No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum
Wii not? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you get a Wii? (No complaints about the name- that really doesn't count, it's the SYSTEM that we're talking about!)
  Yes.
  Maybe.
  Probably not.
  No.
View Results

Domo-Kun Chan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:33 am
It looks interesting, I am a Nintendo fan as well. As long as the control doesn't hinder gameplay, I don't see anything wrong with the controller. All that really matters to me are the games on the systems. The games so far look like games I would want to play, so, I plan on getting the Wii.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:50 am
To be honest, after they unveiled the new controller scheme, I doubted Nintendo's sanity and their ability to pull it off, but after this year's E3, I'm confident again that the Wii is going to kick some serious console a** by removing themselves totally from the Console Wars.

My argument:
By going with the Wii's controller design, Nintendo is aiming for a much bigger audience, and no longer has to fight to control the small group of hard-core, die-hard gamers. However, Microsoft and Sony still do.
So Nintendo has effectively removed themselves from the Console Wars.

The Wii will essentially be like the DS in the much overused DS VS. PSP matchup. The control design and targeted audience are so different that they can no longer be compared to other consoles. It's like comparing Apples Vs. Oranges.

Even the heads of Microsoft and Sony acknowledged this when they suggested that the Wii would be good to buy as a second system in addition to their respective platforms.  

Altae

More Comfort In Death

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:05 am
Angelic Light Blue
Reasons you may not want to get a Wii:
arrow You may just not like the controller design, but before you go saying that you're NEVER going to get one, you should try the controller. If you still don't like it, then don't get it.

Can't you use the GC controllers for it? I thought I heard a rumor about that....  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:49 am
More Comfort In Death
Angelic Light Blue
Reasons you may not want to get a Wii:
arrow You may just not like the controller design, but before you go saying that you're NEVER going to get one, you should try the controller. If you still don't like it, then don't get it.

Can't you use the GC controllers for it? I thought I heard a rumor about that....

That was an option for third-party developers who would prefer not to implement the Wiimote in their control scheme. I imagine all the first-party games (With the exception of SSBB) will use the new controller.  

Altae

Mithos-San

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:52 am
Personally I can't wait. I'm also broke but oh well. I'm all for this "appealing to new audiences" lark as long as they don't focus all their attention on it and theres still something for long term Nintendo fans to enjoy.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:15 pm
anyone have any idea when its supposed to be coming out?  

Forte0016

Hime Xiao Qiao

Precious Raider

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:37 am
Nintendo: Wii < $250
Mario factory announces price point (sort of), says six million units in channel by March 2007.

Zelda: Twilight Princess to be released in Wii and GameCube versions
from http://www.gamespot.com/pages/tags/index.php?tag=wii

here is a really good website to look at about the wii http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Revolution  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:03 am
ill get it when it comes out XD  

The_Legend of Link

Mikallen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:51 pm
Wii = mine. mad  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:57 pm
Mikallen
Wii = mine. mad

YAY!!! Mikallen! 'SUP!?! smile

Nintendo will do the best this generation, just like they did for 3 and 4.

Reasons wii (haha) :
It will capture many audiences.
It's VERY unique and awesome.
It's cheap.

Mostly the third reason. You know how well Microsoft does on computers? Yeah. Price. Otherwise everyone would get Macs.

I'm buying an Xbox 360, and putting Wii on my Christmas list. ('Cause I want FRICKING both! rofl )  

Angelic Light Blue

Mikallen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:01 am
Angelic Light Blue
Mikallen
Wii = mine. mad

Reasons wii (haha) :
It's cheap.

Mostly the third reason. You know how well Microsoft does on computers? Yeah. Price. Otherwise everyone would get Macs.

I'm buying an Xbox 360, and putting Wii on my Christmas list. ('Cause I want FRICKING both! rofl )
Yup, that and Brawl makes my pants hop with glee.

I'm all for the Wii60 alliance.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:15 am
Mikallen
Angelic Light Blue
Mikallen
Wii = mine. mad

Reasons wii (haha) :
It's cheap.

Yup, that and Brawl makes my pants hop with glee.

I'm all for the Wii60 alliance.

Yeah, I like that website. I go to it sometimes.  

Angelic Light Blue

Forte0016

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:47 pm
it looks to me like the Wii is coming out in November, a recent issue of Game Informer is saying that Metroid Prime 3 is coming out in November, so I don't know, you can't really have a game without the system  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:16 pm
Forte0016
it looks to me like the Wii is coming out in November, a recent issue of Game Informer is saying that Metroid Prime 3 is coming out in November, so I don't know, you can't really have a game without the system

I dunno, most places I check are pointing to sometime in October.  

Altae

"TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces