Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Mission Archive
Travels in Ultra Space - Hisui Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:30 pm
SubonicXP

Amaranth would send her Flareon out as the attacks from the others made their mark upon the Ultra Beast, hoping that her decision to go for defense wouldn't be necessary after all. Or, for that matter, that she wouldn't need to provide further offense, but even as the dust settled to reveal that their foe was taken out with surprising ease, the most she did was relax her stance. She was ready for round two if their foe was, so she didn't dare recall either of her Pokemon. "Deadly offenses, but no defenses... apart from the part where we gave it a team-wide bum rush."

Only when Sub tossed its currently limp form did she decide to recall her Pokemon. "At least we can actually fight one of these. Think maybe we should keep that one for research, though- wait, what's coming now!?" Her answer came all too quickly when the asteroid crashed in. What the impact didn't do to her or the others, the energy it released certainly did. As she got flung off her feet, she'd find herself disoriented from the energy and blacked out, her body unable to take the sudden flux between it and the wormhole's widening.

----

The first thing Amaranth would hear as she finally began to come to was the sound of waves crashing, barely picking up the scent of salt water in the air. "Ungh..." Her eyes would open as she stirred a bit more, revealing the beach they'd ended up on. Wherever they were, it certainly wasn't the labyrinth unless some serious remodeling had been done in the interim. "We are still alive, right...?" She asked, testing her limbs to make sure nothing was broken. Thankfully, nothing felt broken and apart from a lot of confusion, she felt otherwise fine.

Her next order of business would be to check her SNAG to try and get some idea of where the hell she and everyone else ended up. "...error?" Her heart sank a little as she thought about what most likely happened. Her brow remained furrowed as she tried to reach any of the others that hadn't been in the labyrinth, only for that to also spit out an error.

"I don't know," she concluded, looking to Larrimore and Sub. "The SNAG doesn't have anything. Just an error. Most I remember was some rock crashing through the wormhole in the labyrinth, so I get the feeling we were flung in..."

Atlantis_Darts

"I'm alright, I think," she answered, now looking to Darts. "Though that's kinda only in the physical sense."  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:10 am
Leon was late to the party; as usual. As he landed right next to Sub with his Alolan Ninetails. "Just looks like another odd adventure huh?" The Poison Channeler said as he looked around the surrounding areas. How'd they get to the beach in the first place? And...the area doesn't look like any sort of place Leon was familiar with. "Shiro any idea where we are?" Shiro shook her head, as the only thing she is familiar with. Was Snagem base as she was hatched there.  

Cecile Silverstone

MoniqueBrie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:14 am
Cecile Silverstone
Leon was late to the party; as usual. As he landed right next to Sub with his Alolan Ninetails. "Just looks like another odd adventure huh?" The Poison Channeler said as he looked around the surrounding areas. How'd they get to the beach in the first place? And...the area doesn't look like any sort of place Leon was familiar with. "Shiro any idea where we are?" Shiro shook her head, as the only thing she is familiar with. Was Snagem base as she was hatched there.

Monique's attention was drawn to the majestic, many-tailed Ice Pokémon that accompanied Leon. She was about to ask what it was when her SNAG, apparently containing the whole darn Pokédex even when it didn't have a network connection, spoke up.

Ninetales, Alolan. Ice/Fairy. The Fox Pokémon. It creates drops of ice in its coat and showers...

Monique's ears perked up at the mention that this was another Alolan variant, but it was one she hadn't seen. It must have lived on another island, like that Keokeo, which— Is that its evolution?

"Excuse me, Leon... I know this is a weird time to ask this, but..." Her voice trailed off. "Does Keokeo evolve into that?"

She looked around and wondered what the next step was for this traveling party.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:42 pm
Beau had expected to awaken mid-glide with how the impact from that rock had thrown him due to his wings. So as the slight motion and sounds of splashing greeted his ears upon awakening, it came a slight surprise. Guess the glide had been a lot shorter and straight into the water. Rolling slightly to meet the eyes of his Poliwag staring at him, the Vivillon hybrid would give a sigh before pulling himself onto the beach out of the surf. "Do we have to blame Reno? I choose to blame Larry. He keeps doing sketchy things too." Beau grumbled, shaking the now caked clumps of powder that were adhering to his body and clothes. As he cleaned himself off, a splash of the salt water would hit hia tongue and make him recoil in disgust. Well, at least the ocean water was as salty as he remembered. That was somwthing to work with for similarities.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:44 am
Wren was pleased to see that Kartana went down as quickly as it did, especially since he'd heard nothing but horror stories about the power these things had so far. Recalling his Lilligant for the moment, he'd breath a sigh of relief but he wasn't relaxing just yet. That portal was still there and no one on the team knew anything about them so it wasn't something he felt particularly safe around.

His wariness was proven to be well-founded only a few moments later when the large rock flew out of it and the resulting crash and explosion of dust sent the whole group of Snagems flying, whisked away by the Ultra Wormhole as it seemingly began to suck everything around it back in. Hopefully not including itself but that would be a problem for later, if they all survived.

~~~

Awakening a short while later, on a beach, surrounded by Snagems, sand, sea and not much else, he'd find himself attempting to wake people up only for them to continue their unsolicited slumber. After a moment or two with each, he decided to simply sit on the sand and think. Hopefully he could figure something out by the time the others woke up.

Unfortunately, he had no idea where they were, how they'd actually arrived here or what, exactly, had happened between the end ofthe Kartana battle and their arrival. As hard as he tried to remember, everything after Kartana's defeat had happened so fast that he had no concrete memory of the events beyond something coming through the portal.

When the others began to awaken on their own, he waved from down by the water, toes buried in the sand. "About time you lot woke up. Anyone know where we are?" He asked, hoping someone else might have seen what happened better than him or was perhaps familiar with this stretch of beach. "Not like we've got many landmarks to tell us from here..."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:25 pm
“I’m fine, though I didn't need the reminder that we could be anywhere in all of creation…creations? I’m not conscious enough for this yet.” Sub said in reply to Darts, brushing sand off of his clothes and confirming for himself what Amaranth and the others already had; their SNAGs were useless in detecting their location. “Nope, ain’t got a clue.” He said in response to Wren as he pocketed his SNAG. Looking around he spotted Freth walking off towards the hut. Figuring she had the right idea he followed after he, Pokeball in hand as well.

Collecting himself as well, Larrimore perked up when he heard Beauregard speak and shot the butterfly man a glare. “Only sketchy from your point-of-view. I see it as being practical and carrying out my given duties.” The Pinsir hybrid said with almost a huff, flicking his head away from Beauregard and following after Sub.

Freth would arrive at the hut first, finding an unassuming building made of untreated wood, its door containing no handle, just a piece of rope to pull it open. Before Freth could open the door it swung open itself and an older man came flying through the doorway swinging an oar at Freth, shouting at her. “Back! Get back you monster! Back to the wilds with you!” He carried on, swinging his oar. He caught a glimpse of Sub behind her and then Larrimore behind him and shouted at Sub. “Young man, watch out! There is another beast behind you!” Sub would c**k his head in confusion and look back at Larrimore before turning to face the man again. “What?” Was all Sub could think to say.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:11 pm
SubonicXP
“I’m fine, though I didn't need the reminder that we could be anywhere in all of creation…creations? I’m not conscious enough for this yet.” Sub said in reply to Darts, brushing sand off of his clothes and confirming for himself what Amaranth and the others already had; their SNAGs were useless in detecting their location. “Nope, ain’t got a clue.” He said in response to Wren as he pocketed his SNAG. Looking around he spotted Freth walking off towards the hut. Figuring she had the right idea he followed after he, Pokeball in hand as well.

Collecting himself as well, Larrimore perked up when he heard Beauregard speak and shot the butterfly man a glare. “Only sketchy from your point-of-view. I see it as being practical and carrying out my given duties.” The Pinsir hybrid said with almost a huff, flicking his head away from Beauregard and following after Sub.

Freth would arrive at the hut first, finding an unassuming building made of untreated wood, its door containing no handle, just a piece of rope to pull it open. Before Freth could open the door it swung open itself and an older man came flying through the doorway swinging an oar at Freth, shouting at her. “Back! Get back you monster! Back to the wilds with you!” He carried on, swinging his oar. He caught a glimpse of Sub behind her and then Larrimore behind him and shouted at Sub. “Young man, watch out! There is another beast behind you!” Sub would c**k his head in confusion and look back at Larrimore before turning to face the man again. “What?” Was all Sub could think to say.

The sudden surprise nearly made Freth jump in shock, backing away, weaving, and ducking from getting clocked by the man with the oar. "Hey! Watch it! What on-"

"Freth, this might be a reality that people haven't seen a hybrid, let alone know what one is." the hunter spoke up.

"I gathered that..." she grunted out to herself, all until she stood her ground and managed to catch the oar in mid swing. If the man would try to pull away, he'd be hard pressed with what to the man could only be said was a vice like grip. "Calm Down!" Freth shouted to him. "There are no monsters here!"

"Good job. That'll do the trick."
the hunter snarked.

"We've found ourselves on the beach and lost and are trying to figure out where we are." Freth then said to the man.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:30 pm
Monique heard the commotion with Freth and quickly realized she was going to need that human Illusion of hers before she continued, judging by the reaction she got. It made her sigh. Some people just didn't get it, did they?

"I can explain most of this, if you'd like, though I have a couple of questions for you as well." She crossed her arms across her chest, standing just ahead of Kalama, the Marowak looking on warily at the man that had attempted to assault Freth and twirling her flaming bone. "We likely landed here through something called an Ultra Wormhole. Sir, does that sound familiar to you?"  

MoniqueBrie

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:38 pm
The man let out a gasp as Freth caught his oar, holding onto it for just a moment longer, letting go the moment she uttered her first word. A look of shock and horror washed over his face as he let go and stumbled backwards in fright. "I-it talked! Sinnoh protect me it's a demon!" The man said, positively trembling as he lost his bearings and was now backed up against the outside wall of the hut instead of slipping into the entrance just inches away from him, his eyes never leaving Freth.

Quickly realizing what they were dealing with here Sub walked up to the man and did the only thing he could think of to bring his attention back around. "Ow! Why did you hit me!?" The man shouted at Sub, grabbing his face where Sub had hit him. Sub only smiled at first as the man was now focused and angry at him, forgetting about Freth for a brief moment, which is what he wanted.

"You need to calm down. My friends here are not monsters, they just look different from you and I." He explained to the man. "Now, if you could please repress the desire to freak out for long enough to help us out we'd appreciate it." When he said that it was then the others arrived, the entire group now standing in front of this hut. "Can you please tell us where we are? We just washed up on the beach and have no idea where we are."

The man gave Sub a long and hard look, then glanced over at the other Snagems, particularly the hybrids among them. He could see that same look of fear mixed with disgust wash over the man's face as he scooted towards the door, looking to retreat. When Monique spoke up he positively jumped out of his skin and completely ignored her question, only answering Sub's. "H-hisui, this is the land of Hisui. I'm sorry but I can't help you!" He shouted before running back into the hut and slamming the door. "Go north! That's where the new arrivals go!" He shouted from inside the hut. Larrimore scowled over all this, particularly how he ignored Monique, he and Beauregard were familiar with situations like these.

Sub would sigh over this entire spectacle but was glad they at least got some information out of the frightened man. "So this place is called Hisui. Never heard of it but did he say something about Sinnoh? 'Sinnoh protect me', he said. Never heard the region's name used like that, huh." Sub said with a shrug. "I guess we go north."

With that the group would head north on foot down an unassuming path with not much to look at it. It seemed mostly wild here with absolutely no development and nothing on the horizon. That was until something like a village gate came into view. Sub would stop short of approaching the gate and would hang back behind a tree just far enough to be out of view of any human ahead of them. Where there was a gate there were guards, armed ones typically, and if they were as jumpy as that last person it might not be a good idea to just strut up. "Freth, you got the best vision out of all of us, what are we dealing with up ahead?"  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:56 pm
Monique huffed at being completely ignored. What is with that guy? Granted, he seemed to be incredibly overwhelmed at the posse that had turned up. All he'd coughed up was a place name Monique had never heard of. It didn't even sound like anything she recognized.

She followed the party as it followed his advice to proceed north. New arrivals, huh? She wondered what that meant as the party stopped just out of view of what appeared to be some sort of village gate. There was nothing here, though it at least was in better shape than the wastelands.

She tried to parse everything. There were people, and there was apparently something resembling civilization up ahead. That was a positive. At least they weren't marooned somewhere completely deserted.

She wondered what more she might know by now if she had a Psychic-type available to her, Crystal's words rattling around her brain like a part in some old, long-broken machine from back home.  

MoniqueBrie

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:25 pm
"Did he just say what I think he just said?" The Hunter spoke up.

"Oh. My. God." Freth spoke up. "I thought Ultra Space moves us to different realities, not different times."

"They're not exactly relative, Freth."
the hunter snapped back. "We could have made it to a reality that hasn't reached a similar point to our original time frame yet."

"Yea, roughly at least a couple of centuries off at that. Hisui? Dead giveaway." Freth said, realizing this wasn't an island. It was an entire region.

"How would you know about that?"
the hunter then asked.

"If you had studied my memories, then you'd know it was because you have to be at least somewhat of a history buff, especially when you are out to hunt down the elementals. Namely Celcius. We're in Sinnoh, centuries ago. Comparatively, that is." Freth said. "Legends were nothing more than legends and not anything was easily looked into. Considering that they're still calling the region 'Hisui' almost tells me that they haven't even realized a Pokedex yet, let alone possibly thought about domesticating Pokemon. If it was anything like our own reality, people were scared to death of Pokemon. They were wild creatures, potentially walking death machines, that had powers beyond their own comprehension, which for the time frame wasn't that far off from the truth. You're sort of right about one thing, hybrids weren't anywhere near a known thing. Perhaps, as that man so aptly put it, to these people we're actual demons. So for all intents, the lot of us that can't really cover ourselves are going to have a lot of problems as long we're here."

When Freth was told to scout out north, part of her wished she could still fly so she could get a better lay of the land. If they were in a past Sinnoh, she needed to figure out a lot of things, this beach, for instance. She rushed over, climbed a hill as quickly as she could. Sub was right about one thing, she did have the better eyesight of a lot of the Snagems. Off in the distance, she could see a mountain range. That had to be Mt. Coronet...though what part of the range escaped her. Considering the tallest peak, at least in her time, was smack in the middle of the region, it was still hard to judge. At the very least, she could eliminate the possibility of the Snowpoint area. This beach area was still a point in contention to her...perhaps this was the major waterway south of the Coronet range. The one that cut under Sandgem Town all the way close to where Pastoria City where it runs off into the sea should be. But where, exactly?

The village itself however was a whole other story in of itself. Freth took note to the various houses, just as she expected of the time frame. People were all at work, trying to make use of the daylight hours. Off on one end, fields were trying to be tilled and rocks moved out aside. The tools they had were barely doing the job, it'd seem like an eternity to actually accomplish something over there without the help of Pokemon. The guards which patrolled the streets and the gates were armed, merely with simple spears. The market place, which Freth assumed was the main street, was perhaps lively for this time frame, nothing compared to where or when she came from, but it was a living all the same. Candy shops, fabric stores, maybe a blacksmith, one lone restaurant probably. Though what stood out was the building right in the center of the village. It was vastly different design than the rest of the residential buildings, a completely different structure altogether instead of the simplistic wood and paper walls with the ceramic roof. The emblem emblazoned above the front door would be vaguely reminiscent to many Snagems, but what it would turn into was not relative to what it was now. It was a central headquarters for a squad that helped put what would be Sinnoh on the map. They were in charge of scouting the lands and protecting the village at all costs. While on the one hand, it was a wonder for Freth to behold, on the other hand, this unnerved her. This was a region in a point of time on the cusp of achieving history. She didn't know when exactly this is, but one thing for certain, they couldn't stay here. Though this did give her some idea of what this place could be.

Getting back off the hill, she made her way back to Sub. "I think we found our way to what is going to be Jubilife City. That said, we have to find another way around; we can't stay here. If that man in the shack was any indication on how our presence would turn out, it'd be infinitely worse here." she said. "Though...I don't know where exactly we'd go either."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:35 pm
SubonicXP

Blizzard120

"Seems like only the Pokedex works," Amaranth concluded after a while. Most anything else she tried on the SNAG kept giving errors, but it seemed like the Pokedex functions were an exception so long as one didn't mind not getting updates any time soon. She tried to stay out of the hut discussion given others had already taken to it, let alone the man's apprehension. She looked around and finally noticed a dock after the remark about where they should go as apparently new arrivals, figuring this wasn't the first time he's had to explain that. Perhaps the first time having to with hybrids, though.

Then, she heard Freth's remarks about where- possibly when- they were right now. "Okay, just to make sure I'm on the right page here and my mind's not failing on me. We've ended up going through that wormhole in the labyrinth and we're either in a reality that's otherwise in our distant past, somehow in our distant past, or both. Is any of that correct? If so and we make it out of here, I'm hitting up our library. Or I'm asking you about this era."

After Freth had taken to the hill to scout ahead and returned, she took to leaning against her hammer and thought for a bit. "We're probably in for a hard time no matter where we go. We go into the village, we'd scare more than just one man. We go around, we're... probably roughing it in the wild with limited supplies. I don't think we're in a position to be choosy... what if us non-hybrids go in? Maybe there's someone we can talk to and get something arranged. If not in the village, then surely somewhere nearby?"  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

MoniqueBrie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:49 pm
Even Monique, the only person in the group until now to have "time traveled" through Ultra Space, was left agape at Freth's explanation.

"If this keeps up, I'm gonna have a front-row seat to the creation of the world in no time."

She heard Amaranth suggest splitting the party. "It's...probably best...I stay back," she decided, her voice wavering. "None of my Pokémon live in Sinnoh, so they might quickly realize I'm not...from here, even if I cast an Illusion." She thought of what happened when Flower City folks found themselves in New Po. Their clothes and sometimes their Pokémon gave them away really quickly. And what followed was almost never a good sight. "But! I have a Marowak, a Castform, a Pansage, an Audino, and a Corphish." She grumbled about not having purified her Shadow Pokémon, who definitely needed to stay locked away. Priority number one, when—and if—she got back.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:34 pm
Leon was a bit taken back that Monique knew the Alolan name for Shiro. "I haven't heard that name in awhile. But yes, it does evolve into this. When Shiro was still a Keokeo, she would love to climb to my shoulder and nuzzle my neck." He said to her as they were soon welcomed to this new plain by an old man attacking Sub with an oar. Leon stayed in the back as he listened to the conversation. 'Sinnoh protect me?'. Hisui? Being sent into a new realm through Ultra Space was messing with their brains.

Leon listened to everyone's concerns about going into the village. He remembered what the old man was wearing, some traditional Sinnoh wear. He sighed as he took off his jacket. "If we are to blend in, I'll volunteer to go down there if we decide to do non-hybrids go in." He said as he stuffed his jacket and his Snag Machine. Shiro was a bit confused why he was doing that.  

Cecile Silverstone

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:55 am
Beau would roll his eyes as he heard Larrinore going off about his duties and how repeated attempts to assault a friend were just pratical. "Yes. Because its totally not sketchy to join a team and then spend half your time trying to take out another member for a very shiny piece of metal." Beau mused, keeping an eye and ear out as he began to pick up Freth's new friend at the hit and his state of panic at the sight of her. Well, that certainly helped narrow it down. They were either in a reality with no hybrids, a time before hybrids were well known, or the wormhole had just spit them out on a neach in Kalos. All three were equally possible. "Well, I feel at home already." Beau said in deadpan, slowly moving away with the others towards where the man had indicated.

As discussion of the historic likelihood of their new area came up, a slight idea reached Beau. Nothing he could dare say out loud with Larrimore so close but a possible solution to Larry's crusading issue. That or the way to instigate a Pinsir hybrid into going on a multiversal crusade. Either way, questions for later. Now it was time for approaching a town hostile to a hy rid's very existence and liable to flee at the sight of them beforw they even did anything to truly be scary. Or, as Beau would have put it back in his Kalosian Republic Army days, Tuesday. "So.... I'm just gonna go ahead and say it out loud. The priveleged normies go into town and see if we can get any information while us undesirables loop around the town to a route out of town. Unless you wanna go full shock and awe, in which case I need five minutes to dry out and then we can proceed with blowing things up."  
Team Mission Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff