Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Ohio Guild!!

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who live in Ohio, or visit! 

Tags: Ohio, Convention, Columbus, Cleveland, Midwest 

Reply Welcome To The Ohio Guild!
Gay Marriages.(sp?) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tehmafrath Uzumaki

Vicious Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:06 am
I'm all for gay marriages. Anyone, no matter race, gender, or sexual
preference should be able to marry each other. Love is the bond between
two people, no matter what the literal meaning of "love" is. The people
who wrote the dictionary are also only using a meaning when the church
was in control of everything, so being gay, was almost a lynch-worthy
crime. Now, however, should they recieve the same tax benifits as a
married couple? Yes. That is what this whole ban on gay marriages is
about, because George W. Bush doesn't want them to get tax write-offs
from being married. All he is doing is showing how ignorant this country
really is. It is a discrace to the country and should be stopped. So any of
you who are voting, don't vote Bush.

With seperation of church and state, no there is none, because the country
has not changed for the times. More and more people in this country are
non-christian. We need to change the Pledge of Alliegance, and all other
government documents so they are not discriminitory or against ones
beliefs.

Free country my a** . . .  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:16 am
Gay marrage doesnt bother me.
Gays don't bother me.
Love is love no matter the gender and politcs shouldn't be able to prevent that.
The only people who don't like it are homophobes or just personally hate gays due to experiences or society.
Just let them lead their own life, if they don't bother you then you shouldn't give a s**t.  

FitzLOKO87
Crew

Quotable Gaian

10,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

cherry haterade

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:00 pm
Atleast there are some intelligant people on gaia.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:35 pm
AegisEvo
Marriage is was something that started off in religious rituals, so in all reality the government has no control on making it legal or illegal to do so based on the whole church and state separation but like Oblivion said the church is so powerful they can do whatever they want, which is kinda true. However I don't want to see it get to the point where gay couples are suing churches because they won't marry them when it's the church's right to refuse. In all reality in government document they shouldn’t refer to the joining of a two people as marriage they should form a new term that doesn’t involve the church once so ever. I don't care if you gay just don't annoy me.

Not really. You have to get a marriage liscence before you can even begin to make plans. The government gives you permission to get married, how you get married in what way or religion (on none religion) is up to you, but the state gives permission.  

CpainsorVio7

Little Draggon Zhao Yun

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:43 pm
I'm glad to see how well this topic is going. biggrin

And to VideoGameSuperMaster, I meant to say this in my other post. How would gay couples have kids other than adoption. It's not like you can have kids from a**l or oral sex. So your post is void. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:11 pm
Gay marriage would be legal by now if it wasn't for hitler. Do your research andyou'll know what I mean.  

CpainsorVio7

[Cesar]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:18 pm
IMO, the whole "Their (adopted) kids will be gay" has some footing. The human species can't populate via homosexuality. And by continuing/expanding the populace that is gay, man-kind begins to face a dillemma of either continuing it's race or seeking hapiness.

((Okay, okay, I got nothing for that, but at least I COULD explain it more than the poster did))  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:06 pm
Ok, sure, if gay people started making more gay people like that, the
world populace would go down. But if you really think about it, would it
be such a bad thing? We have ruined this world of ours, and it's time
s**t started to change, I myself will not be the one to change it, but I
will play my own little part. This world of ours, needs a breather. ********, a thing that has grown in its perversion.  

Tehmafrath Uzumaki

Vicious Bloodsucker

Little Draggon Zhao Yun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:30 am
Tehmafrath Usagi
Ok, sure, if gay people started making more gay people like that, the
world populace would go down. But if you really think about it, would it
be such a bad thing? We have ruined this world of ours, and it's time
s**t started to change, I myself will not be the one to change it, but I
will play my own little part. This world of ours, needs a breather. ********, a thing that has grown in its perversion.

3nodding My thoughts exactly.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:40 pm
I don't see any problem with gay marrage. Not allowing gays to marry now is taking away a constituional right from them. I think that it whould be allowed now, and for those of you that think that all of society will crumble if gay can marry, consider that maybe that if the lesbian couples still had children through artificial insemination and the males could donate to sperm banks for the artificial insemination that the females needed, all of mankind can still go on with it's merry little way of life. Don't you think that would work? And I don't think too many couples would mind those things as a price to pay to be married. But these are just ideas of a 14 year old girl. heart  

NecRomancy

fairy_goddess08

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:19 pm
i think it's good we have gay marrige and yeah how would you like it if someone said no you can't marri that girl/guy because you are two different people or no you can't get married because your hight,color, rase ext! i think people agensted it are a** whole's because i don't think you would wanna be told no(that u can't get married) for what ever reason! and it's not there folt there gay they were born that way and i hate people how are mean to gay's that's just rong there people just like us no differenc just they like the same sex wow who cares!

x_x Chelsea x_x

there that better*

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:06 pm
fairy_goddess08
i think it's good we have gay marrige and yah how would u like it if some1 said nou can't marri that girl/guy b/c's u r two diff. ppl or no u can't get married b/c ur hight,color rase ext! i think ppl agensted it r a** whole's b/c i donn't think u would wanna be told no(that u can't get married) 4 wat ever reason! and it's not there foltt there gay they were born that way and i hate ppl how r mean to gay's that's just rong there ppl just like us no differenc just they like the asame sex wow how cares!

x_x Chelsea x_x

I'm sorry, I agree with what little I understand of what you are saying,
but could you PLEASE use some sort of language while typing?
The way you talk on aim is acceptable on aim, but here, where people
aren't used to that, especially people who can barely speak our language
as it is, it's not. If your going to try and say something inteligent, use the
language skills to back it up, or you come off as another retard with
blank points.

This ladies and gentlemen, is why I think this world is doomed.  

Tehmafrath Uzumaki

Vicious Bloodsucker

fairy_goddess08

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:28 pm
i fixed it there you go now you can read it and i don't really care if i am what the worlds going to turn out like really i don't but it's probuly not going to turn out like me!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:32 pm
Ok, I think we should all be a bit more careful about what we call those who don't agree with what we think. So far, I have been labeled a homophobe, someone who hates gays either because of personal experience, or because of society, and I have also been called an 'a** whole' which I believe means 'a*****e'.

I am not one of any.

If we want to have a serious discussion about this, then let's do it, but when we start throwing around names and accusations, it ceases to be a discussion and turns into an argument.

I am against homosexual marriage. Why? Mostly because it goes against what I believe, but I will do my best to keep religion out of this. I have two main reasons.

The first reason is physiological. The basic structure for marriage is designed for monogamy and procreation. No, I'm not say that if you get married you have to have kids. I'm saying that procreation is one of the basic concepts behind marriage. Obviously in a homosexual marriage, there is no procreation. Adoption is there, I know, but that is not procreation, that is raising a child that was born from a man and woman.

My second reason is sociological. Every where in nature and through past civilizations, the pattern is always the same; one male, one female. This is the way nature intended as any one can see. From plants to animals, to people (until recently) that is the norm.

Addressing the issue of being 'born that way', there is no scientific, solid evidence that says this is true. To my knowledge, this is still a theory. If someone can point me to a credited, hard fact than please do so. Now, it is true that some people have a natural bend toward homosexuality, much like alcoholism. However, this does not mean that one should run out and fulfill that urge, or else no one has a right to say that it's self-destructive to be an alcoholic.

Lastly, for now, I do not believe that just because a person was raised by homosexuals, they too will become a homosexual. Again, there is no hard evidence of that.  

Seak

Tehmafrath Uzumaki

Vicious Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:48 pm
Hey, someone with some intelligence in this thread, OH MY ******** GOD!

Well, not much I can say, I just think in a different way than you. You
have good points as to why not, but the thing is, humans have a mind,
filled with emotions, and this idea that says "I can do whatever I want,
and I want to have sex with anything that has 2 legs and a whole!" So
some people are physically attracted to men, and some to women. It
all depends on Opinion, something the Birds and the Bees don't have.
We all have free range of thought, some peoples thoughts just differ.

With the psychological part, yes, being "born that way" is bullshit. You
grow on your own opinions, you are never "born that way" unless you
actually have some physical birth defect that acts upon your brain, and
turns on your motor. Something you have to remember though, if
someone wants that drink, they are going to have that drink. Most people
are very weak willed and unable to keep themselves from doing so. The
same goes for being gay. There is almost never a pure mental connection
for gay people, it's almost all based on physical likings. Yes, they do
enjoy the company of their partner, and they do "love" their partner, but
the only reason why they even considered a same sex relationship is
because of the sexual attraction.  
Welcome To The Ohio Guild!