No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "WYH" What's Your Hobby?
Anyone doing martial arts? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If you are taking martial arts, which one(s) are you taking?
  Shotokan
  Tae Kwon Do
  Kenpo
  Kung Fu
  Bunkai
  Jiu Jitsu
  And everything else I forgot...
View Results

Cornelius loh Quatious

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:32 am
I took karate for a couple years when I was younger, but I don't really think it counts.

I enrolled in Iaido for about a month, but I had to drop it because I didn't have enough time to do it. Next year I think I'm going to pick up Kumdo or Tae Kwon Do, maybe Yongmudo or Aikido.

To be honest, I wanna learn as many different styles as I can, including Wu Shu, Capoeira, Muay Thai, Krav Maga, Kali, and anything else someone is willing to teach me. Bruce Lee developed Jeet Kune Do by amalgating several different styles into one art, and while I don't think I'll be able to do that, I still would like to learn as much as I can. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:04 pm
Its an Indonision art called Poekoelan, yes it sounds weird, but it kicks ...  

Mystic Flame

MultiRocks2007

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:22 am
I like when we get to do weapon katas and self-defense moves. They're 2 of my favorite things to do when I go to the dojo, but we do a lot more things than just weapons and self-defense.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:18 pm
I practice Tae Kwon Do and Hapkido at the World Martial Arts Academy, and I strongly recommend both of these to anyone and everyone. I hold a red belt in TKD and a white belt in HKD...  

Tyle Donigan

MagicianXTwo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:35 am
i know the following....

wrestling (lots of tv and practice with my much bigger brothers)
Jeet Kune Do (taught by one of my friends, plus tons of Bruce Lee movies)
Street fighting (self explanitory)  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:07 pm
TKD.... white belt with 2 yellow stripes... sweatdrop

I just kinda started though...  

-DancingThroughLife-

KaguraOfTheWind

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:11 pm
I was trained in one of the oldest martial arts, the greek (I believe it's commonly credited to them) art of wrestling. Though I am technically freestyle, as a large person, my personal style leans more toward greco roman than most.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:29 pm
i do tae kwon do
I'm a brown belt =D

_neon_black_

turkish gnome

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:03 pm
I have been doing taekwondoe for 2 1/2 years and will be a black belt in a couple weeks biggrin yay, oh and i take a sword class and tactical short stick ground escape and a few more assorted things.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:50 am
I'm not but I have always wanted too! I'm about to have a baby though so I think when I enroll her I will start too!  

tsukibunni

[NPG] Jesus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:43 am
I do a martial art.
It has no name though.
I'm part of a group, "the Society for Creative Anachronism."
Each person adopts a persona, and we do medieval swordfighting, cooking, eating, archery, thrown weapons, you name it. You can take free cool classes like blacksmithing. Umm, here's a video to show an example of the fighting. (It's the adults, I'm in the 14-17 catergory)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Qlam_3UN750&search=sca  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:28 pm
X.Taiko.X
I do a martial art.
It has no name though.
I'm part of a group, "the Society for Creative Anachronism."
Each person adopts a persona, and we do medieval swordfighting, cooking, eating, archery, thrown weapons, you name it. You can take free cool classes like blacksmithing. Umm, here's a video to show an example of the fighting. (It's the adults, I'm in the 14-17 catergory)
]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Qlam_3UN750&search=sca

woah thats pretty cool  

turkish gnome

keowyn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:54 pm
I did taekwon-do for about 2 years.

My boyfriend did Ninjitsu for a long time. That s**t is pretty crazy. o.O  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:17 am
I'm a black belt in Wado Ryu and I've been taking it since I was in 3rd grade, so...about 5 years. Two of my younger cousins (one is 12 and the other is 13) take Tang Soo Do. I slept over at their house one night and I watched them practice their forms. Most of them are very similar to mine. I told them that and showed them some of my katas, and they were pretty shocked, too.  

Flaming_Ninja_Dragon

The Homicidal Hell Hound

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:55 pm
I was in karate fore a wile but than my prent's gust sed hell with that my last belt was purple.  
"WYH" What's Your Hobby?

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff