Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Hating your fellow person still? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate those equal to you?
  Yes of course I'm better than you! ( thiss also mean you're a complete d**k))
  No I love every one even if you're different than me. ((If you like this I'll be your friend))
View Results

Khalida Nyoka
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:56 pm
I hate to make a short post about something so important... but this is all I have to say:

Hatred is an unfortunate oart of the human condition.

As has been said before, people will always find a reason to seperate themselves, and to hate. It is, unfortunately, part of being a living person.

Isn't it kind of silly to hate people for hating other people?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:01 am
i try not to hate ppl. it just makes you miserable  

imbellis

hegel5000

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:46 am
I think that this kind of hate and discrimination, though it might be a byproduct of fear, might also be a byproduct of greed. Think about homophobia. At first, it was just to get religious families to reproduce and have more kids born into first Judaism, and later Christianity. And now I hear that they're making the hubbub the possibility of an amendment completely banning gay marriage (ultimately preventing good family relations in a homosexual family or in a heterosexual family with a naturally homosexual parent) so that it takes up the news and pulls us away from other things. Even if I'm wrong about that, there were some far older political reasons for homophobia.

` And more recently: discrimination against black people. When we had slavery in America, slave owners pretended that the enslaved black people were inferior, and that slavery was a good thing for them (read Kindred by Octavia E. Butler for an ultra exciting and horribly realistic book on slavery). This hate against black people spread beyond slave owners. The patrols, who were like the pre-KKK (I'm in a really big northern KKK state, actually), went around harassing (raping, whipping, and re-selling) black people. These were poor, non slave owners. But this shows another benefit of racism (for the rich): people stop thinking of the real problems, and just create more. This also meant that black people get even more discriminated against, possibly making it easier for white people to get jobs.

` Really, I think that discrimination and inequality are intended as discrimination and inequality. When everyone else looses, someone wins. Don't forget class barriers. If the rich say that they're rich because they're better (not because they're rich), then can't they say that whatever is keeping them rich is a good thing? I'm being a total hypocrite because mid-middle class in America is still pretty rich.

` I try as hard as I can not to hate people, but I ultimately hate racists for being racist, and I don't really like millionaires that much for keeping so much money. But I do have a filthy stinkin' rich friend who's driveway I thought was a small street for a moment, but he's really smart and really nice. Then I have another extremely close friend who is unusually racist and homophobic and hyper . . . . But he's willing to debate with me on these things and I'm always in the end able to prove that I'm right, so we're friends. I'm also the only student who works to try and help him control himself and do homework and so on.
` Oops, went off topic. Really, I ultimately hate people for being racist or keeping tons of money or starting or continuing wars (soldiers, no, but politicians and companies, yes, but I still wish that they wouldn't join the army).  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:25 am
There is so much hatred in society that the word 'humans' has become rather discriminatory. People are so ignorant to some topics that it's downright idiotic. I'm open to opinions but when someone is persistent in their hatred I get so irritated.  

laundromat passion

imbellis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:39 am
hatred is what is holding back modern society. hatred caused by fear of what we dont understand.

and everybody knows that hate leads to the dark side...  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:28 pm
ah I get so mad sometimes because people just judge people based on appearances. Some people just hate and no matter what you say to them they won't change their mind. In my opinion the thing thats even worse than ignorance is refusing to change their preset ideas. I have friends who are gay, bi, straight, black, white, asian, preppy, goth, smart, not so smart whatever. My school/town is actually not that bad because we have such a wide variety of people and all.  

Hiitachin Kaoru

Trash Monroe Melany

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:27 am
In the end, we are all the same, whats the point in hating people for colour, oppinion or anything else?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:40 am
I only hate people who use the sympathy and political correctness others feel for them to cheat and get ahead in life without talent. Example #1:
an african-american man has a job interview and doesn't know the job as well as the guy after him. In the end, he gets the job because if he didn't, the interviewers think that if they didn't, they might be racist. Example #2:
affirmitive action. This law says that any person not of the white male minority may get into collage, get a job and get any privilage they want just because they're not a white male. Now isthat fair? Discriminating against one race because of the color of their skin?  

ferret321

Cornelius loh Quatious

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:15 pm
ferret321
I only hate people who use the sympathy and political correctness others feel for them to cheat and get ahead in life without talent. Example #1:
an african-american man has a job interview and doesn't know the job as well as the guy after him. In the end, he gets the job because if he didn't, the interviewers think that if they didn't, they might be racist. Example #2:
affirmitive action. This law says that any person not of the white male minority may get into collage, get a job and get any privilage they want just because they're not a white male. Now isthat fair? Discriminating against one race because of the color of their skin?

I think you're a little hazy on the concept of affirmative action. I very much suggest you study up on it before making judgements or accusations. While I personally don't agree with it a great deal, I can see where it may be necessary.

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/affirmative-action/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmative_action

Basically, a minority will get the job over a white person if the two have COMPARABLE MERIT, not if the white person is vastly more qualified than the minority. If people hire poor workers on their own because they're afraid of being seen as racist, that's their problem, and the worker will either learn the job or get fired.

Also, it's not just against whites, Asians and Asian-Americans are regularly shut out of affirmative action policies because of "model minority status" or something along those lines.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:55 pm
I read that it's human nature to do these kinds of things, not that I support it  

predatorywasps

CabooseRIF

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:50 pm
Misserable people need someone or something more miserable then them to feel better about themselves. Unfortunatntly, it's part of human nature. (i'm not implying everyone hates people who are "different" then them, just that for some it's a natural reaction)  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:36 pm
I dont "Hate" people unless i have a damn good reason. by that i mean if they've personnally done something to effect my life. other than that i'm ok with everyones race, sexuality and so on.  

Forever_Night

"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces