Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:01 am
She cares about you more than her own feelings, you of all people should know that's how she operates, putting everyone else before herself. Diesteth offered up and he nestled down finally, ready to see what was going to happen from that point with them.

Feeling as though she was floating, not entirely sure of where everything was going and how it was all moving about as if she were on a very small boat on a very angry sea, Nicara didn't go completely boneless but she did lean entirely into Roana's body rather than Athlee's as they moved her. She still had a bit of use to her faculties, she knew that she was going over towards a set of stairs but she couldn't at all understand what had happened to the table and the movement had her trying to think through her thoughts and notice her surroundings, none of it was happening very well. Just trying to think was making her distracted from moving, but the redhead holding her was solid and she just wanted to keep hanging onto her as long as she could.

Sadly they came to the room long before she had the chance to do just that and she let go as she was set on the bed and handed a glass of water. Even in her fogged state she knew that water was best to try and get in her body so she guzzled it quickly and went to say something, only to be punched and hard. Given her wobbly state as it was, the hit knocked her backwards and she sat back up shakily and slowly, blue eyes wide with something that looked far more like shock than hurt or fear. In her head Roana would never do something like that, but that was only her drunk mind talking not her sober one that knew full well what the redhead was capable of and that she could get angry very easily. She had seen it after all, felt it before.

"I just... I didn't know who he..." Nicara stammered out awkwardly, "How on Pern could you act like you're..."

The lack of any being to bounce her feelings and words off of, not to mention the inebriation that was taking away her faculties and making her more than a little loopy. This wasn't how she imagined that things would happen, this wasn't how it was supposed to work out was it?

"I want you to be happy.. I don't care who it's with. But I wish, I want... it to be with me." she finally got out, wringing it from the fog of her drunken haze that was slowly peeling back since the punch to her shoulder that had knocked at least a small amount of sense back into her. Nicara still couldn't feel Diesteth though and for some reason that was okay to her in that moment as she reached out and put both hands on Roana's shoulders gently. "Of course I like you as more than a friend. I..."

In the drunken state of her mind she couldn't push the words out of her mouth but she could at least do something else that would show her how she felt. Given where her hands already were, Nicara grabbed two handfuls of Roana's shirt and pulled her roughly into a kiss, her first kiss, a really really drunk kiss. The rider wasn't sure what to do from there but all the blood rushed to her head and her ears began to ring a bit as her heart hammered from the contact and the brazen way in which she had chosen to do this thing, a kiss that she had been dying to have with this girl for months. So even if Roana pushed her away and punched her again for assuming something she had this moment and this kiss that she hoped showed every bit of love she held for her.

Sinders Path

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:16 pm
Of course she knew that Diesteth, but that didn't mean it wasn't frustrating.
Roana sat patiently, listening and watching her drunken friend. And yes, she had to admit it had been rather cruel keeping up the joke with Athlee while not letting her into the reality of their back and forth.
She would have voiced her apology but when the women started to speak again she didn't dare interrupt Nicara's flow.

At last Nicara managed to actually admit it. Success! Drunken success but she'd take it. As her heart tried to crawl into her throat Roana actually found herself struggling to come up with the best response. Some part of her logical and sensible brain telling her that Nicara was drunk off her a** and to take advantage of that would be wrong, immoral and could end badly.

Then Nicara suddenly grabbed her, yanked her close and kissed her.
With that Roana's last thread of self restraint snapped like a bow string.

She kissed her back. Nicara's kiss was a hard press of lips on lips but there was no skill in it. Ro gently eased her into a less bruising and tender exchange before using her own body to push the Blue rider down onto the bed. Rolling over her she straddled the smaller form. She broke the kiss with a soft gasp, gathering breath to speak. "Nicara...If you want me to stop you should tell me now. Otherwise I'm not sure I will be able to."

One of her hands was already slipping under her shirt, pushing away the fabric to expose her to the dim light which came from the window street lamps and the candle on the night stand.

[FYI she says yes things are going to get very NSFW XD]  

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:25 am
It might have started out as a terrible mess of inexperience, but Roana managed to turn the rough kiss into something that made her feel as though something were twisting in her own stomach, like wings were fluttering around in there. And she felt hot, not just hot from the alcohol but from heat pouring through her from the contact that she didn't know how to turn into anything but this kiss that she wanted to last, wanted so badly to drag out. Nearly missing that she was moving, she decided that she didn't care as she felt her back press into the bed firmly and a weight hold her down, everything had stopped mattering except for the kiss, which broke all too soon for her. Blue eyes tilted up to look at the beautiful girl that was pinning her down, trust glowed in them just as brightly as love did, giving her a confused look when Roana gave her the option to tell her to stop.

Stop? How on Pern was that even an option at this point? Just the feel of a hand on her stomach, skin touching skin, had her flexing the muscles there tightly as tingles spread through her form. Completely inexperienced as she was, there was nothing for her to compare it to but she knew that she wanted to see whatever this was through until the end with this wonderful person that she loved more than anything that seemed to glow in the dim light given off by the candle and the street somewhere far beyond her capacity to acknowledge.

Moving to sit up as much as she could, Nicara wound her hands into the red hair she always admired so much, had always wanted to touch, and pulled her closer to finish the sentence that she'd started before that kiss, to get it all off of her chest so she would feel better. "It's much more than like, I love you." With that she pulled her into another kiss, dragging her down with her as she tried to take her cues from the last kiss and make it much less rough and far slower, enjoying every moment of it before she let her go again regretfully. "I love you Roana... so please don't stop?"

Fingers still buried in the curls of red hair, she tried not to let her feel the shivering that was happening, not from fear but from uncertainty, because she knew full well that she had nothing to offer to Roana in experience or skill. If only she hadn't fought everything her entire life then maybe she would be worth something in this respect, but to her it was much more special to be involved with just one person instead of giving in to every single flight that happened at the Weyr. Even if she never thought anything like this would happen, it made her happier that it was happening with someone she loved.

For some reason, whether it was the alcohol or the look on Roana's face, her insecurities fell away and she just wanted her to keep going and teach her, so she could share that love she had with her as way of an explanation.

Sinders Path

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:58 am
Roana might have been experienced with physical affection but she was just as new to real love as Nicara and the words made her heart hammer against her chest and her body shudder. Luckily she still knew what to say and thanks to the alcohol still in her system she didn't loose her tongue. "I'm so happy to hear you say that Nicara. I love you too. I have wanted to do this since the day I met you.." she paused and laughed. "Okay, maybe not quite on that day, but soon after."

With Nicara's hand in her hair and pressing so close it left them in a cute Eskimo kiss pose while they spoke but after Roana had gotten out what she needed to say she leaned in and turned it into another real kiss. Easing the blue rider into the warm cool embrace of the beds crisp sheets. Her kiss didn't last as long this time because she broke it to start moving her lips down, her chin, her throat, her collar and down ward. Meanwhile her hands were working on freeing Nicara from that pesky clothing.

[Annnnnnnnnnnd I don't think I can really take it beyond that before I get banned. So fade to black]  

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:03 am
Noise came first, the sounds of people moving around and jobs being done filled the air and managed to filter into the small room that she could just barely remember from the night before. Whoever was sawing something that they were also hammering simultaneously was being rather rude about it at such an early hour and it was this noise that had Nicara's blue eyes slowly opening against the bright shine of light. It almost made her close her eyes again and burrow into... into... what was her head leaning on? Not a pillow to be sure. Without moving she opened her eyes all the way and went to move one of her hands to touch whatever it was, only to find them both pinned and the only thing she could see were red curls everywhere around her. So certainly not a pillow, but that could only mean one thing to her foggy morning mind and it wasn't at all feasible.

Had she and....

Memories filtered back through the haze, memories of drinking and explanations, then memories of lips and skin that made her face turn the most brilliant shade of red it had ever been before that. A beat hammered it's pattern out on her left temple and brought a groan from her despite her best efforts to keep silent, but she couldn't move her hands to rub the pain away from that spot and knowing who they were tangled up with Nicara didn't think she wanted to move them. So she had confessed her feelings last night, after so long of keeping them pulled tight against her chest, after so long of wanting to say them... alcohol was the only thing that she'd needed to get over it?

Not at all, it was alcohol and realizing that you are one of the densest bricks that Western Weyr has ever managed to offer up as a weyrbrat turned rider. It's a very good thing that girl beside you loves you so much. a voice rang in her head, past the hammering, past the throbbing of her temple, even past the scent of Roana beside her that was making her feel a bit giddy. It was only with the sound of his voice that she realized the bubble of happiness that she was wrapped tightly in was partly coming from him, his love for both she and the redhead was surrounding every bit of her heart as both of his beat in time for the two women that he considered his family.

Instantly her heart melted and everything that she'd been feeling for months bled from her as she lay beside the one person she loved as much as her dragon, even if it wasn't in the same way. It was a different kind of love and one that was completely new to her and her big blue partner as well, for surely he'd never felt anything like it through her. Maybe it was that reason that she could feel his love wrapped around herself and could tell he was doing the same to Roana, as if there were some sort of connection. But that was impossible.

Thank you, my best of all friends.

You're always welcome, Mine. It was rare that he called her that, preferring her name or some other term of endearment, I'm just proud that you two finally made the right decisions for one another and I'm here for you when you need.

Right decision or not, her head felt as though it was going to pound straight off of her neck and shoulders on it's own and begin walking around to a beat. Slowly, purposefully, she began to wiggle her fingers against what she was now starting to suspect was Roana's stomach.

Sinders Path

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:19 am
Had always been a deep sleeper, you had to be if you expected to get any decent sleep out at sea on a rocking boat, however even she couldn't avoid the wriggling squirming feel of fingers and limbs trying to free themselves from underneath her form.
She opened her eyes and blinked owlishly in the morning light. Still not really registering her surroundings she stifled a yawn. There was a slight rattle of discomfort behind her eyes but she was 19 and a practiced drinker the hangover was an irritation, not really debilitating.

As her eyes adjusted and her senses also started to wake she realized what that warmth beside her meant and who's wriggling had woken her up. Twisting her body around and easing up she released Nicara's hands back to her. slowly taking around of her own limbs she noted one was pillowing her head but her other hand rested gently atop her lovers form. Their legs so tangled together it impossible to tell what belonged to who under the covers.

"Morning lover." Ro greeted Nicara warmly, leaning forward she kissed her while her hand found it's way to Nicara's hair and threaded through sleep tussled locks. "How you feeling? You look a little pale." she noted with concern. "Little bit to much to drink last night huh?" Ro was filled with the warm after glow of a good night and jubilant at her success at finally getting Nicara into bed. And it had been worth it. Of course the blue rider had been hesitant and unsure but none of that had lessened her pleasure as she guided her through their mutual experience and exploration of each other.

Ro could have quite easily dozed off again, she was happy and very cozy and warm next to Nicara but her bliss was broken by a sudden knock on the door.
Roana groaned and reluctantly started to detangle her legs from the blankets and other limbs that were not her own. Huffing irritatingly at the interruption she got up, stretched like a lazy feline (naked in the sun beam filtering through the curtains) and grabbed her fallen shirt from the floor. It was long enough to cover everything important.

She opened the door the barest crack and exchanged some brief muffled conversation with the person on the other side. It didn't last long but when she stepped back into the room she bore a tray holding two steaming mugs of Klah and a plate of toast and eggs, both scrambled and fried. Ro kicked the door shut behind her and walked back to the bed, settling the tray down between them. "Um. Nicara, Sweetie. Don't freak out, but Auntie just complimented you on your um...singing voice last night. I think you were a little loud. So...everybody knows."  

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:00 am
Finally her hands were free and she slid one up to Roana's hair and the other to the still pounding beat in her left temple, still not free of the sawing and hammering noise that she realized after waking up further was just the sound of her own heartbeat courtesy of a roaring hangover. It was the first time she had even had one drink in years and she was paying for it without a doubt but it was the very last thing she was about to focus on with this beautiful woman in front of her. Fortunately she had no issues with her stomach and it was all in her head, which she was bound and determined not to be in this morning.

Tilting forward she caught Roana for another kiss when she broke the first one and arched her back against the redhead's body lazily, enjoying every minute of her contact with her lover. It was lovely, it was exactly what she'd needed after all the turns completely alone and Nicara's body was fully boneless with the relaxation that came the morning after such a connection. Before this she had only heard about it in stories that her best friend passed down to her, now she knew what she'd been missing.

"Entirely too much to drink, but don't worry about it. It'll pass after a bit." Nicara offered up, her hand running from Roana's hand down her spine slowly. She had at least learned a few things during the night, that much she remembered. The knock that came made her groan sadly though, her fingers trailing over skin as her partner shifted off the bed and an appreciative noise somewhat close to a growl pulled from her when she watched her stretch in the light. Would have been a fool not to appreciate the view to it's fullest, she moved her head to watch her head towards the door and lifted an eyebrow, rubbing at her temple still.

Slowly she managed to drag herself up to her knees and pulled the top blanket around herself, not willing to leave the bed just yet as she waited for Roana to return. Using that time, she slowly reached out towards Diesteth to check on him, a memory of pain running through her left side down to her hip and she wasn't entirely certain that he wasn't lying. All that met her was a stern message that he was completely fine and that it was simply a graze. Between was still an option, or so he told her firmly and calmly, so she needed to turn her complete focus to the girl that that was making her way back into the room with a tray. Her response was to be worried but she let it pass as she smiled happily for the food and drink that she could smell now making its way into the room.

"That looks really good, Auntie must be a very good cook." Nicara offered as Roana sat the tray down, but as her hand reached out to grab for a cup of klah her hand froze and her eyes widened in horror. Anything she might have uttered came out in a squeak and her hands flew to her mouth instead, covering it as she rocked backwards and fell to her side gently, not wanting to spill anything on the tray. Reaching out she pulled a pillow over her head and laughed despite the pain in her head. "Oh no! You didn't tell me that I was being loud Ro!"

It still came out like a squeak from underneath the pillow, her body coiled up just past the tray and a light laugh still coming from her that was matched with a bellowing trumpet from outside that was loud enough to be heard even from the watchpoint. Diesteth wasn't even about to hold back on that one, he couldn't help himself, his quiet rider was just beside herself and it wasn't even fully embarrassment as it was amusement for her situation. Now she knew just how loud she could be!

You... you are never living this down. I'll remind you of this day the next time you clam up in front of anyone. the blue told her, stuttering with laughter despite himself.

Pulling the pillow off of her head, face red and tears of mixed amusement and pain running down her face even with her sheepish smile spread over her. "Hopefully you don't have to hear about this for ever and ever like Diesteth is going to remind me. Sorry about that, love."

Sinders Path

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:47 pm
Roana had expected Nicara to go into full melt down at the news but apparently a good after glow could do wonders because , although the red on her cheeks was brighter than the suns glow she was laughing. A grin broke out as she heard the trumpet of a dragon nearby (a sound she had gotten used to living in the weyr).
"Why on earth would I tell you that?" Ro asked truly befuddled by the question. "I like it when you let your voice out. You are so restrained usually." Roana lay down on her side curling her body around the tray so that she could reach Nicara and kiss her again. Butterfly kisses all over her red face.

"I don't know what you are apologizing for." Ro told her honestly. "It's just one more thing for the guys to rib me about. And you now. Though they probably won't let you forget you got hammered on three drinks either. But stuff like that, being able to tease and rile each other up. Pretty much what makes up a family don't you think? If your family can't embarrass you, who can? At least you won't have to face them when we leave today. Looks like fair weather so they should all be out on the water by now. I expect Auntie is the only one down there. And she's no gourmet cook but she knows how to cook a lot of tasty food on pretty much shoe string budget. And she never lets anyone leave hungry, so best eat your eggs." Ro advised kissing her once more, because she could.

After that she eased herself up and handed Nicara the mug of Klah, she knew that was likely what the blue rider needed first. It was a Klah recipe unique to The Dawn Dolphin and especially good at clearing away the fog of the night before. Roana took up her own just as there was a pop and rush of cool air. Nyeh appearing from between just in time for breakfast as usual. She chirped and landed on the edge of the tray and Ro handed her a small chunk of the scrambled egg before she could grab her and probably walk all over the plate in the process. "Auntie says we can take as much time as we want buuuuut we probably should get back at some point today. " Now the excitement of the hatching was done and things had been rearranged for the new weyrlings candidate lessons would be starting again soon.

Hattaki
[]

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:53 am
Blushing even harder for the butterfly kisses that were placed on her face, Nicara wished the tray wasn't between them so she could pull Roana to her and recline up against her body again. Likely that wouldn't have been a good idea since they would surely need to make their way back towards the Weyr in time. She knew that the redhead's words were correct, that there wouldn't be any that would give her a hard time, that she could leave in peace after they spent just a little more time in the room, and that food did smell just amazing. In fact it smelled much better than most things she'd eaten even at the Weyr, but her lips lingered against Roana's slowly and sighed when she was forced to let go.

"I'm just so glad that we did that last night, that I don't have to hide it anymore, even if it was probably a little loud." she looked sheepish at least when she said it, but her thoughts weren't. "But it did take you away from your family last night when Diesteth and I brought you here with the intention of you spending time with them. We'll get you back here again so you really can spend time with them... and not with a drunken and very loud mess." There was humor in her voice when she said it at least, even if she was apologizing still.

There would be so few opportunities for them to do this exact thing in the future, but at least at the Weyr she knew for certain that if she was loud her individual weyr was made of stone and less likely to be heard by everyone. Taking the klah she took a deep drink and gave another sigh for the feeling that washed over her. It was delicious and the bits of toast that she picked up and bit into were good as well, still warm and buttery, just what she needed after such a night to perk herself back up for the flight back.

Pulling her head back as Nyeh popped into the air just in front of Roana's head, Nicara laughed a bit, "It seems she missed you during her night away, at least she wasn't watching us last night. I don't know what I would have done if I'd noticed a pair of eyes over the edge of the bed!" she reached out and handed the little gold a piece of toast that she had ripped off for her, really she loved the fire lizard as much as her owner, she had character and a personality much larger than her small form. If only she'd been a dragon, the whole Weyr would be leaping in front of her!

"Sadly you're right." sitting her cup down she stood, straddled Roana's lap and kissed her, the blanket still wrapped around her sleight form. Pulling back she kissed the bridge of her nose playfully, "I'm glad last night happened and I'm thankful that I did manage to get drunk enough to finally... admit things... but I don't want things to slide back to the way they were before. I didn't like the way things were before." Peering into her lover's eyes, she tried to get her point across, at least able to be a little more forward in light of the previous night's happenings.

Sinders Path

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:18 pm
Hattaki
]

Roana took up her own mug of Klah , enjoying the rich smell of the sharp rich beverage as well as the heat of it seeping into her palms and up her arms. It brought everything into sharper focus. The more she sipped at it the more the last of the fog in her head cleared. She felt more awake and ready to take on the day at hand. She put her free hand up to thread through her hair but it didn't get far before it got caught in the tangles and she had to work more gently to free it again. Only industrial style brushes even stood a chance against it and she doubted Auntie had anything in her collection that would be up for the challenge which meant she would likely be looking like a red bush till she got back to brackets. Not that flying did her hair any good anyway.

"Oh don't worry about that. I still got to see more people than I expected, And I would have not have changed what happened last night for all of pern." She teased back. "I think Nyeh was like you. She found it all a bit much last night. She always retreats to your weyr when that happens, cause she knows she can get some peace there. But I don't think she's ever miss breakfast." She finished by giving the Flitt a playful tickle which earned sharp protest till she placated her with more egg.

For a few minutes there was contented silence as they all enjoyed breakfast. best to eat the toast while it was still warm. As she bit into it, the fried egg resting atop burst and soaked it's yolk into the bread beneath. Roana devoured it in a few bites. Nothing quite built up an appetite like....midnight exercises.

She was still licking butter and egg yolk off her fingers when she felt the pressure of Nicara settling over her. She turned and grinned, resting her hands on the blue riders waist. But her confusion was writ large across her face when Nicara mentioned about slipping back into old habits. "Like I would let that happen." she scoffed. "You're mine now. I don't intend to let you go again. Besides I am not a child. The weyr can't send me to bed after all m chores are done. I'll make sure I come see you almost every night. It's not like it's a long walk." She was not a weyrling, the only dragon she had to consider was Diesteth and she knew he would be the first in line of their cheering section. "Besides." she whispered kissing her. "I still have a lot to teach you."  

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:02 am
Slowly she thread her fingers through Roana’s hair when she felt the hands on her waist, a smile on her face for the words spoken even though she was still about shy and worried about all of it. All she could feel coming off of her lover was confidence and it eased any tension she might have had about their new situation as it all melted back into the glow of love that she’d been feeling before, the glow that Nicara fully hoped would stay for the rest of her time with this wonderful woman she’d met. Gentle fingers pulled at red hair, detangling it with a lazy determination as she leaned into the kiss and pressed her whole form against the taller woman. It was with a bite to Ro’s lower lip that she pulled back, having shifted her weight to her knees so that she was a bit taller than her, and she grinned down with purpose.

“I’ve every intention of holding you to that, because I want to learn how to repay what you showed me last night.” Nicara told her softly, standing up slowly from her position so that she could stretch out her sore muscles and rub once more at the banging in her temples. “Besides, on your free days you could always come and bother Diesteth and I, generally we can schedule in a day or time to take a break and our evenings are always free.”

Not every week can we schedule that in, but it would be good to see the two of you getting time together. Diesteth offered to the both of them, Nicara flinched at the words in her head thanks to the alcohol and her blue took a few jabs at her just to reiterate how little he enjoyed her when she was drunk. At least it did help a bit when you got drunk last night, I have my doubts about everything working out the way it did if you hadn’t, you dimglow. At least she didn’t end up kicking you out of the bar for being soft headed due to trying to set her up with an old friend that happens to know nothing of the female form.

“No comments from the peanut gallery! You’re half a Hold away anyway you snide beast.” Nicara grumbled good naturedly, casting about the room to try and find her discarded clothing. From what she could remember it had been torn off and tossed about rather recklessly, but there was really no other way that would have happened. Most of the things she could find, moving about to grab them and pull them on as she kept her eyes open for the most important thing of all, “Do you know what happened to my riding jacket last night?”

Glancing back at Roana she lifted an eyebrow and tilted her head, only her undershirt, pants, and underthings on which left her feeling a little bit exposed despite feeling comfortable around her lover. That jacket had her knot on it though and it was one of the things she’d had the longest in her life other than her violin, which she knew the location of despite the knowledge of how much she would have to clean it from the seawater dip it took the night previous.

Sinders Path

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:35 am
Hattaki
]

Roana was surprised by the bite, honestly Nicara was proving bolder than she ever expected. But she returned the kiss in kind with added enthusiasm "Oh don't worry." Ro promised her. "I'll make you work for it next time." She teased "But I honestly don't see spending time together being a problem, even if our schedules change you have Diesteth and I have Nyeh to send messages back and forth with." Speaking of the Firelizard, she was busy scarfing the last of the egg and toast while the two women were distracted,shoveling it into her little mouth with the help of her claws. Someone was going to be sleepy when they got home.

Roana chuckled and jabbed Nicara in the ribs as she scolded Diesteth. "Don't you dare have a go at my wing man for telling the truth." She warned . "And we better meet up soon, the docks obviously aren't a good idea but there is a square near here that should be big enough for him and is mostly empty at this time of day." She advised. Roana knew the area well and she was already pulling up her mental map to recall the best locations.

She let out a reluctant groan when Nicara finally called an official end to their fun by being the first to seek out underwear. Ro followed her with another grumble and started to grab her pants. Since Ro didn't have much to worry about in the chest department to begin with she only used a loose wrap to keep it in check. After that it was rather typical pirate fair with a shirt, black pants n a more elaborate green and gold trimmer jacket. "Huh, your riders jacket? No I didn't see it." Ro confessed. "Nyeh." she cooed at the gold. "Find it for me." The gold chirped in fat lazy protest but when Ro repeatedly bombarded her with mental images of the jacket she pulled herself up and began flitting round the room while Ro finished getting dressed. The red head knew that her hair would not be tammed without the proper tools so she settled for tying it back and covering the top with a bandanna.

Nyeh chirped triumphantly and dragged the missing jacket out from under the bed where it had beenn kicked the previous night. Ro bent down and scooped up both flitt and jacket. Handing off the later to Nicara while she praised the gold for her help. Once they were both sorted, Ro grabbed the tray, set it aside and stripped off the bed into the nearby laundry basket to make Auntie's job easier. "Right, think thats everything, ready to go?"  

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:14 am
Just the thought of having to take a more active role in the future when she'd only learned what she knew from last night made Nicara blush thoroughly and she couldn't really hide it given how pale she still was from her hangover. Giving up wasn't who she was though and if she put her mind to it she could learn everything she needed to in order to give back to her lover, at least in theory. She picked things up quickly in the past so she didn't really think it would be a problem for her to adjust to this sort of thing either, the only real issue was her tendency to be a bit shy about it.

Or completely so.

Taking her jacket after she'd rolled her blue eyes for the rib jab, she pulled it on with a sigh of comfort for something that she was completely used to. Her wherhide jacket was like a sort of armor, one that she had worn over the turns and kept her safe. The shoulders and back of it bore proof of threadscores she'd just barely cracked off Between and it was soft after seven turns of use and protection. Securing it tight to her waist she winked at Roana and the fire lizard that she was holding.

"Diesteth is likely the best wing man there could be, you two are a pair, I swear. I'll send him a message to meet us in the square, he's been manning that barren watchpoint that seems to be creeping with a bit of green. Might have to bring that up the next time we have a meeting since it isn't very smart or safe." Steeling herself and sending said message off to her big blue, Nicara opened the door for Roana, not really remembering where she was going since she'd been taken up to the room while completely plastered.

From his post on the watchpoint Diesteth rose to his feet slowly, the graze on his side stinging still despite his stubborn nature. He'd need a bit of numbweed and salve to have it heal up, knowing his rider she would spend hours making sure he was bathed and oiled thoroughly enough that it would never be a problem. In fact he'd been able to tell through her addled state the night before that she was still concerned and it was only growing more as the morning wore on, in spite of her glowing comfort that he could feel as well. If he could hide it he would, but it was only really for Roana's benefit that he even entertained such a thought, he knew she would be worried to see his side stained green from ichor.

Rolling his stiff shoulders, the big blue hopped into the air and soared over to the square without any of his usual flair, landing a bit rougher than he meant to in the emptiness he was overly grateful for in that moment. Fewer people meant that he had less to worry about in the way of scaring them, especially since so few Holders still saw dragons up close even with the return of Thread. This one even less so apparently, given the state of the watchpoint. That alone was distressing...

Ready when you are. He sent off to his rider, feeling her grow closer.

Sinders Path

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:15 pm
Hattaki
]

Roana lead Nicara down the narrow stair case and back into the main room of the bar. Auntie stood behind the wooden counter restocking the spirits shelf from a crate at her feet, however when she saw the two women she paused in her work and crossed the space to join them. Roana and the old battle axe shared brief but warm hug and Auntie nodded to Nicara. "You're welcome here any time so don't stay away to long." She advised before waving them out the door. As Roana promised, there was no one around in the bar or outside. The narrow streets were mainly just occupied with cheap rental houses and bars, all of which had emptied their occupants onto the docks for a days work.

The same was true of the square Diesteth settled in, come evening it would be packed with people along with chairs and table sets that spilled out from the nearby bars. However during the day while everything was packed away and closed down there was plenty of room. Only a few food stalls remained open. Roana new all the narrow streets and bars well and she took the blue riders hand and lead Nicara to the square without a single wrong turn or hesitation.

When she saw the big blue she let out a cry of delight, released Nicara and jogged across the cobbles to greet him, curling her arms around his head she kissed his beloved snoot and hugged him to her. "Good job wing man. We got her there in the end. I hope you didn't get lonely all night up there." She told him still fussing his hide. However as she pulled away a few inches to look into his eyes, her own gaze caught something. A flash of dull green on Diesteths side almost hidden under his folded wings.

Frowning she stepped away and to the side to get better look at it. "Diesteth are you hurt?!" Alarm rung in her down and she hurried to the side in question to push away the blue's wing. There was ichor there! She gently put her fingers to it, it was completely dry! "Diesteth you utter dimglow, you over grown wherry with shells for brains. Why on earth didn't you tell me. You should know as well as anyone wounds like this can get infected, what on pern were you thinking? This should have been cleaned and soothed hours ago." She railed against the dragon even as she inspected the graze. True it wasn't that bad but it had still drawn blood! She rounded on Nicara next. "Did you know about this, s**t does the drinking mess up your connection?" Was this her fault.
Actually no, still mostly Diesteth's fault. "If you couldn't get Nicara cause she was too drunk you should have reached out to me! I know you can. Let us on right now, we're going back to the weyr and getting this sorted."  

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:44 am
Looking up at the much taller woman that had spoken of Roana so well Nicara offered her a smile that came from a genuine place within her of tapped love. Both of them cared about the redhead after all and that immediately won her a space of affection in her normally guarded heart, though she was doing her best to make certain that she didn’t make that armor too strong anymore. Everything that she had learned in the past few months, everything that she had been through last night, it had taught her that she needed be far more giving with her heart than in the past. This seemed like a fine time to do so.

“Of course, thank you very much for the use of that room. Sorry about… everything else.” A nervous laugh pulled from her as she bowed and allowed herself to be shooed out along with Roana into the morning sunlight.

Squinting as she peered about the rather empty streets, she felt a bit of unease for being in a hold without her dragon an arm’s reach from her, but at least she knew full well where the big blue was located and her steps picked up quicker the closer that they came. It wasn’t just a mix of concern and desire to see him, it was also that his presence being so far from her the entire night had left her feeling a bit needy. Having not eaten more than a piece of toast and drunk a cup of klah, she found her slim stomach giving a growl for the food vendors even as she walked past them, blue eyes only lingering for a moment as she was guided. The grip on Roana’s hand was tight but she slacked up the closer they got to the square, knowing what was coming as she wanted to do just that herself.

In fact a laugh pulled from her when it did happen, quiet and gentle, her steps stopping as she allowed her big blue to greet Roana on his own before she could do the same. If she stiffened up it was because of the ichor she saw marring his otherwise pristinely blue side and she had to fight her desire to rush forward and take a closer look for herself, knowing that he’d try and calm her down as he was surely about to do with the redhead when she expressed her alarm.

I’m glad this one finally loosened up enough to be of any use last night, even if she was quite drunk it was at least possible to tell both of you enjoyed it. Diesteth offered, nuzzling his nose against Roana’s shoulder as she pulled his delicate head into a hug, being only one of two that would ever be allowed to do so. A hum of happiness came from deep in his chest that turned into a low creel at her reprove of his injury from the night before. It’s not as though it’s deep and a dragon cannot see so well under the water. There’s no need to worry, if I believed for one second it was bad enough that we wouldn’t be able to go Between and get home I’d have let you know.

Turning his head to cast one blue eye on Roana and his rider, Diesteth didn’t even flinch at the hands placed up on the graze, sure he was stiff but it didn’t hurt to the touch anymore, just to move. Something he of course relayed to his rider when he began to sense a spinning crush of concern that paled in comparison to what she’d been feeling since the night before. Nicara’s hand was gentle as she ran it above his graze and she took stock of what it would need as soon as they got back, and it would need it immediately. Both of her eyebrows pulled together as something like grief settled into her stomach for her injured dragon, disregarding his comforting words and thoughts as she blamed herself thoroughly. Diesteth had only been injured once and it had been while fighting Thread, she’d felt just as bad then, if not worse in fact, but this time she could have done something if she hadn’t been drunk.

“No… this is my fault.” Nicara’s hand moved from Diesteth’s side to her own where the pain from last night had been just before she’d gotten drunk. “I knew it but someone didn’t tell me it was this bad. Let’s get going so I can fix this, right now.” Her expression went from pained and slammed into emotionless once more as her anger at herself locked down upon her as the big blue settled into a position that Roana could climb on at.

She felt a disgrace.

Sinders Path

[IC RP] Holds & Halls

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas