Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply Threadfall
[05.27.3575 WW] Bowl & Infirmary: CLOSED Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 2:38 pm
Candidate Dhawsn

There was always a nervous thrill that came with pre-Thread preparation. Dhawsn normally spent his days gently shepherding younger children through their tasks, but it was a little impossible to focus on doing so now when there was time enough to visit with family members, loved ones. Much easier when they were tossed into the kitchen or infirmary and confined—though that didn’t always agree with the individual. He could pretend he was fine, though, one more busy body side stepping antsy dragons and conversing riders.

Dhawsn gave a sharp whistle, more out of habit than necessity to call his firelizard, and Minty popped onto his shoulder with a nervous croon. She had never liked being around so many beings at once, much less with Thread inbound. Her instinct was to hole up in her human’s bed or otherwise gather with other flits, but she was used to the routine by now. “Thank ya, hun,” Dhawsn told her after he wrapped a small satchel to her leg, peppering the green with smooches until Minty made a low groaning sound and popped Between.

While he hadn’t been at Western Weyr all his life, Dhawsn had come to know a number of people that called the weyr home, and it was always a challenge to try and find them before the call came. Sometimes (usually) time was against him and someone went first wave, and he always felt a twinge of guilt when he couldn’t at least say hi. You never knew if that would be the last time; in the past few turns, Dhawsn had been haunted by the unlucky ones. So he made concessions and outsourced to his firelizard. It felt cheaper not going himself, but there was only so much he could do to appease the ever unsatisfied anxiety within. Did they care if he didn’t see them? Did it matter? Did it...

Minty had to flap about a few times before she pinpointed Nua in the crowd and poofed closer. Darting around several men, the pale flit eventually managed a hover before the greenrider pair and shook her leg impatiently. Inside the thumb-sized satchel tied was what one could charitably called a morsel of bubbly pie, taken on the sly during his rotation and now somewhat congealed. Dhawsn’s gifts in lieu of being face to face tended to be snacks, as he felt food was the perfect gift for any occasion. Nothing said good luck out there! like something sweet.

It was as he was finishing up with one of the younger riders, highfiving the barely 16 turn old brownrider and wishing him luck—he had been injured in practice and was only now going back into the fight after two months—that Qiana appeared. “Hey, girl!” Dhawsn said. Nice, he caught her before first wave. “You know I’m good fer a drink! Y’know, assumin’ I still got workin’ hands.” He flexed his fingers dramatically and then immediately regretted how it looked like he was squeezing invisible boobs. Or was he gutterminding? Overthinking? Not thinking at all? Joy, the nerves were showing.

He coughed. “Uh, you hidin’ the good s**t, huh? Sure you ain’ gonna wanna share with yer wing first?”

demon_pachabel
Nua/Sobeth

Sweet Symmetry
Qiana

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 10:54 pm
Tybar & Asilaeth ~ Grounded

Every time, every single week of every month that riders rose to fight thread, it made him wish fervently that he could go with them. It had been a desire that bubbled under his ribs since he was grounded and had grown all the stronger until it was almost a bonfire of tightly wound anxiety since he'd met Vennodren. Since they'd fallen in with one another right up until Nzambith's maiden flight and every wonderful day since. Glued to the ground and unable to even fly very far away from the Weyr he still felt utterly useless each time he watched those wings rise and hop Between in the Bowl, off to fight Thread, off to prove why they were the best.

His little green reminded him time and again that someday they would be back there, despite his ears not working at full capacity, despite the Weyrleaders thinking he wasn't fit. Still he wandered into the Bowl to wish luck, to say goodbye if only for what would hopefully be a short moment. If anyone knew what the risks were it was him. Hands in his pockets, he gave a smile to Venn and glanced up. Asilaeth was already working on landing in front of the greenrider pair, her tiny wings barely stirring up any wind at all as she gracefully folded them and looked up at the once tiny green that now dwarfed her.

All ready and prepared to get going? Asilaeth asked, her monotone voice only raising into the question at the very last word. She never really looked as worried as she was, so it was Ty'bar's job to run a hand down her back and pat her hip when he made it there. "They're gonna be jus' fine, eh? Back 'fore we know it since they're goin' up first." His drawl came and he grinned up at Vennodren before pulling the younger man into a kiss. "Best come back in one piece or she'll fly an' find ya." Ty'bar's words said Asilaeth but his face meant both of them.

SilverLutz

---

Amra & Green Seirath - First Half

A cloud of fire lizards swam around her head in the air, chittering and squalling and making a ruckus that wasn't helping the tall woman to focus at all. Given that she and Seirath had decided to get the entire situation over with as fast as possible, she wasn't in the mood for anything even remotely like a distraction from the small lizards. No amount of firm commands would calm them though and this wasn't exactly the first time that she'd had this exact issue with them either. It seemed every time since they had come back injured, Amra's back threadscored and Seirath's shoulder burned so badly she was down with illness for months, the lizards didn't want them to leave their sight.

Or so it seemed.

They care. Let them care if they like. Not like they could follow either of them up into active threadfall and were far too well trained to even think about that as a possibility despite their erratic swirling. Time will have them calmed back down, once they see we won't be injured every time.

Amra sighed and tried giving a command again but could only shake her head.

HP: 21
Status Effect: N/A
XP:
Target Accuracy: 4
Flame Length: 2
General Stamina: 2
General Agility: 4
Between Accuracy: 3
Pain Resilience: 2
Instinct: 2
Luck: 2

---

Aice & White Finnath ~ Second Half

Straps tight, gear in place, hair braided up tightly so that nothing could find it's way out and endanger her. Ready. They were ready for threadfall as all the times before, but it would be some time before they were even able to make it up there to fight. Finnath was sporty for a little white but he was hardly large enough to even think about flying the entirety of a fall, regardless of what he might have wished for. So it would be that the two of them spent the entire flight with the Queens Wing, given the schedule that had been laid out ahead of time. That wasn't their entire plan but... what could they do?

A snort came from the otherwise quiet dragon, subtle rainbow sparkles danced over his white hide as Finnath expressed his disdain for his placement without saying it aloud and getting them reprimanded. No, just one exhalation that could have meant anything and he was back to being his nearly unnoticeable self.

With a soft laugh Aice kissed the end of his nose, lifting his small head to rest on her shoulder for the time being.

HP: 15
XP:
Target Accuracy: 2
Flame Length: 4
General Stamina: 3
General Agility: 3
Between Accuracy: 2
Pain Resilience: 3

---

Liaven and Green Sarbath - First Half

Ready, ready, ready! I'm ready! Can we go now!? Thread's about to start falling without us! Sarbath lamented, doing everything but throwing herself onto the stones of the Bowl to sulk up at Liaven about how slow everything was going. The small boy had gone over her straps, the bindings, checked her wings, checked her tail to make certain it was okay, her muscles in her shoulders with his fingers, over everything that he could think of. It wasn't the pair's first threadfall by any means but he was always this thorough and it always worried the long green that they would be left in the dust.

"We'll be in less danger if this is all checked and done correctly. No slipping straps, all your muscles warmed up so you don't pull anything. I don't want you hurt." Liaven responded simply, running a hand over her shoulders once more to check, eyes serious above the mask over his face.

Well how exactly could she argue with that other than to sigh dramatically and drape a wing over the pale boy she loved so. You're going to sunburn, did you think of sunscreen? A hand held up a tube from the recesses of some pocket she'd not known was exactly there.

HP: 26
XP:
General Agility: 5
Pain Resilience: 2
Instinct: 3

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 1:41 am
Edalla and Green Moilath (Star Flame, First Wave)

Edalla was dutifully going over her straps again, just to make sure everything was in proper working order. She was used to all the commotion around her and it allowed her green to look around, to make sure everyone was doing alright.

Mine, I am sure the straps are fine. You always do a wonderful job making sure we are ready. We could make sure the others in our wing are okay. Or others we care about,Moilath suggested gently.

If anyone needs us, then I will go give them an encouraging word. And our family who fly are all going to be fine. As will we, you do very well against thread,Edalla reminded back.

Star Flame
Edalla of Green Moilath
HP: 26
Status Effect: If applicable.
XP:
General Stamina: 4
General Agility: 6
Between Accuracy: 5
Pain Resilience: 4
Instinct: 5
Luck: 5

Pemli and Gold Ningesth (Queen's Wing, Full Flight)

Pemli was trying to breathe deeply as she went through her usual flight check of everything. Threadfall always made her nervous, so she liked making sure nothing could go wrong. She looked over her flamethrower, making sure it was in working order. She also made sure Ningesth was in the best shape, in case she needed to catch any dragons who might fall from the sky. She certainly hoped not, but she knew Thread was supposed to be heavy today, which meant dangerous. That made her think of her weyrmate and her mother, who would both be up in the heavier stuff with their wings.

Mine, they will be fine. And I will not let anything happen to you. If I need to between really quickly, I will. Nothing, I mean nothing will touch you, if I can help it,Ningesth told her rider firmly. This earned the gold a gentle stroke of her head, in thanks.

Queen's Wing
Pemli of Gold Ningesth
HP: 46
XP:
General Stamina: 6
Instinct: 6
Luck: 4

Astriana (Candidate)

Astriana had been tasked to helping with firestone, which she felt was a good use of her time. She would keep her eyes peeled for her family and friends who were riders, to make sure they were alright. They knew where she was, so they could let her know if they wanted her to come wish them well. One day, she hoped that she would be up there with them, keeping Pern safe from the the silvery menace. Perhaps soon, considering one of the golds were heavy with eggs. Her firelizards were back at the barracks, since her lead two liked to make sure they all stayed calm during this.

((Any of mine are free for interaction))  
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 7:11 am
It was Nzambith who first spotted Ty'bar moving through the bustling crowd of people and when she relayed the image to Venn, the rider turned around with a huge grin on his face. He stayed close to Nzambith as Asilaeth landed gently beside her, not wanting to get in the way, but once the smaller green was safely on the ground he moved forward as Ty'bar spoke to wrap his arms around the shorter man. Ever since Nzambith's flight things had changed for the better between them, mutual feelings coming to light and two greens rolling their eyes in an 'I told you so' kind of way.

The kiss, though quick, was exactly what Venn had been hoping for. He bounced slightly on the balls of his feet as he pulled back, a little grin replacing the massive smile that had been there moments before.

"We've come back in one piece every time so far. This time won't be any different," he said confidently even though he knew all it took was one mistake to send a rider and dragon Between. Thoughts like that weren't something that plagued him, though, and he was ever optimistic about flights if only to counter Nzambith's dreary ways.

Yes, I suppose, Nzambith said, a bit more lively now that Asilaeth had arrived. She lowered herself to the ground just a bit, scooting forward to press against the smaller green's side in an attempt to snuggle under her wing as she used to do when she was small. Now it was usually Nzambith's rotting wing that covered the smaller female, but sometimes she couldn't help herself and reverted back to her younger ways.

If we don't return, you and Ty'bar may have all our belongings, she added, her tone sincere but gloomy. We won't have want for them anymore.

Hattaki

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 8:49 am
Quote:
Qiana [WW] - 28 - she/her/hers - Fire Storm Wingsecond of White Amairrith --- Fire Storm, First Wave

He was a sight for sore eyes, and Qiana’s face lit up as Dhawsn turned in her direction. Nothing better than catching up pre-Threadfall. The man’s gesticulations made her grin, and she slapped her arms across her chest. “Daws, really. You ain’t gonna lose your fingers.” She let her arms fall to her sides, still grinning in amusement. “‘Less you piss off an angry dragon. Don’t do that.” She laughed a little, shaking her head. An errant red tinged strand of hair fell from her riding helmet, and she made a mental note to fold it back inside on her return to her Wing.

“O’ course I’ll bring some tonight, if T’mor allows it and the Wing is feelin’ rowdy. It depends on the Fall, really.” Sometimes the dining cavern was a little too sombre for wine. “Always up for something quiet with a friend though, before or after if you got the time.” She shrugged, her smile warm. Candidate curfew had to be taken into account, of course… but this was Dhawsn. It would be fine.

medigel

---------------------

Quote:
Arkhesia [WW] - 82 - she/her/hers - Rider of Green Sihrseth --- STAR FLAME, GROUNDED

A surge of fury coursed between them, and Arkhesia patted the dark, deep green snout with gentling sympathy. I'm sorry my love, but you haven't yet recovered. Old Arkhesia tried to push away the memory that floated to the surface of her mind, but Sihrseth growled, holding it in place, revisiting it to slake her anger.

It had been a terrible Fall, though perhaps not as gusty as the one today, the wind mussing Arkhesia’s short-kept, curly hair. Heavy and hot, the woman had been more fatigued than she had realised… and…

I’m so sorry, my dear. If I had been better, seen better… The pain of that experience was terrifying, freezing the blood in her body despite the warmth of the western sun. She couldn’t imagine losing a limb- a hand, a foot, or shards, even the thought of losing a finger was terrifying…

But through Sihrseth, she had. She didn’t need to glance over her shoulder to see the missing tail- she could feel it through the soul of her bondmate. How desperately the green longed to flame and fight alongside her kin- and yet here she was, Arkhesia’s will alone the only thing keeping her from thumping her tail in impatience.

I should go up. We belong up there, fighting and flying. I can fly. My wings still work.

My dear, you simply cannot bully you way into flying. You are barely recovered from the injury itself- let alone rehabilitated enough. No. It was a mistake to bring you here, to see our wingmates off. Shall I force you to our wallow, and make you rest?

The dragon turned slightly, one eye at her rider’s level, whirling red threaded with concerned yellow. No, she began petulantly, a slight, deep whine in her voice, I will stay here. I will encourage them from here. She gave a great- if slightly melodramatic- sigh and lowered her head to the ground, curling up small. Mousse, the brown firelizard of recent acquisition, settled on her snout. Fly well, dragons of Western… The dragon murmured aloud, for those nearby to hear.

Quote:
Open, Sihrseth is speaking aloud.

---------------------

Quote:
Keleres [WW] - 21 - she/her/hers - Candidate/JM Masseuse (spy)

It had taken her at least a month to overcome the tangible feeling of antsiness in the air, on days of Fall. Even now, with almost a Turn under her belt of Weyr-experience, she was still nervous. It was sure impressive, seeing all of the dragons gathering in the bowl… but her heart got stuck in her throat, and stayed there for the duration. It was hard to think about some not returning. How did they manage it? How would she manage it, if she ever Impressed? Though she knew she was ready to lay down her life- could she do it as routinely as they did? As confidently? As calmly? That was what training was for- right?

Keleres drummed her fingers on her thigh. She was dressed for running- having developed a fondness for the physical activity since having started her candidate training. Bringing refills of redwort and numbweed to the healer stations was a repetitive but necessary task, and she was grateful for the assignment. She scanned the weyrbowl, wondering what duty Mari had been given. It would be nice to get to speak to him, no matter how briefly. An unconscious smile flittered across her features at the thought of him, her other hand curling and resting against her leg.

On her shoulders, Stardust and Shimmer twined their tails together, their owner’s own restlessness seeping into them. They could sense the approaching danger- and though they were not the size of their dragon-cousins, they had that same driving instinct to fight and flame.

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 11:06 am
Ilauria & Brown Ovshth - Fire Storm Wing, Full Fall
HP: 32/32
Status Effect: None.
XP:
Target Accuracy: 6
Flame Length: 6
Instinct: 4

Another battle with thread loomed, and Ilauria was ready. Not in the overconfident, foolish, brash way, no; what she was ready for was hours of hard work, of sweat and fire and pain... because that was what the Weyr asked of her, and what she knew she had to do. Thread had wrecked too much of the world to let it fall unchecked, and to turn her back on the fight would mark her as an outcast, a coward—a traitor. Beside her, she felt the tiny brown dragon thrum with calming energy, almost automatically working to calm her nerves even before they began to fray. He would understand if she stood down, if she did not want to fight... but that was even more why she had to.

But, of course, to fight you had to be ready, be supplied. She'd bound Ovshth in his straps, donned her riding gear and cap, gotten him down into the bowl and ready to go, but she still needed the bags of stone that she would lash to his side and carry aloft to fuel his fire. Routine informed her where to go, and without paying much mind she set off at a brisk walk (though for her legs it was more of a jog) towards where the candidates were piling up the tough burlap-like bags. "Ilauria of brown Ovshth, taking two," she called out, certain that somewhere at hand was one of the headman's staff taking notes on what was taken by whom. Western Weyr had no firestone mines of their own, after all, and tracking every piece of the rock they had to buy and barter for was critical.

Without waiting more than a moment to catch the nod of said person, she reached out, grasping for the necks of two bags... and then balked slightly, when instead of rough canvas, she found someone else's hand under hers. One of the candidates, or other assistants, who'd just come hauling another sack over? She blinked up at the (much taller) fellow for a moment, and then released her 'grasp' on him so he could pull back. "Sorry about that... thanks for your hard work though, uhm," A flick of her eyes to his knots... yes, a candidate, though not one she was familiar with. "Thank you, candidate...?"
Tsunake
@Buikichi

ShinosBee

Nerd

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 2:31 pm
M'lus of Bronze Garganth - Fire Storm, Both Waves

Fire Storm

M'lus of Bronze Garganth
HP: 46/46
XP:
General Stamina: 5
Pain Resilience: 6

The normally shy bronze was nearly mincing in place, his bright blue eyes whirling at an almost violent speed. He'd forgotten the need to lay low to avoid attention, so focused on the prospect of burning down the Enemy that he had little thought for anything else. M'lus, for his part, steadily triple-checked his dragon's straps, sending calming waves to his enormous lifemate. There would be time enough for battle, but they had to be patient.

I will be patient! Garganth assured him at once, lovingly nudging his rider with enough force to nearly knock the man over. His excitement surged again at Hrimnith's approach, rumbling loudly at the blue. Oh! Yes! That will make it go away and leave our friends alone! He affectionately nudged the blue's shoulder, unable to contain his enthusiasm for the task at hand.

With practice born from many, many nudge-filled Turns, M'lus caught himself before he could lose his balance. Karinne was offered the briefest flash of a smile, lifting his own hand in acknowledgement. Be safe, was the unspoken sentiment, but such a thing could never be guaranteed. All anyone could promise was to fly and fight to the best of their abilities.

demon_pachabel
To Hrimnith/Karrine!

--

Alya and White Baihath - Flame's Fury, First Wave

Flame's Fury
Alya of White Baihath
HP: 18/18
XP:
Pain Resilience:2
Luck: 3

Try as she might, there was no way to hide the way her hands shook even as she clumsily checked over her gear. Threadfall. She should have been used to it by now, shouldn't she? All of her fellows seemed so sure of themselves, and here she was, trying not to be on the verge of tears. The thought of Baihath dying was unbearable, and she squeezed her eyes shut as they suddenly stung.

Baihath crooned reassuringly, gently nosing at the young woman with blue eyes tinged with the faintest hints of yellow. Do not be scared, Alyamine! This is the most important game! We have to play!

"I know that!" She tried not to wail, and then froze for a moment as she listened to another white. Good. I love you both. Come back to us.

Her dragon jerked his head up, immediately sending his own thoughts to Isilje and Brancath, as well as Rio. Mine and I will be back! Don't worry! We're very good at playing games! Affection and love spilled over into his message, and the white cuddled his rider until she threw her arms around his head and squeezed him hard, laughing through her tears.

It still didn't stop her hands from trembling, especially as they ran over the threadscores that would forever mar Baihath's back leg now. It was sheer luck that he wasn't forced to limp for the rest of his life... but how much luckier could they get?

-_Wish_of_Tevarae_-
For Brancath and Isilje

Meepfur
For Rio!

--

J'hcre and Green Paciseth - Star Flame, Second Wave

Star Flame
J'hcre of Green Paciseth
HP: 21/21
XP:
Target Accuracy: 5

Being the good guys felt pretty alright, sometimes. J'hcre mused to himself, settling back to wait. They still had plenty of time to wait until it was time for them to fly... and that meant more time to prepare. He hummed to himself even as he checked over his bags of Firestone and Paciseth's straps. His normally sweet-tempered green was tense with steely focus, not at all pleased that she would have to wait until she was able to burn every clump of Thread to little more than ash. His rider stroked her neck, and she sent him a distant sense of acknowledgement.

Chuckling to himself, J'hcre idly glanced over his wingmates, not at all troubled by his dragon's change in demeanor. Her moods changed like this every time Thread fell, but she always settled right back down after getting to do her part.

Quote:
Open for anything!

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 5:34 pm
Danzik and Eosphoth - Fire Storm, Second Wave

FIRE STORM
Danzik of Green Eosphoth
HP: 23/23
XP: +4 to base, +5 to distribute how I want
Pain Resilience: 5

Danzik smiled to herself at the surge of desperate affection that bubbled up through her lifemate as she made her silent (to her ears) exchanges with Iriseth. I will fall into your arms again - keep yours well and I will be back soon. Though she wasn't even due to take off yet.

She could have whispered away the entire time with her beloved.
-_Wish_of_Tevarae_-
@Iriseth

----

L'nik and Brown Hessianth - Temporarily Grounded
Hessianth bumped his head against Therianth's, offering no vocalizations but sending every wave of affection he had in his body. I would think I am injured enough for both of us - but get some of Thread for me, he requested, not willing to pull away from his beloved to easily.

For the moment she was against him, L'nik let his arm rest around her waist. Briefly he considered simply holding her there and not letting her go into danger - but they'd both chosen this life and what he could do now was trust their training and her wits. Both were reliable as far as he was concerned. "Sounds like I should work on a sturdy strap to survive such antics," he mused, even if he already had several half-worn ones that could have been used for such play. "I'll make sure we're ready for such an adventure when you get back."

Faesinger
@Shahera and Therianth.

-----
T'mor and Brown Phylideth - Wingleader of FIRE STORM WING
FIRE STORM
T'mor of Brown Phylideth
HP: 41/41
XP: +4 to all, +5 to distribute as I see fit

Mine wants to keep an eye out for any of our riders who may need a little uplifting before we take off. He trusts yours will watch after those who come down for the second wave.

Qiana had been a reliable Wingsecond and while T'mor had some qualms with losing both of his previous ones, she'd stepped up to the task well enough to make up for any familiar habits he'd had with them that had been wrenched away. For the better, really.
Sweet Symmetry
@Amairrith

-----

Nua and Green Sobeth - Queen's Wing/Firestone Run SECOND WAVE
FLAME'S FURY - FLYING QUEEN'S WING
Nua of Green Sobeth
HP: 20/20
XP: +4 to all, +5 to distribute
General Stamina:5
Between Accuracy: 4

Whenever Thread was close at hand, Nua had little to no appetite. Even afterwards it would be need, not desire, that would prompt any sort of meal. It was just one of many mile-a-minute thoughts she'd grapple with when Sobeth pulled her head from where it leaned against the woman to instead look at the little Firelizard that had come knocking.

You have a guest, Sobeth informed her mutely. Nua looked to the flitter, unfamiliar with them but still reaching out to take the offering she'd been brought by whomever her mysterious gifter was. "Thank you," she said with a thoughtful glance at the pouch's contents, dumping it out into her hand before giving the pouch back.

Now who was sending flitters off with offerings?

medigel
@Minty

----

Karinne and Blue Hrimnith - Flame's Fury, First Wave

FLAME'S FURY
Karinne of Blue Hrimnith
HP: 30/30
XP: +4/+5

Karinne smiled back - a mute expression amongst many on her face but never the less wellmeaning from her. There was no pep talk that could have been given that would boost them up higher than they were already - and she'd like to think he already knew she would prefer him and Garganth to come back in one piece.

Yes! If any gets too close to you, let me know and I'll get it! Hrimnith asserted, though Karinne reminded him none to gently that they would be at different altitudes and they would not be leaving their formation. M'lus and Garganth were capable of taking care of themselves. If she'd not been so secure in their straps, Hrimnith would have thrown her right off in retaliation.

Be safe. I'll make mine save yours some food or something for when you come back.

Tsunake
@Garganth/M'lus

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 6:04 pm
Rio was really, really starting to get sick of being a candidate. He'd had restless periods before, especially early on, purely because he wasn't used to staying in one place for more than a few months or so at most, but this was different. He was starting to resent being stuck on the ground, not because he harbored any jealousy or hard feelings about not having Impressed yet, but because not having a dragon meant he couldn't help fight. He could help, in a very small way, as all candidates did, but it wasn't the same. His friends and loved ones would be up there, in danger, while he was down here, safe and sound and worried. Isilje and Brancath, Alya and Baihath - they'd had rough turns of luck in recents 'Falls, and there was little he could do but fuss over them every possible opportunity (which, given the differences between rider and candidate schedules, was not nearly as often as he would have liked, and may have had something to do with a certain amount of underperformance from him when it came to lessons and chores).

The young man threaded his way quickly through the gathering wings, careful not to get underfoot or in anyone's way, looking for two familiar white forms - likely not together, as they were in different wings and Brancath's would be at low altitude first. It was Brancath he heard first, and that gentle touch made him smile. I know you'll take care of each other. I'll be right here waiting for you to come back, so you'd better not keep me in suspense! He always did his best to stay lighthearted, but surely they all knew well by now how deep the love and concern were beneath all the cheer.

Even as he felt Baihath, he spotted him, and hurried over to smooch-boop the white on the snout before coming up behind Alya for a reassuring squeeze and to kiss the top of her head. None of it was a lingering as he would have liked it to be, as they all had things they were meant to be doing...but while there had already been embraces and kisses aplenty earlier in the morning, right now was also important.

Tsunake
@Alya and Baihath

-_Wish_of_Tevarae_-
@Isilje and Brancath! (and he workin' his way over there too!! has not figured out how to be in two places at once yet.)

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 6:45 pm
candidate karunia

“-aaaaaaaaad! Daaaaad! Incoming!”

Karunia didn’t try sneaking this time. Already at a jog, she broke into a sprint when the road cleared just long enough to streak through, and thought about launching herself at K’on for a dramatic hug. Or a monkey climb onto him. Or an unfortunate body slapping if all else failed. She wasn’t that picky. Buuuuuuut instead she veered into the brown and lovingly smacked into him instead.

Karunia didn’t really worry for him or Alzarth, even when it came to Threadfall. Why would she? These two were pros at this point! But it felt weird not to see them off, like she was breaking a sacred ritual if she didn’t kiss them good luck. Not bye, which invited all sorts of trouble.

“Pre Junior Weyrling K’ia reporting!” she said once she pat Alzarth’s hide and peeled off, flashing a grin at her dad. “Leathers checked, sir? Firestone bag secure?”

- - - - -

candidate dhawsn (& minty)

Minty looked confused and cocked her head. Normally those receiving things looked a little happier? Whatever. She made a motion to get the sack back and kreeled with satisfaction upon its return, proofing away without further ado.

Dhawsn coughed again and almost hoped Qiana’d get too busy to remember this stupid moment. “I, uh, been watchin’ what I drink,” he admitted. “Got a bit overboard earlier, chewed out n’ the like. Kinda thin line. But yeah!” He made himself smile. “Shore, f’ain’ that late.” And if he didn’t need to go looking for a few rascals again, who thought post Threadfall fatigue meant a chance to break curfew.

Minty returned to his shoulder and plopped the empty bag in his hand. Dhawsn cooed over her for a moment as he tied a second little sack to her neck, produced from what seemed like endless pockets in his pants. “Almost done,” he told her with a few more smooches that had the green flit disgruntled visibly and loving not so visibly before she took to the air.

Dhawsn had yet to notice he hadn’t made it obvious the deliveries were from him. Having approximately 100 thoughts going at once had that effect.

At least this wasn’t much of a problem for Ezyzu as it was for Nua, who would recognize the pale flit as she found a perch on Khamaith in a familiar fashion. Minty’s normally skittish behavior calmed once with them, her eyes faintly pleased as she offered another gift of sack-filled bubbly pie around her neck.

demon_pachabel

Sweet Symmetry

Prism Shine

- - -

pency & blue rekamuth (star flame 2nd wave)

Secured and strapped, Rekamuth wanted to do nothing but lounge with others in the second wave. And knowing Paciseth’s switch from gentle to downright steely during this time was always a fun target to attach to.

< Relax, my sweet, > he crooned as he turned his lazy blue-green eyes their way. < Why so serious when it isn’t our turn yet? Come here, let me ease your worries~ >

Pency took one look and did what he always did. He sighed in defeat at the prospect of being eventually dragged into his dragon’s conversation. Only, wasn’t this—Shards, this was the rider Reka had “sold” him to while defrocking him. The man made a thousand yard stare skyward.

Well, it could be worse. At least he wasn’t agitating Hessianth again.

Tsunake

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 11:29 pm
Flame's Fury Wing
J'lar of blue Loreleth // First Wave
HP: 23
Status Effect:
XP:
Target Accuracy: 3
General Agility: 2

Loreleth's eyes where whirled white in terror, the blue dragon's neck waving back and forth in a slow, agonized motion. At this point, the large man knew the routine and how his precious dragon coped with the day ahead of them. This little song and dance of terror wouldn't be over for hours, and until every dragon and rider in the Weyr was accounted for, Loreleth would preemptively mourn on their behalf.

It wasn't completely unwarranted, of course. Even if death didn't claim them, there would be countless hurt in the battle to come. Fighting Thread was no easy task, and no amount of training could prepare someone for the battle ahead. They could drill, they could memorize tactics and positions, they could seamlessly integrate various formations, but that still wouldn't save them from the silvery mass about to fall. J'lar glanced around at some of his wingmates; how many of them would come back unchanged?

But that was neither here nor there.

Pain was part of life, and something J'lar understood well. Death was inevitable, even if his blue feared it so. Idly, he reached up to stroke his blue's neck, leaning closer to his Beloved, and sending him a wave of fondness and affection. He wasn't going to promise that everything would be okay, but he was going to ensure his blue knew that he was loved and cherished. If he had to fall in battle, he certainly would rather together than apart. Don't you worry, none. S'just a few hours for us, and a few hours for them. You'll be helping to keep 'em all safe.

The dragon's head lowered, and he seemed to shudder in fear. But what if--

Don't think about that. Think about where we are now. Pern needs you. Your wingmates need you. Brieteth needs you. I need you. Remember, every patch you flame is less of a threat to any of 'em. You just think' bout what's near us, getting us through it, and we can worry about everyone else when we're back, a'ight? He thumped his blue's neck again.

Loreleth didn't seem convinced, but J'lar was well accustomed to such a feeling. ...I will try. I will miss them though, all of them, if they don't come back. The blue confided softly. He looked about, wanting, hoping, yearning to memorize every face that he could, just in case they needed to be remembered, later.

And they'll miss you if you don't come back. So let's not give anyone good reason to mourn today.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:17 am
Cortun and White Menyherth -- Star Flame, First wave

Everything seems perfectly snug. No chafing. I do believe we are ready. Menyherth dutifully replied, watching as Cortun patted the last strap down smooth. His wings flared out, mindful of those around him as his wings flapped a few times and resettled. Yes, all good.. But his head perked, turning as he was addressed. Cubath, yes. His eyes took almost a hint of amusement -- for the message was passed on quickly to his rider before addressing Cubath. Should the day arise he wouldn’t make time for someone dear to him, I wouldn’t be here to see it. The remark is a touch dry and a bit dark given what they were about to rise and face against, but he follows it up with a gentle, Best of luck to you and Yours today. Fly fierce.

With the mental nudge, Cortun hadn’t wasted much time belaying finding Xela’s side -- weaving between dragon, rider, and folk to find the greenrider that had captivated him so easily in such a short span of time. It wouldn’t be long before they were called to rise, no doubt. “Xela,” He called, his steps shortening a touch as he approached. What did he say? The fear in him was palpable. They would be called to rise, and there would be the nerves of the possibility he might not see her when he landed once more. She brings out the softest smile in him, reserved just for her. Cortun raised his hand, gently cupping her cheek. “Stay safe, and fly well. We’ll see each other again in no time.”

With his rider sent off, Menyherth rounds on his dragons of his wing, raising his head high so he might physically inspect them. But his eyes burn with pride -- reaching out to all those under his command with warm approval, and keeping open for those who may need their reassurance.

demon_pachabel
@Xela/Cubath - <3

Star Flame
Cortun of White Menyherth
HP: 18/18
Status Effect:
XP:
Flame Length: 5
Instinct: 7

--

Zi’aso and Green Tiernoth -- Flame’s Fury, First wave

Something wouldn’t sit right with Zi’aso. Nerves had him jittering slightly, had led him to rising early as he had been lately. Nightmares certainly hadn’t been helpful, however this morning he couldn’t shake the ill feeling. A wave of reassurance, certainly not the first and likely not the last, hits him as he weaves through the crowd away from the source.

Worrying will not do us any good.

I know.

You haven’t been right since they fell. They both will be up fighting with us soon. The unspoken words lingered heavy on Zi’aso’s mind, and nothing had made him question his own infatuations more than a few days ago. Enough to contact a tanner, at the very least.

But the sight of her eases some of the nesting worry, if enough to smile at the poor candidate being intimidated. “The skies will be less afraid with you on the ground, sadly.” He forces a grin, though he’s almost a touch unsure. What was he here for? A kiss goodbye? Reassurance she was still there? He stuffed his hands into his wherhide jacket’s pockets. “We got tapped for first wave, so you won’t have to miss me too much.”

From across the Weyrbowl, he can almost feel his lifemate cringe lower into her haunches.

demon_pachabel
@Lezia - Have an idiot

Flame's Fury
Zi'aso of Green Tiernoth
HP: 25/25
Status Effect:
XP:

--

L’rua and Blue Invenirth - Fire Storm, Second wave

Quietly, L’rua shifted the last of Invenirth’s straps, settling them down against his dark hide. There was a flutter of nerves that came up anytime he rose to fight, ever since running into him. And after the awkwardness of after Killakeeth’s flight...

A large snout gently nosed into his hands, nuzzling up into the more scarred one. His eyes shifted from blues to greens to purples, with the barest hint of red. You continue to worry over him.. Would you like me to summon him? It could finally put your mind at ease. I could simply ask--

“No--” The word is so quick out of his mouth, it almost makes L’rua jolt. But he shakes his head, pressing his forehead against his dragon’s own. “No, let him concentrate. I don’t want to.. This isn’t…”

He can feel Invenirth’s interested gaze looking up at him. Not the right time?

“No.”

Uta
@O’rax - For idle (worried) thoughts~

Fire Storm
L'rua of Blue Invenirth
HP: 27/27
Status Effect:
XP:

--

Ezyzu and Gold Khamaith - Queen’s Wing, Full flight

With straps triple-checked over, the pair had been sitting quietly since Ezyzu’s mother came and went from wishing her luck. Ezyzu scritched at Khamaith’s eyeridges, taking long, slow deep breaths to center herself. With how bad threadfalls were becoming, injuries increasing, her own building experience, she’d been taking steps to try and tamper out her nerves before a fall. Her most beloved had aided with her natural calmness, and she leaned forward to press a gentle kiss to her eyeridge. Ascella had been sent to Nonami this time, as her younger sibling had been having a rough time of it lately -- hopefully the flashy flit could at least eek a smile out of them.

A different green flit would catch her eye, however, and Ezyzu could only smile at a familiar flash of pale green. “Hi there Minty. Is that for me?” She made quick work of untying the small satchel, pulling what looked like a small piece of pie out from it’s depths. “Thank you, sweetheart. I’ll give you a nice treat once I’m on the ground later, yeah?” The pie was quickly consumed -- perhaps nerves ate at her hunger in the morning, before giving the little delivery flit a gentle scritch under the chin.

With her rider’s attention diverted, Khamaith lifted her head to peer around at the other dragons assembled. Yet only one particular dragon was one she searched for, and sent a wave of warmth and love for both Baihath and Alya. All will be well today. I firmly believe it. My Baihath, I know you will do fantastic at the most important game.

medigel
@Minty - She owes the cute delivery flit a snack

Tsunake
@Alya/Baihath - Some calming luck

Queen's Wing
Ezyzu of Gold Khamaith
HP: 44/44
Status Effect:
XP:

--

Amiari and Green Cloveth - Temporarily Grounded

Cloveth’s eyes danced with amusement from where she had been watching from the side. Her gaze had flickered only between a few dragons, if to quietly watch them prepare. She was used to sitting out, though it didn’t stop her from wanting to sear thread. Yet she could stand by as moral support, especially to those she held dear. Worry lingered across both minds of rider and dragon, especially after Amiari’s first child had been wounded so by thread. So it was all they could do to not overfuss when checking on Ezyzu.

T’mor is requesting you. But her sights were on the brown as they approached, for Cloveth could offer a small shred of walking barrier for her pregnant rider. Yet once her rider was joined with her mate, Cloveth couldn’t quite help the small bounce to her step as she approached Phylideth. Fly fierce, won’t you? For me? She noses gently under his chin, though the yearn to fly couldn’t quite be kept from her voice. All in due time, she supposed.

There was no stopping the delighted smile that spread across Amiari’s face as she approached T’mor. Weighed down or not, she crossed the space as quickly as she could to wrap her arms around his neck. “Be safe for me. For us.” Gently, she leaned in to kiss him, squeezing him just a bit tighter as she could. There was worry in her eyes and in her heart, yet all she would be able to do was worry, and wait.

demon_pachabel
@T’mor/Phylideth - <3!!!

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Teiha

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:47 am
Ambrin and brown Beylith (Star Flame)
STAR FLAME WING
Ambrin of brown Beylith
HP: 34
Status Effect:
XP:

As with every Fall these days, Ambrin was calm, almost nonchalant as he went about the usual preparations. When astride his brown whose every instinct was tailored to Threadfighting, he had no fear, only a caution for the unexpected. He had no true qualm with this life, for though much more regulated than he preferred, it was good. Yet, in his heart, he was still counting down the days to when his freedom would be returned, the shackles removed once more. It wouldn’t be long for himself now, but for another who was yet to meet her lifemate… he was glad that both of them were still so young, and could afford to wait. There would be many, many turns left for them to blaze whatever trails their hearts desired.

At the sight of that certain feminine form coming near, his blue eyes lit with the impish delight her presence always provoked. Beside him, Bey’s large eyes pulsed with a pleased blue at the girl’s compliment; he had been working hard, after all! The both of them always did. And speaking of scars… they both had quite a few more now to show for it. Rugged, handsome scars that in his opinion could never be delicately traced too many times by Jackie’s fingertips, or kissed too often by her soft lips. As she left her luck gift on his pocket, stood on her toes and tilted her head in that little way she had, he bent and kissed her, just deeply enough that he regretted having to end it so soon. The frustration would fuel his performance, and further motivate him to finish the fight whole and hale enough make good on the promise that kiss had contained. He returned her wink when he pulled back, keeping his hand cupped about her jaw and running his thumb gently over her lips. “I’ll not keep you waiting long, my sweet,” he purred.

The call to take to the air would come any moment now; he backed away slowly, grinning at his darling Jackie, then swiftly sprang aboard Beylith and strapped himself in.

ShinosBee

[And everyone else’s stats for good measure because I probably won't get posts written up for them]
FLAME’S FURY WING
Jakoli of brown Auroth
HP: 40
Status Effect:
XP:

FIRE STORM WING
D’amir of bronze Delfrith
HP: 46
Status Effect:
XP:

STAR FLAME WING
Silviu of blue Aramath
HP: 33
Status Effect:
XP:

STAR FLAME WING
Euma of green Reth
HP: 24
Status Effect:
XP:

QUEEN’S WING
Talela of gold Vimiath
HP: 40’
Status Effect:
XP:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:01 am
T'mor and Brown Phylideth - Wingleader of FIRE STORM WING
FIRE STORM
T'mor of Brown Phylideth
HP: 41/41
XP: +4 to all, +5 to distribute as I see fit

Phylideth's mood increased nearly tenfold as Cloveth approached, eagerly bridging the space between them to lean his head into hers with a pleased thrum. Truly, she was the best thing about whatever it was their riders were doing together. I always fly fierce - but I'll make sure I get your share as well, he offered confidently, half spreading his wings to puff his chest out. Surely there was no doubt?

T'mor all but ignored the sudden perk in Phylideth's step, more aware of Amiari as she approached, eagerly wrapping his arms around her - and them - to bury his face into the side of her head for a moment. He and Phylideth had so far flown strong and with very little trouble, but if he didn't keep his head clear that would quickly become a thing of the past. Knowing she would be safe down here did much to ease any nerves he had. Still, to stay and hold her a while longer would have been the only thing he could wish for right then.

He eagerly drank up her kisses, pulling away only to rest his forehead against hers. "It isn't a multiple choice question, I'll be back in one piece," a lofty promise, considering, but T'mor had everything important to come back to and he planned on it.

Prism Shine
@Amiari/Cloveth

----

Lezia and Green Erinyeth - Temporarily Grounded

Your pet is coming either way, Erinyeth mused, though she had caught the vision of a particular brown bustling about the others and for a moment a streak of posessiveness thrummed through her. Adarith, come back so you may fight for me again. It was not a request, but it was as sweet of a sentiment as she would send to the one who she had let catch her (or perhaps she had caught him) and on her ledge her tail thrashed with irritation.

She wanted to go up.

Being on the ground did not suit Lezia and even though Erinyeth had given her a warning so she could throttle her barely contained temper, she still looked more sour than she felt to see Zi'aso. "False security, then. It will learn," she hissed through her teeth. She paused in her task to look up at him at the second words, brows sinking slightly into a scowl. "I've not had the mind to worry about you - I should think you're capable enough to not crumple like a flower just because I'm down here," Lezia stated stiffly, her harsh words masking her obvious opinion: she'd not been thinking Zi so fresh and dumb that he'd get him and his killed while she couldn't watch them.

SilverLutz
@Adarith

Prism Shine
@Zi

----

Xela and Green Cubath - Flame's Fury, First Wave
FLAME'S FURY
Xela of Green Cubath
HP: 26/26
General Agility: 6
Between Accuracy:4
Luck: 6

Fly smart, Cubath offered in turn. Fierceness could - and often did - lead to foolishness and a foolish move is how she and hers did not come back. How did they enjoy nice things if they died? She wanted hers to indulge now and indulge later as well - all the better.

The sudden smugness from Cubath was the only warning Xela got that Cortun was coming her way. It was all she needed to suddenly feel antsy, just in time to look the part of a nervous teenager when Cortun called out to her. Her name on his lips sent a thrill through her she'd never felt before and she had to keep her heart from getting too excited about it. Calm! This isn't the time! she smothered it only for a moment, the feeling coming back full force at his smile. "Cortun," she leaned into his hand against her cheek, knowing it's warmth would linger for some time - hopefully long enough to be renewed on the other side.

"Yes, I....I will do my best - and Cubath will do hers, which is saying a lot more," she half-laughed nervously, letting it fade to a small smile to hopefully emphasize an attempt at a joke as she reached out both her hands to cup both of Cortun's cheeks, stroking her thumb along them before she leaned in to kiss him for only a moment.

Prism Shine
@Cortun/Menyherth

----

K'on and Brown Alzarth - Fire Storm, Both Waves
FIRE STORM
K'on of Brown Alzarth
HP: 38/38

K'on was not so blind to his children to not know when Karunia was b-lining for him - especially not when she was shouting with such enthusiasm that he'd actually braced himself to have the young woman throw herself onto him. The smallest tinge of disappointment was what he got instead as she instead full-body-flung herself into Alzarth, the brown leaning his head down to nose at her fondly. She was, after all, made from some of the finest material in all of Pern: K'on and goodness.

"Mmm, they're sending the big wigs to check on me now, are they?" though his tone was almost a muted deadpan there was no doubt she'd pick up on the playful warmth to it, a subtlety that had been nursed over years. The biggest, Alzarth echoed with amusement. "Well, K'ia, we're still securing the straps with a second look - but I'm sure Alzarth needs to chew some more stone," K'on glanced to the sack he'd been occasionally offering the brown a handful from. "Give him some time to ready his guts."

Medigel

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

sariraii

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:09 am
FIRE STORM
Eo'ryn of Green Taeslith
HP: 24/24
XP:
Between Accuracy: 7

Second wave was the worst. Eo'ryn hated waiting. She wanted to get up there and flame some sharding thread. Determination and fire coursed through her veins, as she looked to the sky. Obviously, there was no thread above Western Weyr; it still filled her with an urge to get up there. Isn't it supposed to be me who thinks like that? You know...dragon and all...?

"Can you blame me, Tae?" After all...for all her casual nonchalance, in appearances at least, and for all her coarse personality, she did care. And she wanted to defend her weyr, above all else, in the second best way she could--by fighting thread. Besides. Waiting was dull, in general. She might as well chat with some of the other riders who were in the second wave, perhaps while she did a little to help out. Inaction and boredom itched at her, and the first wave hadn't even taken off.

When a dragon wished them well--Sihrseth, a green--Taeslith was quick to reply. And you as... She paused. Sihrseth was grounded, and Taeslith had forgotten until she'd glanced at the dragoness. Oh, awkward. As a supporter. You know. Support well. And uh...I hope you get well. Soon, I mean. Well, she was just putting her foot even further into her mouth. Oh, jeez.

Eo'ryn, for her part, gave Arkhesia a lazy wave. She ignored her dragon's dilemma, leaving poor Taeslith to stumble over her words, even when the dragon sent her rider a look that begged for help.

Sweet Symmetry
Green Sihrseth, Arkhesia

STAR FLAME
K'srin of Bronze Cyndreth
HP: 45
XP:

There was a way in which K'srin looked forward to threadfall--a chance to prove himself and advance--but it brought the worst of days for Nizdan, and was a chance for him to get injured, himself. Still, he was optimistic. The bronzerider had seen Nizdan, but as always, the man was distant. K'srin could tell how much threadfall days pained the other man, and his heart ached to see Nizdan as a shell of who he'd once been. He hoped, he really hoped, that he could somehow bring back the man's shrewd ambitions, at the very least. The edge that had drawn them together, so to speak. Nizdan seemed less like himself sometimes, but there were moments when K'srin could almost see N'dan, the man he'd fallen so hard for.

As much as it pained him to even think about it, even if Nizdan never recovered, even a little--he wouldn't leave his side. He'd made a promise, and he couldn't abandon the man, couldn't forget all they'd been through. He shook his head, lost in thought as he adjusted his dragon's straps. Cyndreth, for his part, kept his quiet disapproval to himself. The bronze knew that Nizdan only held them back, but his rider never wanted to hear it. Disagreeing on such a crucial matter only caused annoyance, which they couldn't risk on a day like this. No, distraction was not an option.

Out of your head, K'srin. The reminder was sharp, but that was what he'd expected of his dragon. K'srin, for his part, rolled his eyes, but he knew that his dragon was right. This was no time to think about Nizdan. As he climbed onto his dragon, he offered the man a wave and a grin, one that didn't betray any of his thoughts. Even Nizdan didn't need to know everything.  
Threadfall

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff