Reply [IC RP] Holds & Halls
[PRP] The Good "Wife" (Ink & Lucayr) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Teiha

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:33 pm
He stepped down from the sill and followed the lady into the room, standing before her near the chairs. It seemed for a moment that he might favor secrecy, and deny her an answer. But then he bowed low, sweeping his arm in a flourish. “I am Lucayr, of Igen Hold. Tanner by birth, Harper by calling. My father was none too pleased, but I assume he is proud of me nonetheless.”

With that, he settled into one of the chairs, waiting for Lady Ink to join him before speaking further. He crossed his legs, steepled his fingers, and pressed his chin to his hands, eyes smiling over them with that spark that comes of possessing a tale of interest to tell.

Mx Cherie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:36 pm

Lucayr of Igen Hold. Lady Ink curtsied again when the lark spoke his true name, a hint of a smile lingering upon her lips. "How pleasant to have a father who might be proud." So saying, the lady sat upon a chair nearby, wishing that she had something to offer her guest. Yet it seemed that he had something that he wished to offer her. "Say on, songster. I would know what you wish to tell me." And oh, she burned with curiosity to know precisely what he was about. No doubt something lurked behind those kind, clever eyes.

Teiha

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Teiha

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:15 pm
At her bidding, Lucayr’s smile widened, and he launched into his earnest tale.

“It has been many months since I was last able to see or contact my mother and father. As you know, some places in Nabol are quite unpleasant, and it was safer to let them think I was elsewhere. Once my investigations were complete, I absconded to Ruatha. In all that time, my contact there had received quite a few letters from Igen—a small collection, really. Friends, family, all doing well. Market prices are going up for my dear father’s wares, and my mother is just thrilled with the new dress he’s bought her.”

He paused to see if Lady Ink wished to comment, but he was not done, yet. Oh, no. The best part of the story was still to come.

Mx Cherie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:26 pm

And what an enchanting tale he spun, friends and family sending letters to a man who had scarcely been gone more than a handful of months. Lady Ink had never had anyone who cared so much about her as all of that. Until now. For some mysterious reason of his own, this harper did care... at least to the point of checking in on her. The lady leaned forward, captivated by his tale. "Nabol is quite unpleasant unless you are fortunate enough to be one of Lord Gansley's little peons." Curious about the lark's kin, she peered into the man's eyes, waiting for a response.

Teiha

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Teiha

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:42 pm
“Mother’s most recent letter was much of the same. ‘My dear little ‘Cayr, today I baked the most perfect bubbly pie for your father. He actually complimented my cooking! Can you imagine?’ And she told me all about the rest of her day. And then...” In his elation over the contents of the letter, Lucayr leaned closer to Ink, as if about to tell her a secret. “For many turns my parents have longed for another child. Here I am, a grown man, and they still hadn’t managed the feat. But at the end of that last letter, my darling mother announced that she has finally conceived, and if all goes to plan, I will soon find myself with a dear little sibling upon which to dote. Isn’t that marvelous?”

Mx Cherie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:51 pm

The harper's devoted audience gave a gasp, covering her mouth with both hands, the picture of elated excitement. "Oh, how wonderful for you! A child, after so long!" ... And her cheeks darkened inexplicably, as if she had some secret shame, or cause to blush. But why should the lady do so? "Shall you go home to see the happy occasion?" Her heart flip flopped, her eyes full of mysteries of her own. "You must write to her at once!" And if the lady's voice carried an imperious note, well, that certainly could not be helped.

Teiha

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Teiha

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:18 pm
Lucayr noted that sudden flush across the lady’s cheeks. It was a rather fetching reaction, bringing a healthier color to her complexion, but unanticipated. As was the… was that a command? “Yes, of course I will go, though it will likely be another six or seven months before the little one arrives. I’ve already written and sent a gift, naturally.” His voice, of course, still sounded pleased as punch, for he was very much so… but his eyes were questioning.

Mx Cherie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:27 pm

The lord who lay down the hall had a certain expectation of Lady Ink, and she was desperate to meet it, for... for she would live in fear until she died if she did not meet it. Her heart was torn to bits over the thought of what she must do... and yet she felt a certainty that this man was the one suitable for the task. How she hated to be so calculating. What should have been a flowering of passion and... so much more, would now be a dirty deal done in the dark, with him none the wiser. If she dared. Oh, did she dare? The lady stared at the man who might save her life, afraid to speak a word of her thoughts to him. "You must go," Lady Ink said, her knuckles gone white. "As soon as you know. But... perhaps I might send a gift along when the time comes?"

Teiha

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Teiha

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:59 pm
For a tense moment, the harper thought she was turning him out, and breathed out a small sigh when that was shown not to be the case. But something was obviously going on that he wasn’t privy to. He sent some mental prods to his fair of tiny watchers, and they responded with calm images of their surroundings. Redrick hadn’t awakened, but perhaps Ink was worried he might be stirring soon.

He smiled at the lady’s offer. “My mother would be absolutely tickled to receive a gift from a lady of your stature. If you wish to send something, it must be small. I would need to send my little gold Oria to retrieve it, of course.” So that Redrick would have nothing to connect back to Lucayr, Ink would no doubt understand.

Mx Cherie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:10 pm

Lady Ink turned her gaze to the floor for a long moment, her hands traveling down from her lips to flutter idly at the fullness of her skirts. It was a bit of a strange response, when taken alone. With no idea of why the lady might behave so, Lucayr would surely be left with questions. "I only have small gifts to give." Her cheeks warmed significantly, giving her away somewhat more. "... Myself among them." Oh Faranth, to be so bold! She could not quite meet his gaze, shame warring with heat for a victory that was empty of satisfaction. For indeed, there was nothing that she could do to make this right. Not the way she might have wished it.

"And little time in which to give them," she admitted, for she knew that Lord Redrick would awaken sometime during the passing hours. How long might she bargain for herself, for her life? How long did she have before her time was spent, and this wonderful man would have to leave her again? Did she dare to wait perhaps another several months? No, she could not.

Teiha

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Teiha

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:55 am
He watched her hands move to brush at her skirts. Where she had been unusually bright, almost radiant, but a moment ago… she was now crestfallen. He was moved to go to her, bending a knee beside her feet. Such odd things came from her lips, and he tried to make sense of them. The harper was indeed a quickwit, but his conclusions were troubling. He knew well the pain of one woman’s yearning. Was this something similar, or was he just so attuned to the joy for his own kin that he misheard somehow? He would know the truth, if she would give it.

“Dear lady, speak plainly. Redrick is slumbering, and there are none within hearing but us two.” He took her hand, looking up at her face. If only she would look at him! “Fear not your lark, for he does not sing for anyone aside of the Lady Ink.”

Mx Cherie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:17 am

The pressure of the moment was upon Lady Ink, and she stared fixedly at the floor, tears of fear and despair welling up. "I dare not. I shall die if I am found out... if he knows." If, somehow, someone overheard their conversation. If they were discovered so. "He would kill me if he knew my heart." Or torture her. The lady did not know which was worse, and she brought her hands up to swiftly brush away tears that threatened to spill over. She was not given to crying, but it was the most unfair of situations, and her number was up.

"Please. I have never known kindness such as what you offer me." She was struggling with words, in a way that she never had before, not since she had been trained to turn a phrase. When words at last failed her, she stood before Lucayr, letting her fingers bury themselves within his tawny hair, a look of pleading upon her lovely face.

Teiha

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Teiha

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:11 am
Why the lark's heart bled so for this ashen flower mattered not at all. The simple fact was that what he felt for her was more than the draw of intrigue. He was enthralled by every aspect of her. Her beauty, her mystery, her exquisite pain. She caused this lowly son of a tanner to aspire to princehood, as foolish perhaps it might be. Anything that could bring even just a sliver of light to her dark world, he desired to do.

He rose with the lady as she came to stand before him, reflexively catching her elbows as she lifted her arms to him. Keenly aware of her fingers combing through his hair, he stared back into her dark eyes. Any other woman would have been treated to a burst of bright laughter and a sudden twist, leaving her empty-handed. But not this one. He would not... could not run from her.

Mx Cherie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:34 am

The man stood over her, and Ink almost drew back reflexively, all too used to being hurt in this exact scenario. The lady stared sadly into her lark's eyes, knowing too well that this moment would soon be up. She had but this single opportunity, and when Lord Redrick was well again... ah, but that did not bear thinking on.

This was the only selfish thing that she had done for herself after singing and dancing with this man. So many small acts of rebellion would put her at terrible risk, but she couldn't give this up. He was the only man who had dared to brave Lord Redrick's wrath, and the only one who had managed to catch her eye. "Sing me a song, dear lark," she asked, a note of entreating in her low voice.

And, greatly daring, she stood upon her tiptoes, closing her eyes for a moment so that she could brush her lips softly against his own. If she was discovered, she would be killed for this transgression. Yet she dared. She could not face his kind eyes, but she could do this much. A soft sigh passed her lips as she leaned against him, willing him to agree.

Teiha

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Teiha

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:59 pm
A song? Here and now? The thought had barely come before it was expunged in a moment of pure astonishment. The lark had, on some instinctive level, expected the kiss. But when it came, he found himself unprepared. His intense golden gaze was riveted upon her, this woman to whom he was so curiously devoted.

Slowly… gently… he let one hand trail down to the small of her back, pressing her to him. The other moved to cup her head, slipping underneath the silken curtain of her hair. And then, tenderly… he returned her kiss.

Mx Cherie

[IC RP] Holds & Halls

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces