Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Get phunkeh thread!! woo baby!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20042 20043 20044 20045 20046 20047 ... 20188 20189 20190 20191 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We need a new poll...
  Yes we do!
  No... we really don't
  Um... Gold?
View Results

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:54 am
YunieCookie
PixiecuTT
YunieCookie
Taeryyn
Cats. Cats everywhere. o_o

And it is glorious and I want to keep it forever.

o___o

It is wonderful. o________o Especially the fact that the word filter was replacing the word God with "Bastet".

Nice avatar Pixie x3

Kyla: I didn't get to see the kitty emotes D:
emo

Neither did I *sadface*

Though I think it still meows when you post outside the guilds 8D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:38 am
I'm just gonna leave this here.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Lobo-chan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:44 pm
The Stand is on SyFy channel today. It makes me happy, but everyone I'm watching it with is being really loud and I can't hear xp
Why do they not understand that this is a good Stephen King movie? Even if Randall Flagg does look a little...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:38 pm
boooooo! Nobodeh got the password. It was boot  

Kyla_Ewens
Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:04 pm
...The Secret of Kells is LOVELY. That is all. <3 mrgreen

ninja creates some magical confections for all and sundry to feast upon  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:16 pm
Whee... Penny has resurfaced to join the living! Two of four research papers down, two to go...

One more week of school and it's all over.  

penned ignorance

Kyla_Ewens
Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:20 am
Hooray! Good luck 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:04 pm
im being hit on by a military mom DDDxx. Its akwaaarddd  

dark_wyvern_panda

Lobo-chan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:26 pm
Hmmm... I have about a month left of real school before it gets to finals and coasting before graduation. Why can't it be graduation yet? xp

So... German music. I really like it, and I managed to get a bunch of it for free from a friend heart What kinds of music do you people all like? This is a bit of a mix, but a lot of it is German rock music... But there's also two Beatles songs in German sweatdrop
Speaking of German music (ranting?), what languages do people on here know? I mean, do people speak languages other than English, or just the English? I know there are a few French speaking Canadians hiding in here... Ah, Canadian attack! gonk

I need sleep xp  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:50 pm
I listened to some German music back in high school, when I was friends with a German exchange student. Can't say I remember any of it, though. Angela Gossow, the singer from Arch Enemy, is German, but the band itself is Swedish.

I have always been very interested in languages, but German never particularly appealed to me. I don't consider it a very pretty language, but I feel the same way about English. Most languages sound nicer set to music than they do in casual conversation, in any case. :3 I haven't studied German, so I don't know if it has specific rules for intonation (French, for example, requires a specific intonation in order to sound natural.)

I speak English and French, and I can usually understand basic, written Spanish (and I would like to learn more). I would love to learn more Gaelic. I've wanted to learn Finnish for years, but haven't really gotten anywhere. razz Arabic or Farsi or Mandarin or Hindi would be more practical, though.

Getting back to your question about music...I find it hard to briefly state what "kind" music I like. It'd be easier to say what I don't like, but even that would be an essay-length answer.

My favourite band is HIM, and has been since high school. I love their music, even though they're guilty of one thing that usually totally puts me off.
All of their songs are about love (past, present, future...unrequited or otherwise...). All of them. Nothing particularly intelligent, nothing really profound, nothing really amusing, nothing really clever. I mean, kudos to them for being able to describe the same like....3 or 4 scenarios using different words (enough for...7 albums now?), but still.
Despite that, I truly enjoy their music. Album after album. (Well, not so much Dark Light, but otherwise...) I don't really understand it myself, but whatever.

Some other favourite artists would be Nirvana, The Dresden Dolls/Amanda Palmer, Panic! At the Disco, Our Lady Peace, Great Big Sea, The Used, and Silverchair.

I have favourite songs by a whole bunch of other artists, though, covering even more genres. :s  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Lobo-chan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:21 pm
I think French is a beautiful sounding language, but I will never learn it just because I hate the spelling xp Sorry, Tae.

I'm thinking about picking up German in college after another year or two of Spanish... Studying two languages at a time I can do, but three might be a bit much. Spanish is fun and I like it, but subjunctive... I go by feel on that as often as not, and I'm wrong in my usage half the time xp
I'm too intimidated by the tonal qualities of Chinese to try to learn it. I mean, I'm already learning the kanji for Japanese, so they're similar to the Chinese characters since they were derived from them... But the usage is different on a lot of them. And I can't hear the difference in tones in what little Chinese I've heard spoken xp

I can understand some spoken Italian when my Japanese teacher lapses into it because she can't think of the English. Yay Spanish!
Yeah... I'm majoring in language/linguistics in college =x  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:29 pm
French spelling is actually something I like. x3 The consistency, anyway. Each phoneme is represented by a specific letter or group of letters, unlike in English. You know...though, thought, thorough, bough...all different sounds, with the same -ough letters. I always hated that, even though I never had trouble remembering it.

If you know how it is spelled, then you know how it is pronounced (and vice-versa). It's my understanding that Spanish and Japanese are even more consistent, lacking the handful of exceptions that there are in French. Of course, Japanese makes up for that with the different scripts. sweatdrop

I found the subjunctive tense difficult in French, because I never really knew it existed in English. x3 I still would probably have some trouble identifying it in English, actually.

I will never be able to speak Spanish properly. I can't do an alveolar trill. sad  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Lobo-chan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:54 pm
Yeah. I still can't roll my R's, so... We're in the same boat on that, Tae xp And I wouldn't be able to tell you an example of English subjunctive use either.

Yeah, English is totally ridiculous on spelling, which is why I love "ghoti", but... I know how to spell in English (most the time) because I'm used to it. I just don't want to have to learn crazy spelling all over again in French xp

I loved my linguistics class, so I'll be taking a lot more linguistics classes in college. I like to talk.

Uhg, my summer orientation session for going to college in the fall? It's on my birthday because it's the only day that worked with my family's schedule. Why do I have to take placement exams on my birthday? Blech xp Summer birthdays have spoiled me. So I'm trying to convince my friends who are going to the same college that they should go to the same orientation session as me so that I can bother them in between things. If not, well... I'll just bring a notebook and some pencils I guess ^.^;  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:52 pm
Sigh. Nobody to talk to! sad Penny is sad and lonely.  

penned ignorance

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:34 pm
sad Aww. Poor Penny.

It is 12:34 here, so I just made a wish. >.> It's one of those things I've done since I was a kid. Not that I really believe in that sort of thing, it's just habit.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20042 20043 20044 20045 20046 20047 ... 20188 20189 20190 20191 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games