User Image

I ᴄᴀɴ ᴀʟᴍᴏsᴛ sᴇᴇ ɪᴛ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ I'ᴍ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍɪɴɢ,
Bᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀᴅ sᴀʏɪɴɢ,
"Yᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ɪᴛ." Eᴠᴇʀʏ sᴛᴇᴘ I'ᴍ ᴛᴀᴋɪɴ'
Eᴠᴇʀʏ ᴍᴏᴠᴇ I ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜰᴇᴇʟs ʟᴏsᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ɴᴏ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ
Bᴜᴛ I, I ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴛʀʏɪɴ', ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀᴅ ʜᴇʟᴅ ʜɪɢʜ

Simon blinked at Val when she spoke, telling about her mother probably not wanting her. A weird, yet familiar feeling bubbled up in his chest, the boy seeming to deflate a bit. He subconsciously signed any of the words she skipped, not even realizing his hands were moving as he watched her. His hair turned a deep purple-grey, biting his lip as she spoke about her dad.... or not. She hadn't seen him in what seemed to be a while, then noted she didn't know her real dad. All her words settled into a heavy weight in his heart, a frown settled on his lips.

"I know how you feel...." The words spilled out, his voice almost ghostly silent. As soon as he registered that it had been his own voice to speak, it seemed like the whole room became painfully silent around him. As soon as he got his emotions back under control, he began signing, hands shaking a bit as he did. "I was adopted by my dad and papa. My mom had a lot of problems, they tell me. My dad... I'm not sure. I remember my mom didn't have magic and she sent me away because I did."

His hair turned a deep black, falling in front of his eyes as his head dropped down to look at the ground. "She gave me away. Just... dropped me on the steps of an orphanage and left me to die in the winter cold. It's one of the only things I remember about her." He sniffled quietly, wiping his eyes on his favorite blanket, which he pulled up to wrap around himself. Simon was pretty sure he'd never told anyone about his mom before, except probably his dads.... but something about Val made him feel comfortable, apparently enough to talk.

—————————————————————————
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Home - Bedroom - Blanket Fort
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Val
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Deep conversations
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? It suddenly got really sad...
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ᴍʏ Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ Mᴏᴏᴅ? Deeply Sad, verging on Depressed
                                                                  —————————————————————————

Devlyn Maycry

Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʙᴇ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴍᴏᴜɴᴛᴀɪɴ
I'ᴍ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴍᴏᴠᴇ
Aʟᴡᴀʏs ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʙᴇ ᴀɴ ᴜᴘʜɪʟʟ ʙᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ
Sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs I'ᴍ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ʟᴏsᴇ
Aɪɴ'ᴛ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ʜᴏᴡ ꜰᴀsᴛ I ɢᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ
Aɪɴ'ᴛ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ's ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴ' ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ sɪᴅᴇ
Iᴛ's ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʟɪᴍʙ