Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[ORP] Heroes & Villains: The Double Clutch Hatching Feast Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Teiha

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:44 am
Karone

There was one Harper he knew of who could help with this. One who was always at events, who always carried his gitar, who seemed to be gifted with improvisation. He was unusually difficult to spot this time, for all the brightly-colored clothing and general cheer he was known for. So Kar began looking for the pale woman Ink, whose white skin was practically a beacon in a rainbow of gather finery. Ah. So that’s why Lucayr had been so hard to find. He was dressed in dark, muted colors today, his face far less lit up with mirth than was his custom.

The tall Harper bent to listen to the candidate’s whispers, his golden eyes going bright with somber delight at the boy’s request. At Lucayr’s firm nod, Karone turned to his cousin. “Le’x, we’re going to need Kratoth, too.” Then the three of them left the feast together to find a quiet place to prepare.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:36 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Herg'r and Hyglath
What a turn the day had taken!  He'd thought perhaps he'd be celebrating his son's Impression today, although it was fine that he wasn't, perfectly fine - it was only Orri's first time on the Sands, he had a decade of chances left ahead of him!  And even a bit more, as evidenced by the fact that it was Herg'r's own brother had Impressed.  Too old to stand with the candidates at most Weyrs, but not too old for a discerning dragonet to want anyway.  Herg'r had always felt guilty, as it had been impossible to miss how desperately Theo had wanted a dragon, but there was nothing he'd been able to do for it.  For all his friendliness and good cheer, Hyglath was an absolutely rubbish searchdragon, no affinity for it at all.  And no one else had ever sniffed the young man out.  Ah, but he did well enough for himself as a Harper, so it wasn't all bad!

And then more recently, he'd gone and made friends with a goldrider.  Good enough friends, in fact, that he hadn't even needed Herg'r to pick him up before the Hatching, or even sat with him!  Not that he was offended, no, he found it it all delightfully amusing.  He'd never have guessed Theo had it in him.  Who knew?  Maybe his little bronze had appreciated his taste in company.

On most other occasions, Herg'r would have gone straight to the food and drink, but this time, he had a brother to congratulate and a son to check on.  It was his brother he spotted first, largely because his glittering new partner was hard to miss.  That new partner was also the reason he resisted the temptation to come right up behind Theo and lift him up into an incredibly enthusiastic hug.  Wouldn't want to give the baby a start!  Not that the hug wouldn't happen, no, but he came from the front, arms and grin wide, giving him at least a moment or two to brace for the inevitable. "Look at you, little brother!  A baby bronzerider!"

Outside, Hyglath thrummed with cheer in spite of the somber or suspicious moods of some.  It was terrible that they had lost a baby, so tragic, but he couldn't be sad for long, not when there were so many to be happy for, and even if someone had misbehaved terribly.  There were babies every direction he looked! All so charming, so utterly adorable!  The scarred-up mountain of a bronze crooned at any who might so much as glance his way, tail lashing to and fro in excitement.  Babies!  Everywhere!!

ShinosBee
sry Theo, there is no escape.

Meepfur
Crew

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:56 am
Do we have to? Haloth was following Shanley uncomfortably. So many people! So many other dragons! Was Metlath here? Would she want to race? Maybe they could! There was space outside, wasn’t there? Maybe they could. The small blue trailed behind in his thought.

“Keep up,” Shanny said, looking behind her. She was smiling. “W’ill will be surprised, I think. He Impressed before you called to me.”

W’ill is your friend?

“I don’t know him that well, really,” Shanny admitted. “Mostly we’ve met up to debate wine or beer, but I think after the hatching, yeah, we’re friends.”

Then maybe I will be his friend too.

Shanny shook her head. She figured that was how it would go, at first. Her blue was insecure with his own abilities and seemed to prefer when she was around. “That’s fine. Hey, it’s that pretty Brown from the other clutch.” She gestured at Nanuth. “Go make friends. I’ll try to get W’ill’s attention.” She didn’t go far from Haloth, instead scanning the room and hoping to spot her friend. There would be no debates tonight. They weren’t allowed to drink.

Dea and #Teddy#
Shanny’s encouraging Haloth to come meet Nanuth! Friendship begins!

Tatteredpixie
Shanny is looking for you, W’ill

The_Muffin_Puppy
Haloth hopes for a race with Metlath!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:59 am
User ImageWeyrwoman Hestina had stayed at home. In her stead, Captain Dread sauntered right up to Weyrwoman Zheria. Rather than asking for her hand in a dance, the pirate pulled her into a dance, so that they might speak away from the crush and bustle of the crowd. For the space around Zheria was inevitably crowded. Hestina had never greeted Zheria in her full pirate regalia, but she was more than fed up with being disobeyed by a group of snot nosed brats who called themselves Westerners. Some even dared to name themselves pirates.

The woman in her arms was a fierce one, with eyes that glittered like daggers... or warm, golden jewels. In another life they might have been lovers. In this life, they were allies... of a sort. This was a show of solidarity. For Western had certainly been given more than its share of aid by High Reaches, who could have chosen to leave them to rot. "Lady Zheria," she murmured, her deep voice caught between a purr and a growl. "How ravishing you look. I don't believe I gave you a proper apology for the way my foolish rider behaved. So let me do so now."

So saying, the captain drew Lady Zheria into a kiss, fisting her hand in the woman's luxurious locks. A cocky pirate who knew how to give a woman a good time, to say the least. But perhaps there was another purpose to the kiss. When she drew back, it was just enough to whisper, "You are being watched." Which Zheria knew in its most basic sense, but Captain Dread spun her away from danger, to a corner more to the pirate's liking. There were at least... a few sets of eyes that held revenge within their gaze. Trained upon a woman who had, in her time, earned more than a few of those looks.

Uta

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:11 am
Rhiyn wasn’t surprised when Demanthra came to find him, which meant he’d prepared for it. Did they really have to go to the feast? Really? He didn’t see why they couldn’t bribe one of her brothers—they were musically inclined, why couldn’t they hire them? They could dance in her weyr!

Still, he’d been prepared. He’d dressed in a green tunic and a cloak, ready to face the chill of the evening.

“You and your ideas,” he complained. “I don’t know why we can’t celebrate on our own. I was around enough people this morning!”

“Dea and #Teddy#
Rhiyn has complaints but he knew this was coming.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:49 am
User ImageTo say that Amaretti was overjoyed would have been an understatement. She was wonderfully, stupendously smitten. Her darling blue was the light of her life! And D'zrak had Impressed the most lovely, adorable bronze. She was beside herself.

... And also visibly changed. It had taken a pile of marks and all of her time to get her hair done just right. The blue matched her baby to perfection. Amare, wait. I have ssssomething I musssst do.
For she had been about to make her grand entrance. Padding up to his sweet mother, Sucurith gave a croon of greeting. See how well he blended in, Mama? Tucking into Fianth's side, the baby blue 'disappeared.' Delighted as she was in him, Amare couldn't help but follow.

"Lady Olliah, please forgive him. He's been wanting to do that since he hatched," the girl said, giving the Queenrider a deep curtsey.

Uta

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:59 am
S'del
The bronze rider had been glad that the Feast was happening later that evening. It had allowed him time to spend with A'ye, and to recuperate a bit from the emotional highs and lows that the double hatching had wrought. He'd brought A'ye back to his weyr afterwards, if only to relax and talk. If they'd wound up dozing off, well....it couldn't be helped. Honestly, S'del really wanted to have a good time with the attractive green rider, and maybe... Maybe actually follow up with some of the things he desired.

Part of him had hoped he'd made his interest a little more well known, but the young man was a bit inexperienced when it came to actual romance. The few relationships he'd had before he'd come to the Weyr had been quick and mostly physical. Not because he hadn't cared, but because life on the streets meant insecurity in everything. So relationships came together just as quickly as they fell apart But now that he was in the Weyr, now that ... things had changed. Well. He finally had met someone who was so good and so sweet and so kind and genuine.... Someone far too good for the likes of him, and yet...

Well.

He was tired of just pining from afar. Tired of being just friends. If friendship was all he could have of A'ye then he would accept that, but...well. Maybe, just maybe, the dark haired man would want something more. Maybe, he'd take a real chance. A Feast was as good a time as any to come together, wasn't it? And though sadness and stress had clouded most of the day, it also reminded the Weyr that there really was no time like the present.

Every second had to matter. Tomorrow wasn't guaranteed, and who knew what might be lost? The rest of the afternoon had been a bit of a blur. He'd been required to leave A'ye and Oyath and take Kindeth to pick up guests once more. Thankfully -- or perhaps sadly-- that list had grown substantially smaller since the events of that morning, but it meant he didn't miss much of the celebration.

Still dressed in his Gather best, the man parted from Kindeth and went searching for a familiar face. He'd check out the tables that had the klah, and would be sure to pick up a cup or two. Not for himself, but for the green rider he knew that so favored the drink. If he was lucky, he'd find him hovering around the tables; if not, he'd grab two cups and look for one dark haired, beautiful man.

S'del was going to make the most of the night.
houllow

Olliah & Fianth
Fianth watched with anxious eyes as the weyrlings and babies passed her way. Part of the gold wanted nothing more than to follow them, to watch them, to admire them... but she knew this was their time to spend with Theirs. She knew her primary duty as a gold had come to an end, and it was now time to back away and let them live their own lives. Still, hearts ached; would any of them still look upon her the way Uridith was gazed so fondly by her grown brood? Would any of them still love her as she so loved Eveleth?

Well, even if they did not, her hearts would never shy away from her beloved babies. No matter how big they got, no matter where life took them, no matter if they met the end in the cold of Between... She carried them all in her heart.

When the little Anakumath approached, the gold's eyes whirled a bright blue-green, and she leaned down to tenderly press her snoot fondly against the little one's neck and head. A gentle, welcoming nuzzle for the shy little gold. You chose well, sweetling. I hope you and Yours enjoy the festivities but if it becomes too much, know that you will always have a place beneath my wing. While the gold might be Rhianth's daughter, she also understood that her sister would more or less be ready to be on her way. Fianth would keep a close eye on all of them in her stead and treat none of them different.

Olliah gave a bow back to the young Martirae, and a smile. "Martirae, Anakumeth....Congratulations, and welcome to the Weyr. You look dazzling," she complimented sincerely before the woman passed. "I have no doubt we'll be seeing much of one another soon." Gold rider training would begin almost immediately, and both Nyaranau and Martirae would come to know Zheria and Olliah, as well as the other gold riders, well.

Soon after a delicate little green bounded past. Both Olliah and Fianth watched, the gold hopefully holding her brother, and yet... The little Zezollath seemed far more keen to be with the younger gold. Olliah smiled as F'enn passed, and dipped her head as she had all the guests, but reached out to stroke Fianth's leg. At least they seem happy.

F'enn who...
Well.

Some were just lucky enough to get to leave a legacy behind. How would K'ienn take the news? ... Well. She'd surely hear rumors. Still, perhaps if she saw K'ienn, she might congratulate him. An Impression was Impression, and the two were hopefully on a happy path.

Fianth crooned gently at the pair, but otherwise, let them be on their way.

And then came Iljunfanth and Zy'zi.... And the gold was so certain, so sure that this little one might pause. And yet... On the two went, lost in their own little world. Olliah kept her smile in place, and once more, gave her beloved a little, reassuring pat. The gold did not begrudge a single one of them their time to shine and celebrate.... But her hearts were always a little sore in the immediate days that followed. As a new normal and new routine panned out. Still, she had thought that maybe...

Well.

They would always have a place beneath her wings, if they ever so desired. So she watched as they passed, and sent nothing but fondness after. Another time, perhaps.

Thankfully, a bubbly little green was not long behind. As Moirath complimented the duo, Fianth leaned over to give a tender nuzzle to the darling, little baby. And You and Yours look beautiful. I am glad you found such a match this day. A fond croon to the them both.

Olliah, for her part, smiled and returned the bow with one of her own. "I have no doubt that you and Moirath are perfect for one another. Thank you for being here for her. I wish you both well on your journey together, rider." And that was the truth!

Zamistia and Nanuth were given nothing but warmth and love. The gold gave a croon of approval at the girl, pleased that her son had found such a match. Olliah herself gave a nod. "Of that I have no doubt. The two of you can take care of one another, but know that Fianth is always here. Congratulations on your Impression," she repeated, knowing it was a line she would speak countless times this night.

Holleth's approach caused the gold dragon's eyes to whirl a bright green-blue. Though the little one said nothing, he gave her an elegant bow. She, in turn, could not help herself... and like all of the little ones who stopped to greet her, she reached over to nuzzle the delicate little one. I am so proud that you found Yours this day. Such a fine girl, this Talis. I hope you are as happy with her as I am for you. She spoke tenderly, sending nothing but love to the little aloof blue.

For her part, Olliah smiled at the young woman. There was no judgment in her gaze, no concern over Talis' attire. "Congratulations on finding Yours this day. Such a handsome little one, and so polite!" She was charmed by the little blue's bow and couldn't resist giving a small curtsy back.

Another little babin followed, and Fianth was pleased to have both blue sons before her. When Sucurith approached and tucked himself against her, she lifted a wing so he might cuddle beneath it, and be "camouflaged". The gold did not seem to mind. Oh dear. I seem to have lost a little blue hatchling... Holleth, darling, have you seen your brother? She nuzzled Holleth fondly once more, before letting her neck snake around this way and that, pretending she could not see the little henna-kissed blue.

Olliah, for her part, gave a small, fond laugh at the display. "No apologies needed, rider. Fianth is more than delighted and eager to play and dote upon the little ones. Congratulations on finding Yours this day."

[More chars to come...Cleaning and laundry first!]

Mr Cheri

Meepfur

demon_pachabel

Dea and #Teddy#

Mewsings of an Angel

faesinger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Andrestia and Brown Eith

Even with the whirlwind of being moved into a new wing, the overwhelming sensation of a new dragon, and just trying to realize that it was no longer a fairytale of sorts Andrestia still found time to get ready for the feast. Despite not ever wanting to follow in her mother shoes of being a courtsean she had still been required to learn a great deal of the trade, including hair, makeup, and making alterations to a dress that one of her mother clients had given. It was more or less a gesture to make herself appear at least older, a little less of the petite girl frame that most tended to accredited her. Smoothing her dress down she glanced in the mirror, at least she looked almost two years older as Eith cooed at her.

Andrestiamine you look like an elegant princess, I am sure you will steal the attention of many. He nuzzled her cheek as she giggled. We should get going, we don’t want to be too late.[/] She kissed the top of his head and scratched under his jaw before leaving.

----

They arrived just in time to settle in the back as Zheria stood drawing ever pair of eyes to her as she spoke. Eith put his front claw on her shoulder to look out over the crowd as if to asses everyone who was there and want they were wearing as Andrestia attempted to stand on her toes to see. After a few minutes he shimmied down to her neck curling around as he gave a little.

As I thought Andrestiamine you are the most loveliest here. He cooed at her growing a little more disinterested in the rest of what was going on. The girl gave a faint smile as she scratched under his jaw again, she was sure there were others just as lovely out there but she greatly appreciated the compliment either way. Nerves started to bubble up, as if threatening to over take her throat and bubble over as if to suffocate her. It wasn’t as if she expected to see him there, and even if he was there was little chance that he would even acknowledge her now.

Swallowing the nerves back down she smoothed out her dress again and headed to the queen giving both her and Lady Olliah a graceful curtsey as Eith gave his aunt a happy chirp. He didn’t inquire where his own mother was only that he could assume the reason she wasn’t there.

With greetings done Andrestia returned to her spot on the wall, glancing out looking for a familiar face to linger with.

baby_gwing

Uta

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:38 pm
Kinyegele

Just for a moment, the petite girl's lavender eyes trailed after a somewhat unknown someone. She knew exactly who they were, she wasn't completely daft after all, but there was something about the look on their face that stirred an unknown something in her chest.

Then, with a look quite similar, she turned her attention back to the food in front of her with greater interest. Yep. This was fine.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:41 pm
Talis and Holleth
I am very happy, Mother, the little blue affirmed as he resumed a properly upright posture...and even returned, ever so gently, the nuzzle that was given him, the blue of his eyes deepening just a little.  For he did adore his mother, and wanted to be near her, more even than he would admit to himself.  How dearly he would have liked to tuck himself away under her wing like his brother, for just a little while, but it seemed so terribly selfish, when so many of his siblings and cousins might have a greater need to do so than he.  He would be just fine without, surely.

At first, when Fianth requested his assistance in 'finding' one of his blue brothers, there was a half-second he thought the request a serious one, but quickly realized she meant Sucurith.  A game.  Ah.  Looking as serious as ever, he turned his head first one way and then the other, pretending to search. No, I'm afraid I don't see him anywhere.  Shall I keep an eye out?

Talis had initially offered a salute, but when congratulated and her bonded complimented, she bowed her head politely. "Thank you, Weyrwoman Second.  It's an honor to have him."

Formal as the words were, there was fondness in them, and in the little smile that formed when she glanced his way.  They might neither of them be particularly demonstrative, but their love was no lesser for it.

Uta

Meepfur
Crew

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:24 pm
User ImageUser Image

The Hatching had ended on a downer note, which meant one thing to Oz: time to ratchet up the Good Times when the feast began. Sure, he had to sit through a speech as he had before, and sure Glinda was continuing to stick to him like oil on hide, but it wasn't going to be all bad. Why? Because if there was one thing Oz was good at, it was cajoling people into a sale or three while they had their klah. And this time, he had something special.

The merchant twins had set their wares not so far off to the side as to be unnoticed, but not so close to the harpers that their calls would be drowned out. It was a modest table dressed in their family line's own royal blue and gold, the shop's crest (the profile of a hare with the horns of a herdbeast) emblazoned on the front. For the weather, the majority of their wares were fur-lined cloaks and thick coats, some in High Reaches colors and others more befitting a rider's dragon. Oz had kept a few of his usual snacks available as well, though naturally the weyr had provided more than enough. Still, he was more than happy to yell with too much enthusiasm, "Nuts! Comes get a taste of D'mon's Nuts! Spicy enough to keep you warm as a fire!"

Glinda, for her part, looked as a proper lady should, her dark blue shawl perfect for the weather. She smiled and greeted weyrlings and riders and customers alike as if her brother wasn't yelling something close to an obscenity. Perhaps if they ignored him, it would go away. "The winds will grow harsher!" she called between his silences. "Come prepared for winter! Tweed and flannel if you run warm blooded, or 100% cotton should you migrate south!"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:41 pm
User Image

Fela so did like a good Hatching-Feast combination. It lifted the spirits even as the tangible sorrow of the lost rider pair refused to leave. Going over the mental list of candidates with Sophrosunth that they could reach out to after the affair was done, the mindhealer went about the at least one hour necessary ritual of getting her hair done; such was the curse of keeping it so long. Once it was properly curled, her dragon shined, and her outfit completed, the pair made their way somewhat late to the party.

Though technically speaking they would be a bit later still. Fela paused and thumped her fist against her dragon's leg as they migrated into the line inside. "There she is!" Fela chirped, bustling to Talis with the oomph of a mother finding a lost child--though she did not try to initiate contact. "Well lookit you, hun! Congrats! You went and got the best colored dragon there is in Pern~"

Soph made a mental cough, and she blinked and turned to Olliah and Fianth. "Y'all got a good batch here," she told them both proudly, as if Olliah had been part of the baby-making, and baby-making was like baking brownies. "You ain't freezing out here, though? I could getcha a coat or something."

Behind her, Sophrosunth made a gentle sigh-laugh of a sound, eyes a bright blue-green. Fianth, he said first, bowing his head. He wanted to give his sympathies over the lost green, but now didn't seem the right time in the middle of a joyous occasion. He sat back and watched Sucurith and Holleth's game, unwilling to break in but amused nonetheless. The next generation is already outdoing us. Oh dear...

Meepfur

Uta

Mr Cheri

medigel

Anxious Spirit

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:35 pm
NovaCracker
Moved to right thread!

Amila of Green green Matoath

This felt awkward.

Amila didn't like coming to these in the past really -- she'd always tried to hide herself away from Feasts to avoid how happy others were lest she drag them down, but today was different -- she was feeling self conscious about coming and Matoath was already on her way almost immediately upon getting the all-clear. So, Amila had put on her 'best' dress -- which really wasn't terribly fancy. A warm brown affair; with no decoration. She'd not marks to spare for clothing -- clothing was meant for wearing to preserve modesty and help keep warm or cool, not cavort around dancing.

Amila couldn't dance anyhow -- not well, so she was all but sure this was a disastrous idea... But Martoarh helped her not panic, not run away, not hide. Partly, the dragonet just urged her to hurry up -- she wanted to see her family; her aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings, father, mother; and partly her rider BELONGED, no matter how she looked. If anybody made a mockery, then Matoath would see to it it was short lives, and the little green dragonet circled Amila and all but jumped about in excitement as the girl moved for the Feast, calming to walk in if only to please her mother with how regal she could be. Amila was careful to ensure she looked... Presentable -- she didn't really grasp what she was doing so she used 'best' to mean 'no holes and at least a little pretty' which essentially described ONE dress -- and she ensured Matoath was positively glowing.

The dragonet all but trilled excitement when they entered, peering about eagerly as Amila tried to just sit to eat and hide a little of embarrassment -- everyone else looked so FANCY she had nothing like that! - and bounced a bit.

color=green]Amilamine, my heart, my love, it's so exciting, do you not think?? So many here to see all of us![/color[ Matoath creeled welcomingly to a few others coming into sight, and then danced back to Amila, her rider reaching to tryholding her close for comfort.

It's a lot of excitement my Matoath, but I'm a little unsure this was safe. I'm afraid.

Matoath looked to her rider, blue eyes dancing with green and purple flecks as she boo[ed the girl soothingly, settling to relax as close to Hers as possible a moment.

None here will hurt you, mine. Nobody will ever hurt you again. I won't let them. Matoath crooned, her mental voice a loving, soft croon, and she briefly tucked her head under Amila's chin, a comforting gesture the girl responded to immediately by hugging her dragon to her for love and affection. Matoath was delighted to find a gesture they shared already, and soon relaxed, watching. She would find Hers people to socialize with, but for now the green was content to observe, see if perhaps Nanuth was there, or her many other siblings, the dragonet utterly contented as she rest, the only sound from her a warm, and loving chirp.

Quote:
Amila is open to meet people! Matoath is especially eager to meet everyone and would very much love family time to bond and express love for all of her family -- including parents and Uncle Ricth, don't be shy of coming to see her.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:14 pm
Tahirah of Brown Taoloth

User Image The hatching hadn't caused as much drama or turmoil in Tahirah's life as it had some of the other weyrlings or candidates. The death of Shinnikan and the little green that would have been his did cause sorrow in her heart, especially when she remembered how coldly Cadereth had taken the man down. Taoloth was there to soothe her worries, reminding her that his bronze brother was now impressed, there was no reason she should worry or fear anything from him.

He may be impressed but I know nothing of his rider. Speaking to Taoloth as she dressed in her attire for the feast, Tahirah made sure her hair was up in a simple pony tail. She was not wearing a dress, she had never been one to wear them, always trying to get out of them when she was younger. She felt more comfortable in the trousers she was wearing, as well as the rest of her ensemble.

Taoloth yawned lazily as he stretched on Tahirah's bed, not quite content with his wallow at the moment. Sure, it was nice and would be perfectly comfortable but as long as he could fit upon the bed with His the little brown was quite happy. Well then perhaps you should get to know the young man. It helps to know about those you will be spending so much time with, after all. She knew the truth of his words and agreed with him wholeheartedly. She may not seek anyone out right away, not on this night, but she would make an effort to get to know her fellow weyrlings especially the ones who had impressed to the dragons that Taoloth was close to.

Wadjet let out a happy coo from his spot curled up with Taoloth, though the little blue flit seemed a bit miffed with the brown got up and stretched his body like a cat. Tahirah smiled at the flight, leaning down to pet his head gently. "You can stay here and get some rest if you want, but you are free to join us at the feast." Taoloth gently nuzzled the blue flit before he alighted to perch upon Tahirah's shoulder, nuzzling against her cheek and then the trio was off towards the feast.

The sight of all of the people caused Tahirah to pause but the support that Wadjet and Taoloth sent her, her hand moving to rest upon Taoloth's head as they moved, helped to bolster the young woman. There was nothing to fear as long as her brown and flit were with her, she had nothing to worry about here. Nevermind the fact that she was now a female brownrider, though that didn't seem to matter as there seemed to be a bit more females upon brown and blue these last couple of turns.

Moving through the crowds Tahirah's eyes found Rune and the trio moved towards them. "Hey Rune!" She waved her left hand as the neared them, Taoloth sending a greeting to his sister. It is quite a feast isn't it, Saevath. All for us as well. He cast his whirling eyes around for a moment. Have you not seen Cadereth yet? I do believe we should get ours to get to know His a bit more.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:28 pm
Yu'star and Nevidenth

I'm coming down.

"I really wish you wouldn't."

I am though. Hold on.

"Seriously please don't. I'm okay, I promise."

Yu'star wasn't okay though as he looked up at his dragonet, and from the yellow that tinged Nevidenth's eyes it was apparent the feeling was mutual.

Everything had started okay, the pair dressing nicely for the feast (Yu'star was wearing one of his father's old jackets, he supposed, since it did come from a bag packed by his mother), and although he had a limp from stabbing himself in the foot earlier in the day it wasn't too bad. He could walk without aid and he wasn't in danger of ruining his shoes thanks to the care that had been provided; he would need to thank all those who came to his aide later. Nevidenth hummed his approval of such thoughts, the bronze allowing his tail to wind around Yu'star's leg in the same way a child might hold on to the tunic of their parent. It sent a rush of love through the teen's heart, and it felt as though he was walking on air.

Which, oddly enough, he was. It was impossible to know how'd he managed to find a hole and walk in to it, but all that mattered was the ground was suddenly out from beneath him and Nevidenth was honking in surprised. The bronze was still honking as he circled around the pit, though he wasn't as distressed as his actions might have been giving off. Yu'star was physically fine after all and there was no pain radiating between their shared bond but that didn't mean the bronze couldn't act upset. He was supposed to be protecting him after all and yet?

"Just sit down and relax, Nevidenth. Someone will find me eventually and then it'll be okay." The teen himself couldn't sit, the hole was too narrow for him to properly bend his knees and the exit was just ever so slightly out of reach. "This always happens."

It's not gonna anymore, okay. You just caught me of an off day. Nevidenth whuffed and settled down, letting his tail slide in enough that Yu'star could touch it, if he reached a little. At the very least the bronze would hold his hand while they waited for anybody to pass by.  
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff