[PRP] At the riverside [Woha'li Galu'nadi & Sepsis] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:53 am
Oh dear...

The grey lion winced and looked somewhat sheepish at the question that had been posed, if there was ever a way to reinforce his notoriety as someone quite boring, it was probably this one. Despite all of his travel he had never found something that truly set him on fire, he'd never experienced an overwhelming passion or drive to succeed; or even to pursue a subject that had taken his interest. For all his talk of travel he could honestly say that not even that had really spoken volumes to him.

Sepsis was one of those lions who just seemed to exist.

"Erm," he pressed his lips together briefly and then shook his head. "Nothing," he said with a sigh. "There is nothing that affects me in the same manner that it seems to do to you," he admitted. He was a being who seemed relatively content with the status quo and had no real drive to change it, things simply worked for him and he was fine with that. He wouldn't be lighting the fires of passion in anyone's heart with that kind of chitchat that was for sure.

"Not that I can't find some enjoyment in things, I've just never quite had the same level of appreciation for things as others," he explained.

It might change in time, but at this point in his life, Sepsis wasn't overly confident.

Vashtya

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:22 pm
If Woha'li were particularly unkind, she may have been inclined to laugh before he ever began his response; he looked so...awkward, possibly even embarrassed. It was an appealing glimpse of vulnerability.

At his answer, though, she blinked. And then she shrugged. "Fair enough - although passion can be quiet and durable, I think - all it implies is a strong, abiding interest." Her tone was thoughtful. "After all, everyone is different, so to assume that we'd all feel passion to the same degree, or in the same way seems like it would be a stretch."

Truthfully, from his expression, she felt a little guilty for putting him on the spot.

"Although I admit, quieter, less intense interests would certainly make you less likely to potentially bore those around you," she finished with a genuine smile.

Epine de Rose

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:58 am
"Or... Or," Sepsis raised a paw and hazarded a half smile. "They might find they have no topic of conversation to discuss because you sound so unenthusiastic," he pointed out. Perhaps he had unintentionally made her feel embarrassed by her passion due to his more understated interest in things. In a way he envied her enthusiasm, but until he found something that truly caught his attention, he was simply destined to 'exist'.

...So exciting and engaging, right?

"It goes both ways, just as some might consider such passions overwhelming, I suspect there are others who find those without any particular input to be trying at best," he pursed his lips. "If they're trying to find common ground and can't locate it then they're just destined for disaster, understated or otherwise."

He paused briefly and glanced over his shoulder, if only to sense check where his clan were. He was still green and didn't know his way round enough to reliably navigate his way back to them if they got too far away.

"Perhaps when we next see each other I might be able to display the same excitement as you do for something, no?" he had determined that they were a little too far away for his liking and he would much prefer that he didn't get lost yet. Give it a few more weeks and he might be able to lose his way while maintaining his dignity, that way, only his clan would know he was navigationally challenged on occasion.

"It isn't my intention to be rude, but if they move much further away I envision I'll become a lost soul again until they take pity on me and send a search party..." He admitted.

Vashtya

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:11 pm
Woha'li couldn't help it: she laughed, although it wasn't unkindly done. "We admittedly haven't spoken all that long, but I do find it hard to believe you encounter that issue frequently!"

He might not have been inclined to wax poetic like she had, but he'd been a thoughtful conversational partner nonetheless, after all!

As he continued, her expression sobered slightly. "That is a good point, actually...all things in moderation...or at least not in excess, seem to make most things easier to get through."

At his explanation of why he should get going, she inclined her head, and waved off his explanation. "Careful, or I may hold you to that!" She said, teeth flashing brightly against her dark pelt in a playful grin.

"I hadn't realized quite so much time had passed," she replied, blinking as she notived that tjey had been talking for some time.

"But we certainly wouldn't want that to happen" she teased lightly. After all, she knew their territory like the back of her paw, but it could definitely be harder to navigate as a newcomer - especially with how often the clans moved around, independent of one another.

"Safe travels, Sepsis - hopefully our paths cross again soon." She fell easily into a slightly more formal goodbye, always finding it a little awkward to take one's leave...although her expression remained casual, a grin still lingering on her face.

Epine de Rose

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:03 am
"Hopefully," Sepsis smiled wryly. He'd grown used to only seeing his own clan but every now and then he'd heard murmurings from them that another was nearby. Perhaps Wohali's clan would skirt close by his at some point before the next festival. If they did, then he'd be sure to have at least learned of something else to talk about - he couldn't promise he'd be anymore enthusiastic about a new topic but he'd certainly endeavour to have more than the weather to discuss going forward.

Afterall it was the least he could do, particularly if he was going to encounter conversationalists regularly. He'd met chatterboxes on his travels before now but he'd always been able to drift away before he'd gotten too familiar with them. He was going to have to learn what it was like to be completely surrounded again. Perhaps if he'd found his name and gone home before now he would have gotten used to the more social aspect of being in a pride.

...For now though?

Well, it was with a quick wave of his paw that he bounded off towards the scent of his own clan. When he was more familiar with the area and his surroundings he'd find his courage to explore again; as it stood though he was nowhere near ready and it was in his best interests to find his clan sooner rather than later.

He'd run in to the lioness again someday (even i it was at the Festival) so at least he could keep that promise in the future!

Vashtya

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces