Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals: O RLY? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

O RLY?
  NO WAI!
  YARLY!
View Results

Ursus the Grim

Ursine Warlord

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Marathon 300
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:29 am
Manji-luo
if anyone has seen the South Park episode on the 2004 election (terd sandwich versus a giant douche), and you remember the PETA encampment, then that's pretty much how i feel about them.

they're psycho, they're idiots, and they jsut dont think things straight >_<

also:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

South Park, eh? Quite a serious and reputable source you have. We should probably kill Barbara Streissand while we're at it, seeing as how she's known to be a giant mechadinosaur. Oh yes, then there's Mr. Hanky! I'm going to start talking to my crap. . . I feel like I am now, actually.

They're psycho? That's what people always say about revolutionaries and people who have the balls not to be afraid of stating their beliefs-and fighting for them.

They're idiots? That's why they have managed to launch such a successful campaign against animal testing, right?

It's funny how we are all taught to stand up for our beliefs, but the moment we dissent from the norm, we're "psycho" and "idiots".  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:39 am
PETA can kiss my a**. More than 2/3rds the animals they rescue, they kill. Then what do they do with the bodies? Illegal dumping. They loaded up a van with a bunch of dead dogs and threw them in the dumpsters. But they got caught. And then they're out to destroy merchandise by slapping their stickers on furs and such. It ain't their s**t, leave it alone. PETA is an organization full of hypocrites and the worst thing - they're head quarters are only a city away!  

Goddess Ace
Crew

Shazbot_the_Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:02 am
RageDruid
shaz bot not to creep u out im not a stalker but what school did u go too and :-/ PETA is a good thing

A High School up here in Canada.

And no, PETA is not a good thing. Their heart may be in the right place, but the actions they take and things they associate themselves with are hypocritical and often times appaling. For example:
-Funding eco-terrorist groups such as Animal Liberation Front so they can fire-bomb animal testing facilities.
this happens while...
-One of the top-brass injects herself with insulin derived from dogs.

She is benifiting from the very thing they hate so much. She is using a product that 'kills animals' (the term is used loosly here) while her organization attacks people who kill animals.

And then there was the add running that compared animal farms to (I kid you not) Nazi concentration camps.

It's funny; the president of PETA is a women. Yet, I have no idea how she puts her pants on in the morning. She must have balls the size of hamhocks.

I'll provide links to some of my claims later; I have to go to school. If you feel you must, search those claims for yourself.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:16 am
lifeisanoddity
peta is a very bad thing.... i mean they have a point but they r wayyyyyyyyyyyy overdoing it... besides animals are here for our uses... ppls lives rnt worth a seagull or whatever

Humans are just another animal species. We fit the decription of a mamal, therefore classifing ourselves in the animal kingdom. What makes a cat better or worse than a dog? personal opinion. What makes peguiens better or worse than seals? personl opinion. What makes humans better or worse than cats? Personal opinion. My personal opinion isn't going to make something true. Same with anyother personal opinion. stare We are just another animal in the universe. Just as incigificant and miniscule. The thing that makes us different is our tendency to be massivly disstructive, which just happens to make us feel better than anyone else.  

Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:25 am
A Frozen Soul
Please be warned. 99% of sane users who view the following will think I'm a nut. They're probably right.

In my eyes, PETA isn't doing enough. Neither is Greenpeace. Both groups are all talk, and get nothing done. I would rally behind a more militaristic, efficient version of PETA. Yes, I eat animals, but only because God put them there for that purpose. He did not put them there for us to test on and torture. Most of this research isn't even necessary. How does the R&D section of March of Dimes justify sewing the eyes of puppies shut? Honestly. Nature needs to take the world back. Hurricane Katrina, the tsunami. . . not enough. THERE ARE OVER SIX BILLION FRIGGIN PEOPLE IN THE WORLD. We don't need all of them. I'm ashamed to be human.

I am too. PETA and all that other s**t was for humane-ness. Not for vegitarianism.
NEWSFLASH: Plants are alive too. We'd have to stop eating to 'save' them all.

There is a difference between 'nicely' killing an animal (other than a human I'm ) and mindlessly and pointlessly slautering and tourtureing them. Humans are over populated in some parts, yes. But other things too. Ya, we could just stop f*ing screwing up or world and enjoy it for a minute that might help. We COULd eat bugs, except for the 'often contain deseses' part. Bugs are more nutrisous I hear any way.
[/blabbering rant]  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:35 am
I say scientists ought to do testing on like Death Row inmates or something. Leave the goddam animals alone mad

PETA...meh. Good intentions I guess, but we all know where intentions lead us...according to the saying, anyway...  

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:44 am
Sheer_Immortal
I say scientists ought to do testing on like Death Row inmates or something. Leave the goddam animals alone mad

Ya. I heard that 'animal' testing was done, even when the result was already know. Not just that but we have a different reaction too.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:46 am
About the hot dog- the same 'meat' in dog food. just more of it in the hotdog than in the big cans. The stuff that in the wild the 'death row' in the pack eat, if that.  

Metalic_Noodles

Sakura-Kyoukan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:46 am
A Frozen Soul
Please be warned. 99% of sane users who view the following will think I'm a nut. They're probably right.

In my eyes, PETA isn't doing enough. Neither is Greenpeace. Both groups are all talk, and get nothing done. I would rally behind a more militaristic, efficient version of PETA. Yes, I eat animals, but only because God put them there for that purpose. He did not put them there for us to test on and torture. Most of this research isn't even necessary. How does the R&D section of March of Dimes justify sewing the eyes of puppies shut? Honestly. Nature needs to take the world back. Hurricane Katrina, the tsunami. . . not enough. THERE ARE OVER SIX BILLION FRIGGIN PEOPLE IN THE WORLD. We don't need all of them. I'm ashamed to be human.

So you wouldnt mind if we killed you to save a monkey from getting a makeover... well if everone thought like you. we would have lots of human volunteers for those experiments in place of the animals... but i'm sure you're not going to do that.. Hypocrit  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:50 am
Metalic_Noodles
Sheer_Immortal

Ya. I heard that 'animal' testing was done, even when the result was already know. Not just that but we have a different reaction too.

I disapprove of rabbits having hair spray tested on them but...

If Socrates, my rat, was able to be tested on a find the cure to cancer, then maybe that's not such a bad thing... you also have to think of how fast they can reproduce than humans... It's unreal how much alike her paws look like human hands and how intellegent she is, so testing on her or any other rat for that matter, could possibly lead to curing diseases and such, then I'm for it.  

Goddess Ace
Crew

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:02 am
Goddess Ace
Metalic_Noodles
Sheer_Immortal

If Socrates, my rat, was able to be tested on a find the cure to cancer, then maybe that's not such a bad thing... you also have to think of how fast they can reproduce than humans... It's unreal how much alike her paws look like human hands and how intellegent she is, so testing on her or any other rat for that matter, could possibly lead to curing diseases and such, then I'm for it.

1. I believe that indivisual ingrediants are pumped into the stomache with out food or pain killers just to say 'don't ingest' on the lable of things with it al ready. Same with eyes.
2. Would a cure for canser REALLY be allowed by the government to come out? Think about it. All the billions to researchers, to doctors, to hospitals, all that money pumped into the economy stoped. More over population=more starving. Suddenly all the billions of money exchanging stoped. Think of how much the economy would change. families with more money than could ever save before? Would they really?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:09 am
Metalic_Noodles
Goddess Ace
Metalic_Noodles
Sheer_Immortal

1. I believe that indivisual ingrediants are pumped into the stomache with out food or pain killers just to say 'don't ingest' on the lable of things with it al ready. Same with eyes.
2. Would a cure for canser REALLY be allowed by the government to come out? Think about it. All the billions to researchers, to doctors, to hospitals, all that money pumped into the economy stoped. More over population=more starving. Suddenly all the billions of money exchanging stoped. Think of how much the economy would change. families with more money than could ever save before? Would they really?

#1 - That doesn't make any scence, please write over.
#2 - If someone found a cure to cancer, they wouldn't care about the government and find some way to leek out the information. When you're that dedicated to your work, nothing is going to stop you.

And stop complaining about over population. You rather have good people die from cancer who could save the world than a terroist killing hundreds of people? Yeah, he kills down the population but he's killing innocent people. It takes along time for people to grow and live life. Rats live to be about six years old and have a higher population than most animals.  

Goddess Ace
Crew

Sakura-Kyoukan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:10 am
Goddess Ace
Metalic_Noodles
Goddess Ace
Metalic_Noodles
Sheer_Immortal

#1 - That doesn't make any scence, please write over.
#2 - If someone found a cure to cancer, they wouldn't care about the government and find some way to leek out the information. When you're that dedicated to your work, nothing is going to stop you.

And stop complaining about over population. You rather have good people die from cancer who could save the world than a terroist killing hundreds of people? Yeah, he kills down the population but he's killing innocent people. It takes along time for people to grow and live life. Rats live to be about six years old and have a higher population than most animals.

Not to mention rats and mice outnumber humans 100 to one... you wanna talk about over population!  
Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff