Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Anakumath's Hatching] From a Little Spark May Burst a Flame Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:08 pm
The No. 2 Pencil Gold saw the grey within her sisters gaze. While she was delighted that her entourage was perfectly large, and wonderfully delightful--she would remember those who did NOT join up in her party--she was not wholly unaware of something that she needed.

Why should all of her siblings get attention, love, and praise? So many Candidates were leaving, hardly any would be there to see her momentous moment. And didn't she deserve her time in the limelight?

Worse...

Was one of her sisters going after what was rightfully Hers?

This... This would not do.

With a flare of her wings, the queen turned to nuzzle her golden sister. She did direct her commentary to all those within the merry party.
Find Yours--and let us all reunite at the tables. How generous she was, allowing them to leave her side--but there was something that had must be done.

With surprising speed, the Queen pushed her way through the Candidates, making a beeline towards a certain someone. A certain green sister was now very much in her way--that simply would not do. Take Yours at once, Metisoth, and be off with you. Because now it was HER moment to shine.

Instead, the queen trotted directly towards Yunara--putting her sister out of sight and out of mind. Yes, this one would serve her well splendidly, for surely, she would be quite simple to push around, indeed. Yes, this was the one she wanted, and the one that would be Hers. Sweet, generous, obliging Yunara--Come, make much of your Ardoxshoth. You are far more than just a kitchenworker now, young lady--for you are Mine. MINE. Now, take me once around the Sands, just like so, so others might admire me. I mean...us. Yes, for Yunara should be admired and anyone who didn't give them their proper due would surely face her ire.

User Image

Mr Cheri

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:10 pm
Nuamia She/her - Western

Nuamia watched in wonder as Dehka impressed right next to her. It was so marvelous to see and she was so happy for him. “Congratulations!” She cried in delight. The little green could get some more comfort now and Dehka could be looked at by the healers! She turned to Razanel and grinned. “Now it is just us.” As if there weren’t a bunch of other candidates are on the sands.

Uta
Razanel

Tsunake
Dehka

Divisti She/her - High Reaches

Divisti stood quietly with Beelim, watching and waiting. Impressions were starting to happen quickly and she wanted to take it all in. It was a companionable silence on her part at least. She was relieved when the distressed green found hers. And she smiled at the drama of the blue flopping on the sands at a boy’s feet. She hoped that the rest of the hatching would go as smoothly as the last few minutes.

demon_pachabel
Beelim

Heleste She/her - High Reaches

Heleste watched all the impressions with joy. It was so wondrous to see. Even with the sad times on the sands, the day was over all a happy one. She nudged Kedriom a little. “Do you want to go back?” She asked. Not that it really mattered where they were. Would this place provide a better vantage point she wondered.

Zaikt
Kedriom

Remdianori He/him - Western

Remdianori watched the metallic parade with amusement. Befitting that they take their time to take everything in together. He didn’t think that the bronze was meant for him but he couldn’t help the small hope that someone was here for him. But who knows. It wouldn’t be the first time he walked off the sands alone if it turned out that way.  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

Tsunake rolled 0-sided dice: Total: 0 (-0)

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:16 pm
((ah yes, the dice rolling.))  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:17 pm
Another twitch of effort. Annnnnnnd the Corn Egg fell over. From its prone position in the sand, it didn't seem inclined to move again.  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:31 pm
For the first time since Lusialu had grasped her hand, Yunara found her own falling away. Stunned by the little queen's words and regards, the girl knelt down so that she might examine the spirited creature before her. "Oh my," she said, reaching down to stroke that precious head. A thousand thoughts drifted through her mind as she stared into a pair of stunning rainbow eyes. Memories of events from her past, of moments where another's will had pressed down on her own, just like this. But Yunara was not unused to this sort of treatment, nor did she balk at it.

"You're quite something, aren't you?" she said, her voice soft and fond, and filled with unwavering love. This little queen had led her cohorts to some very dramatic moments, but Ardoxshoth was hers, and hers alone. Just as she, Yunara, was hers. With a gentle, tender pat, she reached down to pick up her infant queen. As large as she was, she was still an infant, and while heavy, not outside of what the small young woman could manage.

This was so much like tending to K'rou - No, not K'rou, never K'rou, Ardoxshoth put in, stopping that thought midway. But although the queen expected her rider to simply bend to her will, the deft and proper young woman did no such thing. Rather, she accepted her strong willed infant with a warm regard, and a tenderness that might have been given to a human child. Wasn't the queen so much like that? A spoiled little one who wanted to have her way?

Ah, but it couldn't hurt to take a little turn around the Sands. "Just once, my love. It will be time to feed you before too long. Ardoxshoth, this is my sister, Lusialu. And that," she said, gesturing to Kinye, "is our friend, Kinye." As though the queen didn't know who her own sister had Impressed to! Just before the gold decided to show ill temper, the girl pulled away from the others. "Ardoxshoth wants to walk around the Sands," she explained, her smile bright and elated. How could she be anything but happy in this perfect moment?

It is perfect... but it would be even more perfect if you were to give me that necklace you're hiding away, the little queen remarked, and with a laugh Yunara started on their journey, letting the Weyr see her beautiful child, and letting said child see the Weyr. What a pair they made - kitchenworker and ex-teahouse heir, with her greedy queen, who wanted nothing so much as to have everything the world could offer them both.

But mostly her.

Up until this very moment, Yunara hadn't known how much she had needed this. She'd been alone until Alusia had taken her in, never mind a certain someone who was not to be named. Was her foster mother watching her right now? Did her foster brother and sister in the Sands see her? Were they proud? ... And did her grandparents, who had come all this way to watch her first Hatching, feel... proud?

Never mind them. Just look at all of those Sparklies. For there were some very sparkly dragons up in the Stands. Row upon row of Sparklies, and they were all hers. They just didn't know it yet.

Uta
demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:33 pm
Rahmsii

Rahmsii saw Meila impress - and his heart was nearly ready to burst as his friend moved from the sands to feed the bright little green by their side. He couldn't wait to congratulate her at the Feast! He wished nothing but joy their way, Miela and hers deserved it.

He shifted on his place from the sands heat creeping up on him. And moved for just a bit of a better look. One of the gold impressed with a strut - a flurry of sparkle of hide. The town queens looking strong for the Weyr he now called home. Queens! Twins! Everyone had been talking about Westerns twins, and now it was their turn to shine.  

Spockat

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:38 pm
Iskernyk - Standidate - He/Him

Impression after impression soon began to befell the sands. The brown firelizard on his lap gave up trying to get his lap back again instead slinking over to lay across K'ent's instead. The bronze that had gathered the candidates together had impressed, one of the twin golds had impressed. Oh, so many that happened. Yet Iskernyk leaned back as he spotted Rahmsii in the crowd pnce more. His brother was safe still, good. And, oh, was that the girl who had been mauled at the previous hatching impressing as well? Excellent, good for her.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:51 pm
Well. That was that. No. 2 Pencil II padded away from the scene of her sister's Impression, although she was certainly moved by it. It was not yet time to find Hers, though she dearly longed to - mainly owing to the fact that her sweet little brother was so distressed. Turning around, the little queen walked back to where Sunshine blue stood, reaching down to nuzzle him. It's all right, dear heart. You're doing just fine. Don't you worry, she told him, even as he creeled in concern over her attention.

B-but... but it's your turn, the blue protested. And of course, his dear bronze brother's turn, too! How could he act now, when there were other, more deserving dragons who had not yet Impressed?

Softly, the queen nuzzled her brother a second time. No one will mind, my dear brother, she told him, letting her own will calm him with a soothing touch. It was not a compulsion, but rather pure comfort that she offered, and the blue quieted, eyes beginning to whirl with soft greens and purples. Dear Orange Slice, have you seen anyone that you want? she asked obligingly, her own eyes a solid green-blue.

Uta

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:21 pm
The Orange Slice Bronze had rather wanted to accompany his sisters--both of them--until they had found Theirs. But there was someone out there that he had had his eye on...

And instinct was beginning to overcome etiquette.

Indeed, Dear Sister, I have! I had rather wanted to wait for you to also select Yours... But, if you might forgive me, we shall surely meet up at the feeding tables. Someone had best keep those before us in line, after all. He said such a thing matter-of-factly and without true malice, for he did want to meet his clutchmates' selected chosen, quite eagerly...but he also wanted to ensure no one stepped out of line.

Giving each in the party a small affectionate nuzzle as he passed, the bronze sauntered confidently over to the one who had caught his eye as he'd wandered the Sands with his clutchmates.

Cast your gaze away from my sisters, for while they deserve much praise and adoration, I would much rather you admire me instead. I can introduce you properly to my fine clutchmates back at the Tables, where they are already waiting. Come now, Rahmsii--our destiny awaits.

The bronze dragon's eyes whirled a vibrant rainbow as he peeked up at His from the warm Sands. He had no worries that he might be rejected, for they were most perfectly suited.

User Image

Spockat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:26 pm
Kinyegele of Green Metisoth

There was so much certainty in Black Cat Brown's words that Kinye was inclined to believe him just for that reason - as though she didn't hand out her trust like it was an everyday item that every person she passed by got a little piece of. Like someone couldn't hold onto that very trust and turn it against her in a heartbeat and leave her knowing there was nobody to blame but herself. But she handed it off freely without fear or hesitation again.

"I hope so!" she agreed warmly, sending a thought of love after the handsome brown as he finally made his way off to look upon the other candidates. He'd never been for her - she'd not even dared entertain the idea for risk of heartbreak. Dragons came and went, after all, and so many gave her the honor of stopping to say hello and allow her to be but a little blip on their map to the futures they would live brilliantly with other candidates-to-riders.

A future she would patiently wait for until the end of time without fear.

So it was with that same coming-and-going in mind that the approach of another baby dragon, beautiful and green - oh that green she covetted so much - was framed. No more, no less. But what that failed to prepare for was the absolute more it was, that pang of sympathetic agony towards hurting hearts that beat in a chest that wasn't her own, a flood of colors that would briefly make her world colored in a way it had never been before - and a moment that would insnare itself tightly into her very being. It didn't tear down walls or force anything that had no already been there, but pushed out dust and fluff from unused space that had always been waiting to be filled.

Filled, by Metisoth.

KinyegeleMine, I'm sorry I'm not as loud as my brother but your Metisoth wants none else but you. You are a perfect rider, just not for my brother.

Had her hand remained outstretched that entire time or had she reached it out again as her dragon moved into it, guiding it to a perfect resting spot atop a perfect head - as though it had been made specifically for her hand to rest there. Perhaps it had been her hand made to rest there and all cooincidences of the universe had conspired to make sure each were simply right there, together as it was meant to be. Maybe it was both and all of it was true.

But it made her feel whole in a way nothing else ever had and while she was determined to be strong and good and all of these things, she would never be strong enough to hold in something as powerful as joy, even as she wept openly and dropped into the ready wings of Metisoth, who rushed in to embrace all of those complicated feelings that settled in all at once.

If Kinyegele was the sun, than her Metisoth would gladly be the sky that cradled and worshipped upon it until the world gave way to dust, as perfect as they could ever be.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:28 pm
Finally, with one shuddering crack, the Corn Egg split open... and a brown dragon lifted his head to stare out at the Candidates with green eyes. Wow, look at all of them! He looked this way and that, noting some of his siblings nearby with a happy croon. Looks like a lot of them were finding Theirs! The baby took a deep breath, muscles tensing... and promptly laid his head back down.  
Jemaselle-She/Her - High Reaches weyr

Welp, that was some tough luck. She winced as the candidate was tossed like so much meat, discarded. It wasn't the first time she had seen someone be mauled but it was never easy to watch. Someone had came to get him off the sands at the very least. Hopefully he recovered... as well as he could.

Jemi looked over the hatchlings. A good amount had impressed and move on, and it was good to see them do so. She looked at the corn egg, one last one to hatch and to see what would come out of it.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Now that that hot mess was dealt with, the 90s Picture Day green remaining sashayed her way through the Candidates. Hmm... was it this one? She peered up into a Candidate's face, before shaking her head and moving on. ... Was it... that one?

So many, many interesting new friends to meet. But none of these were just right. With a flick of her tail, she sauntered past. My, my, my... aren't you all just so charming? So charming, so intriguing... but so wholly devoid of that little thing she needed in a bondmate. Hmmmmm!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:31 pm
Surel

Barely keeping her wits about her, Surel gave a strained laugh as Dys tried to tell her it was all right! She was the one with deep gashes on both legs and blood flowing freely onto the sands, turning it dark and wet, and she was putting on a brave face to comfort Surel.

And it seemed to be working?

It wasn't until she felt a warm snout bump her own leg that she realized Sunshine Green had come over to make them feel better, just as she had (or was it her twin?) on the sands not long ago when Surel had touched her shell. Her worry and anxiety was pushed down to a manageable level, giving her a clear enough head to focus on what she needed to do.

"Thank you," she said quietly to the green before she pranced off again, now completely focused on getting her friend to the healers. Thankfully the dragon had given them enough of a boost to hobble over to the area and once the healers took over Surel heaved a shaky sigh of relief. Right...Dys was in good hands now, capable hands that would ensure she only walked away with scars and a story.

She glanced out at the sands again and was surprised to see how many dragons had impressed during their trek. This was going much faster than the last hatching, but she wasn't at all upset about that. Things had started off with quite the bang and while a bit of excitement wasn't out of place at a hatching, Surel really could do without it.

"I'll just. Um. Stay here with you I think," she told Dystzha as the healers worked on patching her up. She was still technically on the sands after all and if hers was here today...well. Hopefully they'd find her over here.

Prism Shine

---

Rundanrul

Ah, and there went Lisa Frank Bronze, impressing to someone else. Rundanrul couldn't be too disappointed - the bronze wasn't his, after all - considering there were still some contenders on the sands. There was the other bronze, a brown, and an egg that still had yet to hatch. He kept his eyes on the bronze, though, and would continue to do so until he impressed-

Which he did. Sigh. Turning his gaze to Black Cat for a moment, he glanced at Corn Egg as it finally hatched. Another brown. Good. Although this one seemed to be the exact opposite of Black Cat, settling in for a rest instead of strutting around.

---

Versha

Things were happening very quickly. So quickly Vera had a hard time keeping up with who was Impressing, who was strutting around in the queen's caravan, and who-

Oh!

Black Cat had finally made his entrance, and what an entrance it was! Vera had to give a little laugh of delight at the pose that he struck and applauded very softly for him. He hadn't been joking when he'd said he was going to make an entrance. He continued to prance around the sands, showing off for the Candidates and those watching. Oh yes, he was a performer through and through.  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:31 pm
V'ek and Blue Nimiseth

Mine. Can't you see me?

At first, he thought the brown himself must be speaking, but nothing about that seemed right. Of course he could see the dragon. He was looking right at him.

The plea was immediately followed by a devastating wave of hunger, stronger than shoes and knots and rage and Attend Me. Vannek squeezed his eyes shut against it, and when he opened them again, there was a shimmering, freshly brother-booped lump of squishy dragon heaped at his feet.

My Vannek, please don't let your Nimiseth fade here. I was looking so hard for you I fear any longer without food and I may simply cease to be.

The blue had barely gotten past his name before Vannek was kneeling at his side, running his hands over the hatchling's beautiful speckled hide. He could only guess that this was Impression, for it was the deepest emotion he had ever experienced. Stronger than his love for his twin, more devastating than his fear after the destruction of Telgar. But even now, he wouldn't let others see that he was overwhelmed.

"Are you hurt? Should I... well..." I don't think I can carry you, but I can call a healer if... No. Nimiseth needed nothing more than meat. Several herdbeasts at least. Vannek shook his head and scratched at the blue's eye ridges, a smile overtaking his face. "Surely you don't need that much meat."

Oh, but I do, Mine. I do! We must get to the food before it's all gone! He wiggled to his feet at the thought of such a travesty, moving more quickly than he probably would for a long time to come. Come, my Vannek! I will show you there is nothing more glorious than meat! There was a hop in his step as he trundled off.

Meat!

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces