Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shattered Past: Rise of the Lost

Back to Guilds

A Story of Personal Conquest and Rediscovery 

Tags: Fantasy, Science Fiction, Magic, Stats, Literate 

Reply ________Ikeinasu ► The Iron City of Bridges
鉄 Ikeinasu :: Pine Bluffs [Crafting/Market District] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:42 am
_______________The Narrator Whispers... ||
The shopkeep shook his head in regards to the question of shinobi-hood. "Not really," he said thoughtfully. "I call him a leader, but he's more like the first among equals because we respect him for everything he's done. Really, as long as you show loyalty during your stay here, he accepts everyone. Just know that this is a dangerous place to live, since we're right outside Tsukihara." The red head waved a goodbye as you headed out the door.

The crafting area was surprisingly large for such a small town. Five different forges had been set up for use, although only two were actually lit for the moment. That made it a lot easier to find the tall young woman the shop owner had mentioned. Her copper hair glowed yellow and orange against the fire of the forge, and she was busy hammering away at a sheet of metal. A shield, perhaps? Nearby, a brown-haired youth was hooking leather straps to what might have been a pauldron, finishing up the piece of armor. The intense heat of the flames had melted all of the surrounding snow, and made the area shockingly warm compared to everywhere else.

The young woman didn't look up from her work at the sound of her name at first, but the boy did. His gaze sought out your wounded arm before moving to your face, a hint of concern there but otherwise neutral. "Karin, potential customer."

Sighing in annoyance, she finally stopped hammering and looked up at you. "You need armor made? What are you looking for? We might already have something. Schedule is a bit tight as it is." Picking up her project, she stuck it in the flames for the moment to heat it back up. "Damn yokai are causing damage faster than we can make repairs."

Kirra Yamata

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:57 am
User Image

㊌ ☾ ☾ ☾ Kira Yamata ☽ ☽ ☽ ㊌

Kira looked at the little brown youth and then to the larger woman who was understandably annoyed she was interrupted. Kira made a polite bow as he said, "Sorry for the trouble, just got a taste of these 'yokai' myself. damn goblins ruined my old armor. the general store guy said you did armor well..." Kira pulled out all but 10 [100] of his 75 ryo and layed it on a unused anvil, "Scale mail, strongest you got or can make. if you need extra for a helmet to go with it i'll add in the last of my ryo. I might be staying in town for a while to rest up and heal so im in no hurry at the moment." Kira looked at the both of them before his visioned blurred before continuing on , "... Im bad at stuff like talking so forgive me for being blunt but... is it hard building it up the muscles to forge arms and armor for women? If so I admire your craftsmanship it must take a lot out of you" Kira said trying to make some form of chit chat before falling on his a** in a unconscious state. his face contorted in pain but he himself could not feel it due to him passing out

Royal Taorito

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:26 am
_______________The Narrator Whispers... ||
The young woman stepped closer, picking up the deposited ryo gratefully. "It might take a couple of days, but I'll see what I can manage." Her gaze traveled over you, as if memorizing your appearance. "Right, it shouldn't be too much to handle. I can work with some equipment I already have. Stay warm in the meanwhile. Nights here are pretty bitter." She started turning away but paused at your final comment. Grinning, she flexed an arm. While the muscles there weren't huge, they were definitely toned, showing she'd worked hard to gain the muscle. "Women don't get as big as men do typically, and I won't deny that we're typically physically weaker, but you can accomplish anything you put your mind to. It's exhausting work but it's what I do for this community, and I love it."

Her passion drew a scoff from the younger boy, and he rolled his eyes.

Both froze, however, when you collapsed--although you were unaware of it. "Shigetoki, grab a couple medics. He's too big for me to carry, but I'll keep him warm here." The boy nodded and ran off immediately.

-----

About ten minutes passed before Shigetoki returned with two medics in tow. One of them, a tall, slender young man, knelt down and placed a hand on your forehead. A moment later, if you could feel any pain, it was drained away. In the meanwhile, the other--a stout, blonde-haired boy--hovered his hands over your arm, first using a technique to draw out any bacteria that may have been present. Karin the armorsmith handed him a bowl of water, which he used to clean the wound before placing hands over it again and using another technique, this time closing up the wound using chakra. This was followed quickly by the arm being wrapped in gauze and bandaging, just in case. Finally, with the help of all four of them, you were lifted off the ground and carried to the Hospital District.

Kirra Yamata

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:10 pm
User Image

[-exit to hospital-]

Royal Taorito

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100

Rexnov

Alien Abductee

1,350 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:57 am
[ Taiki Matsumaya ]

Adventurer l Bukijutsu l Explorer l D - Rank

I walked through the roads of this strange city. It was protected by watchtowers and ten-foot-tall wooden spires. My first order of business was to find the inn and this Yuzuki fellow to get a bed and a warm meal. I walked past a series of shops but none of them really caught my eye. It took me about ten minutes of exploring to find the inn, it wasn’t much to look at, but it would do the trick. I took one step inside and cleared my throat. “Excuse me, Kaileer sent me to look for a guy called Yuzuki.” I paused to chose my words carefully. “He said you’d be able to offer a cool bed and a warm meal, hopefully in that order, for a couple of days, free of charge.” The inn keep simply nodded, handed me a key and said “I’ll get started on the food, come down in a bit.” I responded with a simple nod. I made my way up the stairs, put the key in the hole and walked into a room that was lit with only a small candle. The room was small, yet cozy. It had a bed, a window that overlooked the market, there was a poster of an old painting of a samurai with sword in hand, behind him misty mountains. Beneath the poster was a small wooden desk and a wooden chair. I took off my backpack and laid it on the desk. Unbuckled my belt and took it off with my two swords dangling on it and set it on the backrest of the chair. Lastly, I took off my shirt and pants, it was a little chilly, but wearing the same clothing for three months gave them a certain unpleasant scent that could make anyone throw up. I would have to wash them later or maybe just throw them away and buy new ones, it didn’t matter. I threw myself on the bed and dozed off for what I thought would be just fifteen minutes.

I was woken up by a hard knock on my door. I arose and realized that it had been almost an hour since I had fallen asleep. With haste, I put my clothing back on but left my weapons behind, I felt like I would not need those here in the inn, and then went outside. On the other side of the door was Yuzuki, who motioned for me to follow down to the mess hall. There, I found a wooden bowl filled with a potato and salted fish stew. I sat at the table, alone, and ate what I could with my hands before literally drinking the potato stew. I finished the dish in less than five minutes. Before I began eating, I had not realized just how hungry I was, and how little I had eaten. Unfortunately, by the time I finished, I could feel my stomach cramp up and felt like I needed to puke. As it turned out, I had eaten in one sitting more than what I would have normally eaten in one day, which upset my stomach greatly. I remained seated with my hands over my mouth for some time before it settled, and the nausea went away. I needed new clothing, and for new clothing I would need money; to get money, I would need to do jobs. But before all of that, I needed to get some training done, to get back into the grove. However, that would be a future me problem to deal with, because with my stomach full, and me still feeling somewhat ill after stuffing my face, sleep was in order, and that was precisely what I would do. Slowly I got up from the bench and waddled my way back into the room, where I once again undressed and went to sleep until the following day. Upon waking up, I got dressed, buckled my belt with my two swords, and went away toward the training grounds.

Pathfinder: 7 l 25

Techniques used:

Passives

PA - Firestarter: The strength of Taiki's fire jutsu are treated as being a rank higher in strength, but cost .5 chakra more, rounded up. [ E Rank = 8, D Rank = 15, C Rank = 30, B Rank = 60, A Rank = 120, S Rank = 240, S+ Rank = 540]

PA - Fire Brand: By adding the tiger seal at the beginning of maruton techniques, Taiki is able to alter the very nature of the technique, transforming it into a fire style jutsu.

PA - Pathfinder: Every 25 posts, Taiki is able to roll a 10 sided dice. If it lands on a 1 or a 10, Taiki obtains a randomly generated type of map (4 sided, 1 is a small, 2 is a medium, 3 is a large and 4 is an epic).

Discipline - Scavenger [D]: In a world where survival of the fittest is the rule of law it is the Scavenger who learns that the key to survival is possession of needed materials and items. For every other Experience Rank after D - rank (B and S - ranks), generate a number between one and three [1 - 3], and follow the chart below when looking for materials:
→ On a roll of one [1], increase materials gathered by fifty percent [50%].
→ On a roll of two [2], note a member of the Event Coordination Team. A potential rare material is discovered!
→ On a roll of three [3], the durability of the material(s) found is increased by one [1] step.

Chakra: 165 l 165
Stamina: 150 l 150
EXP: 500

Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:19 pm
User Image
______________________The Narrator Groans ||
tab Stretching nonchalantly in the garb she'd somehow confiscated on their entrance into the market, the Sylph took in the natural light of the sun and the arctic temperatures they were suffering because of it in natural stride. How she could deal with the cold was difficult to say since she usually just shrugged concerns away, but from the long hike sweat had beaded upon her skin and froze solid in mockery of all claims of warmth and comfort. She didn't shiver, at least, though that too was difficult to determine if it was due to a lack of sensation or her nerve endings dying from the temperatures. Neither seemed to really effect her in the short term, though, as she weaved around people marching by, buried in their furs like little fluff men, and laughed as they tried to bow while continuing on their way. She raised her voice over the natural hum of the market to get Kaileer's attention. "Kailer!" she called, waving her long, graceful arms above her head to get his attention excitedly. Gesturing towards a stall that steamed into the afternoon air she continued. "Heat and meat!"
tab Apparently this was hilarious as she snorted disgustingly before stalking off towards that direction. As she did she passed a group of children no more than ten or eleven who saw her and knew Kaileer was somewhere nearby. The two were never far from one another, as everyone who lived there well knew. So, casting about with wide-eyed stares, they found the object of their interest and lit up with smiles. Six in total they began leaping about and shouting wordlessly to illicit some sort of response, hopefully a smile, as a pair of 'elders' nearby snatched up brooms to try and shoo them away while they readied a cart that was covered in steaming cups.
tab A bustling place, this market, with shops for clothing displayed behind ancient glass while carts moved about hocking drinks to any who would listen. How would the Sylph's followers react?

Royal Taorito

BlackFruity

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:57 pm
User Image

S I X T E E N C O U R A G E O U S W A R R I O R
K a i l e e r C e i n ' l y s
I've been looking at the sky to show me where I went wrong.
C - R A N K O A T H K E E P E R - S O L D I E R H A K E M O T O

Been looking at the sky like someone was looking down. But it keeps raining on me.

[Location:] Market.

I traveled to the market district in relative silence, not really sure what to say to the nervous boy following behind me. He wasn't exactly one to start a conversation either; Wan had been the only one to get him to show even an ounce of confidence, so he likely wouldn't speak unless spoken to. Bowing one's head to everything was something I could never understand, but I didn't seem to inspire any courage in anyone else. Or maybe I was just blind to any affects I had on the people around me.

I heard an unfamiliar voice call my name and pulled myself out of my dark thoughts. As I suspected, Fiorzia waved her arms over her head to get my attention. She must have stolen someone's voice in passing while I wasn't paying attention. Apparently she found some food she wanted. Either that, or she was pointing it out because I'd mentioned it earlier. She then snorted and wandered off in the direction of the stall without waiting. I rolled my eyes and followed after.

Evidently, this drew the attention of some younger children who decided they want to get my attention, for whatever reason. Hooting and hollering, they jumped around until an older teen chased them off of her store front with a broom she'd been using to remove some of the slush from the steps. They ran off laughing, which did end up pulling a bit of a smile out of me. I supposed I was wrong to an extent. Despite everyone's fair part in building the community, they still showed me a level of respect above most others. Not to mention, even with the cold and the dangers that plagued us from the outside, people were still happy and healthy. For all that it was, the town had become a small paradise in the wilderness.

Before reaching wherever the sylph had run off to, I stopped by one of the permanent shops, home to a tailor. The shop itself was still fairly empty; with the influx of new people waking up in a wintery landscape, we had a bit of trouble keeping up stock on clothing. We all woke with gear to help us survive, but the bitter cold was still too much for many, so they needed something sturdier. The same was the case with Hono. A few racks and shelves were all that really decorated the room, and lit fireplace in one wall kept it warm. Near the back, a young woman with chestnut brown hair and similarly colored eyes looked up from whatever she was working on when she heard the ding of the bell above the door. "Oh, Kaileer!" She rose quickly and ended up just standing awkwardly, staring between Hono and me. "Ah... What can a do for you?"

I thumbed over my shoulder to the quiet boy behind me. "I'm looking for a coat for him." She started moving before I even finished, circling around me to get a better look at Hono. I gave her a moment to look over him before inquiring further, reaching for the pouch at my side. "How much will it cost?"

She blinked at me, looking confused. "Y-you don't have to pay for it, you know that." She waved her hands in front of her and turned away to look through her coats.

I scowled slightly, but supposed it didn't matter either way; my money pouch was empty. "Fine, but I'll bring you some material later as payback."

She didn't respond, pointedly ignoring the offer as she pulled a thick tan and white coat from a rack. Checking it over once, she held it out to Hono. "Here. It's not the best quality, but it's the best we can make for now until our skills improve." I stepped aside and out of the way, ready to force the boy to wear it if I had to if he tried refusing it.

But no one told you that this was going to hurt. And now all I really want is to scream.

Counter | 48 / 200

Active Effects:
• Agility [5]: [.5] rank increase to physical speed.
• Power [5]: [.5] rank increase to physical strength.

Current Stats:
• Physical| Strength: +0.5 x Speed: +0.5
• Spiritual| Strength: 0.0 x Speed: 0.0
• Power [6] || Agility [6] || Intelligence [3] || Chakra [1]

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
• None.

Items of Note:
• Strange Katana

Lanfaer
BlackFruity

tab .CHAKRA : 310 / 310 .STAMINA : 585 / 585 .TRANCE : 15 / 15
                                          tab .EXP : 7600 .RYO : 両000 .HEALTH : Good .INJURIES : None .STATUS : None

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Artwork and character © Royal Taorito.

Kirra Yamata rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:59 am
User Image

Kira entered the shopping district of the pine bluffs and looked around to see if he could once again spot the forge where he was at the yesterday. His vision was slightly obscured by a lightly toned guy probably around his age with green eyes and black long hair and a strange all blue woman and then 6 or so children surrounding the two of them. Kira knew at this point he had to calm down somewhat even if he was ticked that someone had left him without his sword, and really who does that to a warrior! wouldn't do that to a soldier on the battlefield why do it here in a city? Kira shook his head, 'focus, sword first irrelevant questions later.' After walking what seemed like a block around the market he found Karin's smithy. Composing himself he enter with merel his trousers and boots and cried out, "HELLO KARIN!? You Home!" Kira would say as he walked further in and back behind where the forges were knowing that at least someone would be back there.

As he got past the threshold of the general front and entered the forge area he started to pay close attention to where he might have fallen and where his sword might be.

[rolling a 1d20 for perception]
Royal Taorito

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100

BlackFruity

Vice Captain

Lucky Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:58 am
User Image

𒂟 Honō Hokori 𒂟

𒊹 • • Hari Clan • Kumogakure • • 𒊹

Chakra : 100 / 100 𑁍 Stamina : 100 / 100

𒈯 𒃵

Honō had followed Kaileer through the streets, finding a kind and welcoming smile
                    for the children that had suddenly begun crowding and making noise for the warrior's
                    attention. "It is heartwarming to see such innocence can still be found." Honō spoke
                    softly, words tinged with forelorn. "Waking here, I've only heard the harsh noises of
                    the wild. I was beginning to think these noises would become a distant memory."
                    Following Kaileer's silhouette was grounding. A whisp of light in this ongoing
                    nightmare. But their height difference was still jarring, reminding the Hari clan member
                    that this was, in no uncertain terms, not the world Honō remembers. Had lived. Had
                    started to feel like a seperate entity from the clan. But now? Green eyes glance down
                    to the pale pair of hands clasped in front, looking to where a barely visible scar could
                    be seen on the edge of the right thumb. Honō distinctly reembers that scar - the first
                    one of hundreds gained on the journey to becoming a glass-smith worthy of their
                    mother's family shop. And it was right before the growth spurt that rocketed the meek
                    worker to the height of a lamppost - or so Auntie Sayuri used to say.

Honō swallowed down the tightness clenching at their throat, summoned by the brief
                    thought piercing through the deliberate fog of avoidance that all of their family members
                    may be dead now.

Within the clothing shop, Honō kept their gaze low, submissive, but the spoken request
                    for a coat had them start to speak, only to stop suddenly. The growth spurt hadn't hit yet.
                    This coat wouldn't have to be unnaturally long to compensate for the Hari clan members
                    stretched out height. Honō hasn't had this grace in so many years - yet another nail of
                    surrealism to this nightmarish coffin. Indeed, when the coat was held out to them, pale
                    digits gently curled around the shoulders of the offered garment with growing awe -
                    especially as bringing the garment closer to this body revealed that the hem was actually
                    of adequet length that didn't leave bare the entirety of pale, boney shins. A small smile
                    broke out on thin lips at this long forgotten blessing.

"Thank you so much! Lady seamstress. Kaileer-sama." Honō bowed deep and low once
                    again, holding the coat close so as to not let it touch the ground. "I will show this coat the
                    utmost respect and care." Honō would wait until Kaileer would finish any other matters and
                    they have left the shop before speaking up once again. "Kaileer-sama." Honō spoke up
                    softly. "Please allow me to take on the cost of this coat." Kaileer would already be aware
                    that the Hari clan member has had training in glassblowing, as well as skills in sewing. "I
                    will not bring shame upon you."

𒊩 Acrobat 𒊩 Fifteen [ 15 ] 𒊩 ??? 𒊩 ??? 𒊩 ??? 𒊩 ???

Experience : 2,500
                                  Ħ

Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:18 am
User Image_______________The Narrator Whispers... ||
[Why are you rolling? Perception isn't a skill here.]

Though fires and torches occasionally warmed the path back to the Market District, it wasn't enough to stave off the dangerously cold air about you. Outside for no more than a couple minutes, you'd already see your exposed skin turning reddish and your extremity becoming unbearably cold, to the point they likely hurt. Many gave you strange and concerned looks, but your tunnel vision prevented any from intercepting. Perhaps they assumed you knew what you were doing.

At the forge, the area was a bit more bearable temperature-wise, though not enough to help without getting close to a forge. Your shout drew the eyes of many crafters working on a variety of projects, and a murmur started up. Thankfully, the tall blacksmith wasn't particularly difficult to spot. She looked up at the sound of her name, and then her eyes widened at the sight of your half-naked form. She jumped up immediately, grabbing for a blanket that she kept handy. "For gods' sakes, man, are you insane? Put some clothes on!" She tossed the blanket toward you, though whether or not you chose to take it was your own choice.

Behind you, evidently two guards had trailed behind after seeing your escapade, and were watching cautiously from perhaps ten or so feet away. Karin's eyes move to them briefly, and then back to you. "If you're looking for your gear, the armor is almost finished, and your sword is back at my furnace as well."

Kirra Yamata

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:41 am
User Image

Kira looked at everyone curiously as they stared at him, what where they exactly staring at? its not like a person couldn't go without a shirt and walk around couldn't they? As soon as Karin reached him she threw him a blanket and though he felt cold he scoffed but did infact wrap the blanket around and tied it off like a cloak so he could at least look mroe like a customer rather than a beggar. As Karin told him about the armor and the sword he sighed in relief and said, "Thank you... sorry i had a panic attack at the hospital when i coudn't find my blade. I guess you could say its a security blanket of sorts." Kira said with his best attempt at a smile as he could muster. It wasn't that well it was slightly crooked and could be well told that he hadn't had proper contact with people in ages.

After that brief moment of that contact Kira coughed and said, "Well if you have a moment of time i would like to see the armor You've been making. Im sure its been well made by on such as yourself." soon as he said that the heat of the forges would alleviate the pain of the cold he was not expecting to have. not to the point of comfort but enough to where he didnt have to worry about frostbite

Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:00 am
The guards backed off when they saw that the young smith had everything under control, and Karin herself looked relieved that you had calmed down. She was clearly still cautious, but otherwise amiable. "Ah, right." Leading the way back back to the forge, she gestured to the pieces of armor splayed across a large table. Everything seemed to be in good condition. "I modified some armor that we already had made. If your old armor was the stuff you woke up with, I don't know if this'll be on par with it, because that stuff was basically masterwork. But it should help you for a while at least." Her gaze fell slightly, and she seemed almost ashamed. "In the old world I coulda done a much better job. But I can always upgrade it for you later, once I'm more skilled. Regardless, if you want this, I it'd cost seven hundred for the set, or two hundred each if you just want a couple pieces of it. Or something of equal value, of course, if you prefer to trade." Finished displaying the armor, she stepped away to let you inspect it if you desired, and picked up a familiar sight to you: your katana, in its scabbard, which had been cleaned and polished. She held it out to you. "I went ahead and sharpened and cleaned your sword. No cost."

[Items, if taken:
Helm - T1, made of steel. [E-rank Defense, Scale 13]
Chest - T1, made of steel. [E-rank Defense, Scale 13]
Gauntlets - T1, pair, made of steel. [E-rank Defense, Scale 13 each]
Greaves - T1, pair, made of steel. [E-rank Defense, Scale 13 each]
Katana - T??, made of steel. [Durability 30]]

Kirra Yamata

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:19 pm
User Image

Kira went over with Karin and watched as he noticed all the craftsman and women working hard on there projects or arms and armor. Kira couldn't help but admire not there craft, but there determination, They had the purpose of trying to help those in this new world with limited technology. As He got to Karin's stall Kira smiled like a kid at Christmas and went to inspect the pieces immediately. Though she stated that, in what he thought was being a modest craftswomen of her art, that there stuff may not have been up to par with his old armor he knew she was wrong. The armor he wore back then up till the other day was regular bits of genin armor handed out, assembly line and all that.

He started from the Helm on down and picked it up and held it agaisnt his head. in the forge shadows it had a menacing appearance with the face mask resembling a ancient yokai, a Reiki, and though the mask was embossed and ingrained the tusks stood out the most with its tarnished bronze color. The helmet itself was magnificent as it was scaled much like dragon skin covering most of the side of his neck and the back of his head. The inside of the helm was layered with fine leather and a steel cap for protection. The top of the helm had a embossed steel dragon head with what he assembled was metal pained red eyes.

Smiling at the craftsmanship he knew right then and there that if the helm was this good for perfection and appearance it was well worth it. Kira began attaching the helm and face mask on immediately without regard to get a feel for the helmet as well as get the cold from hurting his face.

Kira than looked towards the armor itself and was also pleased by its appearance and function. Though it had only one lightly layered plated pauldron on the right side it had the embossed head of a dragon as well. He figured that would at least be good should he be fighting those damn goblins again. the scales seemed to shimmer in the forge light and though the lighting in the room was dark the shimmering scales where like dark obsidian's layered together. a central crest, which he imaged was either the blacksmiths mark of the city's mark, was emblem on the center and though he didn't like that part he would deal with it because of the true quality. Like before Kira wouldn't have a care taking off his blanket cloak to put the armor on and test its movement.

With that out of the way in the middle of inspecting the armor Karin showed him his long forgotten sword. He was glad that the mask was on now otherwise she would have seen the sheer joy on his voice and as he took the blade up once more he tied it to the new grey belt of the armor and drew the blade, 'I went ahead and sharpened and cleaned your sword. No cost' Kira looked over to her and removed his mask to let her see his smile. He gave a appreciative now and said,

"Karin you give yourself to little credit. This is probably the best armor i've worn. The armor I wore when I woke up was mainly factory assembled. Nothing beats true forged armor, so this in my opinion is a masterwork and I will do my best not to damage it out in the field." With that Kira put his mask back on and gave a few good swings to his blade before sheathing it and going back to inspecting the gauntlets and greaves.

While he saw that the gauntlets and greaves where the most simple in design he admired them in the fact that on the sides where the same black scaling as the rest of the armor to prevent the cutting of the leather straps. he went to put the greaves on first to relief his cold bitten feet and then the gauntlets in the hopes of staving off frostbite to his fingers. When all was said and done the armor moved smoothly to his style of fighting making sure not to disturb the other smith's. when he was done he looked at Karin and said,

"Im sure like my sword you took most of my belongings off while i was taken to the hospital. the ryo i got for my time in the wild is in there. 7500 the extra 500 for a job well done. I imagine i might be sticking around so I will take you up on your offer of upgrading when it's needed" Kira said through his mask the sound muffled and almost scuffing sounding almost like someone older was talking.

Kira then looked outward towards the cold market and asked Karin, "if i where to get rooming and accommodations or train in this town where would i head?

Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:15 pm
[750, not 7500. =P]

The young female blinked and looked down at the pile of coins, taking them gratefully as you continued speaking, a pleased smile on her face. Then she grabbed your pack from behind a bench as well, holding it out for you to take back your belongings. "Ah..." she said distractedly, tucking away the coins once the bag was taken. "For lodging you'll want to talk to the secretary Maona in the Admin District. It's the next district after the Hospital. There's a big building there, and you go straight down the hall to the back. You can't miss the desk. She can set you up with a permanent residence. Otherwise, there's the inn, but you'd have to pay for that." She then gave an exaggerated point to the north. "Then waaay on the other end of the town, the last district before the buffer zone is the academy. That's where they keep all the scrolls. Anyone can borrow them, but stealing or copying will get you kicked out of town." Smiling, she set her hands on her hips. "It's the district after the Silver Wing Institute, if that helps any."

Kirra Yamata

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:22 am
User Image

As the districts were explained to him Kira picked his pack up and listened closely to karin and her directions. Removing the armor for a moment to get his old clothes from the pack back on and He went ahead and just put the extra layer of pants instead of switching for the sake of modesty for everyone else in the forges. Once that was done Kira donned the armor once more and tightened it to form and comfort to his body so that it would be better for training and battle. As soon as he retied his sword to the new black leather belt adorned with the same black scales as his armor Kira shook Karin's hand and said,

"Arigato Gozaimasu, Karin-san I hope this'll be the start of a good friendship... without the need of repairs to often" He said the last part trying to play a little joke now that he had the helmet on hoping it would be enough protection from the lady smith's fists. With that Kira would duck, dodge, and make his out of the forge area and out of the shop in general into the bitter cold of the market place. kira took in the cold air now that he had his new armor and the warmth it was now giving himin contrast than when he entered. Looking over the market place and how it had picked up slightly Kira made his way out before the midday rush got underway and people started to get there daily chores done. -exit-

Royal Taorito

________Ikeinasu ► The Iron City of Bridges

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces