Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Get phunkeh thread!! woo baby!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20148 20149 20150 20151 20152 20153 ... 20188 20189 20190 20191 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We need a new poll...
  Yes we do!
  No... we really don't
  Um... Gold?
View Results

Celestial Burden

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:55 pm
I'm not complaining about the workload, I just wish I didn't procrastinate so much. I like college, I get to write research papers on video games as long as I have a reasonable argument to make. It's great. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself once I'm out of school.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:57 pm
Between work, general life stuff, and keeping a teenager out of trouble, I have my hands full. razz  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Celestial Burden

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:01 pm
Well, yeah, I imagine that is rough. I just don't know how I'm going to make the transition between lifestyles.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:22 pm
Nah, it's not that bad. I love my independence.

The transition kind of sucks. I felt very disconnected from everything, even a little aimless. Granted, as soon as I was done my courses, I picked up and moved to a city I'd never lived in before, and didn't know anyone. It's not like I did a degree program, either, so I'm assuming the transition is easier (or a little less vague) for those that come out of school with a trade or a degree. You'd have more direction.

I'll be going back to school as soon as my "little brother" graduates, and I'm pretty apprehensive about it.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Celestial Burden

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:28 pm
From what I've heard, going back to school is a bit more difficult. It takes time to get used to your work following you home instead of staying at the job.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:39 pm
That aspect doesn't bother me much. I am more prepared to work my a** off now than I was when I graduated. It's something that I want, rather than something that's simply expected of me, if that makes any sense.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Celestial Burden

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:52 pm
I understand entirely. I think part of the reason that I've taken well enough to university is that it has been my goal since I can remember. I have always -wanted- to go to college and never felt like it was just another obligation.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:04 pm
I've always wanted an education, but I wanted to go on my own terms, and I wanted to be damn sure of what I wanted to do before spending thousands upon thousands of dollars. School can be so very expensive, and it's no guarantee that you'll work.

One of my best friends from high school worked his butt off getting his journalism degree. He works at a drug store as a cashier now. xp On the other hand, other friends of mine finished their studies, and are working in their fields, and are doing great. Even if I don't find a good job, I want to learn. There's so much to know.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Celestial Burden

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:07 pm
I definitely understand. I'm planning on going to grad school once I'm done with this, but who knows what will happen between now and then. For now I need to focus on getting to boot camp in the fall.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:00 pm
I am sooo not cut out for boot camp. blaugh  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:04 pm
You must shoes your boot camp wisely.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:50 am
Especially if you have sole, Jafty. smile

*glomp-huggle all, refresh the goodies* mrgreen

I realized the other day that what some people think of as a long work week is a light-to-medium week for me... is that bad? :/  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:09 am
aretoo
Especially if you have sole, Jafty. smile

*glomp-huggle all, refresh the goodies* mrgreen

I realized the other day that what some people think of as a long work week is a light-to-medium week for me... is that bad? :/

*huggles* I suppose it depends on whether you enjoy your work or not.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:09 pm
User Image

*is having a MASSIVE nerd moment*

I have Blast Hornet's theme from MegaMan X3 playing on repeat.

whee
User Image

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200

Celestial Burden

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:50 pm
*slinks in* sup atg?  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20148 20149 20150 20151 20152 20153 ... 20188 20189 20190 20191 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games