Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply RP/Game
Secret of the Medallions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Red Glacier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:59 am
he nods to Karloseth then looks at Tori "Shall we clean these animals together?"  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:14 pm
"What do you need me to do, Karloseth?" Tori asked him. "I can do only about two more runes or combination runes right now, or I will literally pass out where I stand." She rubbed her temples tiredly. "Yeah, I'll help you clean the animals, Rain. Just poke me awake if I start to fall asleep, will you? Hmm, I've never skinned a deer before. This'll be interesting."  

Kerrigan_dragon

Red Glacier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:39 pm
Kerrigan_dragon
"What do you need me to do, Karloseth?" Tori asked him. "I can do only about two more runes or combination runes right now, or I will literally pass out where I stand." She rubbed her temples tiredly. "Yeah, I'll help you clean the animals, Rain. Just poke me awake if I start to fall asleep, will you? Hmm, I've never skinned a deer before. This'll be interesting."

"alright." he said as he hot hid knife out and began cutting into the deer cleaning it  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:21 pm
"Hrm. Well, I don't want to wear you out. Think perhaps you could pull off something that will allow us to communicate? It would be better than being completely seperated. "  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:07 pm
Tokk sat in his earthen lean-to watching Rain preparing the carcasses for dinner. So crafty and graceful were his hands as they cleaned and skinned and worked at the task that it almost sent Tokk into a tired trance. The day had been long, and even now the horrible events of his mind control seemed far behind him. He crossed his legs in the tent and closed his eyes to meditate. This time, instead of focusing on the earth, he focused on the bodies around him, pinpointing each mental manifestation from his deep conscious thought. The task was difficult, and Tokk found himself sweating and dizzy after a few minutes of it. His mind was far too used to focusing on aggression and offense, and the defensive, observant state he tried to work into his subconscious now was tedious.

Finally, breathing a bit more heavily with frustration, he rose to his feet and left his tent, striding off slowly, stockily toward the nearest patch of trees. As he neared the treeline, he sat again, crossing his legs as per the norm. Then he produced three small metal balls from his pocket and rolled them around loosely in his palms, getting a feel for their size, shape, definition, weight... Then he closed his palm tightly, focusing on each molecule of the bearings' composition. He began sweating again, and the hairs on the back of his neck and arms stood on end. Finally, after a few moments, he raised his other open palm beneath the first, and the bearings dribbled out in liquid form, creating a tiny pool of liquid metal in his open hand. He grunted softly as he clapped his hands together again, reforming the metal balls.

He kept at this task for several minutes, breaking the bearings down, then forming them up again...

((Beeg post is beeg... I wanted to have a bit of fun writing. x3))  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:36 pm
Connell, while camp was being prepared, was sitting down quietly, murmuring words, the same haunting mantra, again. His attention was broken at Karloseth's request for help. He stood up, dusted off his now-blood-stained white coat, and nodded.

"Sure. I'll help... Where would he be though? Let's hope not at camp still..." Connell said. More than likely there would be nobody there, but he wasn't aware of how the government worked, nor did he care. He just needed to find the other member of their party, and would do whatever it took.  

Sentama Lin

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:37 pm
It seems my suggestion has already been forgotten. Oh well.
Marcellus watched Tokk play with his metal balls.
Well, that's interesting. It seems his control of earth extends to the chemical bonding of matter states. That could prove useful if we ever need to go through a stone wall. Or make one, for that matter. He might just be one of our greatest defensive assets.
Marcellus frowned for a second.
Well, that's if he stays on our side. If he loses his mind again, it would be troublesome to subdue him. Hmm...
Deciding to test the mental defense lattice of Tokk's mind, Marcellus sent a few probing thoughts his way. Rolling around the defenses, Marcellus noted a dramatic increase of barriers from his last visit, not counting the ones that had been rebuilt. However, the layering was atrocious. Some areas had about as much protection as a naked man in the desert, while others were simply overloaded, blocking energy transfer.
Marcellus sighed. If that's the best he can do, we may be in trouble. I'll just poke him here... here... and here. Now, he knows where to focus his defenses. Those three areas are best for blocking outside control.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:50 pm
"Karl, Marcellus offered to relay communication, remember? Don't depend on me too much. Usually after I make two runes I take a nap. I've made around seven today. I know my limits, and I'm damn well reaching them." She yawned as she helped Rain to clean the animals for cooking. "Use Marcellus' help. I'm just gonna help make food and then pass out, ok?"  

Kerrigan_dragon

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:53 pm
"Alright. Just checking. Yeah, good idea. Don't push yourself too hard. Anyway, Connell. Tokk. Lets go." Karloseth said, and started off towards the compound from where they came  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:20 pm
"Good luck" he said as he continued cleaning the deer "If you honestly want to Tori you can go to sleep. I think I can do this by myself"  

Red Glacier

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:34 pm
As Tori finished cleaning one of the rabbits, she thought for a moment, evaluating exactly how she felt. She'd kept care to keep the blood off her clothing, so there wouldn't be extensive cleanup. She could even trace a rune for cleanliness in th- she stopped that thought immediately. That it had even crossed her mind proved to her that she was too tired. To think of using blood for magic was a hideous thought; magic and the magic user would slowly become corrupt from such practice. "I think I'll take you up on that offer," she told Rain softly. "I'm done with this one." She went about carefully cleaning her hands on some leaves, putting the leaves in the fire pit to be burned when she was done, then set the berries and roots in her pockets aside for Rain to use. She then found a nice little patch of taller grass, which partly hid her from view, and curled up in it and fell asleep almost before she'd set her head down.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:13 pm
Connell nodded to Karloseth and waved to the others before following the direction where Karloseth went. They had to go back to the complex, he knew, but he wasn't quite sure of the danger. Then again, the complex, if the people were done looking for them there, might be one of the last places they'd look.

This odd piece of logic intrigued him, but he wouldn't be able to confirm it until they get there and see how it is, and, hopefully, find Reyix.  

Sentama Lin

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:24 pm
Limiting himself to simply walking, so as to minimize the noise factor, Tokk stood and followed Karolseth, the small metal balls still clutched tightly in his hand. His mind felt strangely focused and clear, considering the strenuous mental blockading he had been working at before. This feeling puzzled him, and as he caught up to Karloseth and Connell, he resolved to ask someone about it later, though he had no idea who. As he kept pace, he focused on the metal balls, working to break them down more and more quickly. Metal was so much more complex than rock, and took a great deal more focus. His father... ah, his father had been an expert. Smiling, Tokk reminisced on one of his earliest memories: that of his father doing "magic" with a single steel rod.

"Now watch closely, son, and I'll show you magic. REAL magic, mind you." The observing boy's eyes had brightened at the word "magic," and he locked his gaze on the small bit of metal in his father's hands. After a few quick gestures, the metal rod had become a single floating ball of silvery metal, orbiting around the father's outstretched finger. Then, the older man snapped, and the ball broke up into three, encircling the little boy's head and causing much excitement and laughter from the latter.

Tokk faded back into the present, realizing that he too had begun levitating the metal balls in his own hand. He pocketed them quietly, smiling to himself, and kept walking. "You have a plan, I expect," he addressed Karloseth. "I don't fancy we'll just waltz on in without a word, grab the guy, and strut back out as if nothing happened... Plan, man. We need a plan." He spoke softly, but casually.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:47 pm
"I'm working on one. Right now, and probably through the whole thing, the main thing is stealth. However, I chose who would come along based on their skills and strength. Just in case stealth doesn't work." Karloseth said. He chose Tokk based on his strength, and Connell for his healing abilities. He would have liked Marcellus to come along because of his mental abilities, hoping he could tap into other minds and glean some info on Reyix. However, that would have made this group too big, and it would have left the other group too small. "Hard choices. They're getting a bit too common for my tastes," He muttered to himself.  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Red Glacier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:19 pm
he finished the deer and the birds came back with berries then flew "I think we'll have plenty" he said.

after a while he finished the deer and started on the rabbit, he payed a gentle song gathering birds around. if anyone were to approach them the birds would hear them first and warn them.  
RP/Game

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff