Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands
[ORP - Firekin] The Desert Comes to Visit Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:56 am
Ctrl F Greenie
yes pls!

Kiahi'kripi heard the gasp to her left before she saw the lioness. The gray female was hardly small but compared to a lady of the firekin, she was small. The red female let a grin split her maw, her dazzling blue eyes rested on the lioness and without a moments hesitation the young female spoke from her heart without a worry in the world.

“I am! A lot of us are though.” She laughed a pleased excited laugh, she was really so happy that someone wanted to talk to her. “Kiahi’kripi.” She bowed her head gently to the gray femme.

“You’re small.” The massive lioness sat slowly, she felt maybe she would be less intimidating if she sat but she still had to look down at the lioness. “Your home is very nice, we’ve been all over the place since coming on this exhibition though.” She paused for a moment a thoughtful look in her eyes.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:03 am
Her heart was beating in her throat as she waited for a response. Though it had been in seconds she felt as though she were waiting hours in her anxious state. "Yes!" She declared excitedly at the notion that most of them were the brilliant crimson of her newest friend. "It's a pleasure to meet you Kiahi`kripi." The bow had been an unexpected delight and Ukulwa followed suit with a grin.

"In comparison to yourselves.. most of us probably will be." The silver hued lioness gave a great laugh as the lioness chose to seat herself and even then was hovering well above the petite female. "Are all of you so large? Or do some of you come in a normal package?" Not that size mattered.. she was simply curious.

"I'm humbled by your saying so then." Ukulwa was just about to break out a million questions about where the lioness had been, but decided to inhale slowly first and then choose one out of her million. "Where have you been, will you tell me about it?" She wondered if it would be rude to offer information about their own pride in exchange for information about the outside world.

SyriusLionwing

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:32 am
Ctrl F Greenie

The large lioness chuckled quietly. She was glad she had found someone chatty to speak to. The silver lioness seemed so excited. Her words made her grin. “We occasionally have a normal sized lion born, but mostly we are on the large side, it is a part of who we are. I suppose we are known for it really.” She red lioness paused for a moment and looked deeply thoughtful, where had they been? A lot of places, every where, here and there.

“We spent a lot of time at the Bahari’mtoto mainly but we travelled through a lot of rogue lands and past many prides. The bahari, its an amazing place, its on the sea with sand, it feels a little like home, but not really.” She smiled, the places they had seen were all different from one another, no two lands were the same that was for sure.

“Have you lived here all of your life?” She tilted her head in question, the Mwezi didn’t seem to have any defining trait, so she had no way of knowing if a lion was born here or not.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:25 am
The news was very curious. Firekin coming to the Mwezi. Faruk had to peek in on it himself, doubt etched in his mind. He wasn’t curious about who the firekin were. More like, he wanted clarification. To see their intent.

He had a responsibility to his family, to protect them. And he certainly needed to know what he was protecting them from.

He didn’t know why he dragged Zlatan along. He should have come alone. This could be dangerous. But… he had a particular attachment to his brother that he couldn’t help but tell Zlatan to come along. He didn’t inquire nor did he give his skittish brother a chance to protest. ”Don’t wander off,” he told his brother under his breath, watching the giants from the outskirts.

Syrius Lionwing

- Mynsed -

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:07 pm
Ctrl F Greenie

Tawi's eyes widened slightly at the greeting"Hey Astrea." Wait. Was that...?

Astrea's ears flickered as she heard her name. She smiled instantly. "Raiatea!" she sounded, confirming Tawi's suspicious with only one word.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw her brother shift to move. Subtly, she placed a paw near his tail, warning him with the slightest pressure that he would not be leaving.

"I think it's some uncanny timing. Queen Kimondo leaves and these guys show up?" she turned to look at some of the firekin. She shrugged a bit. "As long as they don't cause us trouble then I think everything should be okay. I was thinking of going to introduce myself to some, though this one," she put emphasis on this, her eyes pointing towards Tawi, "did not want to."

Tawi cringed at the pressure on his tail. It did not hurt, but he knew it would if he were to move. So he sat, slightly hunched in a moping position, ignoring the adolescent female nearby. It had been awhile since he had last seen her, after all, their last interaction...had not ended that well.

Taking a moment, Tawi straightened, chancing a glance at Raiatea. Huh, interesting. When did she get taller? His eyes watched her, similarly as they had done their first meeting, before turning away. He would not let Raia ruin this. He would...Wait...Why was he staring at her again?

His thoughts were interrupted as he caught ear of the last words Astrea said.
Right. He did not want to meet strangers.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:44 pm
Mircea kept his head down as he walked behind the rest of the group. So far as a guard he hadn't really been on duty, or at least he hadn't done it that well. He felt like he had practically missed most of the lands they had been through, something had kept making him fall asleep, and he hadn't been sure what it was. Either way, it was no excuse. He would have to make sure he was on point from now on. After all, it seemed that the pride was getting much-needed information and he had to make sure that they were all okay.

Shula grunted as they had yet more one land to go to. As much as she had enjoyed the others, with Anga making occasional commentary about how hungry she was and what kinds of food tasted the best, and complaints about how they weren't home already. Honestly, Shula wondered why the vulture had even come along. Didn't staring at sand get boring after a while? She felt like her eyes needed some rest, and the travels had been good for that. Only she had missed a lot of it, or a lot of the socializing. Instead she had been taking in the scenery and enjoying things like the waves from the ocean. She would miss that at least.

Soon though she found herself next to a black guard who she had seen sleeping quite a bit and smiled at him. "Going to stay awake this time?"

Mircea hadn't noticed the lioness with the vulture on his back sidling up to him, so he was surprised when she spoke to him suddenly. He tried to hide it though, but he couldn't help but give an embarrassed smile. "Hoping to do my job correctly this time at least."

((They're open for interaction!))  

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:26 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mulika laid back, her posture perfectly relaxed, while her dark eyes watched the ongoing proceedings with curiosity. Life had thrown enough wrenches her way that she was fairly capable of handling anything thrown at her. Their Queen was gone, and at such an inopportune time the Firekin had arrived seeking what she hoped was an alliance. But they were such foreign creatures, with bold red coats and fierce eyes. An entirely different breed.

If they were planning anything untoward, however, they would have done so by now. So instead she would put some faith in these strangers. Her friend, on the other hand... "Quiyue. They aren't going to eat you," she chastised the younger lion with a hint of a smile upon her face.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"You," and Quiyue gave her a sidelong stare, "don't know that." The darker lion curled up beside his friend, perhaps mimicking her posture to try and prove that he wasn't uneasy with the arrival of the Firekin. The pair complimented one another, both quiet and subdued. But they were only friends, and Quiyue didn't have many of them so he quite obviously clung to Mulika. By far, the lioness possessed more fortitude.

Quiyue was almost as slender as her, and it was hard to distinguish which was the more elegant of the friends. "Their timing is terrible with Kimondo gone. They should just come back another time."

Mulika chuckled, "Then you go ahead and tell them that."

"Uhh... I'll go ahead and pass."

(( these two nerds are just chillin' for now. :0 feel free to interact with them though! ))

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:16 pm
"Really?" The lioness was wary of the answer, but saw no reason for the lioness to lie about such details - what could be gained by it? "Every heritage has its thing. You guys just come across as monsters. I don't imagine I'd stop for a chat on the side of a beaten path." Her brows were raised, but she laughed. "Of course I'm a timid lioness, but perhaps one of our guards would be more brave." A shrug of her shoulders brought the thought to a close.

"Oh, a pride by the sea!" Olive eyes opened wide once again, but this time in awe. "What was it like? Salty? Was the ocean vast?" Her lips moved a mile a minute as she burst out a number of questions. "Oh I could just imagine how toasty the sands must be there." Not that she knew much about sands. Even in her days as a rogue she hadn't done much travelling and what travelling she had done was long since lost to memory. Not since new memories of this home had taken over.

"Not all my life, but I'd consider it the most memorable time of my life." She admitted. Honesty was always her best policy and perhaps her worst enemies at times. Ukulwa was an open book in most cases, which left her vulnerable. It's where her mate would often step in and carry her off. Or in safer situations roll his eyes. A small smile appeared on her lips as she thought of him. "I was born in the roguelands and travelled here. At that time we had a much different ruler." She inhaled deeply and exhaled as though thinking about it caused some invisible stress.

SyriusLionwing

Had he noticed her yet? Yes. Was the response she allowed herself in her thoughts, but her outward appearance remained excited alongside Astrea. The much happier lioness as far more interesting, but her mind kept drifting to whether or not Tawi was looking. Just in case she puffed up her chest and stood to stretch a little. There were very little in the way of rippling muscles, but she still had to flaunt a little.

"I'm inclined to agree." A statement she had heard one of the adults say in response to something like this. "They seemed to come out of no where almost?" She grew hushed slightly and leaned in to Astrea. "Do you think Hodari was wise to invite them?" Her eyes flew from Astrea to those around them and back. This was one question that likely shouldn't have been raised - questioning the Regent? She may as well have questioned the Queen herself. The decision had been made.

"What a stick in the mud!" She proclaimed. "Oh wait.. I mean Branch - I don't want to get it wrong..." Her eyes narrowed and she checked her peripheral view for the reaction she might get from him.

KasaiLoki

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:36 pm
User ImageUser Image

"Helios, that's my sister Raiatea. Perhaps she'll say hi." He watched as she completely didn't see him or the cub he had with him and just went over towards Astrea and Tawi. "Or maybe she won't......."

Helios looked up at Akela and over towards the males sister. "Well, wasn't that just rude of her." Helios said marching over towards the dark female, peering at her curiously. "It's rude to ignore your family members when they're right there." He said pointing at Akela who had a look on his face like, 'I DID NOT tell him to say that."

Akela padded over, with a grin. "Helios is right." He gave her one of those how you gonna dis family, kinda looks. "Helios, Raia, Raia, Helios. His parents are Lady Kahini and Lord Porphyrios over there." He said pointing to the pair not too far away.

"So, WHO is so interesting that you didn't even see me over there." He said looking at Tawi with a wink.

OH, you gotta love brothers.

Helios had no idea what was going on so he looked at Astrea curiouly. "You have pretty sparkles."

KasaiLoki

Ctrl F Greenie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:38 pm
Mmeremeto was exactly where he needed to be to appear approachable... and yet nobody approached. He was in the perfect spot to see Buyisiwe attempt to take the lead in welcoming their guests, though, and he didn't even try to hide it as he rolled his eyes. So he decided to wander farther away from the side where more Mwezi were concentrated and find himself a random Firekin to talk to.

That random Firekin happened to be Ud.

"You," he said, staring for a second before continuing, "What's your name?"

He really was lacking in social skills.

SilverLutz

Moyo spotted Kiahi’kripi and Ukulwa chatting nicely with one another and edged her way toward them, though she was especially curious as more and more youngsters showed up. They wouldn't have the same wariness as their elders, perhaps that would make all the difference.. but they also seemed to be exercising reasonable caution. Most of the lions here were smaller than the Firekin, the adolescents and cubs even more so.

She smiled to herself, and moved to find a good place to watch from only to find herself stumbling directly into Mircea and Shula. Immediately, she stared at them with wide, curious eyes-- and her gaze lingered on Mircea and his simply fascinating eyes.

"Wow!"

SSBrosB

Titaia had failed to properly socialize in the Bahari'mtoto, though she had seen and learned a lot.. perhaps she had to treat it as a warm-up and now she would see if she could manage to hold a decent conversation with anybody. Instead of worrying about any of the grown up lions eyeing them all suspiciously, she decided she was far more interested in seeing what the youth of the pride was like. You could tell a lot from a pride's trainees, even if they wouldn't all be soldiers here..

So she walked over to where Raiatea, Astrea and Tawi were talking. They were an interesting, busy bunch who looked more concerned with themselves than their visitors. The two blue ones didn't look like they'd pass even as decent Huria, they were so long and lean.. but the black lady, she at least had coloration on her side. Pink, not red.. but perhaps not an unacceptable amount. If one was inclined to trust the more modest rules regarding coloration, anyway.

She almost felt old walking up to the group of adolescents, but she followed through.

"Hello," she said, "My name is Titaia. What are your names?"

Ctrl F Greenie

KasaiLoki

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:39 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Jitu had been scared when he'd returned to the den and Ukulwa hadn't been there. It had been a long hunt, and the dark blue lion wasn't at his best. However rumor, gossip, and the sheer volume of a large number of lions gathered together had led him right to the gathering. Right, they were apparently hosting big red, white, and black lioness who looked like they could tear through every Guard in the prde with minimal effort.

It was not surprising that Ukulwa had struck up a conversation with one of the red lionesses. Jitu wondered if he should wander over, but decided it would almost certainly become awkward, if only because half the things lionesses chose to discuss made little sense to him. Instead, he hovered around the edges of the group, watching and listening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Huozin glanced around, noting how many small conversations had broken out. Good, then there would be few to notice if he seemed to join the crowd. The Hunter made his way over to the black lioness he'd noted earlier. If not for the smaller, purplish-blue markings she bore, she might just be acceptable to the Firekin. However, it sounded like her attitude would make such a thing impossible.

"I beg your pardon, but what did you say?" the red male asked politely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nyeusi glanced up as her light was suddenly blocked by the large body of one of the strangers. Mostly red with a blindingly white mane, he was certainly a sight to behold. Oddly enough, his yellow eyes seemed clear, without the inherent superiority many of his fellows seemed to feel.

"I said that you do not know your God," she told him, speaking louder and more confidently than she had before. "Have you come here to find them?" She didn't trust the male to take her seriously, but if he offered her the opportunity, Nyeusi wasn't about to turn it down.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:43 pm
User ImageUser Image

The duo decided Hara looked like the one they wanted to talk to. REALLY they wanted to find those sitting on the sidelines and make them interact with them. Maybe he should have come and mingle instead.

The Soldier approached the male first, a stern expression on her face while Tera had more of an upbeat one. She was a bit more friendly up front than Sek. "Why are you over here by yourself? Why aren't you walking around saying hi like everyone else is?" Tera drilled him suddenly with some light laughter in her voice.

"It makes us want to talk to you a little more when you sit to the side like this." Sek said looking around at the number of adolescents that also seemed to be interested in the newcomers.

"I'm Tera, this is Sekhmet." The red female said introducing her darker counterpart. "What can we call you?"

MangoMeow

User Image

There she was.

Mulika.

He hadn't expected her to show up, though at the same time he didn't think she would miss something like this? She seemed to have a friend with her though and he wasn't sure if he should go interrupt, was she with him with him? He wondered.

NOT that he would be upset if she was. It was just he was hoping to express to her his feelings in time. He enjoyed her company a great deal and not many seemed to catch his attention like she had.

Approaching the two he gave them both a smile. "Hello Mulika, who is your friend? I don't believe we've met before. I'm Buyisiwe." He said giving the male a broad smile and a nod of his head in greeting.

Krysin

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:53 pm
Ctrl F Greenie

Tawi huffed as the two girls spoke. The way his ear would turn back and forth between the two was an indicator he was indeed, listening very closely to their conversation.

Gray eyes widened slightly at Raia's question. "I...don't know." Astrea was still quite young. She was still getting use to how rogues were initiated into the pride. Would this mean this group would go through the same type of process? Questions began springing in her mind. She would need to get answers to them later.

The blue adolescent made an "oo" sound at Raia's comment before quickly shutting her mouth. While she was all for ganging up on her bratty brother, with the new lions nearby, she held her tongue. She gave a quick giggle, releasing Tawi's tail as she rose to her feet.

AstoriaFallen

Before she could leave, Astrea found more approaching. "Oh, hello!" She greeting, grinning. "Thank you!" She and her brother Faraji were blessed with a star marked pelts.

"My...name's...not...Branch..." he seethed quietly.

"I see you found yourself more friends. Too bad it had to be with Astrea." He shrugged, ignoring the little gasp from Astrea. "I think I am much better company than her any day," he scoffed, turning his full gaze to Raia.

When the two other approached, Tawi found himself getting quite uncomfortable. Being around one was fine, two was pushing it, and now four? A frowned graced his lips as he did his calculating stare at the newcomers. Why did he wink at him? What was this strange lion's business? He was...a brother of Raia's? from the sound of it? Great, just what he needed. A male Raia.

He kept of his stare to Akela, before turning it to Helios.

Ecavi

When one of the strangers' approached, Tawi felt his heart beating wildly in his chest.

This was the time that he was glad Astrea actually spoke up.

"Hi there!" Astrea said with a bright smile towards Titaia. "It's a pleasure to meet you. I am Astrea, and this is my brother, Tawi, say hello Tawi!" ("...hello..." ) The adolescent would let the three others introduce themselves, mainly for the fact she knew Raia, and briefly knew Akela. Helios though, she did not.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:56 pm
"Buyisiwe," Mulika greeted with a kind smile. She would have risen to meet him, but she was rather comfortable where she was. Quiyue was a warm companion, and honestly she wanted to give off a relaxed feeling to all of these Firekin strangers. She didn't want them to think that she was wary of them. This was their home, if anything it was the Firekin who should feel unease.

"Please, come lay with us," she swished her tail out of the space next to her, and instead flopped it over Quiyue's. To an outside eye it may have looked like the two lions were a little too close. But their social circle knew that Quiyue and Mulika were simply two kindred souls. They were almost too similar to develop actual feelings for one another.

Mostly it was a contest between them to see who was the most refined and elegant.

"I am Quiyue. I've seen you around a few times before, but I am glad to finally make introductions." He smiled slyly for a moment at Mulika, who seemed completely unfazed by his look. The only reason he knew of Buyisiwe was because of Mulika, even if she had only casually dropped his name a couple of times. It was rare for the lioness to mention anyone, however, so Quiyue would take what opportunities he could to tease her.

She never did seem to rise to the bait, unfortunately. "What do you think of our new friends?" he purred. "They're a bit of an eyesore." He said that quietly, however, because he did find the Firekin intimidating.

AstoriaFallen

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:57 pm
User Image (since I don't have his cert yet)

Kahini watched as Helios arrived with Akela and she nudged her mate and the two watched as he marched over to some other adolescents not too far away. "Well, he's branching out there quick isn't he."

Rio laughed. "It sure looks like it doesn't it."

"Come, let's go talk to a couple of them." She said almost pulling her mate along with her as she walked towards Kuzimu.

"I hope your travels weren't too long and grueling." She said to the white female as she grew close enough to talk to her.

"I'm Kahini and this is my mate Porphyrios."

He gave a smile and bowed his head in greeting.

SilverLutz

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces