Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Get phunkeh thread!! woo baby!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20008 20009 20010 20011 20012 20013 ... 20188 20189 20190 20191 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We need a new poll...
  Yes we do!
  No... we really don't
  Um... Gold?
View Results

penned ignorance

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:05 pm
I can't text or call at work. razz I need to wait til I go on break for any sort of outside world contact. But I imagine that talking on your cell in the middle of a grocery store as an employee wouldn't look too good to the customers. xD  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:08 pm
penned ignorance
I can't text or call at work. razz I need to wait til I go on break for any sort of outside world contact. But I imagine that talking on your cell in the middle of a grocery store as an employee wouldn't look too good to the customers. xD

I am not supposed to text, either. >_> Just...with the nature of my job, especially at night, it's pretty hard to get caught. All the administration and most supervisors leave at 5.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

penned ignorance

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:11 pm
Lucky. razz Like I said... I work in the middle of a grocery store. Between customers (who like to complain A LOT) and managers with security cameras, it's pretty easy to get caught.

Speaking of customer complaints, I had one this last weekend because when I walked up to the woman and said "Hi," apparently she was too retarded to understand that I was taking her order. razz She got mad at me because I didn't plaster on a fake smile and say "What can I get you today?!"

EDIT: Then she proceeded to get angry with me after I gave her the order all nice-like and said "Here you go, ma'am." because I didn't ask if she wanted something else. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it seem pretty obvious that if you came to the Deli, you're going to order meat? I mean honestly, if the employee comes up to you and says hi, you give them your order. Not hard to grasp the concept.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:14 pm
o___o; I assume that by acknowledging me, the person behind the counter is waiting to hear what I want. If they didn't, they'd probably say, "I'll be with you in a moment," or ignore me.

Some people are retarded. -_-  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

penned ignorance

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:21 pm
Yeah, exactly! If any employee behind the counter is saying hi to me, I assume they're not just there to chat. razz Apparently this woman wanted me to sound like I walked out of the friggin' employee handbook or something. Even the manager wasn't too upset about it. She just told me to make sure if the person I was serving was grumpy or not before I say hi. xD That way I can tell if I should be nicer to them.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:25 pm
I'm glad your manager was understanding. :3 Mine's usually pretty good about stuff like that. Most of the complaints we get are about stuff that is completely unrelated to us, or stuff that's ridiculous.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

penned ignorance

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:31 pm
Yeah, we have some decent managers at our store. Well... kind of. Haha I'm the senior part time worker, and I've been there so long that all the managers know I'm a good employee. So when there's a complaint about something ridiculous like that, they don't take it too seriously. If it were someone else, it may have been handled differently, but for the most part management is pretty good.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:03 pm
Mmm noms.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

penned ignorance

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:04 pm
Yay for noms! biggrin I'm busy listening to music and downloading stuff.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:12 pm
Yay for music!  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

penned ignorance

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:22 pm
Indeed. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:44 pm
cool Phunkeh Password has been selected, and the contest is on once again for this weekend. Again, I'm sorry for forgetting last week. But the pize is bigger now so....Woo!  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:19 pm
Woohoo for the Phunkeh contest. biggrin

In the interest of making conversation (and since I had a veggie sub not too long ago), what kind of vegetables does everyone like? On sandwiches, and otherwise.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:39 pm
I like most veggies. Cauliflower, carrots, and peppers are probably my favourite.  

PixiecuTT

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:00 am
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.
There they are a'standing in a row!

I finally got some hot dogs and ate them.

That is all.

Good night.

"Give them a twist, a flick of the wrist!"
That's what the showman said!

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20008 20009 20010 20011 20012 20013 ... 20188 20189 20190 20191 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games