Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Lyall & Rider's Townhouse Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Summer II

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:56 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

--------r ι d e r--------w ι l ѕ o n--------

♪ This is my fight song ♫
♪ Take back my life song ♫
♪ Prove I'm alright song ♫
♪ My power's turned on ♫

--------н υ ғ ғ l e p υ ғ ғ----a l υ м n a

Rider heard the door open and close and figured that Lyall was home, so she paused her music and, after checking on the chicken, stepped into the living room to greet him. She smiled at him and was about to ask how his day was when his phone went off. She blinked at him and then smirked, watching him. "Who's calling?" she asked, wiping her hands off on the apron she was wearing.

♪ Starting right now I'll be strong ♫
♪ I'll play my fight song ♫
♪ And I don't really care if nobody else believes ♫
♪ Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me ♫

-----------o υ т----o ғ----c н a r a c т e r-----------

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:29 pm
User ImageUser Image

ℋ𝒆𝓪𝓵𝒆𝓻𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓪𝓰𝓾𝓼ℋ𝓾𝒇𝒇𝓵𝒆𝓹𝓾𝒇𝒇 𝓐𝓵𝓾𝓶𝓷𝓾𝓼

Lyall was about to set down his bag on the couch when his phone chimed with the jaunty little tune he'd chosen. He looked at the little picture then answered, wondering why exactly Claire was calling. "Hel-..." He blinked a few times as the girl launched into a rant about Rider and how he needed to see her right away. He glanced at Rider, a confused expression on his face. "-lo...." By the time he'd even tried to respond, the girl had long since ended the call, so he dropped his head for a moment to sigh. Rider asked who called, and he simply sighed again. "I'll be right back, I guess. I've got to go collect something." He shook his head briefly and apparated away.

Within a few minutes, Lyall returned home, landing into the living room. "Ri, I brought you a gift." He sighed again, but this time with a small grin. He walked away from Claire and went into the kitchen, prepared to take over the cooking so the girls could talk.

Summer II

A ʙᴀᴄᴋʟᴇss ᴅʀᴇss ᴀɴᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ᴜᴘ sɴᴇᴀᴋs, ᴍʏ ᴅɪsᴄᴏᴛʜèǫᴜᴇ, Jᴜʟɪᴇᴛ ᴛᴇᴇɴᴀɢᴇ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ.
I ғᴇʟᴛ ɪᴛ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ᴄʜᴇsᴛ ᴀs sʜᴇ ʟᴏᴏᴋᴇᴅ ᴀᴛ ᴍᴇ. I ᴋɴᴇᴡ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʙᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ,
Sʜᴇ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ᴍʏ ᴀʀᴍ, I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʜᴏᴡ ɪᴛ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴᴇᴅ.
Wᴇ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ғʟᴏᴏʀ ᴀɴᴅ sʜᴇ sᴀɪᴅ, "Oʜ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴀʀᴇ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ʙᴀᴄᴋ.
Jᴜsᴛ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs ᴏɴ ᴍᴇ." I sᴀɪᴅ, "Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ʜᴏʟᴅɪɴɢ ʙᴀᴄᴋ,"
Sʜᴇ sᴀɪᴅ, "Sʜᴜᴛ ᴜᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ!"
Tʜɪs ᴡᴏᴍᴀɴ ɪs ᴍʏ ᴅᴇsᴛɪɴʏ! Sʜᴇ sᴀɪᴅ, "Oᴏʜ-ᴏᴏʜ-ʜᴏᴏ, sʜᴜᴛ ᴜᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ."

𝒟𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝒾𝓃 𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝑒𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝐼 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝓀 𝐼 𝓈𝑒𝑒 𝓂𝓎 𝒻𝓊𝓉𝓊𝓇𝑒. 𝐼 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓁𝒾𝓏𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒾𝓈 𝓂𝓎 𝓁𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒...

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Summer II

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:03 pm
------c l α í r є------w í l s σ n------

♫ You make me smile like the sun ♪
♫ Fall out of bed, sing like a bird ♪
♫ Dizzy in my head, spin like a record ♪
♫ Crazy on a Sunday night ♪

------ғoυrтн----чєαr----нυғғlepυғғ------

When Lyall arrived to collect her, Claire had hugged him tightly and thanked him for taking care of Rider for her. When they apparated back to Rider and Lyall's place, Claire didn't take even a moment to look around before she practically tackle hugged her sister. "Rider! I'm so happy you're feeling better! I missed you so much!" She clung to her sister, hugging the girl tightly. Peeking over Rider's shoulder, she shot Lyall a huge smile.

♫ You make me dance like a fool ♪
♫ Forget how to breathe ♪
♫ Shine like gold, buzz like a bee ♪
♫ Just the thought of you can drive me wild ♪
♫ Oh, you make me smile ♪

------σ u t----σ f----c h α r α c t є r------

{...}

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:07 pm

♪ My power's turned on ♫

Rider blinked questioningly at Lyall, then blinked in surprise when he apparated away. When he returned, he had her sister with him and Rider felt her heart leap in her chest. Claire was on her before she could respond and the older sister hugged her sister back. "I'm glad I'm feeling better too. I missed you too." She lifted her sister's hat off and kissed her head, then walked the both of them into the kitchen. "Lyall deserves the credit. I... I wasn't easy to deal with. But he never gave up on me." She leaned over and laid her head against Lyall, smiling at him.

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

Summer II

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:52 pm
User ImageUser Image

Lyall stirred the chicken, adding a bit of garlic to the pan. He heard the girls talking, then looked up when they walked into the kitchen with him. Rider gave him credit, he assumed for pulling her out of her funk. When she leaned on him, he wrapped an arm around her shoulder, smiling a bit. "I don't think I can give up on you. After we get you back to health, I'm going to help you get a job. I know there are a few openings for Healers at the hospital." He grinned a bit more, excited to not have to be the only one working. He usually volunteered for any and all overtime, and he was pretty sure the stress was giving him a twitch. Hopefully Rider agreed to the notion of a job, or else he'd have to figure something out besides just the hospital.

Summer II

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:26 pm

Claire looked between Lyall and Rider, then smiled happily and tucked against her sister. Did this mean that Lyall and Rider were going to get together? She thought that they totally should. She was smiling widely when Lyall said he didn't think he could give up on her. The girl's smile faltered for a moment because she had been starting to. But she forced it back when Lyall mentioned Rider getting a job. "Yeah, that's what you always wanted to do! You totally should!" She smiled widely at her sister, hoping the girl would take to it.

{...}

Summer II

Summer II

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:29 pm

♪ My power's turned on ♫

Rider glanced between Lyall and Claire, frowning slightly when Lyall said that he would help her get a job at the hospital. She wasn't sure she was ready for that yet. She knew all that Lyall did for her but... Claire chimed in that that was what she always wanted to do. "Yeah but I..." She paused, exhaling a small sigh. Getting back into a normal routine would be good for her and she was a pretty darn good healer. After all, her grades at school spoke to that. Looking to Lyall, she nodded. "You're right. As soon as I'm healthy," she said, indicating her flimsy arms, "I'll go up there and apply for a position." Rider nodded and smiled at Lyall, turning to smile at her sister as well. Where would she be without them? Rider wouldn't have to worry about that, at least.

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:27 pm
User ImageUser Image

Lyall looked at the girls with a grin, calmly petting Rider's messy hair. After he'd mentioned jobs at the hospital, Claire said it was what Rider had always wanted to do and Rider positioned to object. He looked at her, feeling a bit sorry when she sighed and said she would when she was healthy. "Of course. What kind of Healer would I be if I didn't allow you time to heal?" He paused, thinking about the rhetorical question he'd posed. With a look of confusion, he quietly replied to himself "A rubbish healer, that's what..." He frowned, shaking his head a little bit before looking back at the girls. After a few seconds he went to stir the chicken around again, and returned with Bubbles in hand. He was too focused on Rider to notice his beloved pet looking rather droopy.

Summer II

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Summer II

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:40 pm

Claire looked at Rider as she seemed like she was going to rebuff the attempts to get her back to work, but then smiled when she agreed. When Lyall made his comment, Claire giggled. He would definitely make a good brother-in-law. Claire was going to need to make sure they got married. That's what she would do. She smiled and nodded. "Where's your bathroom? I need to use it." She'd give them some space so that they could do whatever it was they did.

{...}

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:43 pm

♪ My power's turned on ♫

Rider nodded at her sister when she asked where the bathroom was, then showed the girl there. Returning without her sister, Rider laid her head on Lyall's shoulder and sighed a little. "Do you really think I'm ready to go to work? Cause... I mean, if you do, I'll trust you." She perched her head on her hands and staring up into Lyall's brown eyes. He always made her feel safe and protected and after all he'd done for her, she was totally indebted to him. And then there was the fact that she loved him incessantly... Staring up into the eyes that never gave up on her, Rider felt a smile creep onto her face and a little color tinge her cheeks.

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

Summer II

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:18 am
User ImageUser Image

Lyall grinned when Claire asked for directions, and he been very much about to give them, but instead Rider lead her off. The man shrugged, assuming the girls wanted a moment alone. He finished up the chicken and served it to three plates before setting them at the table. Claire joining them for dinner would be very nice indeed. When Rider walked back into the kitchen, he walked over to her, letting her rest against him. He looked into her eyes, which he'd noticed were looking at his. When Rider asked about working and if he thought she were capable, the man grinned. "Rider Riley Wilson... I do firmly believe that you can do whatever it is you set your mind upon. If you want a job, then we'll work together to get you healthy again so you can work. I know you can do it. Besides, I think you'd make a wonderful Healer, and the thought that you'd be able to save people's lives... well, it just seems right for you." He swayed a bit, resting his cheek against her hair. Something in his heart made him feel that he should always be there to save her if she needed it. "Besides, you have a bit of save the world in you. That's why you're still here, innit? And... right now if the person you're saving is you... well that's okay, 'cause in someone's eyes, you simply are the world." He hugged her tighter, not ready to admit it was he who saw her as the center of his world. It wasn't time, and so he would wait, if only for her.

Summer II

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:27 pm

♪ My power's turned on ♫

Rider's recovery had continued to move well, with her eating more and crying less, and her nightmares had mostly ceased. After a few weeks, Rider had gotten her courage up and dressed up earlier in the morning. She'd put her resume together and gotten her grades from her N.E.W.T. exams, then headed out. Her interview had gone well, or at least that what she'd thought. Happy, with a smile decorating her face, Rider headed home, knowing that today was Lyall's day off. She was going to surprise him with the information that she'd been hiring at St. Mungos'. Opening the door to their house, she peeked her head inside. Stepping in, she set her bag down beside the door. "Lyall? Are you home?" Rider called to the seemingly empty house.

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

Summer II

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:39 pm
User ImageUser Image

Lyall had been spending the past several days between working extra hours and spending time with Rider, and thus he was rather glad to have a whole day off. He'd vowed not to come into work for a full twenty-four hours, even when Rider said she was going to apply at the hospital. Instead he wished her the best and made himself a big bowl of cereal. A few hours later when he was going to run the vacuum around the living room, the man realized something about the house was very off. He went up to the bedroom, wondering what had made him worry. It wasn't until he looked at the rabbit pen that he realized his problem. Bubbles, his beloved pet of nine years had passed away. He choked back tears, his entire mindframe shattering for a moment. It didn't take but a few seconds for tears to begin to flow as he reached out and held his wonderful former pet. How could he not have noticed she was getting weary?! With a bit of magic, he turned one of his pajama shirts into a small blanket for her. Honestly, he didn't think he could look at her without feeling utmost heartbreak. The man curled up in bed, sobbing. He didn't even notice that Rider had come home, not even by her calling out to him. He curled up and cried, shaking with his own upset.

Summer II

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:47 pm

♪ My power's turned on ♫

The vacuum cleaner was out, despite the floor still being slightly messy, so that left Rider with another concern. She took her hat off and set it on the table beside the door, then started upstairs. "Lyall?" Rider called again, wondering where the boy could be. She could hear something coming from Lyall's room so she gently tapped on the door, then gave it a little push. "Lyall?" Her hand was instinctively on her wand as she entered the boy's room. What she saw, however, was Lyall laying on his bed and crying, cradling his bunny. She didn't even need to ask. Tears came to the girl's eyes and she sat down on the bed beside Lyall, laying a comforting hand on him.

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

Summer II

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:31 pm
User ImageUser Image

Lyall wasn't aware of his surroundings enough to hear Rider calling for him, no, he was found only in his current bubble of crippling sadness. He choked out a sob, his body shaking with his tears. When the door opened he tried to look up, but he found himself quite unable to move. He was quite literally in a state of immobilization. He felt Rider lay a hand on him and at that he was able to turn his gaze up to hers. He wanted to tell her what happened, to try and explain that he simply hadn't noticed, but no words were able to push forth. He coughed out a loud sob before closing his eyes and letting more tears flood out. He'd lost his beloved bunny and he didn't know what to do anymore.

Summer II

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff