Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
The Lane Residence Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Trickblues

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:39 pm
User Image
User Image
JONAH CASTOR LANE
RavenclawSecond YearTwelve Years Old

» Summer 2043 » Home » Status: Proud Big Brother

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

“Aw, boo,” Jonah sighed. He had really been hoping to hear him trip tomorrow morning, especially after Orion’s prank the morning before. Hot sauce in shampoo was not cool. He supposed he could sneak in there tonight once he was back asleep, but… He shrugged it off for now. “Yeah, that’s him. Orion’s my big brother. He’s in secondary school. The little one’s Rhea,” He smiled fondly at the mention of his baby sister, “She just got her magic! Isn’t that brilliant? She’ll be with us at Hogwarts in a couple more years... Although I think she’ll be more interested in the mermaids in the lake than actually learning any spells. She didn’t really seem interested in the whole witch thing to begin with.”

═════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
Stefan Lee Salvatore

Hm, a curious mind, an adventurous spirit!
Oh, you could do so well in so many places, my boy
Legacy or not, I see you going far
But, let's see then... I think, for you, it'll be

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:56 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
User ImageSecond Year SlytherinUser Image
▬▬"Just as there are two sides to every story, there are two sides to every person. " ▬▬

Vespera grinned, "Oh don't worry, he'll probably still trip. I can move stuff around on my way out!" Vespera was thrilled with the idea, messing with people, WITH Jonah's permission was a great way to go. "Although, if Orion is your big brother, why isn't he at Hogwarts? He should be there shouldn't he? Or is there some secondary school for Hogwarts that I'm unaware of?" She was intrigued by this older brother, she was sure there would be plenty of the little one once she joined Hogwarts, and until then, she would eventually meet her when she came at a normal time. "I mean, you're a wizard, your sister is a witch, isn't Orion a wizard?" THe whole concept of a muggleborn being born with magic barely made sense, the idea that a muggle could be born in a family of magic definitely didn't make sense.

▬▬ "Within each of us is the capacity for both good and evil." ▬▬

Where: The Grotto
With Whom: Sleeping Jonah
Thinking about: Deep Stuff for 3 AM
Vespera Description: Short 4'2", blond hair, green eyes and slight tan.
Wearing:
User Image

OOC:

Trickblues

_____

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Trickblues

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:47 am
User Image
User Image
JONAH CASTOR LANE
RavenclawSecond YearTwelve Years Old

» Summer 2043 » WHERE » Status: Slightly uncomfortable

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

“No, no extra secondary schools or anything like that...” Jonah pulled his knees up to his chest and rested his chin on top of them, looking a bit uncomfortable with the subject. It wasn’t at all that he was ashamed or embarrassed to talk about it, more-so… Guilt.

“Orion’s what the magical community calls a ‘Squib’. He doesn’t have any magic, even though our Mum's a witch, so he goes to muggle school.” He sighed, glancing over at Vespera. “It used to bug him for the longest time, you know, when I got magic and he didn’t. Got a bit nasty for a while there, but he stuck up for me when there was some family squabbling and he’s been a good brother since.” Jonah shrugged his shoulders, “I feel bad for him though. I've only heard stories, but our Dad's side of the family was always super anti-magic. Grandma and Grandpa Lane weren't very kind to him until he found out about being a squib... But then the magical community tends to shun people like that. So he was kind of damned if he did, damned if he didn't. It's stupid--it's not his fault for how he was born, you know? But adults don't really seem to have logic when it comes to these things.”

OOC:
Stefan Lee Salvatore

Hm, a curious mind, an adventurous spirit!
Oh, you could do so well in so many places, my boy
Legacy or not, I see you going far
But, let's see then... I think, for you, it'll be

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:31 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
▬▬"Just as there are two sides to every story, there are two sides to every person. " ▬▬

"I've heard of squibs, there's controversy if they're worse than the mudbloods or muggles with no magic, or if they are a step above mudbloods, because at least they have magical parents," Vespera stopped, because she couldn't hurt Jonah's feelings. They had just talked about muggle status, and Vespera had to try to think of the different views. She smiled at Jonah, "I'm sure Orion is a great guy. I mean, just look at his younger brother." She nudged Jonah in the shoulder, "I want to meet him, can I meet him Jonah?" She swung her legs over the bed, then stopped. "Oh no... it's too early in the morning to go through your house..." She grinned devilishly, she had a plan. She grabbed Jonah's phone and typed:

Jonah 3:52 AM: Hi my name is Vespera. In Jonah's room.

She sent the message and nodded, "Now he'll come to us Jonah! Isn't that great! A lot less effort on our part." She froze, realizing the consequences of her text, "He's not going to tell your mom is he? You aren't going ot get in trouble are you?" Vespera worried, she wanted to meet the brother, but not get Jonah in trouble. It was to late for that, she could already hear the brother, hopefully, the parents wouldn't.

Wearing:
User Image

OOC:

Trickblues

_____

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Trickblues

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:33 pm
User ImageUser Image

ORION HARRISON LANE + JONAH CASTOR LANE

Squib | Rye Public High School | Fifteen Years Old | Teenage Daredevil | Rugby Team
Half-BloodRavenclawSecond YearTwelve Years OldThe Daily DragonReserve Beater

» Summer 2043 » Home
» Orion's Status: 'Shouldn't I be the one with a girl though...? He's like, 12.'
» Jonah's Status: Doomed

“I don’t know if that’s such a—Hey! What are you doing?!” Jonah gaped at Vespera as she snatched the phone from beside him and made quick work of the text. She said something, but to be quite frank he hadn’t paid much attention, the only thoughts crossing Jonah’s mind were ‘Well, this is it. I’m doomed.’

He noticed the concerned look on her face and shook his head quickly, pulling himself back together and out of whatever mortified face he was making. “No, he won’t tell…” He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose in frustration as he heard a muffled voice and stumbling about on the other side of the wall. “But I can say goodbye to my freedom for the rest of the Summer, that’s for sure.”

Orion’s voice was heard grumbling from across the doorway. “Jonah, I swear to god if you’re lying I’m going to kick your—“ The door swung open, and Orion paused upon seeing a tiny blonde sitting comfortably under the covers. “—Uh.” The older Lane straightened, clearly caught by surprise. “You… Actually have a girl in your room. In your bed.” He looked to the girl and frowned, clear worry on his face. “Did he force you in here?” “Merlin, Rion, I didn’t—“ Jonah was interrupted when his brother had crossed the room to them, pushing down on the top of his head in a rough hair-tousle. “He didn’t infect you with his cooties or anything, did he? No gratuitous hand-holding or anything, right? Don’t be scared to tell me the truth, Sweetheart, I am more than happy to kick his sorry arse for your honor.” Rion glanced down to meet Jonah’s miffed gaze, a smirk pulling at his lips. Jonah wasn’t too thrilled with the situation, but Rion… Oh, this was enough blackmail to last him until he moved out. Busted.

OOC:
Stefan Lee Salvatore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:40 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃

Vespera shied away and half hid herself behind Jonah when Orion popped into the room. She almost burst out laughing when he said Jonah forced her into the room, but she stopped herself, not wanting to create more noise and wake up the sleeping angel girl. "He infected me with his cooties back at the beginning of the school year, so it's probably safe now." She said softly, trying to make light of the fact her, a girl, was sitting in a boy's bed. The boy was her best friend, and she had a slight crush on him, but that was it. She hadn't thought about how the situation could look. At least they were both fully clothed, one less thing for the brother to tease about. "I kinda forced Jonah to let me in here actually," Vespera smiled nervously, "he didn't want me to wake anyone up by wandering around, so no need for any punishment to Jonah." Vespera really hoped that Orion wouldn't tell the mother, and wouldn't give Jonah a hard time. Afterall, it was Vespera's impatience that put them in this situation. She could have waited until later to meet Orion! To be clear though, 3 AM was the best time to have deep conversations with Jonah though.

Wearing:
User Image

OOC:

Trickblues

_____

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Trickblues

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:33 pm
User ImageUser Image

ORION HARRISON LANE + JONAH CASTOR LANE

Squib | Rye Public High School | Fifteen Years Old | Teenage Daredevil | Rugby Team
Half-BloodRavenclawSecond YearTwelve Years OldThe Daily DragonReserve Beater

» Summer 2043 » Home
» Orion's Status: Having a blast
» Jonah's Status: Tired of this

Orion grinned and had a seat on the bed in front of them, half pretzel-style and half leg-dangling-off-the-edge. “He did, huh? So, what, you’re his girlfriend then? I don’t think Mum and Dad are gonna like this, Jonah,” He teased, clearly amused by the whole situation. In his entire life, Jonah had never had a friend over to their house, and now he was having a secret slumber party! Who cares if it's 4 AM, this was the opportunity of a lifetime. “Wow, Hogwarts sure has made you a changed man, hasn’t it?”

Jonah flushed, waving his hands in front of him defensively as he spoke. “No, no, you've got it all wrong! Don’t make this any weirder than it has to be, okay?” This was actually the worst. Sure, even Jonah could see where this could all be a bit questionable, and sure he might have had just the slightest crush on Vespera that he was about to admit to absolutely no one, ever, but the last thing he wanted was for Orion to make things awkward. He was one of her best friends! Then again, since this was Ves they were talking about, it'd probably be fine. He'd be more worried about Sonora in this situation, if he were being quite honest. 'But if it were Sonora, we wouldn't be in this situation to begin with...'

“Aww, how precious. Look how red your face is,” He snickered, “I bet you even have a cute pet name for her and everything, don’t you.”

The blonde looked away. “…No, shut up.”

“Hmm… I’m sensing false. I’m going to have to give you The Talk, aren’t I?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, but let’s not and say we did and you can get out and back to bed, okay? Come on, you’re going to wake Rhea, and if Rhea wakes up, we’re all dead.”

Rion rolled his eyes. “Uh, you two maybe, I don’t recall breaking any rules. I’m just victim to your constant gabbing. But… I won’t tell Mum, if your girlfriend tells me every embarrassing thing you did at school.” He grinned at Vespera, Ves, was it? Well, how about it? You woke me up, so tell me a story. I’m running low on material to use against this nerd.” Jonah rolled his eyes before pulling the blanket over him and curling up underneath the best he could with Orion taking up valuable leg space. “You all gossip all you want, I’m going back to sleep.” Also false.

OOC:
Stefan Lee Salvatore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:57 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃

"I'm not his girlfriend, we're too young for any of that," Vespera told a half-truth. They were too young for that likely but the two of them weren't there, and probably never would be. She figured Jonah had two best girl friends because he was gay. It also seemed he hadn't come out to this family yet, since Orion was so sure about females. Vespera grinned, she was ready to spill any of Jonah's stories. It was thrilling, and might keep Jonah out of trouble. "Well, one time he decided he was going to build an igloo office for himself, spent all day when he wasn't In class building it. I destroyed it though. He also fell out of his chair during class one day because of a sneeze. He's not the most graceful. Then another time, I threw some eggs at him, they were a bit rotten. We almost got detention for that, but Jonah smelt TERRIBLE." She paused trying to think of something else that had happened, and decided just those few would be quite a bit for Orion. It was strange, why didn't Jonah tell his brother about all the adventures they had at Hogwarts?

She stopped telling the brief stories, "I'd say you have enough to last you a while. Jonah is busy at school, when he's not doing homework or working for the paper, he's usually with Sonora and me. I'm sure Sonora could tell you more stories. Couldn't she Jonah? You two share the same common room, so you share more time together?" Vespera hoped that Orion would catch the bait she was throwing to tease Jonah some more.

Wearing:
User Image

OOC:

Trickblues

_____

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Trickblues

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:43 pm
User ImageUser Image

Delia Alya Lane + Rhea Allison Lane

Pureblood | Gryffindor Alumni | 33 Years Old | Astronomer | Loving Mother
Half-blood | Nine Years Old

» Fall 2043 » Home
» Delia's Status: Tired
» Rhea's Status: 'I didn't mean to...'

Today had been… The worst.

Rhea Lane laid her forehead against the cool glass of the window as she rode silently in her father’s car; the tension in the air thick enough to cut with a knife. School had only just started, and already Rhea had been sent home on suspension. She glanced over to her father, his knuckles white from his grip on the steering wheel. Marco had had to leave the hospital early just to get her… He was clearly upset about it, but… She hadn’t meant to do what she did. Rhea raised her head up as she started,

“Daddy—“

“Not now, Rhea.”

She frowned, but persisted. “I didn’t—“

“I said not now, Rhea.”

She sighed and fell back into her seat, gaze drifting out the window. As they drove up the hill towards their home, she could see Rye Harbor and the sea just off the horizon. It was only September, but already she was yearning to get back to the Summer—before this whole magic mess started.

“Your mother should have listened.” Marco’s voice caught Rhea’s attention and she turned to him, expression lost and silently pleading for him to elaborate. “I understand that all witches and wizards have this ‘accidental magic’ phase… Your bodies are young and immature, and it’s a lot to deal with, and I can see how it would slip out… It’s dangerous, you know,” He sighed, “I wanted you home-schooled. Your mum insists that you should stay around your friends, but… Well, look how well that worked out for your brother.”

The little witch nodded, turning her sights to her suddenly much-more-interesting shoes. She’d be lying if she said dear old Dad didn’t have a point. She vaguely remembered her brother’s younger years—other kids thought he was a jinx with the way items seemed to mysteriously fall around him or break; it wasn’t much of a shock when classmates started avoiding him all-together. She couldn’t recall him ever bringing a friend home from school, either. It was always just she and him, with the occasional sprinkle of Orion. After today’s events, she wouldn’t be surprised if the same ended up happening to her. But homeschooling… That would be terribly lonely. It’s not like Jonah was there to keep her company, like she had with him, and Orion was around less and less these days. The thought was dreadful; no wonder her mother was against it.

“I understand that it’s difficult, but Rhea… I just cannot believe that you hurt that boy.”

“I didn’t mean to!”

“Darling, you shoved the boy a solid ten feet. His wrist is sprained, and he’s scraped up.”

Rhea crossed her arms in a huff. “I didn’t mean to, but that doesn’t mean he didn’t deserve it. The other kids didn't think much of it anyway--they just think I'm really strong.”

Marco shook his head. “Well whatever he did, you should have known better. You shouldn’t have shoved him. You should have gone to a teacher if he was bothering you. I thought you were more responsible than this, Rhea.”

Marco pulled the car into the driveway, stepping out of the car as Rhea tried in vain to defend herself. “But you don’t understand, Daddy, Todd was—“ The car door shut, cutting her off. She huffed. “This is so stupid…”

The door opened for her and the pair set forth inside their home. Once inside, Delia had come out of the kitchen to great them, clearly having just gotten in herself. “Oh, great, there you two are! So, what happened?” Delia looked down at her daughter, who looked away in shame and tugged at her heartstrings. “Rhea, what happened?”

“Darling, why don’t you let me talk to your mother for a moment?” Marco placed a hand on his child’s head affectionately. “Go to your room and get started on your homework, alright? You’re going to have a lot to do over the next week.”

“What? Why’s that?”

Rhea sighed, adjusting her backpack strap. “Yes, Daddy…” She turned to the hallway and dragged herself up the stairs, leaving the couple alone.

Delia turned to her husband, arms crossed and clear worry on her face. “Well? Marco, what happened?”

“What do you think happened, Della? She’s been suspended for a week.”

Delia gasped. ”Suspended!” She could hardly believe it. Not even Orion had been in that much trouble before! She took a seat at the kitchen table as she attempted to sort this information through in her mind. “What on Earth happened?”

“I haven’t gotten the full story yet. From what the teachers say, some boy in her class was messing with her and she pushed him, but her magic must have kicked in and now everyone’s thinking she’s got superhuman strength.” He pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration, “The boy sprained his wrist and was scraped up. He’s been suspended for two days.”

The mother gaped. “Two--two days, and Rhea gets a full week? You have got to be kidding me. He clearly must have started the whole mess. I’m going to ask her what happened, and we’re going to call the school and speak to the principal about this.”

“Della, it’s our word against that boy’s friends and his family. It’s not going to do us any good.”

“Do you even know what caused her to use magic?”

“I don’t know, I'm guessing the boy must have pulled her ponytail or something,” he stepped into the kitchen, Delia close behind as he continued and searched the fridge for his lunch box. “You know, the usual boy things. Probably just a kid with a crush.”

“Usual boy things,” She scoffed, “I certainly don’t recall raising our boys to do anything like that.”

“I’m just saying, if I knew you in third grade, I probably would have pulled on your pigtails too.” Lunch box retrieved, he closed the fridge door to greet his wife with a playful smile which promptly dropped upon seeing the unamused expression on her face. “...Right. Not the right time for that.” The man cleared his throat before stepping towards his wife, leaning in to peck her on the cheek. “Listen… I have to get back to the hospital and finish my shift. When I get home, you and I can sit down and talk to Rhea; I’m sure she could use the time to cool off. While we’re at it, maybe we could… reconsider our options.”

Delia huffed, turning on the kitchen faucet to start on dishes as her husband made way for the door. “We’re not reconsidering anything, she’s not going to be home-schooled.”

“Sweetheart, I don’t have time for this right now. I’m just saying we need to consider what is best for--”

“I know what is best for our daughter, and it’s not isolating her from the entire town!” she raised her voice as she whipped around to face him, slamming a hand on the counter. “What do you want me to do, Marco? Pull her from school, force her to quit ballet, quit my job just to keep her cooped up in here all day until she goes to Hogwarts? Come on, be reasonable!”

“Me? What about you?! You’re the one yelling!” The doctor grit his teeth, biting back harsh words. No sense in making things worse. “You could at least take her to work with you, instead of having me leave my patients. My work’s important, Delia.”

“Oh, and mine isn’t?!”

“Well you aren’t exactly saving lives, now, are you?”

The blonde’s jaw dropped, astonished. “You--you…. I’m a scientist! Just because I’m not ‘saving lives’ doesn’t mean my work isn’t important too, you arse."

“You’re missing the point. You don’t want her home-schooled, then just take her with you.”

“Are you kidding me? Rhea wouldn’t be able to handle that every day like Jonah did. I’d have to pull her from ballet, she’d never see her friends out of school, it’d be a disaster!”

“Then we’ll talk about it later! Delia, I have to go.” He turned to the door and Delia huffed.

“Fine! Put work before your kids, like always. I’ll just be here, actually looking after them!”

"FINE!”

The door slammed, and Marco was gone. Delia ran her fingers through her hair with an exasperated groan as she turned back to the dishes. “Why does it always have to be like this…?”

From the upstairs landing, the kids had heard everything. Rhea sat on the floor, back against the stair railings, head on Orion’s shoulder as quiet tears streamed down her face. Orion rubbed her shoulder soothingly as he watched his father linger from the front door window.

“I didn’t mean to make them fight…” Rhea whispered, rubbing at her eyes with the back of her hand.

“Shh, it's not your fault.” Orion kissed her on the top of her head. “Sometimes parents just argue, is all. They’ll get over it.”

It was somewhat true, he supposed. After all, no one in the house would ever blame Rhea for all of this, despite the fact that Rion had noticed the animosity between his parents steadily growing since she’d gotten her magic in June. He’d hoped to shield his siblings from it, and for the most part he’d done a well enough job, keeping them away from the house when Delia and Marco were going at it, but… After so many months, he was beginning to wonder if this rough patch was something their parents would be able to get over.

He really hoped so.

OOC:
Time to get this horrible plot on the roaaaaad
Username

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:54 pm
User ImageUser Image

ORION HARRISON LANE + Rhea Allison Lane

Halfblood | Ten Years Old | Aspiring Prima Ballerina + Mermaid Princess

» Winter 2043 » Home
» Orion's Status: Protective Big Brother
» Rhea's Status: Skating and Pizza and Ice cream? Yes.

“I can’t believe you!”

Hands slammed against the table, a chair screeching as it was shoved backwards when Delia abruptly stood. She was positively livid; how could her own husband go behind her back like that?

“Look, that isn’t the point right now, Delia—“

“You take what, one day off a month? And instead of spending it with, I don’t know, your loving family who misses you, you drive five and a half hours to Godric’s Hollow to what, prove a point?! Come on, Marco! Who even does that?”

It was Marco’s turn to hit the poor, abused table as he stood to meet eyes with his wife, raw anger burning in his chest. “I wouldn’t have had to drive down there if you had just sold the house like you said you would! I ask you to do one thing, Della, and I can’t even trust you to do that much!!”

“I couldn’t do it, okay?!”

“And why’s that?” The man glowered, “Was the market bad, or did you just want an out?!”

--

Orion sighed from his hiding spot, back against the wall on the other side of the archway. It seemed like the fighting was constant these days, and the teenager had no idea what he should do. His parents had been at each other’s throats since the moment Marco walked through the door—his mum just couldn’t bring herself to sell her childhood home, his dad decided to drive all the way to the west country just to prove a point, and now there was a whole issue about trust. Rion dragged his hand down his face in frustration, cupping over his lips. ‘This is a disaster… Rhea’s gonna be home any minute.’

Although Orion often teased his brother and sister, he took his responsibilities as the eldest sibling very seriously. If he could shelter them from the fighting until he knew for certain where this was leading, then that was exactly what he was going to do. Jonah wasn’t an issue, since he was currently off to school, but he would be returning home for Christmas Break soon, and what then? He hoped the holidays would bring a temporary truce for his parents, but who knew? Shielding Rhea was a difficult enough task on its own. After her suspension earlier in the year, it was obvious she knew something was going on, and she’d become much more reserved, often holing up in her room studying when she wasn’t with her friends or in ballet class. He knew what she was thinking: Maybe if she brought her grades up and kept to herself, Marco would think she’s doing better and stop insisting she be home-schooled, and stop arguing with Delia as a result. It tore Orion up inside knowing that his little sister was blaming herself for their parents’ struggling marriage.

With a glance to the old grandfather clock, he caught the time: 4:15. Rhea would be home any second—he couldn’t let her walk in to all of this. The sound of his parents cursing each other made him wince, and it was decided. With a quick trip to the hallway closet Orion pulled on his black winter coat, grabbed two sets of ice skates, and was out the door, being sure to close it as quietly as possible so as not to alert his parents.

His timing was perfect, as when he stepped outside he spotted Rhea with two of her ballet friends—Marcie and Anna, he thought—heading towards the house. Rhea was usually the first stop on the girls’ walks home. The trio were giggling and chatting animatedly, over what he wasn’t sure, but knowing Rhea’s friends it was probably about some boy in their class. A fond smirk tugged at his lips as she looked up to meet his gaze, a bright smile on her lips as she raised an arm in greeting. Rhea twirled, practically bouncing backwards as she parted from her friends with a “See you tomorrow!” and spun back around to meet him at the door.

“Rion!” She cheered, leaping up to sling her arms around his neck in a hug. Orion laughed as he caught her, holding her up with ease in one arm while he held the skates. “What are you doing? What’s with the skates? Are we going skating?! Oh please please please, are we?”

The older boy laughed at her enthusiasm, nuzzling his cheek against the top of her head affectionately. “Yup. I thought we’d hit the rink today. Gotta show off to Jonah when he gets back, right?” He let his sister slide back down to the ground, snickering as he had to adjust her flowery blue coat that had ridden up.

“Oh, absolutely!” She beamed. “Mum just taught me how to do a Lutz last week! I’d really like to perfect it before Christmas.”

“That’s the spirit!” Orion slung his arm over his sister’s shoulders as he led them away from the house. “We’ll let you get some practice in, you can help me pick up a girl, we can get some dinner at the Mermaid Inn on the way back… Sound good?”

Rhea frowned worriedly up at him. “It sounds fun, but… Rion, why don’t Mummy and Daddy come with us? Are they fighting again…?”

“Nah, nah, Mum and Dad are just…” He sighed before smiling down at her reassuringly, giving her shoulder a squeeze. “They left a note when I got home, said they were going on a date tonight. Nothing to worry about. I just figured since, you know, we’ll have the house to ourselves anyway, we should go and do something fun.”

The witch smiled up at him in return, her smile not reaching her eyes. “Okay, but instead of the inn, could we get some pizza and ice cream instead?”

“You know if you eat that stuff your stomach’s gonna be whining about it later,” He teased.

“Who cares? It’s delicious!”

“Fine, fine. I think I can swing that.”

Rhea hummed in approval as they began the trek down the hill of their street. She appreciated Rion’s attempts at comfort, but she wasn’t blind—their home life was falling into a downward spiral, and fast. It was only a matter of time until their parents reached a breaking point.

Until then, they could both use a distraction.

OOC:
Username

Trickblues

Trickblues

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:33 am
User ImageUser Image

Delia Alya Lane + ORION HARRISON LANE

Pureblood | Gryffindor Alumni | 34 Years Old | Astronomer | Loving Mother
Squib | Rye Public High School | Sixteen Years Old | Teenage Daredevil | Rugby Team
» Late Spring, 2044 » Home
» Delia's Status: At Peace
» Orion's Status: In Ruin

They had been fighting again. Over what, Delia could hardly tell anymore.

Lately it seemed as if all of the tension in the air of a once happy home had clouded over, a cold haze weighing heavily over her chipped shoulders. She had hoped over the past several months her children had remained blissfully unaware, but she knew that wouldn’t be giving them enough credit.

What used to be lively and full of love was now quiet and empty. It was no longer a home in her eyes, but instead a hollow shell of what once remained; a house left in ruins from day after day of war between two once lovers.

She was so tired of this—the arguing, betrayals, the withdrawal of her baby, the growing absence of her eldest, the way that although she lay with her husband every night, it was so cold. So lonely. There was no love there, not anymore. It was like lying with a perfect stranger.

No one was happy. She knew they couldn’t go on like this.

Which was why, shortly after Rion and Rhea had retreated upstairs for the night, Delia Lane had decided to voice what she and her once beloved had been dancing around for weeks.

“Marco?”

“Yes, Darling?”

“I think we should get a divorce.”

And that was that.

For the first time in what seemed forever, Delia had finally felt a sense of peace. Years of pulling back from her heritage, of putting up with dreadful in-laws, countless arguments, ignoring all the differences with hopes they would magically fix themselves, it all came down to this one decision—one decision that although had been the hardest to make, was met with welcome arms. Marco hadn’t fought it; if anything, a sigh of relief. They both knew that although they had once loved each other more than life itself, they had matured into two completely different people that were simply no longer compatible.

They sat at the kitchen table, papers strewn among them as they began to sort through their lives, determined to settle this among themselves without resorting to outside parties. The house was quiet, the only sounds the ceaseless tik, tok of the old grandfather clock and the moan of old wood above them in what Delia chalked up to be the sound of the house settling.

At the top of the stairs, Rion hesitated as the floors creaked underneath his boots. A soft light from the bottom of the steps alerted him that someone in the house was awake, and the last thing he needed was to be caught up and about at such an ungodly hour. A moment passed before he finally allowed himself to exhale and slip on his leather jacket. Whoever it was, he would have heard them if they had decided to investigate the noise. For now, he was safe.

He made it halfway down the steps before he slung a leg over the banister and hoisted himself over, landing softly on his feet on the other side and out of view from the kitchen. He was just about home-free, ready to abscond through the back door and hop the fence, when his mother's voice caught his attention.

“What are we going to tell the kids…?” Delia murmured.

Marco sighed, the chair squeaking beneath him as he leaned back. “What can we tell them but the truth? We’ll have to wait until Jonah gets home for the Summer. It would be better to break the news all at once…”

“I suppose you’re right.”

Rion froze in his spot. Oh, no. He did not like the sound of this. What were they going to tell them? It couldn’t be…

The chair landed with a thud once more as Marco leaned forward, clasping his hands together and looking deliberate. “I think Rion and Rhea need to stay here. Rhea can finish out her last year of school in Rye, and then when she’s off to Hogwarts, we can… Figure out a custody plan for the kids from there.”

“And how do you suggest making that work, Marco?” Della frowned, “You’re hardly home to look after them. You don’t want Rhea in school in the first place. Rion’s sneaking out every other night, how do you expect to raise the two of them on your own?

“Joseph can move in and—“

“Absolutely not. I won’t have him around Rhea after what happened with Jonah. If that’s your plan, she can stay with me in Godric’s Hollow and floo here for school.”

“Fine.” Marco laid his forehead against his knuckles as he thought things through. “Maybe we should send Rion off to boarding school? He’s better off with muggles, but you’re right, he’s going down a bad path here… Maybe some distance will do him some good.”

“I don’t know, Marco…”

“Why not? That’s all Hogwarts is, after all. A colleague of mine has a son who attends a boys’ school in London. I’ve heard excellent things about it…”

Rion could hardly believe what he was hearing. There was no doubt about it; his parents were splitting up and they were discussing tossing him away like nothing more than a nuisance. What would happen to Rhea? She needed her brothers right now, and with Jonah away at school, he wasn’t sure she could last a whole school year on her own. Certainly not in a new environment.

Anything else his parents had to say on the matter fell on deaf ears. Rion had been waiting for word of a divorce for months now, but separating the entire family? This was too much for the troubled teen right now. He was antsy. He needed to move. Needed to get out of there. He had friends waiting for him by the woods, and at that moment he needed the companionship and promised alcohol more than he needed to breathe. Silently as he could manage, he snuck out the back door and climbed the fence of his yard. Tomorrow, he knew he would have to figure this out. He would have to ease Rhea into the idea without completely ratting their parents out. As for Jonah… A letter. He’d been blind to everything going on at home, if he were to have everything dropped on him at once, well… Jonah was sensitive. He knew his brother wouldn’t be able to handle it. But that would be tomorrow. Tonight, he needed to sort things out for himself.

OOC:
Username

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out