Submit

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:48 am
A contented rumble echoed through the cavern from Atalith, the sleek bronze always did enjoy being stroked or scratched in just the right way. He liked this girl as well, not the Felis she liked to take to dull the pain of everything, but her. She seemed sweet enough, even when she had been wracked with the pains of withdrawal. Anyone can be sweet to get what they want... R'tansky through this thought at the bronze as he began to prepare the wherries he had caught earlier that morning. She is still nice now, she never questioned why you brought her here, made her bathe...

The bronze's attention was brought back to Lila as she spoke, still enjoying the feel of her hand upon his nose. His eyes slowly changed from the content blue to a dull grey at her words. He felt for the poor girl, was saddened how life had taken this change for her. He reached, tentatively, into her mind wanting to trace her thoughts carefully, especially now that she had been thinking about her past. She was no one? Not worth the time of day? Flecks of red whirled in with the grey now as he brought his head closer to her, pressing it gently against her.

You are not no one, even though a drudge. You are also worth quite a lot! Mine stopped to help you, didn't he? He hasn't even asked for anything in return. He has given you clean clothes, soaps that had been meant as a gift so many turns ago for his wife, and..

"Atalith!"

R'tansky had turned his head now, staring with narrowed eyes at the bronze. The dark rusted bronze head turned to look at his rider, eyes whirling with some confusion. I only thought... You are telling too much...We do not need to know one another's life story. We will probably never see one another again. The man slowly turned back to his work, placing the wherries onto the spit before beginning to work with vegetables.But Mine, she has potential! She would make a great candidate!

"And a weyr will never allow her into the program as she is, hooked on Felis." The words were ripped out of his mouth, not bothering with just sending it to Atalith. "Enough, I need to finish dinner."

Turning his wedged shaped head away from R'tansky, Atalith laid it down near Lila, letting out a huff of breath, before speaking to her again. I am sorry...he is stubborn and....does not wish to talk about many things that happen to him. This time the sleek bronze kept the conversation just between he and Lila.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:24 am
BastetAmun

That voice again, reassuring, gentle. Clean, Food, Soap meant for a wife that she had to assume was gone. Looking the bronze over with those hazy eyes, he would see tears, tears that immediately disappeared with the shout. Why did the Bronze think she was worth something? It was clear to her that the man working on the food didn't. She wasn't worth anything, and why in Faranth's name would she go to a Weyr. Program...Weyr...She wasn't worth a weyr. Shards, she was barely worth the fuss they were causing. Fear and paranoia, anxiety, shot through her as the tears began to fall again. The large head beside her had the girl curling in to it. Atalith's cheek was cool, the hide smooth and comforting, and she started to trace patterns. R'tansky was right though, no matter what Atalith said. She knew what she was...an addict, a woman fallen from grace, from money.

Her head fluttered with so many thoughts that it was impossible to catch them all, like bugs fluttering around her. Thoughts like thread, scoring everything they touched. Doesn't matter if he's right. No one would take me. I got tossed away by the person I loved all because of felis...and he's just feeling sorry for a waif. Watch. He'll toss me out in less than a week... Oh, she was SO sure of this....So sure.  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Generous 100

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:23 pm
Atalith pressed hes head against Lila more, seeing a reassuring burst of love towards her. Mine does not believe you are not worth anything. He has kept himself closed off from others for so long, this is the first time he has decided to help anyone in such a long time. He wanted to help her feel better, to help her understand that there was a better life then what she was living. His hearts ached to see her like this, the potential of what she could have been just wasted to that numbing drug.

He knew Atalith was probably still conversing with the woman, the way she was curled against the bronze's head, leaning on him for support. His words had probably been harsh but, he was still afraid of what he was doing. He hadn't helped anyone in so long and now, out of the blue, here he was taking in some addicted drudge.

Plating the food up, R'tansky moved over to where Lila was, placing the food down on the ground in front of her, before he moved and sat just a little bit away from her, still giving her space. "That program I mentioned...Atalith thinks you have what it takes to be a candidate." He stabbed a piece of grilled root onto his fork and at it, chewing for a moment.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:24 am
BastetAmun

That had her smiling, before she began to hum to the bronze. Dragons must like music, and while she wasn't a GREAT singer by any means, she still had a decent voice. The food was the only thing that stopped her, the girl pulling it back and starting to eat, thinking over what R'tansky was saying. A Candidate...Some of the most important people on Pern, keeping the weyrs filled in case of small ones...like were coming soon. She knew about the recent flights. Curling in to herself, she stared at her food,letting out a noise of irritation, "...Don't think they'd take a sharding person like me....i'm too messed up. I've fallen too far." She was high right now, and self-deprecation became a bit easier to fall in to in this state.  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Generous 100

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:47 pm
Focusing on eating his food for the moment, R'tansky felt the mental nudge of Atalith, the bronze staring at him. He didn't like hearing her speak bad about herself either, not after she had told them what happened. Falling in love and being taking advantage of didn't mean you were worthless. "I assure you, if you had fallen too far Atalith wouldn't have thought there would be a chance." He shrugged his shoulders as he speared a piece of wherry. "But they won't take you with how you are now, and no one that doesn't want to be there will ever be made to." He placed the piece of wherry in his mouth, chewing once more.

Could you see yourself as a dragonrider? Atalith still made sure his thoughts to here were gently, trying to reassure her and comfort her.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

[IC RP] Holds & Halls

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces