Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Get phunkeh thread!! woo baby!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20010 20011 20012 20013 20014 20015 ... 20188 20189 20190 20191 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We need a new poll...
  Yes we do!
  No... we really don't
  Um... Gold?
View Results

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:59 pm
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.
There they are a'standing in a row!

Here in Las Vegas, it's a lot more expensive to rent anything than it is to buy it. I've prowled Craigslist and saw houses for $50k-$70k. Perfectly good 2, 3 bedroom houses -- all's I would have to do is fix them up, since a lot of houses here are foreclosed on.

I'm just avoiding Home Owner Association neighborhoods. If you don't know what that is, Tae, they're evil people that dictate how you live. In every one of those neighborhoods, they have a person assigned to watch everyone and check up on their activities. It's terrible. eek

"Give them a twist, a flick of the wrist!"
That's what the showman said!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:06 pm
There's an entire bedroom community outside of my city that's like that. There isn't a HOA, but the town council goes crazy with bylaws regarding what you can and can't do to your house.

You can't have certain kinds of siding on your house, or certain kinds of roofs, you can't have a garage of a certain size, you can't have clotheslines, you can't let your lawn grow too high, etc, etc, etc.

The guy that I'm seeing, he lives there. x3 The people who live there have a terrible reputation for being nosy, snobby, busy-bodies. So like, a whole town run by a HOA.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:39 pm

Oh my God. I couldn't do it. gonk

In Summerlin, a part of the city that's to the west of me, is like... the rich, old persons community. My dad's told me that a person can't work on their automobiles out in the street, that they have to do it in the garage -- it can't be visible.

I think there's some rules on noise production. Y'know, the old people need their naps and stuff.

I've only ever been to Summerlin a handful of times and I swear, I'm in some place tourist-y. All the buildings are in brick or nice, shiny granite. Pretty much all the driveways to any shopping place are cobbled. There's a Starbucks and a bank on every corner, contrary to 7-11's being on every corner in my kneck of the woods. whee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:56 pm
BAHHHHHHH! razz What a day this has been.  

penned ignorance

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:57 pm

How's everything going with your guy?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:00 pm
Well he's still not answering me, but today pretty much confirmed that he's actually ignoring me. So not well, all in all. razz  

penned ignorance

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:01 pm
How nice of him, being a jerk and whatnot. :/ Laaame.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:09 pm

I would say for you to move on. Then again, I'm not you, so, all's I can really do is wish you the best of luck and hope everything goes okay.

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

penned ignorance

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:09 pm
Oh yeah, it was very wonderful. razz I called his house with my phone and there was no answer, then I tried to call with my mom's cell to see if it would make a difference. Lo and behold, they answered. But when I asked his sister if he was around, she very hurriedly said he wasn't home... in a wishy washy tone of voice, too. And I sent him a facebook message this morning to call me. I know he's been on since then, and he's completely ignored my message. I haven't even done anything to warrant this.. needless to say, I'm pissed off.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:10 pm
Yeah, I'm pretty much at that point... which is a shame, all things considered. sad I was really hopeful that he'd actually come around.  

penned ignorance

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:14 pm

*Hugs.*

My grandmother's funny. She's not very computer literate and she let me know that she can't log onto Facebook anymore, that her password doesn't work. I've already changed it for her once. I told her I'll change it to something harder and longer to ensure her account's safety.

Either my mom or I need to get her a new computer. She's has this ancient dinosaur of a thing.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:17 pm
Thanks, Chex. smile

At least your Grandma IS computer literate... mine's so not. She wouldn't know how to turn one on, let alone use it.  

penned ignorance

emmmahy

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:44 am
Hello everyone~  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:52 am

Aaah, good morning. : )

Work amuses me. They stress no overtime and yet, I don't qualify for overtime because I'm only a part-timer. I don't work more than 8 hours a day. I got in and had a little note waiting for me, saying no overtime.

Okay. Fine. If my bosses aren't going to care, I'm not going to care.

My dad's funny. Last night, he told me I should let things pile up for days and see if they do anything about it.

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:42 am
User Image
After silence,
That which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible
is music.

Anyone still around?

User Image  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20010 20011 20012 20013 20014 20015 ... 20188 20189 20190 20191 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games