Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Get phunkeh thread!! woo baby!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20114 20115 20116 20117 20118 20119 ... 20188 20189 20190 20191 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We need a new poll...
  Yes we do!
  No... we really don't
  Um... Gold?
View Results

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:44 pm
Was vegetarian for about 10 years, and I still have a primarily veg diet. In general, I feel much healthier when I abstain from meat. That said, re-adding meat into my diet was a miserable ******** experience, so I still eat meat from time to time. I don't want my body to forget (again) how to handle it, and it's nice to have the flexibility. biggrin

I would definitely encourage people to try going meatless for a week or two (or more), if they have the opportunity, even if it's just for fun. Try some new meals, learn more about nutrition, and quite possibly save some money. *shrug*  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:55 am
I've never tried to go without meat for a week at a time, but I have done it for a day or two at a time... When you decide to try to avoid meat for even a day, you end up realizing how much you eat and it's kinda weird. Like "okay, get the tofu instead of the chicken/pork/beef... Wow, I eat a lot of dead animals, don't I?".
I want to try a recipe for some sort of vegan baked goods sometime, just so I can figure out how they get everything to stay together without using eggs. I've had some vegan stuff that was really good, including baked goods. Mmmm, baking heart  

Lobo-chan

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:52 pm
I only started eating tofu recently (within the past year), and that's thanks to Pixie. It's always annoyed me a little bit how it's sort of the first thing people think of when they think "vegetarian". That said, it is very versatile and inexpensive (a big block is like $2 here, which can be used for at least two meals), but it was definitely an acquired taste for me. (Acquired texture, maybe.) It was also impossible to buy in my hometown when I was younger, so even if I had liked it, it wasn't an option. x3

I would have some trouble going vegan, mostly due to apathy and my love of cheese. x3 I've considered doing it for a month, just to see how I feel, but that probably won't happen until I'm only buying groceries for myself.

But yeah. Once you stop eating animal flesh, you become acutely aware of how much of it you used to eat, even if you weren't a total carnivore. Going vegan would make you painfully aware of all the other animal bits that you eat without even thinking about it. Most of my favourite candies aren't vegan, and anyone who likes milk chocolate is out of luck. (Although I'm sure there are alternatives.)  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:05 pm
Yeah. I know plenty of vegetarians who can't stand tofu. But I love it heart It's all in how you season it with tofu, or so I've been told.
My diet will probably be extremely shocked when I go to study abroad in Japan in another couple of years. Heehee xp

Cheese is fantastic. Never give it up!  

Lobo-chan

KiBowie

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:55 am
Merry Christmas Eve ATG! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:04 am
Merry Christmas Eve!

Also, this song has been stuck in my head since I heard it last night. It won't leave! Doe-Me-Doe Duds  

Lobo-chan

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:01 pm
Here in the future it is already Christmas. So have a merry Christmas guys. Or as the gift wrap I bought from Think Geek reads, "have a satisfactory non-denominational capitalist wintertime gift-giving season!" mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:08 pm
Terra, have I ever told you that I love you? Because I do xp

Merry Capitalist Holiday.  

Lobo-chan

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:12 pm
Love you too, Lobo! xd

I haven't wrapped all of my gifts in it. Just the ones to people who I think will "get it."

Also, Terra loves tofu. Yum yum! And there are vegan chocolate options. Chocolate itself of course comes from the pods of the cocoa tree so it is technically vegan because it is from a plant. The problem comes down to picking a brand that hasn't had animal products added to it. The most obvious things that would spring to mind there would be dairy but other additives are usually in there too. As with most food choices, it comes down to how well you have educated yourself on how to read the ingredients list. (Or, "is there an app for that?") I have tried some vegan chocolate brands. They were still good but not as overall satisfactory as what I've been raised to regard as chocolate. That said, just as I've learned to no longer want salt on my food and can no longer stand the taste of sugar in my tea, I'm sure I could learn to prefer the taste of vegan chocolate too. It's just a matter of what you are used to.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:09 am
It's Christmas, and aretoo has the whole day off! What will he do with it? Obviously, NOT sleep in. whee I think I'll start wrapping presents and put in White Christmas. Oh, yeah, and wish all my fellow ATGers Merry Christmas!  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

Lobo-chan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:01 pm
Whoo day off! (I grabbed your booty, Are. Oh-ho-ho~ 4laugh )
Merry Christmas, all.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:41 am
...I kinda don't know what to do with myself now that I'm back on Gaia.

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:59 am
User Image

I just took all my deodorant sets out of their boxes. Holy ******** I have a lot. D: Need to find space for this stuff!

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:19 pm
Deodorant sets? confused

So... myep. Anyone have suggestions of good comics I should check out? I got a gift card for a comic store. Yay comics!  

Lobo-chan

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:36 pm
Been so busy with holidays. I will return eventually. I hope the celebrations have been fun for everyone! 8D  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20114 20115 20116 20117 20118 20119 ... 20188 20189 20190 20191 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games