Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:15 pm
Cyrus Marshall & Tala Maxwell
~ Zael and Tala's Dorm Room ~
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It felt strange to actually have someone stand up for him and Tala would cast a glance - initially curious, but then graced with an acknowledging smile - in Zael's direction as he felt the male lean against the bed frame. It wasn't a physical hand to shoulder touch like Cyrus had attempted, but more of a motion that would draw the male's attention and allow him to see that his roommate had his back. It was when Zael noted that Tala had said his piece, that the Shadowmancer turned his gaze to look at the pair, narrowing his eyes at Cyrus for a moment before listening as Rey mentioned he had visited the attack site and that Tala had been very lucky to have come out relatively unscathed...

What made him curious however was the fact that after reassuring Zael that he'd heard all he'd needed from the boy, Captain Reynard had then turned his gaze towards his own comrade, "Wait...what?" Tala tilted his head then blinked, looking towards the Tiger who had now turned to regard his superior with an expression of surprise before rising back to his feet and taking a step away,

Cyrus had certainly not been expecting Reynard to turn the attention towards him, especially in regards to the attack being neither accidental, nor deliberate...but then again, he should have seen it coming, of all people Rey could have brought with him, he had chosen Him. "I...uh," his initial thought was to come up with some enthused explanation as to how his own path might have crossed that of the creature's, but that would only make things worse and perhaps ruin the fragile reputation he'd already built with the Fox... "I guess there's no point in hiding the truth anymore..." A smile of relief tweaked at the edge of his lips as he realised he'd been caught, then, breathing a sigh, Cyrus cast a glance between the three and ran a hand through his hair,

"Wait a minute..." Tala's eyes narrowed accusingly, "It was you?!" He had never considered the 'beast' that had attacked with such bloodlust to have originally been a man... "You almost had me believing I'd conjured it myself! I was even...!" Cyrus was lucky to have had the opportunity to step back as he'd have been in range for a good punch if he'd stayed where he was, but as the Tiger raised his hand, motioning for the male to hear him out, Tala reluctantly stifled a growl and remained seated,

"It was me..." he knew the youth was already agitated by the admission, yet Cyrus felt it only right to continue, "Like yourself...I had no control over what happened after it had taken over..." He knew it would be hard to explain, yet he could sympathise with the youth and even understood why he would be angry that the aggressor before him had questioned his victim's own sanity before revealing that he himself had been the culprit... "For years, I've lived with what I consider to be a curse," he started, "Every time the moon reaches her fullest, I feel it burning inside me, forcing me to seek out someplace where it cannot escape." Normally after recognising the signs, he would have gone to ground, or found somewhere uninhabited, somewhere he could spend the night comfortable in the know that he couldn't hurt anyone...but this time...there had been no warning and Cyrus had realised all to late that he'd made a grave mistake. "I'd spent the day walking and had come to rest in the heart of what appeared to be an uninhabited forest - nobody seemed to have set foot there except for the occasional hunter and so I decided to take the time to ease my aching limbs and rest..."

He could usually predict the change to the day, with his warning signs becoming increasingly familiar as the nights had progressed, but for some reason, his calculations this time had been slightly out and as he'd settled down for the night, Cyrus had felt the draw of the hunt... "I can't explain exactly how the change takes place, but as the moon reaches its zenith, I shift - not through my own choice - but rather through her willing..."

As he'd mentioned before, Cyrus hadn't expected anyone to have been wandering the forest at such an hour, so when the feral beast had taken over, it had immediately turned its attention towards the hunt... Deer were the usual game and once the monster inside had been sated, it would often take the time to bask in the glow of the moon, replenishing its strength for the coming dawn... It just so happened on that fateful night that he'd heard a voice, the beast had risen, pinpointing the sound of movement nearby which had led him to the boy and his dog...

"In the past, I've been able to find shelter in locked cellars or the deep forest, but that night I had been unprepared...The signs that warn me that the time is close were not as strong as usual and I only realised my mistake all too late..." he turned his gaze to Tala, "At no point had I actually wished to do you any harm, but as a fellow soul who has known what it feels like to lose control, I just hope you can forgive my actions - and know that I would have turned away if I had been able..."

Tala didn't know what to say, "Your loss of control and mine are very different." he growled, finally rising to his feet, "Had you caught me, I'd have most surely died."

"With whatever you unleashed, I'm certain I wouldn't have fared much better. Those damn things don't let go. I'm just lucky it chose to run out of range, else I might have fallen to your own damn curse!"

The pair stood in the centre of the room, with Cyrus scowling down at the youth, whilst Tala glared up into his eyes - it was at this point the Tiger noted the difference in Tala's eye colour and it threw him off slightly, Such strange eyes... his expression softened, but not enough to show he was going to admit they didn't share some faults, "Listen, I'm sorry for what happened, if you can't accept that it was an accident and you were in the wrong place at the wrong time, then there's little more I can say."

"...I'm not cursed." Tala finally broke away from the glaring contest, the thought that he was still considered a demon suddenly making him feel worse...

The_littlest_dragonfly

Marshmallow Pouf

Clothing: Cyrus, as seen but with Black Tank Top, Tala as seen - sleeveless shirt.
With: Reynard and Zael
Feeling: Both Tala and Cyrus are frustrated
OoC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:18 am
User Image
╔═══════════════════

‘Oh the tangled webs we weave’ Rey thought with a sigh and a shake of his head. He’d known that this little confrontation wouldn’t go smoothly but that didn’t mean that he hadn’t hoped it would. He could sense a fight coming on, and that wasn’t what any of them needed.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa.” Reynard said as he stepped forward, hands out, one toward each of them. “Now, I know that this is a sensitive subject for both of you and I know that you didn’t meet under the most ideal of circumstances, but I won’t have this become some verbal battle between you two.” He stated firmly, his brow furrowed and his ears down in agitation.

“Considering what I’ve heard from the both of you, I’ve concluded that you’re both at fault for what happened.” Before Cyrus, Tala or Tala’s roommate could fire back with an argumentative statement, he held up his hands again.

Looking to Tala, he frowned. “Tala, growing up around the forest yourself you know how dangerous they can be, especially when one is not familiar with them. To wander so far into the forest, alone, in unknown territory meant that you willingly placed yourself in danger. The fact that you should have known better tells me that you are either arrogant or forgetful, neither of which bodes well. You knew entering the forest alone, even with your shadow companions, was dangerous and you did it anyway.” He stated firmly, almost like a father chiding his son.

Reynard then turned to Cyrus. “But you, are as equally at fault, if not more so, Cyrus. Given that your beast form is semi-feral, and seizes control with the full moon, you should have been well aware of the coming change and the danger that came along with it. The moon does not have a different cycle in different parts of the world. There is no excuse for you losing track of the day. All you need to do is look up at the sky to gauge when the full moon will rise!” He stated even more firmly, this time as a Captain addressing his soldier. “However, you did go deep into the forest to get away from the civilians of the city and keep them out of harms way. I do not blame you for running into Tala in the woods - it seems that he was at the wrong place at the worst possible time.” He then looked from Cyrus to Tala with a sigh and a shake of his head.

“Considering that you weren’t hurt, Tala, I would thank my lucky stars. A feral tiger is nothing to scoff at. I suspect that on some level, Cyrus may have drawn the beast back and prevented it from hurting you.” He hoped this was the case, it meant that there was hope of taming Cyrus’s feral form. “Fate brought you two together for a reason, why is anyone’s guess - maybe as a way to force you both to learn some self-control and common sense. Placing his hands on his hips, he shook his head a bit. He knew he was making himself the bad guy in all of this, but he hardly cared. They needed to reconcile and understand one another, even if he had to pound it into their think skulls.

═══════════════════╝

Captain of the Eoana City Guard || Reynard Balgaire

Pixelaited_Flooftronic

Tala Maxwell

marshmellow pouf

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:17 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Tala would naturally take a step back as Reynard advanced, it was a subconscious reaction to avoid any chance of physical contact, yet as he moved, his eyes flicked towards Rey as the Fox seemed clearly intent on stopping a fight before it escalated into anything worse... The fact Cyrus had openly called the youth 'Cursed' had hurt - the amount of times Tala's chances at a positive connection with another had been ruined because of such a word... It didn't matter if at first the man had tried to apologise, he'd fallen into the same line as everyone else... Labeling him because Tala had caused more trouble by merely trying to keep his distance from others...

It was when the Guard Captain turned round and confirmed that although they were both at fault He was the one who should have known better - for not considering that just because he'd come to know his own forest back home, it didn't mean that this currently unknown territory was going to be anything like what he was used to, Tala narrowed his eyes like a child being scolded and turned his head away - still listening, but not liking what was heard.

Cyrus would watch as Rey reprimanded the youth for not considering the consequences of his actions, then dropped his own gaze when the lashing eventually turned towards him. The Fox was right, regardless of everything that had happened over the time that had passed since his exile, he should still have kept his eye on the main thorn in his hide... He opened his mouth to mention that he had tried to stay as far away from civilisation as he could...but at the same time, like it had been for Tala, the territory had been unknown and so he could have tried harder...

He wouldn't admit then and there that he was currently unable to control the beast, although he had tried many a time in the past and with his love Felicia by his side, it had sometimes been a whole lot easier, but now he was alone and exiled from those who had actually known how to help him, Cyrus knew he would have to negotiate some agreement with the Captain in order to protect the citizens whilst he tried to get a handle on his 'curse.'

"You're right in that aspect, Rey," Breaking his silence at a risk to his own well being, Cyrus cast a glance towards the youth, "He Was very lucky, but we all make mistakes - and I'm sure like you said, we were perhaps destined to meet...?" He watched as Tala tilted his head at his words, maybe wondering why his attacker had seemingly changed his tune... "I'll hope Tala will agree that maybe he was in the wrong, but I personally should have tried a lot harder...and perhaps owned up sooner."

Tala had remained silent, angry at being made to feel like the bad guy, yet knowing the man was right... He was in the wrong... Baba would most certainly have scolded him for being so careless...and if she was as knowledgeable as she had been previously with knowing what he'd been up to, the male was certain he was in for an angrily-worded letter from one of her Minions at some point in the not to distant future...

"What I guess I'm saying is that rather than continue to hide behind Captain Reynard, I want to personally offer my apology to you," he extended a hand towards Tala, unsure whether or not the youth would take it, "We met for a reason and perhaps with that in mind, I'd like to get to know you better?"

"I can't..." Tala looked down at the man's hand, knowing he wanted to shake. Truthfully, the youth didn't really want to forgive the one who had nearly slain him upon their first encounter, but at the same time, he knew there would be no leaving the room without coming to some agreement...

"Can you at least give me a chance?" Sensing the youth's reluctance, Cyrus softened his brow, "There's something else I need to show you but..."

"Not that." Tala shook his head, "Make a fist," This baffled the man, but he did as he was told, "Now flip it down, like this." he made a brief motion with his own hand, watching silently as the guard followed his orders.

A soft bump of the knuckles hadn't been what Cyrus had expected, but if that was Tala's way of acknowledging that he wanted to wipe the slate clean and start again, then so be it. He watched as the male discretely graced the back of his knuckles across the side of his trousers - as though dismissing the touch before returning to where he had originally sat on his bed...

The_littlest_dragonfly

Marshmallow Pouf

Clothing: Cyrus, as seen but with Black Tank Top, Tala as seen - sleeveless shirt.
Feeling:
OoC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:45 am
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
XOXOX
OXOXO
XOXOX

┏━━━━★☆♛❦☆★ ━━━━┓

Far be it from Zael to pass judgement on anyone. But as he listened to Tala and Cyrus he couldn't help but think about it for a minute... It was interesting. How one little event could snowball like this. He felt the captain was correct in his assumption that it was really just a horrible situation of the wrong place in the wrong time. But that he dealt with it now before it got to crazy. If this had carried on with both parties... Well. He had seen Cyrus try to shift the blame, and he had seen Tala's fear over what had happened. Such a situation could have easily caused some problems if both sides had just... Told people, different stories. Now at least there was some form of resolution. Something Zael observed was that he couldn't help bu feel the guard was perhaps the one more at fault in this. But that was his opinion, and he certainly wasn't going to voice it here. Particularly since, at the moment, everything seemed to be settling down and recovering well. He also didn't voice his concerns that this might happen again... He knew that was something the captain was considering, and Cyrus as well. He didn't need to say it. He nodded, content when Tala had bumped fists with Cyrus. A smile on his lips, glad that this particular resolution managed to find its way through the problems. He also didn't feel a need to say anything, particularly now. But since the resolution was solved... Sort of at least. He too recognized the wipe of knuckles on his trousers. He decided that now would be the time to just speak normally now.

"Well, gentlemen... This has been an... Enlightening, conversation."
He said with a wry smile. "I think the best thing that this day needs now, is to be left alone in peace..." He says as he goes and collects his plate of cookies before returning to the bed. He knew Ray meant well, if perhaps a bit forward in his approach... However, he had accomplished everything he could. Now, the best thing that they could both do is get some time away from each other. "If that's all, gentlemen." He says as he extends the tray to them. "Feel free to take one on your way out..." Zael said. A sort of passive dismissal. He didn't want to force anything from him, either, like making them leave. But he recognized Tala's body language. There was nothing else to gain here. If anything else were pressed, then all that would happen was it would be a one step forwards two steps back sort of situation. But hearing this, he realized he was quite lucky to have a Raiment that felt more.. Lazy, then one that actively fought him for control. It's true that he didn't really have adequate control of his Raiment either, but at least his couldn't do something like this. And it was solely a luck of the draw that this wasn't him in this situation. But he wasn't going to carry on a conversation here. No, he believed in what he said. It was time to depart from the two men. There was nothing else here.

Talking - #C6C95B / Thinking - #B04A50

┗━━━━★☆♛❦☆★━━━━┛

Where - ♫ . In his new room♫ Company - ♫ His new roommate and the guards ♫ Feels - ♫ Content, but also resolute. His interest sated..♫ Outfit: ♫ As seen, with a rather noble looking robe.♫ OoC: ♪ ♫ ♪ Sorry about that! But here I be~:3♫ ♩ ♬ ♭

Tala Maxwell

The_littlest_dragonfly

Marshmallow Pouf

Kawaii Streaker

8,275 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Comrades in Arms 150

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:28 am
User Image
╔═══════════════════

It seemed that making himself the ‘bad guy’ had paid off. While Tala was a bit upset about having to share some of the blame, it seemed the youth at least understood the reasoning, even if he didn’t agree with it. It wasn’t in Rey’s nature to ‘blame the victim’ in an attack, and he wasn’t, he was merely pointing out that had Tala made more responsible choices, he wouldn’t have found himself in the situation to begin with. The same was true for Cyrus.

In the end, Cyrus offered Tala an apology and a handshake, which the boy turned into some kind of fist tapping or bumping that left both shifters with quizzical looks. Ears turning this way and that for a moment, he shrugged. Arms crossed over his chest, he nodded slightly.

“Well done. It seems you two have come to an understanding, which is more than I could have hoped for.” He said with a small smirk as he looked between Cyrus and Tala. “I’ll consider this matter resolved. I’m sure Gannon, Lerato and Vivienne will be happy to hear that all is well and the ‘beast in the forest’ has been found and dealt with.” Reynard said as he gave Cyrus a pointed glance. He wasn’t about to punish the man, but they would need to figure out a solution for his feral beast if he was going to become a part of the City Guard.

While he could tell that Tala was a bit uncomfortable, in general, Tala’s roommate felt the need to dismiss them, although it wasn’t necessary. Arching a brow at the boy as he offered them cookies as a parting gift, he smirked.

“You’re a brave one, dismissing the Captain of the City Guard. I respect that, but it’s unnecessary.” In all actuality the had Gannon’s full permission to be on the Academy grounds and to do what he felt was needed to deal with the attack. If he wanted, he could camp out in Tala’s room for the rest of the day, or longer, not that he would. But he was glad to know that Tala had someone looking out for him.

“In any case, I have a date with a lovely lady and I believe I have kept her waiting long enough.” He said with a happy grin. “That being said, thank you for your cooperation Tala, for recanting your story and for not judging Cyrus too harshly. Cyrus, consider this a day off. We’ll begin your training tomorrow.” Reynard suspected that the shifter would be surprised by his words, but he’d passed Reynard’s tests. Besides, he’d rather keep Cyrus close, so he could keep an eye on his beast and help him tame it than let him deal with it on his own.

“We’ll be off then. Good day, boys.” Nodding his head, he smiled and turned for the door. In short order, he was out in the hallway, ready to find his lovely lady and spend the remainder of the day with her.

-Exit Reynard from Tala and Zael’s Dorm Room to the Courtyard-

═══════════════════╝

Captain of the Eoana City Guard || Reynard Balgaire

Pixelaited_Flooftronic

Tala Maxwell

marshmellow pouf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:59 pm

Cyrus was pleased to hear that Rey considered the matter resolved, especially when he mentioned that he was certain others would be reassured to hear that the 'beast' had been found and dealt with - well, at least until the next full moon... The Tiger was certain that Captain Reynard had plans to come up with some form of means in regards to dealing with his 'issue,' but for the time being, he would relax in the know that things had been seemingly resolved.

"Guess I had better take my leave as well then," Cyrus nodded, noting that once again, the youth's roommate had approached with the offer of cookies, "Alright, you've bent my arm..." he would nod to the male and slide a cookie off the plate before turning to the door, "If I might be so bold, I'd like to request we meet up again," he looked back at Tala, "Besides, I believe I found something of yours following the...incident,"

Tala tilted his head curiously, then the thought dawned on him and his eyes suddenly widened, "You have my book?!" he snapped to his feet, a rush of excitement and hope he'd be able to return the book and hopefully put the entire experience behind him... Okay, it wasn't exactly his book, but it had been trusted to him by the librarian and he was certain he'd be in more trouble if he didn't return it. "Where is it? I really need it back as soon as possible...!"

"It's back at the barracks..." Cyrus felt a little guilty about not bringing it with him, but if it gave him an excuse to see the youth again, then it would be an opportunity he didn't want to miss... "If you're free tomorrow, how about we meet up someplace and I can return it to you?" Clearly the man wasn't aware of the student schedules, otherwise he'd know Tala had other obligations...

"Erm..." Glancing down to his left, Tala had been hoping the guy would just drop it off outside his door or something - it was bad enough he had to 'make up' with the man, he didn't exactly want to become any more friendlier - especially as he'd really only accepted the 'apology' to get the pair to leave him alone...

"Maybe you can pay me a visit at the barracks tomorrow?" there would be no point making the return journey that evening, so it would make sense for the male to drop by and pick up the book himself.. Besides, if Rey planned to start his training in the morning, it might pay for the youth to see how 'in control' he really was... The Younglings back in his hometown had always loved seeing the Tiger perform feats of physical activity and so Cyrus felt that perhaps he could entice the male into a little training session, maybe build on their less than stable relationship...

"I have Elementor Class tomorrow..." He hoped the man would see it as more important and perhaps leave it at that, but as Cyrus turned back, this was clearly not the case,

"It won't take long, I promise" The Tiger shot him a smile, "Anyway, I'm sure getting up an extra hour or so early isn't going to kill you... I might even be able to show you a few moves in the arena," he winked, taking a bite of the cookie before turning back to the door to let himself out, "If you're that worried, maybe I could pull some strings and get you a few hours off or something...We'll see what happens," With that, he would close the door behind him, leaving Tala standing at the foot of his bed in a mixture of disappointment and anxiety...

~ Exit Cyrus towards Barracks ~

Letting out an exasperated sigh, Tala flopped backwards onto his bed, he couldn't believe the audacity of the man, just assuming that as they'd 'made up' he would happily get up stupidly early and go watch him train... The fact that Cyrus had the book made it feel more like the guy was holding the youth to ransom, forcing him to bend at the knee to his will... "Aarrgh! Why can't Anything Ever go right for me?!" he groaned, bringing his arms up so they folded across his face, blocking almost everything from view...

The_littlest_dragonfly

Marshmallow Pouf

Feeling: Cyrus: Accomplished, Tala: Frustrated
OoC

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100

Marshmallow Pouf

Kawaii Streaker

8,275 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Comrades in Arms 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:08 pm
User Image
XOXOX
OXOXO
XOXOX

┏━━━━★☆♛❦☆★ ━━━━┓

Ah... That's right. Zael wasn't at home anymore. That would take a bit to get used to. He had briefly forgotten, that his sway held no inflence here. At least not with the same authority. But either way. He knew that he was correct. The conversation was finished here... Anything more would just be spiteful. However, he did respond appropriately "My apologies. But it is good to know that you accomplished what you came for... Ah yes, it'd be a shame to keep a lady waiting" He said with a laugh in his voice. He was all to familiar with what it meant to be late to a date. Not that Ray was late, but any man who was concerned for such a thing was doing something right. He could respect that. Though it was a bit of a shame that Ray had found his way off the chopping block that was his interest list. Ah well. Zael tucked in the information away, perhaps later then. "Have a good time" Zael said after Ray, waving with his free hand. He liked watching him go almost as much as he liked watching him come, but he kept that thought to himself as he looked to the other guard, taking a cookie off the plate and taking small bites of it as he listened to this next conversation.

But first... He nodded as Cyrus took the cookies, giving him a smile "Welcome to the club. I felt bad for you being the odd man out". Zael said to the man with a wink of his golden eyes. And on that note, he gave his full attention to this conversation. Zael noticed the dramatic difference in their body language as they spoke... Zael couldn't help but wonder if this book was one that was dropped during the attack. Even though it was clear Tala was worried about it, he seemed anything if enthusiastic about retrieving it... Zael could have said something to try to convince the guard to deliver it to the dorm tonight or tomorrow... But at this point that wasn't exactly fair either. In fact, he had already treaded caution in his decision earlier. He thought that perhaps it was best to let this conversation go where he wanted... Until he realized that Cyrus, perhaps in an attempt to overcompensate for what had happened... Or maybe he was just riding on the high that he felt like he was entirely forgiven. Zael knew that wasn't the case. It was clear as day for him. That was a dangerous high that Cyrus was riding... And, it rather turned him off that Cyrus seemed entirely deaf to social ques. He had seen this too, in an effort to be polite or overcompensating, they accomplish precisely the opposite. Such a shame... He waited until Cyrus had left before he spoke. Laughing a bit at Taels obvious frustration. A soft, low chuckle, as he extended the plate to Tala. "Well... You win some, you lose some... At least you know where your book is, that's a step ahead of where you were fifteen minutes ago" He said as he shrugged a bit. A wry smile on his lips. "Granted. You've got a couple new problems now." He added. Shaking the plate a bit so that Tala could hear the cookies moving against the plate since he couldn't see it. Letting the smell waft over him.

Zael had a couple ideas.... A part of him just wanted to encourage Tala to go. But at the same time he felt like Tala had been through quite enough... And it did seem like Tala had acted only in self defense recently. Granted, perhaps even if he was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Zael had long since learned that was a poor excuse... He couldn't help but feel sympathy towards his roommate, and he decided to offer a bit more hospitality to the young man. He didn't know if Tala would accept, but he decided to offer. "I can go pick up the book for you if you'd like... I don't mind playing a little hooky. Besides that, did you know that my professor decided to greet me by throwing a sword at me that was at least as big as I was?" He said to Tala, shaking his head in disbelief "If I didn't dodge it I would've been one delicious shishkabob" He said as he finished his cookie with another bite. "Really, you might be saving my life, by letting me go" He said with a wink. Only playful amusement in his eyes. He held no grudge against his professor, and truthfully didn't mind returning to class at all. But he at least thought he could offer this.

┗━━━━★☆♛❦☆★━━━━┛

Where - ♫ . In his new room♫ Company - ♫ Now once again just Tala ♫ Feels - ♫ Content, his interest sated. Amused and happy. ♫ Outfit: ♫ As seen, with a rather noble looking robe.♫ OoC: ♪ ♫ ♪Gonna edit it soon c: ♫ ♩ ♬ ♭

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:05 pm
Tala Maxwell
~ Academy Corridor > Zael and Tala's Room ~

Tala exhaled a sigh, Zael was right in the fact that he at least knew where it was, but obtaining the tome would mean skipping class - even if there was a chance that he would be excused - and there was also the threat of having to sit through something he would either find totally boring, or have to get physically involved with - and neither seemed the kind of thing he wanted to experience so early in the morning...especially after a day like this one had been!

He seemed not to react to the sound of shuffling cookies on the plate, but Tala's nose would twitch as the smell wafted across his senses and he drew an arm back to look before sitting up as Zael allowed the plate to remain within reach. "Yeah..." he would agree at the comment regarding one problem being solved before several more literally lined up to take its place... Leaving his left hand in his lap, Tala took a cookie, breathing deep the aroma before taking a bite and allowing the soft crumb to melt on his tongue.

He would tilt his head at Zael's offer of taking his place and picking up the book from Cyrus, in fact, the look on Tala's face would be one of sheer disbelief, then perhaps a little suspicion before a glance at Zael's expression told him he was actually serious, "You'd really do that for me?" As far as he could remember, nobody had ever actually wanted to do something for him - at least, not without a price. So when the male answered with a nod, Tala would feel a sensation he'd not felt in a long time - if ever and that was a mixture of excitement, and relief. "But you could get in real trouble..." the feeling quickly faded as he thought of the male being reprimanded for skiving off a lesson and then the repercussions of the tutor finding out he'd done it for him, but then Tala fell silent, listening as Zael mentioned about his tutor who had appeared more than a little unwelcoming by throwing a huge sword at his student...

"The tutors do seem a little...eccentric in this place," he laughed weakly, then nodded, "But I'd really appreciate it, if you didn't mind, heck, I might even be doing you a favour by agreeing to let you go in my place," Tala couldn't think how he'd react if someone launched a sword at him, but then again, with the thoughts of the combat lesson still a little fuzzy in his mind, he wasn't going to dwell on it,

Tala knew he couldn't escape his problems forever, but if Zael was willing to step in for him - just this once - then he would trust the male's word and let him.

Marshmallow Pouf

Clothing: Like Image
With: Zael
Feeling: more than a mixture of feelings,
OoC Ah, peace and quiet of a 2 student dorm room...heh

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100

Marshmallow Pouf

Kawaii Streaker

8,275 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Comrades in Arms 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:01 pm
User Image
XOXOX
OXOXO
XOXOX

┏━━━━★☆♛❦☆★ ━━━━┓

As Tala took a cookie Zael felt amused, and he set the plate with the last cookie down on the table beside Tala's bed. He could have it, too, when he felt like having it. However, it was the look of disbelief on Tala's face when Zael offered to take his place that made him laugh. His rich voice sounding lightly in the room. That wasn't what he had expected at all. "Of course I'd do it for you... We're roommates now, aren't we? Consider this some hospitality" He said simply, shrugging a little bit. Honestly, as long as Tala didn't take advantage of it, Zael was more than fine helping him out. Zael got to skip class as his reward. And it seemed like Tala could quite honestly use a break. If Zael could at least take a couple of his problems away, then that would be that much better. Zael shrugged a bit "I'll get in less trouble than you probably. At least if the guard pulls me in to train my raiment works for it. It'll be like I went to class anyways" he says with a dismissive wave of his hand.

At Tala's comments about the professors being eccentric, he smiled a bit. "Really. Yours too, huh? At least I'm not alone then" Although it was a bit troubling that his too might be like that. At least he hoped that there was no swords involved in Tala's class. But he was amused at the concept of this being a favor in his survival. Tala was right, of course, but he felt like teasing about it a little. "We'll see about that. I don't really like the idea of being eaten either" He joked with an amused look in his eyes. If Zael ever had a problem, he just... Dealt with it. Either ignoring it, or fixing it if it couldn't be ignored. Sometimes, that wasn't the case. But he was new here. He hoped to avoid problems before they became problems... This one wasn't terrible. "Really, though. I'd prefer that to having swords thrown at me. At least that way, someone's happy. It would certainly be a good story" He says with a chuckle. "I'll take care of it though... You've got enough on your plate. Though for what it's worth, I've found If you have someone help you with your problems, then before you know it, it becomes simple to deal with what's left" He says with a smile on his lips as he points to the cookie plate that has only one cookie left. A convenient metaphor. "Although problems are not often as delicious as cookies..." He muses as he heads back to the chair. Not wanting to stand over Tala's bed and letting him rest if he so wished it. Besides, his chair wasn't far away at all. It was within easy speaking distance if Tala still wanted to talk. But if he wanted to rest, then that was an option too.

┗━━━━★☆♛❦☆★━━━━┛

Where - ♫ . In his new room♫ Company - ♫ Now once again just Tala ♫ Feels - ♫ Content, his interest sated. Amused and happy. ♫ Outfit: ♫ As seen, with a rather noble looking robe.♫ OoC: ♪ ♫ ♪Amen to that! Some good ol' roomie time c: ♫ ♩ ♬ ♭

Tala Maxwell

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:01 pm
Tala Maxwell

Tala watched as Zael set the plate down on the table then dropped his gaze in thought, the guy had done so much in so little time and he was starting to feel more than a little spoiled. Although he'd suffered more than a few difficulties in his first few days at the academy, to look on the bright side would reveal how far he'd come already... He had been assigned a nice room, had a huge bed which felt fit for a Prince if not higher, he'd found someone who was willing to share something they'd bought for themselves and then offer supportive backup when the need arose - He was even starting to consider they might just become good friends! It was a very strange feeling indeed, but through experience alone, Tala had learnt that although it felt good to have someone there, he couldn't allow himself to get too used to it - just incase it was taken away.

At least for the time being, he would take the opportunity to enjoy the comfort of what he had in that moment, it was nice to have someone who wasn't afraid of him for one, it was also a welcome break from the hardships he'd come to know in his life before the Academy. Breathing a sigh, Tala finished his cookie, then folded his arms behind his head and leant back on the fur throw which spread nicely across his bed.

It seemed neither were to know that they'd both shared their rather interesting experiences through interactions with the same tutor. For Zael to have had a sword launched at him by the same man who had deemed Tala's one on one battle with Willow to have been a little too much for a simple combat lesson and rendered him unconscious to bring it all to a close... "I would never have imagined that Guy turning into whatever that beast was." he would look up at the ceiling, wondering if he could perhaps hang something or even paint a vista reminding him of the stars he used to sleep beneath sometimes... "Trust me, he seems nice enough...well, when he's not pushing you to do something that is...but if you'd been there, with those sharp, white teeth just inches from your face...heh..."

He listened as Zael mentioned that having someone to rely on certainly helped lessen the load to bear, "Cookies are definitely better," he nodded, having turned his head to see as the male had pointed - Tala would make a note to perhaps split that last one in two if the option arose, but for now, rest was definitely on the cards.

He would lie there, listening as Zael moved back across the room towards the chairs beside the window, offering the occasional answer if asked any questions before ultimately closing his eyes and drifting off - it would seem that with everything that had happened, the male was just completely exhausted and sleep came more easily than normal.

Marshmallow Pouf

Feeling: more than a mixture of feelings,
OoC Ah, peace and quiet of a 2 student dorm room...heh

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100

MashaRum

Newbie Bunny

850 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:41 pm
User Image

--------------------------------------------------------------?????
              ------▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Although her first stop had not gone as well as she hoped for figuring out this strange new world she had found herself a part of, the fairy would venture forth in hopes of finding answer, no matter what their size might be. Her wings beating as fast as they could, her tiny shape soared through the halls until finally coming across another open window a few rooms down from the library. Seeing as how people were still present in the halls, there could be even more dangerous folk lurking around any corner of the halls here. "I better be careful." The female spoke to herself, flying out of the window and searching for another place that might have held any clues as to where she could go from here. This fortress of sorts did hold quite the collection of books, although from her perspective, there seemed to be little use in trying to search around millions just for one about herself. That could takes years to try and find it blindly. It would probably be much more beneficial to find somebody else who knew more about things here. Where she would find a person would remain a mystery, though it wasn't like she had anything else to do at the moment.

While she hovered in front of the academy, a sudden gust of wind would blow her off course. Struggling to regain control of herself due to her inexperience in flying, she was a prisoner to wherever the winds decided to take her. She rose in height and sped along the gusts faster and faster. Tumbling along proved to be the only way forward as her vision became blurred and jumbled. A large shape would draw near as she braced for impact. After hard impact on a solid surface and a loud BANG, the fae found herself having hit the window to someone’s room window. It would have sound as if a large bird had flew into it, though only the small lavender woman would managed to peel herself off of the window and look into it curiously. There seemed to be a few books there, so it was definitely worth trying to sneak in. But how she would do it was the better question. It certainly wasn’t like she had made a loud noise to alarm whoever was inside, right?

Tala Maxwell

Marshmallow Pouf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:59 am
Tala Maxwell
It hadn't felt like he'd been asleep long, but the images flooding his mind had been a mixture of pleasant realisations, which were then somewhat overcome by his anxieties and the incidences that had occurred most recently, initially he was back in the forest he had grown up in, weaving through the trees with the hounds that seemed to enjoy the run - he had some destination in his mind and as Baba's cottage sped into view he cast a glance over his shoulder before reaching out for the handle - and missed, Promptly slamming the door open - much to the shock of the cat which had arched its back with a screech and sped from the room, cursing him in some unknown language... damn shifter...

He would get to his feet, having half expected the hounds to smother him, but only to find they seemed to hesitate outside the doorway before skittering away as a shadow loomed into view...

"...Anyone home?" Tala's eyes would narrow at the voice which now became all to familiar as Cyrus's vision appeared, "Ah, you're here, wanna come grab that book?"

"You know I need it back." Tala gave a growl, it was never long before Baba made her appearance, but this time she didn't... Instead, the Guard would step in through the doorway,

"Thought you could use some training," the man seemed to smile, but there was a hint of something else in that grin and Tala instantly felt uncomfortable, "I'll go easy on ya, I promise..." the grin became one full of sharp, white teeth as Cyrus's eyes took on a reddish glow and he leant forward, letting out a groan which quickly turned into a roar as he took on the form of the monstrosity only his nightmares would remember in greater detail... "C'mere!"

Instantly recoiling, Tala ran through the kitchen to where Baba would hold her consultations, his eyes catching a glare from the old crone who at this moment was sat on the back of the couch like a vulture staring down a fresh kill...

Behind him he heard the sound of claws scraping across the stone floor, then the looming vision he'd seen only nights before leapt into view, ignoring Baba who seemed just a background element as the beast lunged for him, massive claws wide and ready to beat him down...

Forcing his way through another door, Tala moved back into the storage closet where the old Witch kept some of her samples, there was little he could do but pull the door closed behind him, blocking it and retreating as far back as he could... There was a moment of silence, then suddenly the door buckled inwards with a slam and Tala gave a yelp as the vision that was both beast and man reached in for the kill...

"NOOOO!!" With a cry of sheer desperation, Tala had tried to evade the beast in his dream, so when the Fae had come to impact with the window, he had made an attempt to defend himself, twisting to avoid the claws and promptly rolling from the bed and hitting the floor with a bump...

With a groan, he would roll over onto his back, lifting a hand to his head before looking up at the strange ceiling... "Oh...!" Suddenly remembering where he was, he sat up, looking across the room to where Zael seemed to have reacted to something hitting the window, rising to his feet as though to look for whatever might have made the sound?

"You alright?" Getting to his feet, Tala dusted himself off and made his way over to the window, hoping the male hadn't heard him cry out, but suspected that he, and half the nearby dorm rooms must have heard something... "What the heck was that?" he would push open the window, leaning out to investigate, but seeing nothing out of the ordinary...

Marshmallow Pouf

Neryem

Feeling: Recovering from a nightmare, so anxious, yet curious
OoC Aaaannnd...the peace is broken XD

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100

MashaRum

Newbie Bunny

850 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:09 am
User Image

--------------------------------------------------------------?????
              ------▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Watching a figure come to the window, the fairy quickly dove to the side to avoid from being spotted. Pressing herself against the wall, she heard the window open while he looked out of it to discover what that noise was. Thankfully this created an opening that could lead her towards another discovery. Carefully moving towards the window, she flew underneath the blonde haired boy and into the room he was in. From the looks of it, it appeared to be some type of bedroom. Focusing on the books she had spotted, it seemed like a good place as any to start. Reading from the titles in a hurry proved for naught. They didn’t seem to have anything to do with her quest. A brief pout of frustration before she turned behind her and rose to the ceiling, just in case either of the two beings in here had seen her. Moving to the door, she slipped into the crack between rooms and made her way back into the hallsways, trying her luck in another place.

Tala Maxwell

Marshmallow Pouf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:44 am
Tala Maxwell

The fact that Tala opened the door to a well-made bed and a missing dorm-mate left the male feeling hopeful that Zael had indeed gone to collect the book - it wasn't that he was mistrustful, but he'd learnt that he could never really rely on anyone...which was a shame, but at the same time, it left him independent... He still had hopes for the male though - give everyone a chance to prove you wrong... He couldn't remember who had given him that advice, but it was a rule he'd always followed.

Splitting the cookies evenly between them and then setting Zael's piece of Sweet Cheese Tart on the table beside his bed, Tala crossed to his own 'fairly unkempt' bed, spreading the covers out a little before sitting down.

Taking a moment to enjoy some of the cookies, Tala would set some aside for later before taking even more time enjoying the tart. It was a nice treat, but he knew he had to limit the 'sweets' or risk putting on weight that his skinny frame wouldn't appreciate. Stretching now, he slid off his boots and lay back, looking up at the ceiling, remembering that he had wanted to decorate it before pushing the thought to the back of his mind and perhaps making it a task for him on his next free day.

Quote:

Quote:

With:
Feeling: Content
OoC Imma just lie here a little bit and sleep off the sugar...haha

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:51 pm
Tala Maxwell
~ Zael and Tala's Room ~

Absolutely nothing beat having the opportunity to take a well deserved lie in on a free day. Tala had returned to his dorm room following the incident in Botany Class and after cleaning and binding the scratches on his hand, then getting himself something to snack on, he'd crashed out on his bed to rest.

With the weather still rather wet and gloomy and having torn his jacket in order to bind Tay's wound the other day, Tala had decided it was best to put on something different - something perhaps a little warmer. So now, after changing for bed the night before, he lay on his mattress, a blanket draped loosely across his chest with his arms folded behind his head as he looked up at his barren ceiling... That was what he could do - With a free day and nothing in the way of homework to get on with, Tala would exhale a contented sigh before wondering exactly what he planned to do with the space above his bed.

Baba had arranged some funding to be sent to him regularly so he could survive. Tala had no idea exactly how she was providing it - especially as she was apparently incarcerated in the village jail back home - but he didn't question the donation as long as it kept him going... Occasionally a strange, black bird would drop a pouch of coins on the windowsill outside, other times, he would receive letters with directions to locations where supplies had been stashed for him to find - all he had to do was keep up with his studies and occasionally perform a few menial tasks for her and she promised they would keep coming.

Today, there was no message, no anomaly waiting for him outside the window - he had of course checked when making his way to and from the bathroom earlier that morning - So, taking it as a true day of rest, he rolled onto his side, drawing the covers around the back if his neck as he closed his eyes and allowed himself to drift off once again.

Quote:

Quote:

Clothing: Wearing This
With: Possibly with Zael?
Feeling: Relaxed
OoC

Grand Academy of Eoana ➣Male Dormitories

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers