Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Mission Archive
World War Arc Team Mission 3 - Blitzkreig Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:14 am
Darts lands near the Pokecenter as well, watching all of the military hustle and bustle around all of them as the Snagems try to fit into the mix. Officer Jennys were hustling back and forth with Growlithe at their heels, and blue-uniformed police officers would be right behind them on the streets of the city. Clearly they knew Flare was on their way here, coming across the bridge and were determined to do anything they could to get defenses ready. The gambler found it a bit odd - last time they had been attacking a city that had been occupied and this time they were preparing to defend one as occupiers.

He looks over at Ulla and the rest of them gathered in a happy knot and he reaches out a golden hand to Snag one of the passing officers. Clearly they were expected to be here as not a single one of the passing soldiers had turned in their direction. "Where is Lieutenant Surge?" He asks, trying to do his best with his startling form and blood red eyes to not scare the Jenny to death.

"O-oh!" To her credit she doesn't start or run away from Darts. "You were the ones the Lieutenant said were coming!" She points over her shoulder off at the Ferris Wheel towering over all of them. "He's over at the ferris wheel right now... something about getting a surprise ready for those 'no-good Flares' he said." A whistle blows urgently and she swallows nervously. "Uh-oh, gotta go. War waits for no one!" And with that she's off.

Darts looks at the Snagems surrounding him. "You lot heard her - the ferris wheel."

--

Arkelos

After putting on his Flare Uniform, Arkelos plays it low until he gets across enemy lines. Taking off his SNAG device and placing it in the bag; he tells Alakazam to return to his pokeball, Grabbing the bag he goes down the alley to look for a way out of the city.

Arkelos would hear growling quickly growing in the alleyway behind them. Clearly one of the Indigo Alliance member's Pokemon were on their tail, having caught wind of the Flare Uniform.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:21 am
User Image
||Ulla Hanabi||

Ulla was startled when she heard Darts speak to all of them. She looked over to the ferris wheel then looked back at everyone. "Well I guess we will all brainstorm over there. I have a few ideas, but I'm sure some others have already thought of it way before me." She said as she started walking towards the Ferris Wheel with Dragonair. As she made it to the Ferris Wheel, she noticed a familiar face as it was Lt. Surge.

"Lt. Surge. It's good to see you again, wish we met in a different situation. Thank you again for bringing me back to my team when I was injured by that self-destruct." She said as she held out her hand to the giant gym leader. She looked back at everyone who was coming to the ferris wheel. "Everyone this is Lt. Surge, he is the guy who is in charge of the alliance. Lt. Surge, you've already met Wren and Keiko. These are most of the other people from our group."  

Cecile Silverstone

Arkelos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:23 am
Atlantis_Darts
Arkelos would hear growling quickly growing in the alleyway behind them. Clearly one of the Indigo Alliance member's Pokemon were on their tail, having caught wind of the Flare Uniform.

Arkelos stopped in his tracks. "Perfect timing." Arkelos said with a smurk. "Alright Alakazam; I'm gonna need you to make us invisible. Remember, patience is key." He whispered.

Moments later, shadows where cast down the alley way, "They're close, let's get a move on. When i say deploy do it just as we practiced." Arkelos said recalling his pokemon. Running down the alley, trying to be as quiet as possible. they come to a turn, that faces the entertainment district. "Oh this is not good, Snagem's should be showing up here any minute. Not to mention the bridge is just down the road. I need to find another way, or i'll have more fire on my butt than a charizard." He said slipping back into the shadows.

"Alakazam, we may need that shield sooner than expect. Wait for my signal." Running past the left turn Arcway; a glimps look caught a Growlithe sniffing the area, with a voice not far behind. "This might prove more problematic than i thought. There has to be a way out of these back areas, maybe the sewers could be of some help." he said with anticipation.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:36 pm
Sub was just a little bit late to arrive for reasons unknown, the man's pants a little wet but besides that he arrived just in time to hear their proper rendezvous location was the ferris wheel. Without a word he promptly headed towards the eastern side of the city where the amusement park, and the ferris wheel, was located. Fortunately he had been here before like the others, also during 'eventful' times. Either way he felt good about this one, because for once he wasn't just reacting, he was going to act first. And unbeknownst to Flare and his teammates he had already done just that, now just to wait and do as he usual does; fight.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:36 pm
Reno would watch as Aile drew out her staff, giving a smile as he grabbed the small green gem that hung around his neck in almost unconscious response. "There's nothing wrong in walking away sometimes. But I will gladly make sure you won't have to attack any of your countrymen." Reno said, giving a quick motion towards the ferris wheel before beginning to walk forward. "Well, lets go. Time to see what sort of plan we've been roped into."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:14 pm
Odd and Wren took note of the various Snagems gathering, of whom the former recognized or knew already. Wren, on the other hand, knew only a few of them so far. Namely, Odd, Ulla and Keiko of whom he could see at the moment. However, regardless of the infinitely small number of individuals Wren had come to know personally, he was no less willing to assist in the defense of his country. Even if it meant bringing a degree of immediate harm to prevent more in the future.

Following after the others after he heard the Giratina hybrid asking about where to find Lt. Surge. "I know little about that man beyond his years of service in the military." He said more to himself than anyone else. "But I don't need to know much more than that to trust he knows what he's doing." He decided aloud.

"Lieutenant Surge is a world renowned military tactician." Odd replied to Wren's verbal self-reassurances. "His reliance upon Electric-type Pokemon is little more than eccentricity born of his personal experiences."

"I knew as much." Wren responded, a tiny bit annoyed by Odd's attempting to educate him. "But none of his past matters so much as the future he is going to help us secure." He replied rather curtly. "Personally, I never look back. It distracts from the now."

Crossing the distance between the Pokemon Center and the ferris wheel in the amusement park, the pair soon found themselves looking up at it's majesty. Lights off as they were, the immense structure was no less beautiful than it would have been were they glittering like rhinestones on a bedazzled pinwheel in motion. "I always wanted to ride this thing as a kid..." Wren reminded himself. "I never got the chance, unfortunately."

"When this is over, We'll bring you back and let you experience it." Odd assured him, a hand on his shoulder.

Far off to the West, Lykas released Naiad, Cordelia and Lux. "Naiad, use Rock Blast. Cordelia use Rock Tomb!" He directed the pair. The two dual types nodded and as the Relicanth erupted stone pillars in front of the entrance to Chargestone Cave, the Corsola hauled rocks of slowly increasing size from the earth around her to fill in the gaps between Cordeila's spires. When Lykas felt like there was enough stone to finish the job, he recalled his Water-types and looked to Lux. "Lava Plume. Melt the rocks together and make it impossible for Flare to get through!" He instructed. The Quilava nodded and stomped a foot on the ground for a moment before, with a gurgling growl, he unloaded a massive gout of liquid flames and a burst of soil from beneath himself. The two elements combined in the air in order to create a lava floe that washed over the pile of stone the prior two Pokemon had created and, as the stones heated up to nearly white-hot beneath the lava, they melded together into a solid wall with the cooling magma forming a solid outer shell protecting the inner stones and any of their remaining cracks from being broken apart easily.

"Time to get to the other side of the mountain." Lykas decided, recalling Lux to his ball before diving into the small river near the Chargestone Cave entrance. He planned to sneak around to the far side of the mountain and attempt to block off the northwest by land entirely. Flare could still cross through the forest on the eastern side if they wanted to and could use that as their way around to Mistralton and Icirrus Cities, after all.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:12 pm
Atlantis_Darts
"...sorry." Chiding herself for not being on top of things or actually doing something, Amaranth hurried over to the ferris wheel mentioned, ready to just let Gale back out at any moment. "Is there anything else you can brief us about here? The more we know, the better we can prepare and act," she spoke up. "We were told quite a bit as we got here, don't get us wrong, but we can't afford to be ignorant here."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:27 pm
"Greetings," I said calmly to Lt. Surge. I knew of him - he was the third gym leader of the Kanto Circuit. I'd never met him in person before, however. "So, what's the plan?" I asked, cutting right to the chase.

Keiko smiled and waved at Lt. Surge. She didn't talk to him in the Drawbridge mission, but she knew him from there.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:32 pm
A small smile would find its way onto Aile's face as Reno reassured her, thankful that the psychic had her back. "Yeah, no kidding. It'll probably be interesting at least."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:21 pm
"The ferris wheel?" Freth said. "Huh...could have thought better parts to fight people at but whatever. However, as Freth mused over this, I had a thought...one long since buried that came forth and hit me as if I forgot that I left the oven on. "Blizzard, what's wrong?"

"I wonder what happened to the Cipher peon guy that I left stuck up in the gondola at the top of the ferris wheel years ago." I said.

"..............what?"

"Never mind." I then rushed off to go join whatever fray there may be.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:07 pm
Cecile Silverstone
"Lt. Surge. It's good to see you again, wish we met in a different situation. Thank you again for bringing me back to my team when I was injured by that self-destruct." She said as she held out her hand to the giant gym leader. She looked back at everyone who was coming to the ferris wheel. "Everyone this is Lt. Surge, he is the guy who is in charge of the alliance. Lt. Surge, you've already met Wren and Keiko. These are most of the other people from our group."
SubonicXP
Sub was just a little bit late to arrive for reasons unknown, the man's pants a little wet but besides that he arrived just in time to hear their proper rendezvous location was the ferris wheel. Without a word he promptly headed towards the eastern side of the city where the amusement park, and the ferris wheel, was located. Fortunately he had been here before like the others, also during 'eventful' times. Either way he felt good about this one, because for once he wasn't just reacting, he was going to act first. And unbeknownst to Flare and his teammates he had already done just that, now just to wait and do as he usual does; fight.
Requiem of Whyspers
"Lieutenant Surge is a world renowned military tactician." Odd replied to Wren's verbal self-reassurances. "His reliance upon Electric-type Pokemon is little more than eccentricity born of his personal experiences."

"I knew as much." Wren responded, a tiny bit annoyed by Odd's attempting to educate him. "But none of his past matters so much as the future he is going to help us secure." He replied rather curtly. "Personally, I never look back. It distracts from the now."

Crossing the distance between the Pokemon Center and the ferris wheel in the amusement park, the pair soon found themselves looking up at it's majesty. Lights off as they were, the immense structure was no less beautiful than it would have been were they glittering like rhinestones on a bedazzled pinwheel in motion. "I always wanted to ride this thing as a kid..." Wren reminded himself. "I never got the chance, unfortunately."

"When this is over, We'll bring you back and let you experience it." Odd assured him, a hand on his shoulder.
Darksol88
"...sorry." Chiding herself for not being on top of things or actually doing something, Amaranth hurried over to the ferris wheel mentioned, ready to just let Gale back out at any moment. "Is there anything else you can brief us about here? The more we know, the better we can prepare and act," she spoke up. "We were told quite a bit as we got here, don't get us wrong, but we can't afford to be ignorant here."
TerashiLeonGoken
"Greetings," I said calmly to Lt. Surge. I knew of him - he was the third gym leader of the Kanto Circuit. I'd never met him in person before, however. "So, what's the plan?" I asked, cutting right to the chase.

Keiko smiled and waved at Lt. Surge. She didn't talk to him in the Drawbridge mission, but she knew him from there.
Blizzard120
"The ferris wheel?" Freth said. "Huh...could have thought better parts to fight people at but whatever. However, as Freth mused over this, I had a thought...one long since buried that came forth and hit me as if I forgot that I left the oven on. "Blizzard, what's wrong?"

"I wonder what happened to the Cipher peon guy that I left stuck up in the gondola at the top of the ferris wheel years ago." I said.

"..............what?"

"Never mind." I then rushed off to go join whatever fray there may be.
Reno Vantas
Reno would watch as Aile drew out her staff, giving a smile as he grabbed the small green gem that hung around his neck in almost unconscious response. "There's nothing wrong in walking away sometimes. But I will gladly make sure you won't have to attack any of your countrymen." Reno said, giving a quick motion towards the ferris wheel before beginning to walk forward. "Well, lets go. Time to see what sort of plan we've been roped into."

The ferris wheel was not powered up, as Odd and Wren had so astutely noted, but it looked, as the Snagems approached, that soon enough it was going to be. Lt. Surge is deep in talks with what appears to be several engineers. The military man is coated with splotches of oil, a wrench dangling from his hand, and while he looks exhausted as he nods in response to whatever it is the engineer is saying to him, his blue eyes are still vibrant and alert beneath his brow - clearly a man prepared to weather the coming storm.

"Ten-hut!" He shouts at the assembled Snagems before letting out a rush of air upon seeing Ulla, Keiko, and Wren. "Oh it's you guys. So this is the rest of your platoon, is it?" He gives the rest of the group a thorough look through and then nods, with a roguish smile. "Glad to have you all here in our time of crisis and all." He turns and walks towards the ferris wheel, at the base of which is a large turbine-looking generator with a cavalcade of wires and antennas that crawl up to the top. Surge's Raichu has grabbed one of the seats reachable from the platform, and looks fairly comfortable strapped in behind one of the safety guards. "Rai! Rai!" It greets Surge and the other Snagems with a cheery wave that rocks its seat back and forth.

"As far as we can tell, Flare has already begun moving troops across the bridge. Their numbers, from preliminary reports of our naval vessels stationed near the drawbridge appear to be quite large. They also have armor - tanks for those of you not into military lingo, I believe you've ran into them before." Surge continues, walking up to the machine, tossing his wrench into a nearby toolbox as he goes. "Basically, our needs are two-fold. We need to defend this city, without blowing up the bridge out there. To that end, I have created this." He raises a hand to point up at the antennas and various spokes wound around the ferris wheel, some of which are jutting out towards the western edge of town. "Some of you may have heard of this. It's called a rail gun. Well, I guess to put it more accurately this time it should be called a rail cannon. It's my ace in the hole to even our numbers discrepancy, but it's going to take time to charge enough electricity to get it active. If we leave it up to fate or good old turbine power, running the ferris wheel normally, it should be charged... about two hours after we get overrun."

Sensing the questions that were going to be coming, Surge raises his hand to forestall everyone. "Now, obviously that isn't an option. Let's get to the meat of what you people are going to be involved with." He unrolls a map of the area, pointing down at the Eastern bank that was still controlled by friendly forces. "They are moving across the bridge and should be here in no more than twenty to thirty minutes. You all, I want to split into three groups - tentatively titled the defense, power, and sabotage groups. The defense group will go to the edge of town alongside my troops and help in preparing for and defending against the oncoming onslaught. Those with the most battle experience and the least afraid of getting killed, pardon my bluntness, should go here as it's in the thick of the fighting. You will be staring down the oncoming Flare troops as they charge the town. The power group," Here he points over at the rail...Ferris wheel cannon amalgamation he has assembled.

"Will be tasked with assisting us in getting our necessary jump in power. My plan is, with enough Electric type Pokemon riding the Ferris wheel and outputting electricity high into the atmosphere we should be able to ionize the immediate atmosphere and cause a massive thunderstorm. One enormous bolt drawn by the Ferris wheel's height and all of the little lightning rods we have riding the thing should give us enough power to get operational for at least one devastating artillery strike right at the heart of their forces. People who have electric Pokemon to spare and are ready for a bit of a scrap should go in this group, as we're going to need some more sparkplugs than just the couple I got."

"Rai! Rai!" Surge's Pokemon interjects stubbornly, cheeks sparking at being called a sparkplug.

"Yeah yeah," He says, waving down his Pokemon's protests. "You're not a sparkplug you're a whole electrical system. Stop being grumpy with me just because you can't surf on your tail."

"Rai..." The Raichu grumbles, crossing its arms.

"The final group might have a job even more dangerous than the defense group. The sabotage group is going to be a small group of no more than five people." He looks towards Ulla, Wren, and Keiko. "In my professional opinion, you three should lead it as where you are headed you have already been before. While we have most of the army distracted with the fighting and the lightning from the sky, your guys' job will be attempting to sneak past the oncoming army, to the no doubt defended bridge controls, and attempting to raise the drawbridge in order to cut off their escape and reinforcements." He looks around at the assembled Snagems."If anyone has a better plan or questions, now's the time to raise them. In five minutes I want you formed up in your groups and getting ready for combat and we are running out of time."

Darts looks back and forth at the assembled group, his arms crossed as he considers his decisions. "This whole sabotage group sounds like a bit of a suicide mission. I'll go with that group, might be fun."

Requiem of Whyspers
"Time to get to the other side of the mountain." Lykas decided, recalling Lux to his ball before diving into the small river near the Chargestone Cave entrance. He planned to sneak around to the far side of the mountain and attempt to block off the northwest by land entirely. Flare could still cross through the forest on the eastern side if they wanted to and could use that as their way around to Mistralton and Icirrus Cities, after all.

Lykas would discover his work to be very uninterrupted, for the moment it looked as though whatever scouts Flare might have sent in this direction either aren't this far out or have not discovered him yet.

Arkelos
"Alakazam, we may need that shield sooner than expect. Wait for my signal." Running past the left turn Arcway; a glimps look caught a Growlithe sniffing the area, with a voice not far behind. "This might prove more problematic than i thought. There has to be a way out of these back areas, maybe the sewers could be of some help." he said with anticipation.

There seemed to be sewers all over the town, but big manhole covers covered each and every one, bolted down with the standard safety bolts. Moving them would be possible, but they were heavy, and the sniffing had turned to barking and a general state of alarm as the Growlithe behind Arkelos pick up speed, leading the cordon of troops towards his location.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:20 pm
"I guess my fate's been determined already," Keiko shrugged, glad to get the vote of confidence from the lieutenant despite not feeling very confident herself. With that decided, she turned to look at me. "What will you do?"

At that, I let my Alolan Raichu out of her ball. "I'll leave Yuki to to you," I said, looking Surge in the eye. "She can help charge your weapon. She's the only Electric-type I have, though. The rest of my Pokemon are coming with me to the front lines."

"That's not a good idea," Keiko retorted, looking me in the eye. "You heard him say you could die, right? We can't be together if that happens."

'Don't worry. If I can't Teleport to safety when I need to, I can ride Sparrow to safety. She's big enough to fly me now that she's a Talonflame," I explained, hugging her again before walking toward the front lines.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:38 pm
Looking over the area as he heard the explanation from Lt. Surge, Reno knew that they had successfully come across a man whop would look more insane than he used to and they were still going to listen to this slice of pure stupidity and hold my beer. And of course the easiest route for him to keep his promise had already gotten a full party to commit sabotage. All that was left was the charge team and the warfare team and he knew that warfare was the absolute worst way to do this. Of course, Aile didn't have any electric Pokemon to use for the charging team. Reaching down into his bag, Reno would quickly palm a pair of Pokeballs before slipping them into Aile's hand as he stepped forward. "I nominate myself for the defense team. I have the Pokemon and the experience to handle this sort of work." Reno said, turning towards Aile as he continued speaking to Surge. "And I believe that Aile here would prove useful for the power team given her Alolan Raichu and Elekid that she has. Right, Aile?"

Not waiting for a response from the likely stunned thief, Reno would march to the front of the gathered troops and stand at the head of the troops. "Well boys. Who wants to live forever? And who wants to show that we aren't going to let this sort of madness stand?" Reno shouted, raising his sole arm into a closed fist salute before he turned towards the edge of town and began to move towards where they had been indicated to go for the defensive mission.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:01 pm
Aile's eyes drifted over to the group designated for sabotage and noted Darts joining them. The amount of people, combined with some of her past interactions with the gilt hybrid, pretty much ruled her out of that group. She was about to mutter something about her luck when Reno had palmed her the Pokéballs almost as soon as she brought down her arm from her staff. The thief would stare at her hand, blinking rapidly before nodding. "I, uh... yeah, that's right," she agreed, holding up the Pokéballs.  

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:21 pm
Amaranth would look to the lieutenant before her, then the others that spoke up. Then, to Lt. Surge again, realizing that despite the choices before her, her role was pretty much already picked for her. The sabotage group seemed to be handled, especially with Darts joining the other three. The power group... well, she'd have to leave that to the others. Assisting in conjuring a thunderstorm powerful enough to charge such an unlikely weapon was something she just couldn't do. Other than her Pelipper, maybe she could assist. Even then, providing defense seemed like the best option- and one where she'd be fairly useful.

"I'll... here," she finally spoke up after a bit, sending out her Pelipper. "She should be able to help with the storm. I'll provide defense otherwise, I don't think it'd be useful for someone staying for this when only one of their Pokemon can do what's needed. The more of us that can defend, the better... I think?" Despite sounding unsure of herself, inexperience in warfare speaking volumes for her, she felt she might be on the right track. Maybe.  
Team Mission Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff