on a brave face and gave her a smile. It was going to be tough, but as long as she had her sister, Kim figured she would be okay. Knocking on the door, someone let them in and Kim grinned at her friends, waving a hello to them all. After a round of hellos, Kiley tried making a beeline for the snack table, but Kim knew she was going to try to hang back on a wall somewhere, despite what she continued on about how she wanted to live a little and be a teenager for a while. "Oh no no no, we can get snacks in a bit. The first thing you do at a party is mingle, then you go for the snacks when things get weird. Trust me," she said to her twin, grinning at her as she looped her arm through the Ravenclaw's and started walking towards a small ground of students. "And how many of these things have you been to before?" Kiley asked. Kimberly chuckled, dodging the answer because it wasn't a significant number. "Hey Colton, Connor, thanks for inviting us. And hey Kenzie and, um, Saio? How's it going?" Kim asked, greeting them all. "Hey Connor, Colton, Kenzie, Saio. Thank you for inviting us to your party. It looks like everyone is having a pretty good time," Kiley added, flashing a pleasant smile at the other students.

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

Just like fire, burning up the way. If I can light the world up for just one day.
                                                                    Watch this madness, colorful charade. No one can be just like me any way.
                                                                    Just like magic, I'll be flying free. I'mma disappear when they come for me.
                                                                    I kick that ceiling, what you gonna say? No one can be just like me any way.

x x x x

OOC: . . .

Miss GryffindorK

murruelecreuset

kiska166

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:11 pm
User ImageUser Image

Oh, I don't know what you've been told
But this gal right here's gonna rule the world
Yeah, that is where I'm gonna be, because I wanna be
No, I don't wanna sit still, look pretty

═══════RESERVE BEATER══════

Jillian was careful to set down the cookies before she decided to give out the hugs! She was in quite obvious boy clothes and her hair in pigtails but Jilly didn't care. With how young she looked and he hyperness, the only reason that she would not look like the first years is her robes were already colored. That and she was starting to get lumpy in the chest department. She was comfy, besides once summer was over it was back to the uniform skirt. Her and Bree were good enough friends from being on the same Quidditch team that hugs were normal. She offered one to the shy Hikaru who pleasantly surprised her by accepting. She understood not everyone was a hugger. She wasn't offended if a hug was rejected. She offered one to Liddie who was quite dressed up. "Hug?" Jillian asked all happy. She hoped to become better friends with Liddie. They chatted some but Liddie was always shy. She did catch a bit of the conversation. Whether or not the hug was accepted she went on to add he to cents in "For classes, I decided to go with Art, Advanced Flying, and Healing. Oh hey did you guys get the Hogsmeade slips signed?" She as in her usually chipper mood

════════════════════════

OoC:

I know the other girlies
Wanna wear expensive things
Like diamond rings
But I don't wanna be the puppet
That you're playing on a string
This queen don't need a king

kiska166
The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:25 am
What have you seen, what have you felt?
Your lips are closed, the curtain's shut-
All that we can see is on your sleeve;
All that we can see is on your sleeve.
I know from time to time...
That hope seems but a foreign land.

User Image
𝚕𝚢𝚍𝚒𝚊
𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚎
𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚛

muggleborn │ third year │ hufflepuff

Liddie brightened at the mention of the keeper position. "I'm reserve keeper for Hufflepuff... Hopefully I can make first string by fifth year, when Balder's graduated." The strawberry blonde blinked a little at the sudden appearance of Jilly, who was always very... spirited, but accepted her hug with a smile anyways. At least someone seemed thrilled to see her, right? The twins were more Essie's friends than hers. At the mention of Hogsmeade slips she bit her lip, and nodded. "I'll have to get my brother Jonas to sign mine, he's an adult..." She very much doubted her parents would, so it would be that or forging one of their signatures. Which she would do if she got desperate enough, sin or not. She wasn't going to miss out on something everyone else got to enjoy; she'd spent the last thirteen years doing exactly that.

OOC:
Kungfudemoness

A distance that we cannot reach, a language we cannot speak-
Your life is hidden in your skin, though not entirely so...
Some things can't be kept, and through all the things we'll find out-
In your words and in the movement of your eyes;
The expressions on your face, the rush of your walking...
With our closed fists we will feel like we've succeeded again.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:46 pm
User Image

╔════════════════════════╗
                                              Brianna Kaylie Overton
                                              Gryffindor - Thirteen - Third Year - Chaser - Muggleborn
                                              ╚════════════════════════╝

After greeting Jilly with a hug, Brianna continued to munch on her finger sandwich while her friend hugged their other friends. The brunette had missed the first part of the conversation, so she didn’t know what Hikaru would be taking. However, she discovered that the girls were taking many of the same electives that she was. “I’m taking all of those, too!” she exclaimed, excited that she wouldn’t be friendless. Hazel eyes quickly widened when she was asked about the Hogsmeade slip. “Oh – thank you for reminding me! I still gotta get mum to sign that,” she commented, peering towards the kitchen where her mother was undoubtedly preparing another dish to bring out for everyone to eat. Turning her attention back to Liddie, the blonde raised an eyebrow. “Would your parents not let you go?” Bree asked, concerned for her friend. Lydia had to be able to go to Hogsmeade; the blonde wanted to explore the village with her friends. “Didn’t they sign Essie’s when she was in third year?” It really wouldn’t be fair of them to have let Liddie’s sister go all the while keeping her stuck at Hogwarts.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

I've got a f e e l i n g you could use a little smile, h o p i n g you could stay there for just a little while.
                                              Makin' a lot of n o i s e up there, t h r o w your hands up in the air.

The Forgotten Weasley
Kungfudemoness

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas