Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Get phunkeh thread!! woo baby!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20122 20123 20124 20125 20126 20127 ... 20188 20189 20190 20191 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We need a new poll...
  Yes we do!
  No... we really don't
  Um... Gold?
View Results

ennaelatan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:53 pm
Lobo-chan
I'm good. Just going to school and being boring. And yourself?
I don't believe I've ever met you before, Ennaelatan.

I had another username, nataleanne. I think maybe we've spoken briefly but don't think we know each other smile I'm Natale! Or Nat. Or Natty. Or Nat-Brat if you're feeling kinkeh wink

Whatcha going to school for? That's more exciting than what I've got going on for sure =p I'm in the process of writing a short story and finishing the outline for my novel. Long, tedious process. x_x  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:55 pm
Sliiiiiim. She was like my internet twin. I miss her. I miss lots of people. ATG was my -home-.

On that note, sup guys? How goes it?

ennaelatan: Novels! I've been slowly working on a novel for forever. What are you writing?  

Celestial Burden

ennaelatan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:09 pm
Celestial Burden
Sliiiiiim. She was like my internet twin. I miss her. I miss lots of people. ATG was my -home-.

On that note, sup guys? How goes it?

ennaelatan: Novels! I've been slowly working on a novel for forever. What are you writing?

Slim's doodles certainly made me smile sometimes when I was in really crap moods smile

It's pretty overdone, I know, but I'm doing everything I can to make it perfect, I'm writing a zombie novel biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:17 pm
Cool/ Zombies definitely have received a lot of attention, especially recently, but there is a lot to be done with the genre depending on how you approach it. There are like... two? Zombie novels set in the city I live in. I haven't read them yet, but supposedly, there are pretty great. Your best bet is to avoid cliches, if you're attempting to write a serious book, or to just use all of them in ridiculous ways. It depends on what tone you're going for. Tell me how it works out, though! I'm always interested in other people's writing projects.  

Celestial Burden

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:27 am
:sticks head in:
Who's online?

Edit:
Later, then.
:wanders off:  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:47 pm
Right now I'm writing some 100 word love stories because they're doing a contest at my dorm... I have one, but ideas for a few others and then I'll send them around to a few people when I'm done to decide which to send in. The one I have done is the most unromantic love story ever xp
I should get back to writing some of my stories, but I've been so unmotivated lately sweatdrop

I'm studying language and linguistic type stuff. Japanese, Spanish, and linguistics heart It's going to be a thing, and by a thing I mean it will earn me a piece of paper in a couple more years.  

Lobo-chan

ennaelatan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:47 pm
Celestial Burden
Cool/ Zombies definitely have received a lot of attention, especially recently, but there is a lot to be done with the genre depending on how you approach it. There are like... two? Zombie novels set in the city I live in. I haven't read them yet, but supposedly, there are pretty great. Your best bet is to avoid cliches, if you're attempting to write a serious book, or to just use all of them in ridiculous ways. It depends on what tone you're going for. Tell me how it works out, though! I'm always interested in other people's writing projects.

I'm going to try and write something very accurate and downright frightening. The latter isn't hard, but the former is taking a lot of time. =p

Lobo-chan
Right now I'm writing some 100 word love stories because they're doing a contest at my dorm... I have one, but ideas for a few others and then I'll send them around to a few people when I'm done to decide which to send in. The one I have done is the most unromantic love story ever
I should get back to writing some of my stories, but I've been so unmotivated lately

I'm studying language and linguistic type stuff. Japanese, Spanish, and linguistics It's going to be a thing, and by a thing I mean it will earn me a piece of paper in a couple more years.

Nice! Stories are fun. When I was in school, one of our assignments for the course I was taking was to write a poem with fourteen lines and couplets for valentine's day. That was a lotta fun smile

Degrees are always good smile That's got to be wonderful, learning so much about such an important part of life that's often taken for granted.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:09 pm
Linguistics is a pretty cool field, I think. I personally could never do it, but I admire people that can. College is...slow. Right now, at least. On one hand, I have two crazy awesome professors, one that is so nerdy that it is just a lot of fun, and one that... I was able to have a surprisingly personal conversation with on a very personal basis, and received personal information back. I felt honoured, basically, and incredibly relieved to know that people -do- make it and people -do- understand. I've come across some people my own age that I could sort of relate to, but to hear her say that everything I was telling her sounded almost exactly like I was describing her life 20 years ago was...inspiring, almost. To know that people do grow up and they do make it out of where I've been and such.

...and I was rambling. No social life leads to this... ANYWAY. Hey guys.  

Celestial Burden

Lobo-chan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:33 pm
*hugs Celes* I'm glad that you have a good relationship with your professor.
I'm going to need to start actually getting to know mine. You know, going to office hours and stuff... Because I'll probably have to get letters of recommendation when I fill out the paperwork to study abroad sweatdrop I just tend to be busy the times that they have office hours.

I'm hoping that I can someday become fluent enough to have a chance at getting into translation. But that's a lot of what if's I suppose, and I still don't know whether you need to go to grad school for that sort of thing... Oh well, I'm still a freshman.
I'm just doing linguistics as a minor. It's interesting, but I'm not sure if I could commit enough to do it for a major, you know? Then there's the fact that if/when I do study abroad, I won't be able to take all of the same classes because of being abroad and whatnot...

Quote:
Once upon a time, there were two homo sapiens. They were mutually attracted to each other when they first met because of hormones and an instinctual recognition of the other as a good potential mate, but they talked and spent time together casually before initiating courtship. Chemical reactions in their brains told them that they loved each other.
Their courtship lasted for a time deemed acceptable by society before they signed paperwork that bound them together legally. They moved into a house and filed taxes together. They had their first child a year later, fulfilling their biological imperative. The end.

That's the 100 word love story I wrote. I think I'm going to send that in to the contest instead of writing something actually romantic. My other ideas for 100 word love stories are either kind of sad or just plain creepy sweatdrop
So, what do you guys think? I'm horrible, I know.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:38 pm
I like it, honestly. I really like it. It's a really interesting take on what love stories are "supposed" to be, and whether you intended to or not, it seems to address/question a lot of society's definitions and requirements regarding relationships.  

Celestial Burden

Lobo-chan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:46 pm
Hmmm, I think I'm going to see if I come up with anything else by the weekend before I decide and send it in. I really like it, but I almost certainly won't win the contest with it because of being "unromantic" xp But I am in the hipster dorm, so maybe they'll like it because it's not a mainstream love story?
I'll post up anything else I come up with so you guys can read. I'm glad you liked it!

And here's another 100 word love story
Quote:
You furrow your brow when you write. You lose the words quicker than you can get them down on a piece of paper, you can’t convey the feeling adequately.

I understand, and so I learn to talk with my hands. I want to have a conversation that won’t leave you frustrated with yourself.

The look on your face when I first signed “hello” was priceless. You laughed at me and corrected me when I had trouble forming the words.

You are so graceful when you talk, your movements smooth and confident.

Now I understand when you say “I love you”

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:31 pm
Hipstah sistah. cool  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:20 pm
*aretoo slips in from lurk-dom and says "it's soooooo lonely...."*  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:53 am
User Image

Oh my god I can't stop buying Warhammer models D:
what the hell is wrong with me?

User Image

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200

Lobo-chan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:10 pm
What's wrong with you, Bass? Maybe the fact that you have no butt! eek Because you're a fish.

*serenades Aretoo with a song about being lonely*  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20122 20123 20124 20125 20126 20127 ... 20188 20189 20190 20191 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games