Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
God, The Universe, & Everything Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WHAT!?
  God
  The Universe
  Everything
View Results

Kagome_Yuy

2,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:28 pm
People are having some GREAT responses!

I'm a devout Christian, and I cannot really explain why. People ask me how I know that God exists and all that, and I can't really answer them with an answer that is suitable to them. Because the fact of the matter is... you can't explain how you know. For me, I just know. I've had the experiences, felt the spirit... I just know. I've seen things. But there's no way that anyone can ever explain that to anyone so it's really something you have to experience for yourself.

I liked the comment about how if you live as if there were no God, you'd better be right. biggrin

But seriously, that's actually the reason why a lot of my friends are agnostics and not complete atheists... Because they reason that there may not be a God... but if there is and they don't believe in Him, then they're screwed. (Although it's no one's place to say so or not for sure)

Again, excellent comments. I'm part of another guild like this but their polls are not really polls so there's really no discussion. It's just someone posting a poll with one choice for easy gold. So this is refreshing. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:02 pm
I have a little problems with believing in god. I do but I don't believe alot of stuff the says. I am kinda half and half. I would like to it is just I am very high thinker and I don't really believe stuff taht does not have proof. well thats is my opinion bye heart HollisterGirl  

Hollister Betty

RoboJesus420

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:30 pm
My theory of God, follows a lot of different beliefs in the sense that it is not an entity. Rather it is the field of energy from which the reality we percieve to be real stems from.

In order to understand where I am coming from, you must understand that the world we live in does not exist and is merely a psychosomatic reaction to consciousness. Consciousness is a prism through which energy passes through.

When energy starts out, it is pure and unending. It is the Source and what people would refer to as God. As it passes through the mind and consciousness, it is altered and perceived to be a reality of matter. What we see before us, has a physical form, but is spawned from the delusion that we are individuals. The premise for existence is, "All is one." Because we perceive ourselves to be different, individuals, and physically unique, we view ourselves as multiple physical entities. On the inside, and I don't mean physically, we are the same. We are the same light, the same energy, and the same spirit that was filtered through consciousness from the Source.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:11 pm
basically what I believe in is a really messed up jumble of mixed thoughts and feelings. (i'm christian)
I believe there is some sort of being (god) that listens to our prayers, however i do have some doubts every once in a while.
the doubts are due to science and the style in which i was raised. I was and am not raised as a christian, I basically converted. So I don't really read the bible or pray that much, but I do go to church every sunday.

I wish my faith in god were more strong, however i still cannot ignore all the scientific discoveries in the world. I suppose i am a bit too credulous sometimes and my opinion is easily changed, but I truly want to become a devout christian. Yet there are so many things that go against the bible and it makes me question my religion, making it very hard to have much faith in the bible.
for instance, the da vinci code by dan brown. Though the story in general is untrue, many of the things mentioned in it are, which makes me begin to question whether or not what i am belieiving relaly is true.

oddly enough, what i beleive now is that jesus is a phrophet of god, but not necessarily his son.
Jesus spread christianity so he was very well known. Then the Roman leaders made a decision to make Jesus the son of god and with wonderful powers to heal, changing the bible and a few other things. The reason the Romans did so was because there were two religions at the time. There was much conflict between the two (like that of sunni and shiite), so christianity was a combination of the two. the peopel of the different religions accepted christianity so the roman leaders decided to make it the main religion.

something along those lines.
I don't necessarily believe all of that, but I don't entirely believe that Jesus is exactly the son of God. I believe in a heaven and a hell and a God and the morals christianity teaches, but Jesus being God's son is kinda hard to beleive sometimes.

i have a weird, messed up faith. I'm working on it.  

swtlildee1

AxTaintedxMemory

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:09 pm
Well, what did God create us for? Is it true that the world will end in 5 years? What is our purpose then? Did God create us for his own amusement? Or will he destroy the world or our population because most of us has forgotten about him? Will we be punish, tortured, beaten, sent straight to hell? Does he hate us so much to let our world die like it is? Or is it our fault the world is dying? Each year more and more people are becoming more and more greedy and self centered. Not many are very pure hearted.Every year more and more peole are killed by the evil spirits here on earth that have taken shape and call themselve human beings.
My dad always said that something happens for a reason. Like when you are late for work and all of a sudden a slow car pulls in front of you, that could be a warning from God to slow you down enough to pass by the horrible accident you could have caused by speeding. What I am saying now is even confusing me! I guess what I'm trying to say is i don't think there really is a God. For a God to be so cruel to allow such evil beings on this Earth and destroy us....i just don't get how a God could do that to his own whorshipers! CHILDREN!!

....I can't believe I had so much to say on this topic! Wow! This is the most I have ever written! ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:46 pm
I'm don't what to believe either, but I'm starting to lose my belief in God. I think that people who believe in God shoved what they said about God creating the universe and they don't even know if that's true.

randomdinoninja

2,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

The Lone Nut

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:35 pm
Oh this is going to be long.

I have many views and oppinions on this subject and i mean no disrespect for anyone. My view on god personally is that he does not exist. I don't care who has seen enlightenment or had incounters with him unless i have personally seen it and felt it myself then it doesn't happen. So i suppose i still go with the "unless i see, feel or hear it, it doesnt exist" Anyway...i believe that god has been fabricated over the years, the bible is truely only been passed down by word of mouth. So what is stopping some person adding there own bit to it, changing the words and so forth. Eventually it is changed so much that it doesnt even look similar to what it was in the first place.

God in my eyes i don't see how he can exist when so much is going wrong with the world, sure he made man.. and that is our worst downfall yet, we truely are our worst enemys in this world. But there is somethings which we didn't do and therefore im often left wondering how he could be real and justify something such as a huge tornado killing millions, sure it is a natural disaster but still... it must come from somewhere and if he made everything then why oh pray tell did he make that.

Christians well i have noticed that there not all that bad, some of course take it too seriously and ram every little bit of there faith down your throat and of course me being a shaman and a practising one through family lines apparently im going to be going straight to hell.. but get that could be this world so frankly im gonna party amongst the flames. Also they say the bible is to be all and see all.. but it is words writted on a book which they have changed to suit the times and keep there followers, since when has any religion HAD to change to keep there faith... faith comes from within and within only, not because a book has pretty pictures or writing in it.

For instance in the king james bible it said god repented, but wasnt he meant to be perfect so why should be feel the need to repent, and then with the new testements oh lordy it isnt in it. So therefore they have changed something and removed it because it didnt suit there new religion. Plus many have said jesus died for us but personally i dont think he was thinking im going to die right now to save everyone else or to save good old samantha.. i think he didnt have a choice so therefore it happened, like people in deathrow... um yea it is kinda a bad example but... best i can do lol...

I dont believe he made the world because were making it right now, we came from science people say others say we came from something else... but he did not create the world im sitting my a** on now... were creating it with every year that passes, some for the good and some for the bad...

Christians no offence but they think there god is the only one out there and that it is the best and all should follow but if he is that good then why is he sitting on that cloud not helping anyone in the world, he is said to be powerful so why isnt he stopping the wars, children being hurt or animals, sure mans to blame mostly but if this is a world he made surely he didnt have the vision of it looking like it does right now...  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:00 pm
My belief on this is that there is a God and that He did create everything. I believe that the Godhead is three seperate beings. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost. I have had experiances where I pray about something and I don't tell anyone else about it, and then that thing happens. I do not let myself dwell on the question, "Well, if God created everything, what created God?". It is not something that I need to worry about.

As my account name says, I am of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I believe in the Book of Mormon, and the Bible -as far as it has been translated correctly-. Throughout time, changes have come to the Bible. Man -in general- has taken things out of it and put things in to fit the way they believe. We are not meant to know everything. We can't know everything. Out brains would not be able to handle everything.

The reason that God lets man change things that He has told His prophets of old to include in the scriptures, is agency. God gave us our own agency. Whether we use it for the good or for the bad is up to us, but we must deal with the consequences. He wants us to learn from our mistakes and fix them so that we can return one day to live with Him again.

Wars are the result of agency. Man used their agency incorrectly, thus causing a war. Satan also has a place in all of this as well. He wants to take away our agency. If we can't make our own choices, then we cannot grow. We cannot progress. We would stay the same until we die.

Anyone have any questions? I will answer them to the best of my ability. I love this guild and this sub-forum because out in the Extended Discussion on the Gaia board, people are constantly telling others that they are wrong and it just isn't a safe environment. Here, you can share what you believe without having to worry. I love that.

Tsalagi1923

Enduring Shapeshifter

8,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Friendly 100

Lady Ashayat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:57 am

First off, I'm Catholic.

But, sometimes I have doubts to if God really does exist. Like the lone nut, I'm a person who has to see, hear, or feel something to believe it. But, like I've heard many times in school (I go to a Catholic private high school) and other places, we just to have 'faith'. But sometimes that just isn't enough to rely on.

I personally don't believe it happened exactly as the bible said it did. Take evolution for example, if we did evolve from monkey's and such, then I believe it was God who made it happen.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:30 pm
God is fake evryone knows that two stars with a posotive and negatave charge magnatised together and cuased the big bang witch created the universe!Its 1'st grade people!  

ADMlN Trovid

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:17 pm
uh troy some people actually have a thing called religion which means that they believe other things. Lets face it no one was here to see the big bang and no one was here to see god so call make the world so it is all hear say.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:32 pm
ok, yes i am one of thoughs christans, i don't normily talk about my religon to much though. But ill say what i think on this. I do beleave that god is what created us, and i beleave whats in the bible, no more or no less. It is true that he has aloud wars and so on. But as you read in the bible he wanted us to make our oun choices, and we chose to make war. im not going to say any more than this, but thats just a little of what i think.  

twylight92

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:54 pm
both seem liike a bit of a cop out to me. "Why is this like this?" "Because the big bang made it" "how?" "we dont know, it just did" or "Why is this like this" "because God made it" "how?" "we dont know, He just did"

Im undecided >.<  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:28 am
I feel somewhat morally obligated to say this, as it has not been said before.

You are essenially questioning Life, the Universe, and Everything. The Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything, is 42. Deep Thought spent thousands of years and is fairly certain that the Answer is 42.

Those of you who have read the more than compete trilogy will know that the Question is What do you get when you multiply six by nine?

My personal religious beliefs spur from my beliefs on reality, which would be long and complicated to type down. But I think there is some interesting truth in how Douglas Adam depicted the Universe.  

Googolplexian

xEmbodimentxOfxDeathx

OG Millionaire

4,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:36 pm
odd topic but it's in alot of discussions all over the world I admire this guild it's cool and i'm glad you guys let me join  
Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff