Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
what gives you hope... mottos and subjects that inspire hope Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Isianya

Aged Gaian

1,900 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:47 am
"When someone says
'You can't',
smile and say
'Watch me'.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:32 am
Quote:
The philosophy that i live by and that inspires me is the bible quote:

"Consider the lilies of the field, They neither toil nor spin, yet i say unto you that even Solomon in all his glory was not clothed like one of these..."

This quote means so much to me in this world that we have today that is powered by the media. God does not care what you look like- not even how you dress but that won't stop you from getting into the Kingdom of Heaven.

Chrissy-Tenshi

Dapper Genius

4,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Wall Street 200

Terragor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:42 am
Isianya
"When someone says
'You can't',
smile and say
'Watch me'.

"True, if someone doubts you, just fight twice as hard, life will throw the world at you, and expects you to crush under the pressure, but why shoud we, why can't we fight back, and hold onto our goals and dreams and ambitions, through the hardest of times? People always expected me to fail, and I did, I soon realized that I failed because tey said I would, everyone has that power. So do I, I use that power to keep going, to death and beyond, if that is what I must do, so in short my inspiration comes from myself, and everyone against me, I thirst only to prove myself to the world."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:05 pm
This one is an interesing one. I was randomly bored the other day so I started putting together random words and I saw this on the page:

"When lifes gives you a lemon, throw it at life and say: 'F** YOU LIFE I'LL DO WHATEVER I PLEASE' "  

BloodyKateMary89

PirateHuntingNinja

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:52 am
I don't really have a quote about hope, just an inspiration. My family and friends gives me hope. Hope that everything will be ok, no matter what it looks like at the moment. I am Catholic, and unlike others, I really don't disagree with any of the rules.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:05 pm
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.
-Sun Tzu The Art of War

Sugihide

isabella jolie

3,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:25 am
Two that i live by are- Everything happens for a reason, and "No one can make you feel inferior without your concent" -Elenor Rosevelt. They both are completly true and i remind myself of these when something goes wrong or a person is being inconsiderate of my feelings. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:43 am
"When life gives you lemons, make orange juice."

Honestly, it's all about doing what ever you want and, in the words of Jack Black (from School of Rock) "Stick it to the man!"  

TommZeInsane

mee_shee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:11 pm
"Be yourself."

Do not go changing the soul inside of you for someone else.

It gives me hope, religously, because we need to be unique in order for our actual souls to be known for what they are.

I personally, am non-denominational. I don't believe in an organized religon.

Have you ever watched Dogma? I know it makes fun of catholicism - that's not what I'm gettting at and I would never critisize someones beliefs. But one of my favorite lines in it is when Chris Rock says how not to believe, just as long as you have a good idea.

That one goes for the same on this earth.

It's like - do not judge someone until you know them.
You can't read a book by it's cover ... and so on.

Another is ... (i forget the exact words)

but ... it's basically says that what you believe is.

Meaning that ... well, exactly that.

What is rational to the specific person ... is what is rational in their heaven, because to be honest, that's what your heaven is supposed to be. The greatest things that you could dream of ...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:12 am
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it."-Ferris Bueller  

zeropheonix

bfdhshsgvjggh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:23 pm
((man I've not posted here in ages))

Quotes that keep me going? Hm...

"I'm not a genius. Only persistent." -- Albert Einstein
"You don't need a reason to help people."/"To be forgotten is worse than death." -- FF9 (XP)
"Judge not lest ye be judged." man that's a hard one to enforce sometimes...

And a bunch of others I can't think of off the top of my head.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff