Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Mystery Hatching] A Mysterious Kind of Folk Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:05 pm

Impatient, the Bone Green gave one last snarl at the Charcoal Egg, before stomping off. She paused now and then to glare at some of the Candidates. Wren got a sniff and snort--please, as if this one was what she needed-- and Tokki got nothing but a low growl. Nope, nope, nope. As she passed by Matotoka, she gave a small swipe, but didn't intentionally hit her target.

No, nope, nada. None of these were Hers.

And honestly, what were all her clutchamtes doing still in their shells!? She'd throttle them all. If she had her way she would have had them all break out and hatch--honestly. This day was a fiasco.

AND HERS WASN'T WHERE THEY NEEDED TO BE!

The green just continued to stomp through the Candidates, kicking up sand, snarling low in her throat.

- - - -

It was only after the green had left when Charcoal Egg split with a loud CRACK. The shell broke neatly in two, the being within rolling out onto the sands. Looking up at the world, a flash of metallic could be seen--a bronze. Giving a large yawn, showing off his baby fangs, and a languid stretch, this little one was not overly hurried. He fanned his wings for just a moment, before turning his neck to begin preening away some of the bits of shattered shell and goo that marred his perfect form.

Let all the eyes soak him up... He was here, and that was all that mattered.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:06 pm
Vesden | High Reaches | He/Him

Vesden was almost sure he spotted the blue coming before Jaiyce did, and for one flash of thought he expected the blue was coming for him. Silly, he should have guessed it was coming for his sands friend, he could see the similarities in their personalities just from what he'd seen of the two that morning.

"Good choice, little one." He said gently to the little blue, clapping Jaiyce on the shoulder in a congratulatory gesture as the rainbow filled the blue's eyes, truly happy for the two of them.

As they left, his attention was brought back to the bone green. She too was a fierce little thing, and Vesden was finding himself fond of this one as he had been of the pawprint green.

He supposed she had swatted Teth for making things worse, and while he would never judge a dragon in any way, he could see where she was coming from. Maybe he was projecting, but he also wanted things to go right, and it was certainly irritating when someone didn't realize they were causing trouble.

Still, impressions were quickly occurring now, bone could rest assured that the situation had improved since her hatching, and he sent some calming thoughts her way to that effect. A death may have happened, but at least some good was happening as well and they'd have to focus on that and do their best not to let it happen again. Hopefully it wouldn't upset her, because he'd nearly been in the path of her ire several times as it was.

Milady Emerald
Grats!!

Stygian Supernaut

Sparkly Husband

6,925 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:10 pm

Now that things had died down somewhat, the Daisy green had begun surreptitiously investigating the Candidates. Pausing briefly by Papys, she peered up into his face to give him an encouraging chirp. Then, when she was certain he was all right, she moved on, clearly searching and seeking someone in particular. But strangely, she couldn't quite... work out who that was.

The Gay Flag green butted her head gently against her brother's, before peeling away from him for the time being. There was someone she wanted to meet! Her brother made a squeak of protest, looking around among the Candidates he'd been abandoned near. Oh! Oh no! Wouldn't someone, anyone just... just stay with him for a moment?

Further away, the Ace Flag brown had begun to slowly, lazily make his way along the edge of the Candidate lines. Hmmmm. Was there anything worth his time here? His brother was still lounging, watching the entire event with evident curiosity. Well, hello!

Green Olive felt a wash of their father's love, and emboldened by it, she--

Stopped in her tracks, turning around to face the most perfect male that had ever been hatched. Oh. Oh, be still her beating hearts. Green Olive hadn't known until that moment that she had needed him in her life, no matter how fond she'd been in the shell. But there he was. Standing stock still, the little queen admired the show that Charcoal bronze was putting on. If she'd been able to fan herself, she very well might have.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:12 pm
FISHER

Oh, a bronze came out of one of the big eggs. Fisher was admittedly a little disappointed to see only one baby come out, but that was that. Not every egg had to be a set of twins and this bronze was beautiful enough to look at all on his own. A glance around to the group of candidates on the sands had her thinking there were mighty fine bronzerider people here too, if her whole thoughts on pretty girls getting golds was accurate. Maybe Fisher needed to become a fortune teller if she kept being lucky?

But then there was a flurry of movement, of dragons fawning and working and. This was certainly interesting to see - did that gold from before have eyes for that bronze fresh hatched? Whomever got her would need to be wary of that.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:19 pm
Rykin

He almost nodded, but that felt strange as well. Instead, he reached for the drink Bekah offered with the hand on his uninjured side, and was about to answer her when Veikel arrived and... winked. A faint wash of pink colored Rykin's cheeks under the blood. He blamed the numbweed.

"I don't," he said, looking back and forth between the healers. "There's no pressure, I'm just very tired."

Revel1984
houllow

Aryale

Why was..everybody backing off of her? Aryale hadn't felt endangered at all by the nearness of the young gold - though she suddenly found herself glancing around to see if perhaps someone else was on the approach that she needed to keep out of a collision course with? No...no...

Still, it seemed the gold had caught something interesting in her gaze and Aryale followed it to look as well as - oh! The big dark egg had hatched into quite a handsome bronze, hadn't he? "Oh! He's handsome," Aryale agreed, then took a step back to join the other two she'd been standing with, giving them both a quizzical tilt of her head.

She hadn't gotten her hopes up for even a moment.

Uta

Tsunake

-----

Matotoka

"Careful," Matotoka warned Ruunan and Karunia when the little feisty green got closer to their group, though his own care had left little swiping paws a little closer to him than he would have liked. "She's certainly a dragon on a mission."

Medigel

Sweet Symmetry

-----

Papys

"Hi there, little friend. Doing better than when we met, hmm? Good, good. I hope finding yours isn't too hard!" he bid at the little chirp of encouragement Daisy Green gave, his grin only growing wider as he watched her heading on her way.

Baby Dragons sure were something!  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Serfie watched as one of the golden twins Impressed, after a blue did, two less dragons that wanted her ... she made sure she was out of the way when Bone Green tantrumed her way through them, ignoring everything else around her now, her focus on the babies. A bronze hatched from the charcoal egg and while she didn't dismiss him as a dragon, she figured a Bronze wouldn't be interested in her, Same with the Gold that suddenly stopped in her tracks, she figured she knew her worth and while, as a girl, she could be allowed to hope as high as gold, hopes faded fast, especially when she'd called that particular gold a bully, she was pretty sure she didn't want a scrawny, scarred girl as her rider, she was too....proud, especially the way she swooned over the newly hatched bronze.

~~~~~~~~~~

Helane watched the blue Impress, then the gold, hatchlings were milling about, Bone Egg green was still rampaging so she made sure to dodge the lashing tail and claws. She saw the bronze hatch and the gold's reaction. Whooo... love at first sight?

~~~~~~~~~~

Farellen chuckled as the bronze hatched and the little gold practically swooned over him.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:21 pm
Rio

The Funfetti blue Impressed, and so too did one of the Queens, and things seemed to settle just a bit. The tension seemed to have lessened, at least. Rio allowed himself a better look around - at the brown and bronze twins, at the freshly-hatched bronze and his golden admirer, at the Daisy green, and at the green and blue twins from the Gay Flag Egg. The green half of the pair soon split off, however, leaving her brother looking rather bereft.

It's alright, my fine fellow! There's plenty of company about if you want it, but I'm sure you'd do just fine on your own, too. But it's certainly better not to have to, even if sometimes it can't be helped.  

Meepfur
Crew

sariraii

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:24 pm
Zarsteyr, he/him
"Zarsteyr," he replied, offering his own name to the man. Some hatchlings took their time, true, but...all of them? They wasted no time hatching, it was just the Impressing that seemed to take a while. The sands were getting crowded, but Zarsteyr wasn't horribly worried. He'd other things to concern himself with, of course, such as watching the Bone Green to make sure she didn't come too close. True, she hadn't hurt any candidates, but...he had to be ready to defend his new friend, if it came to it. He also kept an eye on the other dragons, especially the ones who had proven to be a bit...violent. Still, Zarsteyr was glad, despite all that had happened--the tragedy, the violence. It all seemed to die down a little, and he watched as a handsome bronze emerged, posing, and smirked a little in amusement as the gold paused to watch him, unabashedly.

Revel1984

Nyrida, she/her
Bone Green passed by a man near her, Wren, and lifted her nose at him, disdainfully rejecting him. Nyrida offered him a gentle, if not awkward smile. A hatching was hardly the best time to be awkwardly attempting to make friends, but...as long as she focused primarily on keeping safe and observing the hatchlings, an attempt at conversation couldn't hurt, could it?

"Greetings," she offered, a bit stiffly, as she glanced down at the smaller male nearby, before her eyes moved back towards the sands. "You are Wren, correct?" He was another Western candidate, so she knew of him, but they'd never officially met, and she couldn't remember ever interacting with him. Still...she tried to keep track of names.

MaraRune

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:30 pm
Bekah nodded "As best i could, i erred on the side of caution and used a slightly diluted solution though, but they've been rinsed, i've not seen any signs of debris left in the swabs" she answered Vekiel, standing back a little and letting the more experienced healer, who was also native to the weyr, take a look at the patient. "I've not yet trained to stitch him up properly, just enough to make sure he's not going to die on us" she eyed Rykin "you're definitely going to Stand again, you might even Impress here" she said reassuringly, if not just a smidge hopeful, she always did hope all candidates Impressed. If Vekiel wanted to take over though, she was happy to step aside for the more experienced healer, she'd be happy to move to other patients, well.... not really, but she wasn't native so she wasn't going to say anything, She was the stranger here so had reason to be disgruntled.

Smerdle
houllow

~~~~~~~~~~

"mind if i call you Zar?" he asked "bit easier to say, feel free to shorten mine too" he added, and if he moved to be slightly in front of the other candidate when the Bone Green came near, but not near enough to hurt either of them, it was totally an unconscious decision.

sariraii

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:32 pm
Sorsha
Things seemed to be calming down, and Sorsha breathed a sigh of relief. She watched a couple of Impressions happen, and bounced up and down happily for each new pairing that walked off the Sands. Then one of the little queens Impressed, and she gasped and nearly cheered out loud. That lucky girl! Of course, they all were lucky, those who Impressed. The redhead smiled widely and turned her thoughts back to joy and welcoming feelings. She hoped she'd end up one of the lucky ones this time, too.

Tokki
Tokki watched as one of the angry little greens approached him, and he braced himself for the worst. All he got, though, was a growl as she passed him by. He was never so happy to be passed over by a dragonet at a Hatching as he was right at that moment. This was definitely worse than the High Reaches Hatching. Taking a deep breath to calm himself, he resumed concentrating on the hatchlings that remained and the eggs that still hadn't hatched yet. Maybe he'd Impress, maybe he wouldn't. He was perfectly okay either way, as long as he got out alive.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:41 pm

The Daisy green was feeling better. She already knew what she needed to do, too. She'd seen it done several times now, even by her angry sister. Peeling away from the general crowd, she looked about. It wasn't easy at first - finding the source of those feelings was hard, and harder still when she thought that maybe she hadn't met them yet. But she made her way carefully over, taking extra care not to bump into anyone if she can help it.

Padding over to where her golden sister stood, Daisy gave a little chirrup, as if to say, I need to get by, and the queen gave way, letting her make her way over, a little closer to the Candidates. There was one in particular that needed her, and Daisy needed to be needed. KiriMine, please won't you come with me? she asked politely, peering up at the her Candidate, eyes whirling with rainbows. I promise your Felisath won't ever leave you alone... ever again. I'm sorry it took so long, but I didn't... I didn't know where to find you. Not until my sister showed me.

Even it had been a coincidence, it had helped. Gazing up hopefully, the little green awaited the girl's response.

User Image

Uta

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

sariraii

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:48 pm
Zarsteyr
Zarsteyr--now Zar--nodded, grinning. "Only if I can call you Far, of course." They'd make a great pair, probably. It didn't matter that Zarsteyr was willing to lay down his life for someone he'd just met. That was just how he was--he was willing to lay down his life for someone he hadn't met, too. Zarsteyr smiled as the nervous-seeming green Impressed. Not to him or Xahteis, of course (though obviously, they'd both end up with greens), and not to Far, either--but she'd Impressed, and that was a relief.

Revel1984

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:48 pm
Jacquol—She/Her
"Glad she got hers first—like you said! Fastest one there should get the win, right?" She turned her toothy grin on the other girl as they continued their danger-avoidance waltz. Thankfully things seemed... mostly settling. Still some angry eyes out there, but maybe one death was all that was in the cards today. "Gold's not for me, nah. Can you imagine? Pfft!" She gave a shrug of a shoulder, though she managed not to roll her eyes at the idea. "As for me, aye, 'from here', I suppose. A few turns now, though it wasn't ever my plan. You might say I... stumbled into it." Another shrug. "Not me if it was at High Reaches. Western has my heart, at least, for now. I wasn't there for the big clutch those two golds had, so you must be thinking of someone else."

Ah but look, another of the greens had chosen. She paused in her now-casual sidling away from the more aggressive hatchlings to give a quick clap or two. That green had seemed rather soft and polite, not at all like her more rowdy sisters... but was gorgeous all the same. "No gold for you either then, huh? A fighter for you? Can't say's I disagree. Fast and free, that's the way. A jolly little spit-fire dragon to sport with sounds just right, no offense to those who'd prefer a metallic hide beneath their bums!"

Andranis
@Tarnarnia

ShinosBee

Nerd

Teiha

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:50 pm
The Mint Chocolate Chip green wandered about at a cheerful trot, shadowing Bone Green in only the loosest sense. She sniffed a lot of the same candidates, but seemed more interested in pausing to nuzzle those who had minor hurts or were frightened.

Quite suddenly, her head jerked up. Anyone nearby would have heard what she did—a scrabbling and a muffled squeal! She leapt into action, rushing to the aid of an egg that had been half-buried. She broke open the shell, releasing yet another green sister into the world!

Mystery #1 gave her sister a merry headbutt, about as un-distressed as she could be about her former predicament. They seemed to be whispering with each other, faces side by side and close enough for their cheeks to touch. Mystery’s eyes flushed bright blue with delight, and she led the way in a sudden chaaaaaarge!

The two greens barreled toward the Candidates, splitting off at the last moment before contact. Mystery Green threw herself at Dhawsn, Fisher and Serfie, while Mint Chocolate Chip went for Nuamia, Rasthell and Rio. They’d all been wanting to see babies up close, right? What fun!

Quote:
No intent to damage, but definitely trying to knock some “pins” over! Minor injuries (bruises, cuts) possible, no death.

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games