Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
A Divine Morning: The Tarot Clutch Hatching is Open! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:35 am

Well hello! said the little Blue, as he chanced upon a small group of Candidates. One of them seemed ever so focused on his big sister, and that was rather amusing, wasn't it? Yet he couldn't fault her. He understood this sort of thing, knew allllllll about being in love. Or so the dragonet thought. He sidled right up to a very good looking young man, and gazed adoringly up into his visage. My dear Cahlusi, what are you doing waiting out here? Shouldn't you be accompanying your Macuith to the tables? I'm hungry, and that's only the polite thing to do.

The Blue dragonet gave an artful stretch, showing off for those gathered near. His eyes whirled the rainbow of Impression and he danced around his chosen rider. Come. There will be time to chat later. And plenty of nice boys to meet! He could even introduce him to a few! Although he should probably wait until Macuith had fed. The hatchling was terribly hungry!

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:36 am
C'ryn was just about tell Dristan to look at the brown when the man had decided to do that on his own. He bit back his words, giving a nod of his head. "Of course. He has the worse for wear. If it isn't hard, you can show me what to do and I can help Aresoth." He didn't know if Dristan had heard him but, he was trying his best. He saw the look G'ran gave him and he had to avert his eyes some, though Aresoth seemed to not like that. Do not falter Mine. He is worried for Elzebuth, that is his bonded. C'ryn nodded his head, it made since and he tried to smile at the boy.

He couldn't help but feel a little strange, how everyone had felt like Aresoth had been in the right with his actions and now, he seemed to be the villain. Though Aresoth didn't seem to mind this one bit. There is no reason to mind it. It was still hard to get use to this new bond but, C'ryn now wondered what he had ever done without it.

As he continued to cut up some meat, Aresoth turned his head to watch the going ons. His eyes watched his sisters and brothers, watching as the Magician ran around. They lingered on his golden sister for a moment, a honk of a bugle emanating from him as he called out to her, she was going wonderful out there. There was no rush for her to find hers, they still had siblings who needed to be watched over.

The head of Uridith appearing in the alcove with the star on her snot caused C'ryn to look up from his work. Aresoth let out another honk of a bugle to his mother. Trying to stand proudly before her, his eyes watched his sister, glad she had worked up the courage, with the help of their mother, to make her way here. His attention then turned to Aurinkoth, remembering he had spoken to him early.

Hello, Aurinkoth. It seems yours already has friends.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake

Fated Fable

ShinosBees

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:39 am
She'd just be getting back to R'am when her mother's head appeared out of nowhere, and she let out a bugle of happiness about it. She flapped her wings and then let out an excited croon when she saw her other green sister.

It seemed little Star had somewhere to go. Excitement buzzed through her and she was itching to go follow. So she did. We'll find yours, sister! Don't worry! They will love you as the most precious thing in the world!

Hey! Lemath, come back! Let the little green have her moment! R'am tried to call her back, sighing when she didn't really listen to her. So he hung his head and jogged after the scurrying hatchling. Come back and we'll feed you lots more meat! I know you can't be full yet!

That did make the white spotted green stop in her tracks, her eyes whirling between blue and green before a mental giggle filled R'am's head. She bounced back over to him, at their table, and just settled down, mouth open, waiting for the food.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:43 am
The Star was so, so happy that Uridith had helped. This made getting to hers much easier, and she may have planted a little nuzzle and tiniest of licks on top of her mother's head in thanks. She was a very little green, after all, and it was rather hard to navigate the crowd.

When Uridith dropped her off in the alcove, she gave a happy cheap, and thanked her mother quietly, washing the gold with waves of love. She had made it, and she would take comfort in her mother's assurance that she was important.

So it was, she turned her gaze onto the one that held the key to her heart. Moving forward, if perhaps a bit meekly, the little green settled down on the Sands and waited. No. She still hadn't been noticed. So she scooched a bit closer. Hmm. This wasn't right.

Finally, she reached out . Like she had within the egg, a tendril of gentility touched Dristan from where he worked. She did not wish to interrupt the ministrations of the man, but... Sweetest Dristan. I do not wish to interrupt but... I need you, Mine. My heart aches, and my muscles are sore, and you were so far away. It is lonely out here, and your Cynosuth does not want to be a burden or stop you from your work, but... Please be mine? I am sorry I made you wait so long. I won't ever leave you lonely again.

The little green sent wave upon gentle wave of love, adoration, belief, and understanding. She hoped her bronze and brown brother would forgive her interruption from their care, but she... She didn't want Dristan alone another moment longer than he had to be.

User Image

Masterharper
Vice Captain

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:55 am
Mallan had been about to say something to his two new companions but commotion made him pause .... "Twins!?" He gasped, he couldn't take his eyes off them. He was so surprised when the green crooned at her blue twin and moved towards his little group. Small as she was, he was sure she would go to the smaller lad, or even Cami. Something else entirely happened.

Mallanmine! Time stopped, Mallan couldn't breathe Won't you make me something to eat? I'm ever so hungry! What was happening?! She...she was HIS?! forever and always?! Mallan let out a sob and fell to his knees, reaching out for her, even as she bowed. Your Xochith has been very patient, surely now is the time!

"Xochith, my perfect Xochith!" He gasped to his two companions. His eyes glistening, his face wet with tears he didn't even know he was crying. "Oh Xochith, my wonderful, beautiful Xochith" he breathed, "let's get you fed then" he said, the smile on his face, the brightest it had ever been. He stood, ignoring the sand on him, Xochith gracefully moved beside him towards the feeding tables, he glanced at the buckets before picking what he felt was the best, of course they all were but Mallan wasn't about to tell his Xochith that.

Xochith preened as she strode among her clutch mates, crooning slightly at them until she was settled, her head on Malian's lap, delicately taking the small chunks that he expertly sliced, "chew dear one" he chuckled as hunger got the better of her. "I can see my Twin from here" she said, amused, at least until their golden mother drew everyone's .... Well everyone but her very own Mallan .... Attention away, why on Pern was she bringing her sister here? "I'm sure she has reason Xochith sweet, but let's just fill your belly, only you matter to me" he reassured her as she watched her sister slide off their mother's snout. Her attention was almost immediately grabbed by her twin finding His "Brothermine!!" She cried out to Malcuith "great choice, come, let us eat together! You MUST meet Mine, he is SO nice!" it made Mallan blush "and you are the best green that ever hatched" he kissed her nose lovingly and continued to feed her, even as the other green Impressed.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:56 am
Masterharper

Teiha
I hope it's alright if they know each other, both being harpers and all ;^^

"No one in particular, just a few friends." G'len said to the woman sitting next to him. "You have family out there?" he asked, leaning forward a little, so he could extend the question to those sitting on the other side of her as well. As he did, he recognized the man sitting on the end. He made a point to aquaint himself with all the harpers in the Weyr. Or rather, typically, one of the masters would make a point of aquainting him to them.

"Oh! Lucayr, I didn't see you there." he started, and might have gone on, had Absinth not taken the moment to interrupt him.

Oh! Look, Mine, look! It's happening! she said, directing his attention towards the sands. She had been paying attention to their new friend, even if he hadn't.
"Ah! There goes one of them now, in fact." he said, and he might've tried to wave if he didn't know well that the young man would be fairly distracted right now.

He's a handsome one too. she purred. A blue, just like she'd predicted (well, kind of).
Ease off, Absinth! He's just a baby. G'len laughed.
I didn't mean it that way! Absinth quickly returned. Although.. Babies did grow. Hmm.. Yes. Wouldn't that be just a treat. she thought as G'len inwardly groaned. Shells, he hoped this girl would rise already.

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:01 am

The kit fell out of Dristan's hands with a clatter. Startled by the sound, the dragonhealer bent to quickly retrieve its contents, just... absolutely flummoxed. He'd. He was. He couldn't have possibly... he was too old! Too old, and too bitter, and not worthy of this Impression. Tears welled up in his eyes and then spilled down his rugged cheeks. What could she possibly see in an older man like him? Someone who had been passed up so many times before. Someone who... who surely did not deserve such a sweet and tender heart.

Cynosuth gave a worried little warble when she heard his thoughts, eyes whirling rapidly yellow and then white. Did... did he not want her? Please don't reject me, Mine. Please don't leave me, I won't leave you! the dragonet cried, despair warring with joy as she tried to draw a little nearer. Her tired legs faltered under her and she sat back down, a look of entreaty upon her little face.

At the dragonet's plea, something within Dristan's tired, dusty heart crumpled. How could he leave her? How could he ever leave her? "I won't leave you, Cynosuth. I won't ever leave you. Don't ever think that. I couldn't possibly. There is nowhere else for me to go." Not without her at his side. His dignity broken, the man fell to his knees, setting the kit down. Cinonth, please page a healer, for I don't think I can keep helping these children. And one of them needs it. Aloud, he said: "I have asked for a healer to come help your dragonets. Please let them know that stitches are needed, and Aresoth's wounds need to be cleaned and numbed."

Oh, how could she ever think that he didn't love her? His heart wanted to burst with love and joy. He had never been happier in his life. Slowly, he tried to get to his feet, half stumbling, half crawling toward her. The poor, tired darling was unable to make it the rest of the way to him, so he would go to her. And neither of them ever need be alone again. "Forgive me."

Masterharper
BastetAmun
Tsunake

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:08 am
Halsten
Halsten watched in interest as the gold hatchling dug up a hidden egg. He hadn't recalled any eggs being hidden that way before, in either tales or hatchings he;d seen. Hopefully the dragonet inside wasn't harmed from being buried like that. He seemed to be fine though, since the brown hatched soon after being uncovered.

And there was another surprise, as a rather large egg hatched into two dragonets. Not even identical twins, as one might expect, but a blue and a green. How did that even happen? The pair seemed no different from any other hatchlings though, and Impressed quickly.

Tacelon
The sands seemed relatively quiet for a while, until one of the hatchling threw a tantrum and started thrashing her way through the candidates. Tacelon backed far away from the upset green, stumbling a bit on the sands, since his focus was more on the hatchling than his feet.

But he was distracted when Uridith stood up and...carried away one of her hatchlings? He had to stop and stare at the unusual sight. Why would she want to take the baby away from the Candidates? It was hard to see what happened once the green was set down, but she went over to someone at the ends of the sands. Was there a stray Candidate over there somewhere?  

mewrose

Devoted Librarian

44,865 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Master Librarian 500

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:08 am
Good. Ahe had Hers, and all Amila worried about for the little star melted away, allowing her to simply observe the Hatching. There were eggs still needing to hatch and impress, and she watched the going ons with a far less worried heart. She would still like to do her chores to let the others find Theirs, but, she was going to be good, and watch, and then when it was done she'd see to chores, perhaps help move the Weyrlings' things. No sense making the drudhes and Weyrfolk work alone, and she was a bit antsy about a large gathering besides.

Still, she wondered. Did she deserve the same kind of love the new weyrlings did? Being Searched implied so. So maybe a tiny bit of hope to Impress still was okay. Just a tiny bit, though -- she didn't want to be a bother to anybody.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:09 am
Alumet

It had all been business as usual, watching the dragons moving and twining around...and then suddenly her brother had a beautiful blue in front of him and...oh. Oh, she could tell by the way it was near him. Slowly, her fingers slipped from Cahlusi's own, and a proud smile lit her lips, set off only by the tears that were pricking at the corners of her eyes, "Look at you. A Rider now." A rider. Her brother. With a beautiful blue that he so rightly deserved. It was going to be a wonderful pair, of this she had little doubt, but..at the same time. As Alumet backed away from her brother, to give he and his hatchling some space, she swiped water from her eyes. Yes, she was proud, but there was a strong, almost TOO STRONG pang of sheer jealousy.

The smile masked it well, she shifting in her robes to watch the other dragons like she wasn't hurting It was silly, to be jealous of her brother's impression. Silly to feel like she should have impressed first. Silly to think that perhaps it was too much to bear to have him have to LEAVE her in the middle of the hatching...but he had a new life to tend to...And she had to stay here.

Masterharper

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Generous 100

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:13 am
Aurinkoth bugled excitedly as mother's head joined them, humming and thrumming as he rose to greet not only her, but his dear green sister, Cynosuth. While eager to greet her, he stepped back, watching as she finally found hers - a quite perfect hers, as he was meant to be. He bugled again before turning a thoughtful head towards Aresoth.

Does yours not like mine? Can they not be friends? Are friends a limited commodity? he asked the bronze thoughtfully, no hint of irritation in his tone, simply curiosity. His was wonderful after all, and any should have felt very blessed to meet his kind, sweet, darling Ichta. Ichta had turned, with a small start, when the Gold had nudged her head into the opening to deposit off a little green into their midst. Any surprise was quickly overshadowed by Aurinkoth's sheer joy at her appearance and the wave of love that the dragon had sent her way.

I have more for you, she said, and the blue turned in his spot. Throw it to me! I will catch it! Aurinkoth's eyes whirled with joy and Ichta found herself turning in her seat to toss a piece of meat to the blue. It knocked into his snout and tumbled down the top of his head to rest against his forehead. I missed! He honked humorously, tilting his head until he was certain he could flip it into his own with a flip of his head.

Then he toddled over to the young woman to set his head back into her lap adoringly.

BastetAmun

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:21 am
Aresoth watched his sister, letting out a bugle when she found hers. He was glad she had finally found who she was meant to be. It was so perfect. His attention turned back to look at Aurinkoth and he shook his head. They do not know one another. I am just glad yours already has a close group of friends to help her through this. Even if one of those friends had impressed Elzebuth. He knew there was nothing inherently bad about his brown brother but he was still wary about him, he would always be watching him.

C'ryn watched the healer that had been looking at the brown and suddenly there was the dragonet beside him. The emotion that was radiating off the two of them made him smile. He would never have to worry about aging out, but it was nice to know that if someone did age out, they could still find theirs, even if it was rare. He nodded his head to Dristan. "Of course. You have your own to worry about now."

The alcove was getting full with bodies now as more impressed, though with Uridith in the way it was hard to see if anyone else had impressed. C'ryn still held onto home that one of his friends might impress as well, but that didn't mean they would stop being friends even if they didn't. He would make friends in his weyrling group and stay friends with them.

demon_pachabel

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:25 am
Uridith

The gold crooned at her Star as she impressed to Dristan. She knew of the dragonhealer, had seen him once when he'd checked in on her post-flight. He was a good man. A good match for her Star. And then, as she still had other babies to mind, she slid free of the alcove and looped back to her spot on the sands before, settling in without complaint.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:27 am
DruidTigeress
Of course! Lucayr would certainly recognize his fellow Harpers.

Masterharper

“Ah, G’len!” Lucayr greeted the greenrider. “A fine morning for a hatching, don’t you agree?” When G’len was distracted by the events on the sands, Lucayr gave his attention back to Alusia. “Settling in has been... a challenge, for a self-made nonpartisan. But, as my dragon never fails to remind me, we have a duty. It isn’t a bad life, and I am content, though I miss Silviu dearly,” Lucayr said of his younger brother. “He’s apprenticing at Harper Hall. Last I heard, he’d been selected to – Oh!” He abruptly rose to his feet. “Your son! A blue!” He laughed with delight as the blue hatchling danced around his match. What a wonderful sight!

--------

Lenix made a great effort to smile for the sake of Shinnikan’s and Karone’s kind words. “Teasing is putting it mildly, for some of them,” he said, an unexpected chuckle escaping his lips. No sooner had he spoken when the Magician egg burst and a blue dragonet rolled right over to their little gathering. He grinned as he watched Karone execute a graceful twirl out of the way of the little fellow’s sharp bits, then laughed for real, shielding his face from the spray of sand as the dragon got to its feet and shook itself off. Yes... he felt so much better now.  

Teiha

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces