Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Chance and Dris's Flat Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:54 pm
User Image
                                                  It's all the same, only the names will change
                                                  Every day it seems we're wasting away
                                                  Another place where the faces are so cold
                                                  I'd drive all night just to get back home

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Mцsїcїaи aиd ₴їиgёґ || Halfвlооd || Hцfflёpцff Alцмиї

════════════════════════

Chance sat on the couch, trying to tune his guitar. It was weird, knowing that he and Chrys were dating now. He'd tried to keep it lowkey, mostly to keep that from the spotlight and a bit because he was trying to stop the more rabid tabloids from actually trying to get information about Chrys and stalk her. As it was, he just had to make sure that no one caught on to the fact, though he was certain that them being seen on a date or two now had probably caught some of his fans' attention. He just hoped that Chrys didn't get some kind of hate mail for it.

Sighing, he cringed when one of the strings snapped and caught him across the cheek. Ouch. Rubbing the spot briefly, he reached into his case to get a new one. Restringing it wasn't a big issue, plus he was glad that it hadn't gone higher. He'd rather not lose an eye today, thank you. Tightening and tuning the string, he went to work on the last one, certain that his guitar probably needed a whole new set of strings, but he wasn't worried about it too much. If he found that it was inevitable, then he would. Otherwise, it was just fine as is.

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: Sometimes I wish these strings were self-tuning...
                                                  OOC:

-◬-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Sometimes I sleep, sometimes it's not for days
                                                  And the people I meet always go their separate ways
                                                  Sometimes you tell the day
                                                  By the bottle that you drink
                                                  And times when you're alone all you do is think

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 10:26 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                      ρℓєαѕє ∂σи'т ¢яу σиє тєαя fσя мє
                                                      ι'м иσт αfяαι∂ σf ωнαт ι нανє тσ ѕαу
                                                      тнιѕ ιѕ му σиє αи∂ σиℓу νσι¢є
                                                      ѕσ ℓιѕтєи ¢ℓσѕє, ιт'ѕ σиℓу fσя тσ∂αу

spaceChrys stood outside the door to Chance's flat, torn between running back to her aunt's house as fast as her legs could take her, and... well, ducking behind the nearby bush to vomit. Chance and Dris had finally convinced her that, hey, maybe she should see somebody about this weird stomach bug she had. Thank Merlin she'd listened. But also, why did they both have to care so much?

spaceShe found herself praying Dris wasn't home. And that Puck wasn't around if he were. Maybe she'd get lucky and he was occupied in his studio. Maybe he and Puck were busy having a shag and wouldn't even notice the conversation happening in the living room. Maybe... Well, literally anything that would mean she and Chance could have this conversation in private. This conversation that she very, very much did not want to have. Bugger.

spaceShe stiffened her shoulders. Okay, procrastinating wasn't going to change the situation. Best to just jump off the high dive into the freezing water, and get it bloody well over with. She almost knocked, before remembering that she had a key now and it would be weird and probably alarm-inducing for her to knock. Then again, maybe some alarm was called for. She ended up knocking on the door frame as she let herself in, relieved and terrified to find Chance sitting on the couch, fiddling with his guitar.

spaceChrys allowed herself a brief moment to enjoy the view, knowing that as of right now, it was her right to do so. How much longer that was going to be true for, she had no idea. Not that she thought Chance was likely to break up with her, given the circumstances, but who knew how the next ten minutes were going to go? Of course, he couldn't do anything if she didn't tell him. She should probably do that.

space"So, I'm pregnant."

spaceOf course, as soon as she said it, she wanted to bang her head against a wall. Or jump off a cliff. Or face off against a dragon, which dangit, she wasn't going to be able to do any time soon. She turned scarlet, burying her face in her hands. "I probably should've at least said 'hi' first, right?" she asked, rhetorically, not moving any further into the flat. She felt rooted to the spot, actually. At least she'd shut the door behind her.

тєℓℓ му мσтнєя, тєℓℓ му fαтнєя ι'νє ∂σиє тнє вєѕт ι ¢αи
                                                      тσ мαкє тнєм яєαℓιzє тнιѕ ιѕ му ℓιfє
                                                      ι нσρє тнєу υи∂єяѕтαи∂ - ι'м иσт αиgяу, ι'м נυѕт ѕαуιиg
                                                      ѕσмєтιмєѕ gσσ∂вує ιѕ α ѕє¢σи∂ ¢нαи¢є

wнere - Living Room
                                                      wнen - Summer 2045
                                                      wιтн - Chance
                                                      - ooc -
                                                      blah blah blah

Diamond Wales

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 10:44 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Chance glanced up as Chrys entered the flat, nodding to her and looking back down to his guitar. He hadn't seen her since he and Dris had convinced her to get her stomach issue checked out, and well, she was back, so he figured it wasn't serious. Really, everyone got a stomach bug every now and then, but with how Chrys ahd been always sick, it was safer to go check. Finally finishing up with his latest string, he was placing his guitar into its case when he heard the words I'm pregnant.

His head shot up, staring for a moment, and trying to figure out what she had just said when she followed up with an apology and comment about saying hi first. His eyebrows had risen and nearly disappeared into his hairline, and he sat gaping for a moment before the words finally registered. He blinked and shook his head, certain he heard wrong. "Wait, what?" He blinked again. "You're what?" His brow creased in confusion, trying to figure out what she meant because this had to be a joke, right? "Since when?"

════════════════════════
                                                  OOC:

-◬-

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 11:00 pm
User ImageUser Image

spacePart of Chrys wanted to be annoyed at Chance's response. But the smarter part of her, which was apparently deciding to handle this situation since the other part hadn't done so hot so far, knew it wasn't fair. She'd been to the healer like three days ago and been sitting on this the whole time, and her reaction had been basically exactly the same. So, rather than snapping at him, she just groaned into her hands, leaning against the door. "Pregnant, And, I dunno, Chance, probably since we had sex," she whined. "That is, generally speaking, how this happens, or so I'm told."

spaceShe peeked at him through her fingers, then ran her hands up her face and through her hair. Which her face was probably darker than by this point. "I went to the healer, yeah? 'Cause you and Dris were all worried, due to all the throwing up. Guess what, it's not a stomach bug, it's... well. A stomach bug." She did a lame attempt at jazz hands to punctuate her terrible joke. She shouldn't be joking, but she didn't know what else to do.

spaceShe shifted her weight from one foot to the other, then back again.
                                                      "Can... can I come sit down or do you, like. Need space to process this. I feel really awkward just standing here but I can keep standing here if I need to. Or leave. Or... whatever." She was praying that he didn't vote for the 'leaving' option since that would kick her anxiety into high gear, but she'd just dropped a pretty big bomb on him. Only fair that she let him handle it however he needed to. Even if it meant she had to stew in her juices a bit before they could really discuss it.

wнere - Living Room
                                                      wнen - Summer 2045
                                                      wιтн - Chance
                                                      - ooc -
                                                      blah blah blah

Diamond Wales

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:16 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Chance sputtered as she said that it was likely since they had sex. But, they had sex just one time! That was insane! However, even as he thought that, he remembered that he'd been conceived in a one-night stand, and unless Chrys had been seeing someone else in the meantime (he highly doubted that), then she'd been pregnant for a while now. He rubbed his forehead, trying to gather his thoughts. This was so bloody complicated all of a sudden. "But we were both virgins. I thought it took more than that to get pregnant."

As she said that she went to the healer to check what was wrong, he nodded, then sputtered in laughter when she said it wasn't a stomach bug, it was a stomach bug. That was grossly understating the severity of the situation, and Chance couldn't help but let his laughter die to weak chuckles while shaking his head. "Well, who knew that a stomach bug was going to end up like that. I hadn't, and I just thought it was something else. I didn't think it could be..." He shrugged, holding his hands open in confusion. "Now I'm trying to remember how my mum was when she was pregnant with Lillith and Eve and I can't quite recall much except that it was right after Kory and she moved in."

He blinked in surprise when Chrys asked if she could sit down, and he shifted over immediately to take up less space on the couch while moving his guitar down. "Oh, yeah. You can sit down. Sorry, I'm just..." He sighed, burying his face in his hands. "You're pregnant. It's, I mean, do you want to keep it? I can understand if you don't or something. I'm sorry I did that to you."

════════════════════════
                                                  OOC:

-◬-

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 8:14 pm
User ImageUser Image

spaceIf nothing else, Chrys could come away from this knowing that her and Chance's first time had been a first in every way. She hadn't had the nerve to ask when they'd talked about the incident, and hadn't figured it mattered when they confessed their feelings, so it'd just gotten ignored. She'd always wondered, though. Even before they'd slept together. Nice to know, at least. She's mostly figured that was the case, based on what he'd said about not wanting to sleep with someone just for sex. But for all she knew, he'd tried it and that was how he'd come to that conclusion. Except, no, he'd been a virgin, same as her. Well.

spaceOf course, all of that was rather irrelevant at this point. She rolled her eyes, somewhat affectionately, but mostly in exasperation.
                                                      "Please tell me you're kidding," she groaned. "Seriously? I got the sex talk from Anthea and I know that's not true. And Anthea's knowledge of sex pretty much amounts to what goes where. In theory only." Not that Chrys' was much better, considering she'd only had sex with Chance, just the one time. Assuming they hadn't been extremely active that night, anyway, seeing as neither of them could bloody well remember it. "No wonder your family has so many kids running around." It might've seemed insulting, if not for her tone of voice, which was decidedly playful in spite of the situation.

spaceHe'd laughed at her lame bug joke, too, so that was a good sign. She was pretty sure. Of course, it could be that he was hysterical and this was a sign that he was going to have some kind of dramatic mental break.
                                                      "Honestly, I probably should've known," she muttered, trying not to snicker at her own stupidity. "I mean, I don't remember my mother being pregnant with Finny or Sher at all, but I sort of know the symptoms of pregnancy. If I were better at tracking my period I probably would've noticed that I haven't bloody had one." Merlin, she was an idiot. Then again, there was always the chance that she had actually known, deep down, and been ignoring it because it was terrifying. Hm. Did that sound better, or worse, than "I'm an idiot and didn't realize I had morning sickness"?

spaceShe was relieved when he said she could come sit with him, settling in close to him. It didn't occur to her until she was already there that 'go ahead and sit down' didn't necessarily mean 'practically in my lap'. In her defense, she'd more or less taken up residence there since they'd become officially a couple. She considered scooting to the side, then decided against it; she'd move if he asked her to, but if he didn't, doing so of her own volition would just make it awkward. She was so busy with that particular train of thought, she almost didn't notice what he'd said.

spaceHer brows drew together in confusion when it registered.
                                                      "You didn't do anything to me," she said dryly, "except maybe invite me out that night. I bought my drinks, I threw myself at you, I kissed you first... I mean, I know we don't remember much after that, but it seems like I was a fairly active participant. Actually, I'm pretty sure I was the aggressor in the whole thing. So maybe I should be apologizing for it." She shrugged. Guilt hadn't really been a factor, but now suddenly it... sort of was. From the evidence they had, it seemed like there was a pretty strong case for Chance just going along with whatever she'd done, rather than the other way around or it being an all-equal-parties thing.

spaceShe frowned, running a hand through her hair again.
                                                      "... Somehow not keeping it never occurred to me," she mumbled. It had to him, though. Right away, even. So was that what he'd prefer? The thought didn't sit well with her. "I... I don't think... I mean, if you don't want to keep it, that's... I understand." Problem was, she'd known she was pregnant for three days, and had already started trying to work out in her head what that was going to look like. Not being a mother wasn't an option, either because of how she was raised or because of some latent instinct, she didn't know. But the thought of giving it up felt patently wrong. She'd considered that this was going to put strain on their relationship, of course, hadn't been sure how he'd react. But his question made real a lot of fears she'd been trying to convince herself were irrational. Ridiculous. Except now he'd said it, and she had to wonder, if she wanted the baby and he didn't, where did that leave them?

wнere - Living Room
                                                      wнen - Summer 2045
                                                      wιтн - Chance
                                                      - ooc -
                                                      blah blah blah

Diamond Wales

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:19 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Chance shook his head, internally groaning. "No, I mean like, more than one encounter. It's one of those things that people try for months on before they get pregnant, and we got it on the first shot. Seriously, what are the odds of that heppening? It's gotta be up there." Not that he didn't know it was possible, but he thought it highly unlikely. Apparently he'd proven statistics wrong, again, what with his own birth and now Chrys's pregnancy. He shook his head ruefully when she teased him about his family's size and huffed a laugh. "I don't like thinking about that, especially since my great uncle's in there too and he's just... Deveron. I'm surprised he hasn't had more kids since Drew to be honest."

When she stated she should have known, he rose an eyebrow in bemusement. "And you were the one telling me that I apparently didn't have The Talk. Though again, it's not like we planned for it to happen. I'm pretty sure I had rubbers with me that night, and I couldn't find them afterward." Chance grimaced with the thought about 'that time of the month'. Never was he more grateful that he didn't live at home anymore. Otherwise he'd be dealing with Eve and Lillith right now and that was probably bad, especially since Eve was... Eve. "Aren't periods sometimes... not reliable or something? I mean, they're great for suspecting, but missed ones aren't always because of pregnancies. I'm glad that it's not something more serious though."

Chance shrugged when Chrys said she should probably apologize. "I somehow doubt I was very unwilling to be honest. If I had been, I don't think it would have gone much of anywhere. Besides, I can think of all the women at the bar that night, and if I had to pick any of them, I would have picked you again." He blushed, ducking his head and rubbing the back of his neck.

He glanced up as she mentioned not keeping it hadn't occurred to her. That kind of surprised him. He'd overheard his mum at some point talking about how her ex hadn't really helped out and that she had sometimes regretted having Kory, and then there was his own biological... Well, there was that woman. Neither of them seemed to be too happy about their first pregnancies if the fact that Elli had cheated with his dad and his, well, that woman had dumped him on his dad. Why his dad seemed to be a magnet for those kinds of women, he didn't know, but apparently he had been. Chance just didn't want to see that happen with Chrys, especially since finding out that the woman that gave birth to you regretted it hurt. A lot. And Chance wasn't willing to delve into his own issues because of it, and Kory was thankfully perfectly oblivious as far as he knew. It was better, in his opinion, if she did want this, and wasn't going into it because she felt obligated or something.

He sighed, closing his eyes and considering his words carefully. "It's not that I wouldn't want to keep it, but I mean... I don't want you to regret it, or resent me, or resent the baby. That kind of thing, it's not a good feeling to have or know that the woman that gave birth to you didn't really want you. I know my dad explained to me about it as best he could, but it didn't help meeting her face to face and realizing it was true. That's all." He glanced down at his hands, swallowing and rubbing them together. Chance then sighed and shook his head. "Sorry, I feel like I'm projecting or something. You can just ignore that last bit."

════════════════════════
                                                  OOC:

-◬-

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:43 pm
User ImageUser Image

spaceChrys snorted at him, giving him another roll of her eyes. She should probably stop that before they rolled into the back of her head and got stuck that way or something. "Depends on how fertile people are," she pointed out. "My parents never seemed to have any trouble with it, and your family, I'm surprised you lot aren't getting people pregnant just looking at them." Though at times she did wonder. Especially about Deveron. Not that she doubted he was... well, she didn't really want to go there, but she knew better than to think the man wasn't engaging in plenty of pregnancy-causing activities. But with the number of kids he had, she had to wonder if what he lacked in height, he made up for in virility, or something. "How do you know he doesn't?" she pointed out. Then gave a nervous chuckle. "I'm kidding, really. I'm sure he doesn't." Or, she was going to pretend she was, anyway.

spaceShe was somewhat relieved to know that Chance had presumably thought of protection, but apparently it hadn't helped much.
                                                      "Maybe you lost them?" she asked. "Not that it matters. I mean, either we used them and it didn't help, or we didn't and they're missing. I'm still pregnant, doesn't matter much which it is." She would give him credit for his knowledge of how periods worked. It was basically nothing, but still way more than plenty of men knew. "It depends on the person," she replied. "Mine was pretty irregular when I was younger, so I never really paid much attention to it. Tracking it just made me worry when it was late, like I thought I was horribly sick or something every time. So I just stopped. Hence my not noticing I missed it. If I had, I at least would've considered the possibility, since I obviously knew we'd slept together."

spaceIf she'd been in a better state of mind, she might've taken some time to consider how adorable he was when he blushed. Especially when he was blushing because he was admitting that she was his first choice on girls to go home with. Which, again, obviously, since that's what had happened. Still, it was nice to be reminded. Plenty of girls had flirted with him that night, and she hadn't been aggressively fending them off the whole time. And she hadn't been around every single time any girl ever flirted with him like that. She sometimes wondered if he'd slept with her because it was her, or because he was drunker than he usually got. Times like this, she liked to believe him when he said it was about her.

spaceOf course, things were a little too serious right now for her to be thinking about that. On the one hand, she was distressed over the actualization of her fear that maybe Chance wouldn't want the baby. On the other hand, apparently he was more concerned about her not wanting it, and given his history, she couldn't blame him for that. She closed her eyes, counting back from ten, because if she didn't take a second she was probably going to start on another rant about his biological mother, and now was so not the time.

space"No, I can't ignore it," she said finally. "It's... it's fair for you to be worried about that. But, I- Look. I was betrothed when I was thirteen. I grew up thinking I was going to have to get married basically right out of school, and that babies weren't far off from that. And maybe, if it'd actually happened that way, I would've resented some things. But, probably my parents more than the baby. Definitely my grandparents." She huffed, snuggling up closer to him and laying her head on his shoulder. "But... I dunno. I saw the healer three days ago, and I've already... I mean. It's a baby. It's my baby. Our baby. It's not exactly ideal, but... way preferable to what was 'supposed' to happen." She made sure to include air quotes around the word 'supposed', and then reached down to (tentatively) take Chance's hand. "So, um. I want it. Do you?"

wнere - Living Room
                                                      wнen - Summer 2045
                                                      wιтн - Chance
                                                      - ooc -
                                                      blah blah blah

Diamond Wales

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50