Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
Multiple Realities Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Multiple Realities?
  There has to be
  No i do not think so
  your doolally
  pollwhore
View Results

littlewonder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:11 pm
eek Wow, I'm surprised how many ppl believe in other realities. To be honest, what I believe is that when you die, you may still exist on earth as a spirit, and live out time that way. Or you may not, depending on certain factors in your life, such as whether or not you dream, etc. Spiritual/mysterious factors like that.
I don't believe in different planes of existence. I only believe in the universe. Choices and paths in life mean nothing. It's just life.
I was intrigued earlier, though, when one person mentioned different dimensions, and theories related. She gave a link, but it didn't work for me. Oh well. What I'd really like to know in relation to that is how many dimensions there really are, what are the factors (eg the factors for our dimension being time, height, width and depth, as mentioned earlier), and what varies beliefs on how many there are.
Anyway, there was also something earlier that caught my eye. To quote,
tsukasa567
I've often thought about that. My version is a little different though. My idea is that we have died many times in our lifetime, but everytime that we do die, it creates another reality, and we continues down along that path until we die again and it splits again.

Well, it's either that or that we are already almost dead, and what we think of as life is nothing but our memeories being replayed, like when they say your whole life flashes before your eyes, well, this is what it is.

This sounds like something for the cinema. Certainly a good basis for a movie. But it doesn't even come close to feeling real, like perhaps reincarnation might (as far as things I don't believe in go). Interesting, though. Just had to bring it up.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:46 am
i think there has to be! I mean if u think about it, Earth cant be the only place or denmension with living things!  

bvaahjvbigibivb

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:26 am
Smiley_333
i think there has to be! I mean if u think about it, Earth cant be the only place or denmension with living things!
Why not?

(*encouraging people to back up their opinions*)  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:44 am
I don't believe in multiple realities. I believe in indefinite realities.

There are three factors that would contribute to this indefinite-ness:
1) Every choice we make. Every what-if out there, from the big major decisions to how long we take to do something, a new reality exists to show where that choice would lead.

2) Every factual claim made. A factual claim is X is Y. You can say I will win a million dollars today, or I will get that licence, or Vampires exist. Those are all factual claims. But in our world, some of them will not be true. These are the either/or events that will exist in one way with us, but may be different in a nother reality. Technically, any claim made is true, for there will always be a reality for which it could be true. Alternately, every claim made is false, since there will always be a reality that it will not hold true.

3) Every dream is a world. Every fantasy, every story, every dream, is just a depiction of a place that is different than our own. By just dreaming, by just using our imagination, we create realities where those dreams are no figmats.

I understand that those three points of creating reality overlap each other, but I think that is the best way to describe it. The problem with this is that it promotes such a large mess of how things work. Things are true and false at the same time, people exist and don't at the same time, live and die, are good and bad, so on and so forth. Because of so much contradictory in the worlds, I believe people cannot travel between realities. There is just too much mess to deal with it. I think dimensions are as close to reality travelling as we get, since dimension exist when two realities are so closely related that they share the same space.  

Googolplexian

Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces