Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Teepees
CuterThanYou's Teepee Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:38 am

User Image

Nicole
Some info to help.
Area: Snowy plains.
Time: Late evening.

Nicole sniffed the snow before a gentle smile came across her face, she lifted her head as her gold shavings shone in the crystal snow. Her winter caot had grown in and her white coat was as sof and fluffy as ever, her purple mane danced with the chilling breeze that blew around the light snow. It's a beautiful evening she thoughed to herself as she began a slow walk down the hill her gold hooves sinking every once and a while.

Daray

Daray shook the wet snow off of his muzzle and tried to ignore the cold as he lurked around the plains in search of food. He used his hoof to paw at the snow, revealing a few blades of dead grass, and munched on them contently, trying to ignore their less-than-fresh taste. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted a faint glimmer of gold slowly moving down the nearby hill, and he raised his head in alert. Curious at the shimmer of gold and purple, he trotted his way closer to the hill, hoping the gold wouldn't dissapear before he reached the area.

Nicole
Nicole with a slight shake of her mane looked around, the snow had covered everything and she was a bit hungry, a noise caught her ear and it flickered in the direction of the noise. She didn't bother turning her head for a couple second, when she did t was hard to see, she caught a faint figure and she began a slow trot towards it. Seeming her curiousity got the best of her. She shook her mane alowing some snow to fall and her feathewrs to re-gain there rightful spots.

Daray
Soon, the distinct sound of hooves approaching reassured Daray that it was indeed a fellow Soquili. It wasn't until he was nearly ON the hill before he could make out the beautiful ivory skinned mare who had begun to walk towards him.
Happy with having someone to talk to at last, he rose his head high and proud and shouted out "Hello there!" to the approaching Soquili, too excited to wait until they were face to face.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:43 pm
User Image
Lady Kitania got me a Soquili Secret Santa Gift! 4laugh  

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:14 pm
User Image

Daray

Daray slowly walked alongside the nearly frozen river, already tired of the cold winter that had begun to set in earlier in the week. He enjoyed being in this new land, having made acquaintances with a few more... "different" Soquili than he was used to, and to some level it pleased him to find out that he wasn't so "different" after all. Having been the only wild colored stallion back in his homeland, he attracted far too much attention than he cared for, but here, he was just another horse. Possibly could even be considered tamer-looking than some of the newer breeds he discovered...... some with names like Kalonas, Winds, Unicorns and Alicorns? He couldn't remember them correctly... he had been too busy admiring the deadly Kalona Night Shade he had run into the previous day than pay attention to what she had said.

At the same time, however, it made him depressed that he wasn't so "special" anymore. What he felt more than anything, though, was lonesome. He longed for companionship, but he couldn't figure out where to look for it first.

Sighing, he flopped down on the riverbed, attempting to ignore the frost-tipped grass that soaked into his fur. What could he do to pass the time away?

Suddenly, his ears perked up as he heard a gurgling squealing coming from the river. He sat up and glanced towards the partially-iced over river. He squinted his eyes, trying hard to see in the darkened light of dusk what was out there doing all the commotion.

"What could it possibly be?" he wondered.

Mauli

Trouble always knew how to find Mauli, and today was no exception.

Struggling to stay afloat in the freezing water, the ferret continued to splash and squeal with all the power his lungs could make, hoping his old friend would be able to hear him.

He had gotten so excited, seeing his friend on the opposite side of the river, that he couldn't help but rush across it towards him... ignoring the obvious frailty of the ice atop of the river. Thinking back on it now, it definitely wasn't one of his brightest ideas.

His sharp claws managed to find a solid piece of ice, so Mauli clung to it and attempted to pull himself upwards on to the ice, but began to panic as he heard the tell-tale noise of cracking ice.

He looked up at the riverside and saw his friend looking in his direction, so, taking a quick and struggled gulp of air, he screamed out "Daaaaaaaaaaaaaraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!"

Daray
Daray knew that frantic voice. But how could it be...?

Shaking his head, the stallion rose from the ground and stepped closer towards the water's edge. Was it the spirits playing tricks on him? Was the wind doing the squealing?

"No, someone IS out there!" he realized as he saw a tuft of orange hair bobbing up and down on the water, as dark orange paws clawed their way on top of the ice.

"Could it be..... is that Mauli?" Daray thought aloud to himself, watching patches of orange and black struggle for freedom from the river's heartless grasp. He stood there stunned, as if entranced, until the tiny ferret squealed out once again "DARAAAAY!!"

Without thinking, Daray backed up and took a flying leap onto the river, crashing down on the ice and plunging into the freezing water.

Mauli
Having struggled his way up onto solid ice and shivering from the water and cold, Mauli curled up into a ball as he watched his daring friend swim closer towards him.

He mentally prayed a silent prayer to the spirits to protect Daray from the harsh river, and closed his eyes, exhausted and strengthless. In a matter of minutes, he soon heard the heavy breathing of the Soquili approaching closer, and opened his eyes.

Just a few feet away was the happiest sight he'd ever saw. Daray, looking determined and even a little bit anxious, grinned as he pushed his powerful body closer towards the soaked ferret.

Daray
"Seems like you've gotten yourself in a bit of a situation, my old friend." Daray coughed out a laugh, making sure to avoid breathing in any river water as he spoke. Mauli looked at him with frightened orange eyes and Daray knew his friend was very scared. Hell, even he was scared, but he wasn't about to show it.

"C'mon, Little Me. Hop up on my head and I'll swim us back to shore."

Daray grinned as he heard the the little ferret mutter under his breath about the nickname. He knew Mauli hated it when Daray called him that, and Daray was hoping to use the tease as a means of distraction for him... and it was working.

Soon, the ferret had curled himself around Darays head and clung to his mane with his claws, and Daray struggled to turn around in the icy water, pushing his way back towards the shore. Using his powerful legs, he kicked and stroked his way through and past the chunks of floating ice, and, just as quickly as he had gone out into the river, he was back on land, cold, wet, and very tired.

Letting off a struggled laugh, Daray stumbled up on the riverbed and looked around for a shelter from the winds that had begun to stir up. His nose aided him well as soon he picked up the scent of smoke brought in by the winds. Looking to the east, Daray spotted the smokestack of a fire and a nearby teepee. Usually not one to try to befriend a two-legged creature, Daray knew exceptions could always be made, and began trotting his way towards the campfire.

Mauli
Mauli, tired and chilled to the bone, had fallen asleep atop of Daray's head, and it wasn't until he found himself being lifted up and bundled in some form of warm fabric that he awoke.

Startled, he opened his eyes to come face to face with a young indian girl, who began to softly sing a soothing melody as she rubbed the warm fabric over his fur. Confused and alarmed, Mauli was about to panic when he soon noticed Daray laying on the ground nearby, a woven blanket covering his aching body. Daray seemed to be content and calm, so Mauli, not wanting to appear any less brave than his friend, remained calm and quiet as well.

The indian girl didn't appear like she had any intentions of harming them, or she would have done so when they had arrived from the river, wet and weak. Happy that he was finally warm, Mauli snuggled into the wrap she had covered him in and dozed off again with the sweet sounds of the young girl's words enchanting his ears.

Daray

Daray watched as his friend nodded off to sleep and felt the weariness set upon himself as well. He struggled to stay away, and before he realized it, the young woman was kneeling at his side, stroking his neck and whispering quietly in his ear.

"It's alright, my friend. You and your companion are safe here. I will help you both."

Daray whinnied his thanks to her, though he knew she could not understand the language of the Soquili.

"Now, you must get to sleep, my dark friend," she told him softly. "Swimming in the river has made you weak, and you need to regain your strength."

As she gently held his head in her arms and stroked his muzzle with her soft fingers, Daray felt himself slowly drifting off to sleep, as his eyes slowly darkened from the scenery around him.

Daray
Daray woke up the next morning to the sight of a ferret staring directly at him.

Or, more precisely, a ferret's nose only inches away from his muzzle.

"Wahaaaaaaaa?!" Daray's head snapped back, startled.

Mauli, grinning like the mischevious ferret he was, began bouncing around, insisting that Daray get up and start the day with him.

Looking around, Daray searched for the indian girl from the previous night, but she was nowhere to be found. All that stood there was the ashy remains of a campfire and an empty teepee.

Daray slowly rose from the ground, shaking off the warm blanket he had snuggled under the night before. Trotting around the campsite, Daray examined his surroundings and took in the environment around him.

Mauli, on the other hand, was busy distracting himself by bouncing from rock to rock that scattered around on the ground.

Suddenly, it hit Daray like a sack of hay.

"MAULI?!" He whinnied. "What are you DOING HERE?!"

Mauli
Mauli glanced up from his rock hopping and gave his friend another big Mauli grin.

"I came searching for you, Daray." he said, acting as if it would be something he'd do on any 'ol day. "I mean... the spirits made us to be together as companions, so I couldn't very well lose you over something as silly as you leaving our homeland."

He began bouncing from rock to rock again, as he spoke.

"I mean... you and I are two of a kind. Born under the eclipse moon.... we're destined to be different. Sons of the Dark Spirits."

He paused to look up at Daray again. "I've known you since you were a foal. Did you really think I would just let you run away without following you?"

Daray
Getting agitated, Daray started pacing on the ground, memories of his old home rushing unwelcomed back into his mind.

"I never asked to be different." he snapped, shooting a glare at his companion.

"But you are different, Da. You can't change that."

"You haven't seen the Soquili here, Mauli. They're all different here. Some even have wings or horns! WINGS, Mauli! And they all come in different colors and patterns... I'm not different anymore! I'm NORMAL!"

Daray paused from talking as he watched the small ferret stop his hopping and stare curiously at him.

"Yes, I said it, Mauli. I'm normal here. They expect me to be different, and that's what makes me normal. No more mothers to shun me, fathers and siblings to abandon me. I can be who I want to be and nobody can judge me for my appearance. They judge me for who I am, not how I look."

Mauli
"You are who you are because of how you look."

Daray's head turned to glare once more at Mauli, but the ferret ignored the irritated stare.

"If you hadn't been born looking the way you look now, you wouldn't be the Daray I know and care for."

Mauli looked down at his orange claws, and then glanced over at the matching colored hooves on Daray. Looking up, he glanced at the scar running down Daray's eye, knowing fully well he had a matching one across his own eye.

Daray must have sensed what the ferret was doing, because he began to avoid Mauli's eye contact and turned away from his friend.

Daray
Daray shrugged it off.

"C'mon, now, Mauli! Is this any way to start off again? It's only been, what, a week or two since we last saw each other?"

He glanced at the ferret, who was still looking quite solemn.

Grinning, he trotted past the ferret and circled the rock the ferret stood on.

"I bet you I can beat you to the river bed."

Mauli's ears perked up and his eyes met Daray's competitively, the seriousness in his eyes from the previous discussion slowly fading away.

"You heard me." Daray challenged again, snorting. "I said I bet I can beat you to the riverbed!"

And with that, he took off south towards the running water, laughing as the quick ferret darted beside him, trying to keep up.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:19 pm
User Image

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items