Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Driving with too much cash is a crime!? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think?
  This is an outrage! Justice has not been served! D:<
  I dunno . . .
  If you carry a bunch of cash you must be a crook! O_o
View Results

J-E-O-C

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:07 pm
TheSixStringKid
You're 90% more likely to find a car full of drug traffickers than someone who just decided to break out their stashed cash and buy a jet plane (wooyeah!)- at least in my state. I think there's a similar policy with banking and withdrawing from your account.

Also, It would be safer not to. You'd might as well hold a sign over your head that says "please rob me." That's why debit/credit cards are so handy.

There are people who cant get such things for any number of reasons.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:23 am
jeoc
TheSixStringKid
You're 90% more likely to find a car full of drug traffickers than someone who just decided to break out their stashed cash and buy a jet plane (wooyeah!)- at least in my state. I think there's a similar policy with banking and withdrawing from your account.

Also, It would be safer not to. You'd might as well hold a sign over your head that says "please rob me." That's why debit/credit cards are so handy.

There are people who cant get such things for any number of reasons.

The second part was directed toward someone who made a comment about being rich. I should've qouted them, sorry about that.

Even so there are better ways to handle situations like that, but I'm not getting into it. It dosn't matter, whether you are innocent or breaking the law. There's still a high risk of danger/conviction. Any weary person would know that. But like I said before, I'm speaking from an urban perspective.  

TheSixStringKid

[Tiger.Kisa]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:38 pm
*sniff* no i did not  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:17 am
Not that I would, but I wish that I had that much money to drive around with blaugh .  

PastelFlame

RubberDuckie5792

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:14 am
Turquoise_Dragon_Master
whoa creepy, did you know 95% of all $1 bills have a trace of cocaine on it, because of druggies using it to snort?

eek ...i'm throwing away my singles.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:17 am
I don't think anyone should be excusing the actions of the government here.

Sure, carrying a ton of cash isn't the wisest thing to do but the pricipals of freedom demand that the government does not punish you for making an unwise decision when you are not violating the rights of others. Gonzales was not violating any else's rights by carrying a large amount of cash.

Also remember, this has been going on for some time and not all of the victims of this type of action were carrying over Onehundred thousand dallors in cash. There are reported cases of amounts less than ten thousand being taken. There have been cases where a person sells a car for cash out of state for say eight thousand dollars. Then the person books a one way flight home because they don't have the car anymore but for some reason they are searched at the airport. The authorities see that the person has a lot of cash and a one way flight and they simply confiscate the money as contraband and the person must sue to regain their assets.

Why carry cash? There could be any number of reasons. Trouble getting bank accounts because of financial circumstances, some personal neurosis concerning currency, some elderly people still use a lot of cash because that was the way they always did things, what ever the reason in a free society people should have the right to carry cash. Basically why ask? The government should have no say in how much cash we carry. It's just government interference.

Remember, no physical evidence is needed for this type of action, the cash is taken based on suspicion. If you have a hard time imagining why this is unjust then think of the following scenario:

You are driving your car in total obediance to the law when you stopped by the police. The police then write you a ticket for speeding and explain that your car looks pretty sporty and the suspect that you have been speeding although they did not see you speeding and there is no evidence to prove you have been speeding. When you try to protest they tell you that you can go to court and try to convince the judge that you have not been speeding if you want to try and get out of the ticket.

Would that be fair?  

Strideo
Crew

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:46 pm
gamer014
Hey Bill Gates! The law has it's eye on you!
lol  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:08 am
Thats just stupid. I've known about this for some time but you know theres nothing you can do. Its going against the goverment and the goverment will over turn a few rules to save its own a** or get what it wants. We live in a curropt world where everything is ruled by the dollar. Yes the almighty ******** dollar, it has these mystic powers over men and it makes them drawn to its green and paper ness. And all they want is more, more, more. Tehn at about that time that all of this sinks in they have the wealth the require to sastify them so now they want power, yes power. I mean whats wealth without power to them, nothing so they try to find the most powerful job they can. and I got off subject to prove a point but. They've done that for a long time.... its a way to make money and have a 'legal' reason to do it.  

Jeyu

beaulolais

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:40 pm
i'll bet the ones they rob are all ethnic minorities.

what are the odds some wealthy young blonde in her dad's porsche will get victimized?

didn't think so.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces