Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[ORP] A Springtime Surprise! [Hatching!] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:55 pm
Akaris

Oh...oh my! While the bronze strutted, another egg rolled toward the water, but was stopped by its mother. Goodness! What was in it, however, remained something of a mystery, as were the contents of other eggs in various states of wiggling and crackling. Akaris saved most of her attention for the dragonets out on the sand, although she kind-of-sort-of tried not to pay attention to the rude green. She couldn't not, because it was there and she didn't trust it any more than she trusted the rest of the unbonded hatchlings, but she only glanced. Occasionally.

Oh, but wait! The rolling egg had another bronze in it! He didn't have the swagger of his sibling, but he was no less handsome, and Akaris pulled on Rylyrr's arm. "Look! Another one!"

Surely one of them was his? Neither one was doing anything uncivilized, which gave them significant extra points. Yes, either one of them would be worthy of her most excellent...friend. Excellent, large, handsome, brave friend. What wasn't to like about him? Nothing, in her opinion, so they ought to come over here and meet him!

Shaddaling

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:55 pm
Martirae

And another bronze. Hmm. Looked like any girl wanting a shining metallic hide was going to be at a loss, now weren't they? That was, if that was all they desired. But there was still that lovely green pacing through the sands. She hadn't recognized the boy her friend had impressed to, though.

Would she find another boy from what she assumed was High Reaches to she could stay with her dear little friend? Would the fates align so she could have just that? She certainly was a particular little thing - but Marty wouldn't fault her for that.

After all. She was exactly the same way.

"Think we'll still see a gold after these two bronzes stole the show?"

Tsunake

Sinders Path

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:03 pm
————Zelaya————

The egg was, oh no! Seeing the Ducky egg roll away towards the sea, Zelaya's hand reached out, catching on Z'tir's wrist. The other flew to cover her mouth in abject horror. Would it drown?! But then a moment later all was well...and she felt quite foolish. Of course the mother would catch it. Another bronze though...And so she looked away.
Mx Cherie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:05 pm
Rylyrr

Ooh it was another bronze, a paler one but still bronze and that was a adorable warble. Poor baby. Things had been awkward there for a moment but he was out and well, that was the first half of the battle wasn't it?

"So there is, and he is rather pretty isn't he." Rylyrr smiled at Akaris. "I'm glad they are both calm and relaxed."So far the hatching was going well. May everything be calm and end with a pleasant dip in the water.

Meepfur
Akaris

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:07 pm
Ielin - HR Candidate

It seemed the hatching was starting to pick up the pace. With a start, the egg that he believed to have housed a gold was in fact a bronze--light and brilliant enough to confuse at first. But the way he held himself, there was no doubt. A very proud bronze, looking like he owned the place. The one shaking egg had fallen over, rolling its way to the water’s edge. Gut instinct had driven him to immediately go try to help the egg--they could drown--the great clutchmother had moved to save her baby. Her tail swatted him, and took Ielin from staring in alarm at the shoreline..had him now facedown in the scorching sand. He gave a yelp, scuttering to his feet as he tried to scrape the sand off his face, hissing softly at the tenderness of his skin. The sun hadn’t helped any, but with the sand? Likely some minor burns.

Ezyzu - Western Candidate

Oh, he was friendly! With a bright smile and a little wave, Ezyzu cast a glance at the newly Impressed green pair before looking back. “She was quite lovely! And the first of the day--isn’t this exciting?” She leaned in with him, lips pursing a moment. ”I was surprised, but he’s quite a handsome bronze!”

Her chances with the others? Ezyzu hummed, casting a glance around. “I do hope that sweet blue gets confident, he’s so handsome. But I’m just happy to see such happy pairs!” Which wasn’t far from the truth. Turns on the sands had left her with a growing sense of being okay with each passed hatching. “I do like that one in the back, the peachy egg with the white dots? It looks kind of like me.” She near giggles, wiggling her fingers to show her own light-colored speckles, though she was darker than the peach egg.

“What about you?--” Her attention diverted, watching as the runaway egg rolled towards the ocean, only to be caught by their mother. Oh, good, they were safe! But the shell didn’t take long to crack after. With an excited little noise, Ezyzu tapped her new companion on the arm. “Oh- oh-- look! He’s rather lovely.”

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:10 pm
[ soui - western ]

"Oh, Yudu look - that boy and the dragon are walking off together. Does that mean they Impressed?" Soui leaned forward a bit, her balance shifting slightly as she wanted to get a better view. "And...that wasn't a gold after all. What a pretty bronze, but not as pretty as you." The affection in her voice was teasing but sincere. "That blue seems nervous, and the green from before not so angry. I hope things go well, I don't want anyone to get hurt." Her play by play to the bronze who was clearly watching was likely redundant, but perhaps he was relaying the info to Tsuyat down below. "Do you know the Candidate who Impressed? I've never seen him before, but then again Western is a huge Weyr."

Her thoughts were interrupted by an egg suddenly rolling towards the sand, and without thinking the little girl moved as though she could run towards it to save it. Unfortunately she was on the head of a dragon and found herself dangerously teetering on the edge of his face. "!!!!" If it weren't for her grip on his headknob there was a chance she'd have tumbled to the sands below, but her fear for the egg outweighed her own personal fear. "That egg! Is it going to be saved?"

Soui didn't want anything to get hurt, and her thoughts and hopes were answered as soon as the massive Queen stopped the egg and brought it to shore. The sigh of relief she had could not be understated, and she placed a hand to her chest. "That was so scary, but at least -." The egg had produced a beautiful pale bronze, hatching as she kept watching. "At least it's okay now."

Hattaki

- --- --

[ r'ose and green sahrawith - HR ]

The stroll towards where the meat and oil was stored was probably both the longest and the shortest of Renose - no, R'ose he reminded himself, of his life. Normally he was used to walking with no particular destination, just the idea he was going to get where he was going when he wanted, but now someone else depended on him. The connection at his mind and heart ached for food and for oiling in a soft yet sharp way, Sahrawith wanting to be satisfied. Her skin itched just as bad as his, if not more, and her stomach was more or less eating itself from the inside out. Or at least that was the feeling he was getting.

"You going to be okay?" They were there, buckets ready, and R'ose looked at the swirling hungry eyes of his lifemate. "You can't eat too much too fast because you'll get sick, or something like that. I overate once and let me tell you, that was an adventure I don't want to try again." Sahrawith raised her head up and opened her mouth, seemingly agreeing with that choice. "You don't want it either."

I just want to eat. Tear them small if you need to, to make me think I'm eating more than I actually am. The green gobbled down the first bits of meat offered to her, and R'ose raised an eyebrow at her suggestion. Her train of thought was very....him, and he laughed. Perhaps all the talk people said about a dragon literally being your other half was true and not just the bumbles he thought it to be. Hurry. I'm so hungry, and the sooner I eat the sooner we can move on and do other things.

"Like what? You're going to get oiled after this, I'm getting some sun treatment, and then we're going to sleep like the dead." Sahrawith let out a small bugle of alarm at his choice of words, and R'ose sighed. "It's not literal, love. It just means we'll sleep really well and you'll wake happier and with more energy." The green gave a mental shrug as she swallowed the small bites, her eyes whirling with less urgency than before. "You're a mess."

And you are a hot one. Sahrawith's response was swift and followed by a chuckle, the faint memory of sharp and cool filling into R'ose's mind. Her laughter, her voice, it was a flavor he would never grow tired of. Do you want to eat too? I shouldn't be the only one eating. The rider shook his head and the green shrugged again. I will eat your share then.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:11 pm
Lauthisen - Western

Lauthisen had been relatively silent as the Hatching went on, watching as the more playful of the two green wrestled with her sister before seeming to choose a boy. A nervous blue was still lingering near its mother... he let his eyes flick over it for a moment, assessing those yellow eyes. The so-called gold, in fact, turned out to be a bronze dragon--and from the way he was sauntering towards the boys, he was quite confident in himself. It was a surprise to see yet another bronze dragon appear, this one looking almost embarrassed about its rolling entrance.

He snorted to himself, allowing his eyes to roam between the four dragonets. So far, everyone seemed calm enough. "So far, so good." He said idly to his equally quiet companion.

Meepfur

--

Iathe - High Reaches

Not a gold at all. No, two bronze dragons. Oddly enough, that made the tension drain from her completely. That was alright, then. No chances of failure here, not when there was never an option to begin with. The dominant green was still prowling around--quite vocally, in fact. Iathe resisted a smirk, and instead focused on the anxious blue in the back. Here was hoping that he wasn't searching for a Fort candidate instead...

"With two bronzes? I doubt it." She murmured.

demon_pachabel

Sinders Path

--

Alya - Western

Oh.... Not a gold? Really? Alya pouted for a moment, annoyed with the tarnish on her so-called luck.. but then brightened immediately. "Maybe the girls won't get lucky, but you boys just might!" She grinned, grateful that Mama Dragon had intervened before that egg could go rolling too far! "What do you think, Rio? Dorianus? Fancy yourself a bronze dragon?"

Really, it wasn't up to them, but she had to ask! They'd both look handsome either way... She hummed to herself, tapping her lips with a finger as she twisted to see where the other little green had gone... Oh! She'd found hers--a tall boy that Alya didn't recognize. He had to be sweet though, considering how nice that baby had been... and thankfully, her sister didn't seem nearly as vicious as any of the hatchlings from Western!

At least not physically.

Meepfur

DaisyMilk

The_Muffin_Puppy

BastetAmun

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:31 pm
W'dre of Bronze Dormith

It seemed the newly impressed pair were coming to the tables that his W'dre had helped set up, the bronze moving his large head to look at the little green and her chosen rider. His large eyes whirled greens and blues, giving a silent approval that truly, she didn't actually need from him.

How big are the pieces he's giving her, W'dre? he asked across his bond, sending the much more mobile and up close rider off towards the feeding table to peer over R'ose's shoulder. He said nothing, and even if looked up at, he would say nothing for a long time.

"If it will fit between the space of her eyes," he gestured between his own eyebrows for emphasis, "She can swallow it safely. See if you can feel her stomach through your bond yet. You may need to be her indicator."

There were some babies that didn't have a 'full' meter, after all.

----

Papys

"Oh ho! Hmmmmm. I don't know about the eggs, I'd have to touch them - and their mom certainly doesn't like that idea!" because for all he knew, they could all be golds! Well, that wasn't likely but IT WAS STILL A POSSIBILITY, RIGHT? Oh goodness, maybe he didn't know as much about clutch ratios as he could have.

"I'm thinking.......maybe that bold bronze or if there's a bold brown, that would suit me just as nicely!" Oh yes! Something to accentuate his good features! Or he to accentuate it's. Oh goodness, there was a lot to consider there, wasn't there?

"What do you think is in that egg of yours, hmm?"

------

Juhvek

There were now two bronzes stalking the candidates, and Juhvek gave them both a long look. Oh yes, a good take, perhaps. High Reaches would want them both, no doubt, and a quick look over his fellow candidates confirmed just this - there was a lot of desire in a lot of faces.

Too bad they didn't pick. But if these two were too showy, that was perhaps too much for his sensible tastes. A nice blue would do him just fine - and on the note of a blue, that little one wasn't sure where it wanted to go - or rather how to get there. Mmmm.

Can you feel them little one? Call them to you if you need to. he urged. Or would they be better to spread out a little more?

There sure were a lot of them, after all....

-----

Martirae

"Western had a clutch with four bronzes and a gold," Marty suggested helpfully to Iathe, "I stood for that one too," but it was yet another clutch in a long history of nothing. Perhaps she would ultimately join the ranks of those who longed for dragons long past and instead dallied in normal life.

It would make her quest a bit harder, but she'd make herself live with that well enough.

"Though this is a first time mother, so..." maybe comparing a veteran clutching queen's stock to a this wasn't the wisest. But certainly, she'd seen stranger things. And perhaps she'd go on to see even more of them.

Sinders Path

Tsunake

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:31 pm
Rio

The wayward egg was caught, and Rio breathed a sigh of relief for it. That had probably not been a terribly enjoyable ride, and he hoped the dragonet - who happened to be a second bronze - wasn't feeling too out of sorts after it. The brighter of the two still seemed to be getting the lion's share of attention, while the green continued her search and the blue still looked concerned. At Alya's question, he laughed, cheeks dimpling and eyes crinkling at the edges. "Dorianus here, maybe, but have you met me? I don't think I'm their type."

He would be...beyond shocked to be wrong about that. No, he was probably a green sort of fellow, which was absolutely fine by him. Or a blue, or a white, or a whatever-decided-it-wanted-him fellow, if anything at all did. But almost certainly not bronze.

Tsunake

DaisyMilk

The_Muffin_Puppy

BastetAmun

Alya

So far, so good indeed.

There was plenty left that could happen, still, but she was glad that thus far, it had all been...relatively quiet, much like she and her fellow candidate. But... "Careful," she advised with another twitch of a smile, "Don't go jinxing it."

Tsunake

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:43 pm
Peppermint Coffee

The Pale Pink & White Striped egg finally shattered, leaving a very pudgy, and very stuck green in her shell. The top had come off without trouble, but one of her hind feet had broken through the shell and sand, and she was, much to her chagrin, stuck. She gave a little shake, a little waddle, but the egg shell wasn't yet ready to fall away.

Oh dear.

So, the little green awkwardly began to hobble forward. Oh! Oh my Beligian! Yoohoo! I . . . I don't quite know where you're going, but you have gone too far. Please, listen to your beloved Molihuth! Oh, and what a mess you are too, all covered in sand. Tut, tut. We shall clean you up right quick, Mine.... but only after you help me out of my shell. Come come, spit spot. We haven't all day -- I need to see you up close, dear heart! You just... Are very far away. Come back to me, please? No tears now... Only joy. Her eyes whirled a bright rainbow as she waddled, slowly, and a bit awkwardly, past the crowd of Candidates.

Why was hers trying to get away when she needed him here?

User Image

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:50 pm
Harol - Western

Fortunate to find himself with an off day when the announcement went up of a clutch outside of a Weyr, Harol had sagged into the first available chair with a decent view upon arrival. The harper apologized profusely to the rider he had latched on to during the trip before scuttling away sheepishly. He hoped his sister would be among those standing. It’d be nice to see her again! Hug her, maybe chat if they got the chance. After all the excitement, of course. And quite the excitement it seemed it’d be! A fellow he didn’t recognize impressed to a lovely, inquisitive green. There were a few already moving among the candidates or remaining near their unmatched clutch siblings. An almost wayward egg? Gracious! He wasn’t minding the heat so much, but if he could go back and do it again, he’d have grabbed a hat or a light hood. He if hazarded a guess, many would be heading home pinker or redder than they had arrived. The struggling pale pink and white egg broke revealing an adorably stuck little green. Too cute. Oh! She seemed to have no trouble finding Hers though! No messing around!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:50 pm
Kambri (W)

In what seemed like moments the eggs had almost all began to move with vigor, several even irrupting into beautiful greens and bronze dragonets. One candidate had proved lucky enough to impress. A huge grin emerged on the candidates lips as he stepped forward ever so slightly to get a closer look at some of the dragonets. While he was trying to avoid any mistakes that led him to being reprimanded during the last hatching, a closer look at the dragonets who seemed eager to meet them didn't seem too bad an idea. Right? Kambri very slowly extended his right hand as she crouched down to the ground as if inviting any of the wandering dragonets, or those to yet emerge, to come closer for a good rubdown.

His eyes then shifted to the pale pink & white striped egg as it emerged from it's shell and began to waddle towards it's lifemate. He couldn't bite back the chuckle that emerged at the sight. She seemed quite intent to reach her's. Kambri shifted his gaze to the other dragonets roaming around, his hand still slightly extended for just the right height for a little dragonet to get some lovin.

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:56 pm
Dorianus(High Reaches)

Seeing the other egg begun to rock and then move towards the sea made Dorianus raise an eyebrow. He was glad to see the mother had stopped it and then there was another bronze on the sands. Both of the shinning hides that had been glimpsed had turned out to not be gold but bronze instead. He caught Alya and Rio's words and he shook his head. "I never thought about if a bronze would suit me." Truthfully he had never thought about what color would suit him best, that wasn't for him to decide. If he was to be picked, he would be picked.

Another egg hatched and this green seemed stuck in her egg and was already impressing. The young one didn't want to waste time as her other sister did. The first bronze seemed to be strutting along the candidates, enjoying the eyes of the males on him. It was interesting to see how they all acted. "I wonder who else is hiding within those eggs."

Meepfur

Tsunake

DaisyMilk

The_Muffin_Puppy

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Huarwar(Western)

His eyes had stayed with the sweet green as she gave him encouragement and then she was off again. When the other green ran at her he felt his heart stop but he was glad when it just turned into playing, then she had impressed to a young man. He couldn't help but smile for them, glad she had found hers.

His attention turned back to the others, noting that the so-called Gold that had had every girl's attention had turned out to be a bronze, who was strutting over the sands. He couldn't help but smirk, getting an image of the way Henwas use to walk, head held high as if he owned the place. Whoever ended up impressing that one, would have their hands full.

Looking back over the sands, another green hatched and impressed as the second one seemed very picky about who her chosen was. Maybe she had decided upon a Fort Weyr candidate and since none of them were here...He didn't want to think that she would go between because her chosen wasn't here, she didn't deserve that. There was also the little blue who seemed scared and nervous about everything, and another bronze was on the sands as well.

With more eggs to hatch, he found himself curious as to who would be next.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:02 pm
Someone called out to him, and Beligian looked back toward the sands, sniffling a little and using the back of his arm to dry the tears. Ah, was it someone he knew?

No, it...it appeared to be a pudgy green dragonet helplessly stuck in her shell. The tears of embarrassment quickly turned into tears of laughter as he made his way toward her. He managed to keep one hand on his pants as he reached out to touch her snout when he finally go there. Staring into her eyes he felt a huge sense of calm and happiness wash over him like a comfortable blanket. Something slipping into place.

"Sorry! Sorry, sorry. Hi. I'm here, Molihuth!" He hugged her around her neck while trying to get that shell off of her. He sat down on his rear and just wiggled her out of it. It took a great deal more effort than he thought, him being so slight and her well, being as round as she was.

There. That's much better, isn't it? You're alright. See? We're together now, dear heart! I have you. She butted her head against him, trying to keep it gentle, but she managed to knock him clear into the sand again. Oh dear, come on. We have to get us both fed! You look hungry, and I know I am. A spot of food will do us both some good.

It had been quite a journey, hadn't it? The pair made their way toward the tables.

And to think Beli had been thinking about leaving.  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:15 pm
She comes. R'ose had been feeding his dragon the proper sized pieces, having somehow managed to surpress an eyeroll at the approach and suggestion of W'dre. It had been in good taste that he didn't roll them, seeing as he wanted to start his Weyrling career on a good note, but shards it was hard not to. If it hadn't been for Sahrawith and her constant flooding of his mind and heart with thoughts, he'd have resorted to a smart comment or two. Or nine. But alas, she was calming him and he was feeding her properly.

"She who? The one you wrestled with earlier?" R'ose had wondered if she'd impressed, but the small green shook her head. "I guess I'll see when she gets here. I wonder if I know her rider."

I want more food. The dragonet didn't care for his wonderings, she just wanted the meat that he'd slowed down on giving her. The hole in her stomach was filling, certainly, but if the one coming was who she felt it was, the sooner she ate and they left the better. Not...not that she disliked her clutchsib, not at all, but, well. Her lifemate would see.

"Hey, uh...W'dre?" Faranth, R'ose hoped thay was his name. "Just how sure can we be when your dragonet is full? You said there's some connection and I can feel it, but how do I know it's not my own hunger? It's not like I've done this before so I can just agree at certain points."

demon_pachabel
he sass with class

Peppermint Coffee
welcome welcome!!!

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games