The Official Why Not Stay Away from the PS3 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angelic Light Blue

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:22 pm
NickCpointless
I would not buy a ps3 as sony have allways overrated the power of their consoles and there online service for the ps2 is a joke

surprised Ditto. PS1 was good for its time (I have one, almost everyone does xd ) , but PS2 and PS3 are not special in any way.
Okay, so PS3 is special!- it's overpriced! rofl

Indeed, that link, Pulga, was HILARIOUS.  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:59 pm
Angelic Light Blue

surprised Ditto. PS1 was good for its time (I have one, almost everyone does xd ) , but PS2 and PS3 are not special in any way.

Well, the PS2 did have most of the best games for the last console cycle. Methinks the tables have turned on them this time around however. domokun  

Altae

Angelic Light Blue

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:48 am
Other than the games, of course, is what I meant, I mean, Gamecube was not special in any way, and I have one, because it has LOTS of good games.
Yes, I have the 7 Sonic games on Gamecube, lol.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:34 am
I was going to get a PS3 until I read this thread (price didn't effect me I knew it take along time to get the money for it and I won't get it on its launch date).  

Bearer of the Black Rose

MrSeanPatrick

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:55 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH2w2l1JTs4&search=Sony's Embarrassing Press Conference

Nuff Said  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:54 pm
Altae
I do have one burning question though.

Y'know, after looking at the press conference for Nintendo, I noticed they didn't mention anything about the SSB game that's supposed to be the launch title for the Wii. You think with the huge success that SSBM got, they'd put it up there with LoZ: Twilight Princess and everything, right?

Here is what I know about the new SSM game http://www.smashbros.com/en/main.html.  

locke317

Knife In Yer Guts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:30 pm
Pulga
So the PS3 costs $500 for the 20GB version, and $600 for the 60GB one. Sony stole Xbox Live's interface, and Wii's contoler idea. I don't have enough, neither does the average gamer. I refuse to buy something so expensive unless that price includes 3 games, 2 contollers, and can cook. I own both a PS1, PS2, and PS2 slim, along with my bro's PSP. I will be purchasing the Wii, which my guess will go for $250-$300. I wish I could afford a PS3, but I make minimum, and my parents wouldn't shed that much. Sony has forgotten that the people have supported them since the beginning won't be able to afford it. Not only is it expensive, but their gonna charge everyone lots more to download content. I've been ranting for a bit.
It didnt "steal" anything. You cant steal an idea, its more or less based off of it. Xbox didnt make online gaming, PC did. So saying what you said. Xbox STOLE online gaming from PC.
Also sony did not steal the wiis controller. They got a product patented in 97-98 called the Poos' that sensed TILT, which uses COMPLETLY different technology from the MOTION the wii uses.
Also 600$ is cheap for 60GB HD, BLu-Ray and HD-DVD player and all the stuff it has in it.
And due to sonys massive fanbase (Including me) Fans are gonna buy it no matter what.
I'm behind sony on this one.

(Editted by ALB- Wow! It was IMPOSSIBLE to read that post until I made spaces after the periods and commas! All fixed!)  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:36 am
Insane prisoner
Pulga
So the PS3 costs $500 for the 20GB version, and $600 for the 60GB one. Sony stole Xbox Live's interface, and Wii's contoler idea. I don't have enough, neither does the average gamer. I refuse to buy something so expensive unless that price includes 3 games, 2 contollers, and can cook. I own both a PS1, PS2, and PS2 slim, along with my bro's PSP. I will be purchasing the Wii, which my guess will go for $250-$300. I wish I could afford a PS3, but I make minimum, and my parents wouldn't shed that much. Sony has forgotten that the people have supported them since the beginning won't be able to afford it. Not only is it expensive, but their gonna charge everyone lots more to download content. I've been ranting for a bit.
It didnt "steal" anything.You cant steal an idea,its more or less based off of it.Xbox didnt make online gaming,PC did.So saying what you said.Xbox STOLE online gaming from PC.
Also sony did not steal the wiis controller.They got a product patented in 97-98 called the Poos' that sensed TILT,which uses COMPLETLY different technology from the MOTION the wii uses.
Also 600$ is cheap for 60GB HD,BLu-Ray and HD-DVD player and all the stuff it has in it.
And due to sonys massive fanbase(Including me) Fans are gonna buy it no matter what.

Actually, a computer interface is a copyrighted creation. Therefore you can 'steal' an interface.

As for the controller, **Shrug.** I never liked the Playstation controller, adding a tilt feature doesn't change that.

60GB hard drive. . . **Does math in head.** Actually, I think a baseline desktop PC gets better than that at fivehundred nowadays. As for the BluRay and HDDVD player. Wow. You only need to spend another 1000 on the TV to run it.

As a company, I don't like sony. They are a smart company though, they know what the masses will buy, and they do their best to put that forward.

Of course, for the same token, I don't much like Microsoft as a company, but I own an XBox. I use windows. **Shrug.** What's available. I'd run a copy of linux I have floating around if I were allowed to mess with this computer.

In the console wars, it again comes down to one thing, and one thing alone: Who will present enough of a niche market to catch the most gamers.

360 is releasing Chromehounds, the mech game I've been waiting for since Armored Core. 360 has Kameo. 360 has Halo 3. ((I like the story, so sue me.)) Wii has Zelda. Wii will most likely have Metroid. PS3 will maybe have Kingdom Hearts. Other than that, Sony's typical fare for games doesn't really sit well with me.  

Punk Fox TH

Man-Hungry Conversationalist

8,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Pulga

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:35 pm
Punk Fox TH
Insane prisoner
Pulga
It didnt "steal" anything.You cant steal an idea,its more or less based off of it.Xbox didnt make online gaming,PC did.So saying what you said.Xbox STOLE online gaming from PC.
Also sony did not steal the wiis controller.They got a product patented in 97-98 called the Poos' that sensed TILT,which uses COMPLETLY different technology from the MOTION the wii uses.
Also 600$ is cheap for 60GB HD,BLu-Ray and HD-DVD player and all the stuff it has in it.
And due to sonys massive fanbase(Including me) Fans are gonna buy it no matter what.

Actually, a computer interface is a copyrighted creation. Therefore you can 'steal' an interface.

As for the controller, **Shrug.** I never liked the Playstation controller, adding a tilt feature doesn't change that.

60GB hard drive. . . **Does math in head.** Actually, I think a baseline desktop PC gets better than that at fivehundred nowadays. As for the BluRay and HDDVD player. Wow. You only need to spend another 1000 on the TV to run it.

As a company, I don't like sony. They are a smart company though, they know what the masses will buy, and they do their best to put that forward.

Of course, for the same token, I don't much like Microsoft as a company, but I own an XBox. I use windows. **Shrug.** What's available. I'd run a copy of linux I have floating around if I were allowed to mess with this computer.

In the console wars, it again comes down to one thing, and one thing alone: Who will present enough of a niche market to catch the most gamers.

360 is releasing Chromehounds, the mech game I've been waiting for since Armored Core. 360 has Kameo. 360 has Halo 3. ((I like the story, so sue me.)) Wii has Zelda. Wii will most likely have Metroid. PS3 will maybe have Kingdom Hearts. Other than that, Sony's typical fare for games doesn't really sit well with me.

Amen brother.
Oh, I have waited to say this, -10 BP for Insane prisoner.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:25 am
i plan on buying one but i will wait for abit untill the price comes down i aint paying that ammount  

Shivarra

gamer014

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:38 pm
I'm buying Sony's PS3 for 2 reasons. A. I'm a big fan of the playstation products and B. if the next-gen consoles keep their paws on their same areas, my rpgs will be on the PS3.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:44 pm
I am buying the PS3 regardless of the price. I have been saving up...yay for delievering papers and cutting yards! The price though, no matter how many people complain about it, is perfectly reasonable considering what technology the PS3 uses. What did upset me though, was the price of the games. But, to help with that, I got Game Fly. Yay for GF!

@ Gamer014: I plan on buying the PS3 for those reasons as well.  

Optimism_High

TommZeInsane

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:22 pm
In regards of this topic, I'd like to say this to Sony:

Owned.

That's all I've got to say about PS3, Sony, and PlayStations in General. "Owned." Nintendo DEFINATLY is better than Sony and Microsoft in the VideoGame department. Sure, the Wii is gonna be the LAST to come out, but will be of the best quality.

Nothing else to say.

~Tomm  
"TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas