Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Get phunkeh thread!! woo baby!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20119 20120 20121 20122 20123 20124 ... 20188 20189 20190 20191 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We need a new poll...
  Yes we do!
  No... we really don't
  Um... Gold?
View Results

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:13 pm
wink  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:21 pm
User Image

I have no idea what any of the french means. I wasn't very good at it when I had to learn french at school.

Plus my teacher was a b***h and it proper put me off.

User Image

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:01 pm
*waves to aretoo*

@Steph: I thought so, but I am really terrible with names, so I figured it would be good to check. xD

Hopefully things are settled down for you for a bit?

@Lobo: *high-fives* I plan on studying linguistics as well.

@Bass: A bad teacher will definitely put you off the subject, which is unfortunate. I've always loved languages, but if I had had the same French teacher throughout high school, I probably never would have taken my studies further. The teacher I had from grade 7-9 was abysmal.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:33 pm
I took Latin for a single year as a requirement, and it was the absolute worst class I've ever had. It's a nice language to know, but I can't tolerate it because of the experience. So bad teachers definitely have a way of putting people off subjects.  

Celestial Burden

Lobo-chan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:00 pm
For Spanish, I managed to get teachers who were fantastic people but were bad at teaching. Or at least not so good... sweatdrop But I'm holding in there. I mean, I may not be learning quickly, but I'm still learning.
Japanese teachers, though? Oh gosh, the two I've had are right on top of it all the time.
My linguistics teacher seems pretty fun so far, and I have some previous knowledge from a high school linguistics class. *high-fives Tae* Linguistics is where it's at!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:56 pm
@ Tae: No worries, you got it in one. smile

Thing are what they are, I'm back in school again. Hopefully this time with a minimum of paperwork drama.

I used to study French, but it's been years since I had to use any of it. I'm not very good anymore, unfortunately. =P  

The Dinosaur Next Door

Celestial Burden

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:42 am
I really miss taking French, It's such a beautiful language, and it was actually just a lot of fun. Unfortunately they don't offer it at my university, and I was kicked out of it after my second year in high school because my sophomore teacher forgot to put my reccomendation in.

The semester is starting again in just under two weeks, so I'm probably going to be on less and less from now on. I'm going to try and read some parts of the text books so I don't get swamped.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:22 am
Oh, me too! It was like singing. And the professor always said I was very good, so I enjoyed the lessons!  

The Dinosaur Next Door

Lobo-chan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:35 am
I want to learn German. It sounds so cool =x
But I don't want to give up Japanese or Spanish, so German will have to wait until after I get my degree most likely. Oh well. Learn all of the languages!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:25 am
I wanted to learn German until my sister started taking German. Then I realized that I don't really like the language. XD  

The Dinosaur Next Door

Celestial Burden

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:49 am
I've always thought that Russian and Korean are nice languages. GIven the chance I'd like to at least try learning them,  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:37 pm
I don't know about Korean, but one of my friends is learning Russian. I like the way it sounds, too, but... I'm already learning the Japanese writing systems and don't want to bother with Cyrillic xp
I know enough about Russian to tell when this friend is speaking Russian or German based on sounds. Kind of like how I don't know crap about Chinese but can pick out if someone is speaking that.  

Lobo-chan

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:42 am
Start my new job detailing cars today. Working on the air force base, hellz yeah. cool  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:13 am
See, I would love to speak Russian. I think it's such an engaging language! German is more guttural than I ever knew... I don't even believe my face can make those sounds. gonk

@ Ro: Yay, congrats!  

The Dinosaur Next Door

Celestial Burden

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:57 am
I am so glad that SOPA and PIPA are receiving so much attention. Whenever I try talking to people here about it, as in my family, they're just sort of like, ",...what are you talking about?"  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20119 20120 20121 20122 20123 20124 ... 20188 20189 20190 20191 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games