Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply RP/Game
.HACK//Sandbox [Semi-DM'd, Explanation Inside] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:55 pm
Blank chuckled lightly, "Just Blank is fine. And the name was spontaneous, really... I don't have a whole lot of luck, generally, so I have to work for it." He gestured to the polearm on his back. "Sorry I... left so suddenly yesterday," he said slowly to Chaos and Fable together. "There's a lot going on, and... well... I just didn't think going through an unauthorized chaos gate to a forbidden map was very... agreeable in the current circumstances. I'm a bit paranoid... As for the bracelet pieces... How many are there now... do you know, Chaos?" He eyed Fable suspiciously. How did she know about them? Had Chaos told her?

He idly patted his pocket where the chunk of bracelet remained. His screen pinged with a message, though he didn't recognize the name at first. 'Lynx... Where do I know that name from..?' Deciding to disregard it for now, he addressed his two acquaintances. "Things have been quite hectic lately, and I'm not sure what to do about it all. "  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:05 pm
"Lynx was the other one of us involved in the Ogre fight. I have a piece, as well as you, Fable, and Heilig... Lynx might have one as well. Not sure though. Also... we found a rather interesting Tome in that place... You might want to look at it." Chaos answered.  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:12 pm
"Yup, as Chaos said, I have a piece of the bracelet. Though I don't know much about it, I understand you know a bit more, yes? And it's alright, Blank. I left too. That woman gave me the willies. Hmm. Mayhaps you could fill me in a bit? And maybe this... Lynx as well, if he's involved in all this?"  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:16 pm
Heading over to the group, Lynx noticed that there was yet another person he wasn't familiar with, this one a female Wavemaster. Deciding to introduce himself, Lynx approached the woman.
"Hello there, Miss. The name's Lynx, self-proclaimed Explorer Extraordinaire of The World. Might I have the pleasure of your name?"
Finishing that last bit with a flourish of sorts and presenting his card, Lynx smiled to himself. The one operating the character is probably a guy, but who says theatrics are never warranted? And who knows, it could actually be a real girl. Lord knows there are few enough of them in The World, as far Lynx knew.

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:41 pm
Fable smiled at Lynx, and curtsied deeply to him, exchanging the card in his hand with one of her own. "Hello. I am Fable Goldentongue, Wavemaster, bard, and gatherer of tales." Her eyes sparkled at him as she grinned at him. "A pleasure, I'm sure. Many of the men here do not give such a greeting to the likes of me, and it brings a pleasant change. So I thank you. And what would the name be of the one who has such delightful manners?"  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:47 pm
((But... But I already said it D:...))
"The name is Lynx, Miss Goldentongue. And I take it by our common associations that you also are in possession of a piece of this mysterious bracelet?"

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:47 pm
Blank nodded to Lynx, his memory coming back to him now. "That fight is... really just a blur for me now... Didn't mean to be rude." He extended a hand to greet Lynx properly. Looking around him, he noticed that, once again, the streets were all but bare, with hardly any of the usual chatting/bartering banter filling the air with a sense of levity and excitement. Instead, a quite tension had fallen over the City of Water, and it made Blank uneasy. He looked at Fable. "Yes, I know... more about the bracelet... We need to arrange a meeting, though... Somewhere outside the... insecurities of The World. Of course, that could be difficult. Users play from all over, so I suppose you all could be half a world away from me." He shuffled his feet back and forth on the cobblestone.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:13 pm
((Oh, I sorry, Erv. D: *huggles* My mistake, I misread. *fails*))

"Yes, I am. Very mysterious indeed..." She turned to Blank Luck and thought. "Well. I live in Portland, Oregon, in the US, in case you didn't know. Where do you live?"  

Kerrigan_dragon

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:19 pm
((S'okay, Kerri. It happens.))
Lynx's smile slipped a smidge when the idea of meeting in person came up. If they met in the real world, he didn't think he could be as talkative as he is now.
"Well, I happen to be locked away on the East coast of the U.S. But, if there is a videophone, we could always conference call it."

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:20 pm
"I live in Portland as well... Fable and I know each other in real life. As well as someone else, but he's not involved in this." Chaos said.

Eric leaned back in his chair. He wondered if he should tell Tristan about this or not...  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:39 pm
Blank stared in disbelief. "Seriously? I live just outside of Portland in Vancouver... What are the chances..?" He scratched the back of his neck nervously, as it usually wasn't accepted to talk about the real world while playing in 'The World'. "Perhaps a conference call," he said, eying Lynx with consideration, "would be the best consideration." Given the circumstances, a real life meeting so soon after acquaintance seemed foolhardy and reckless. Blank figured it'd be easier to arrange a conference call anyway.

"On that note, though... I'm afraid I must be off. I'm sorry to have spent so short a time online. We need to get this all sorted out soon, though... I wonder... would you mind if I held on to your bracelet fragments? I know it sounds... a bit suspicious, but I promise I have the best intentions for them." He held out his hand hopefully.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:46 pm
Lynx thought it over for a moment, then shook his head.
"No, friend, I don't think that's how it's supposed to be. We each received a piece of this bracelet, so perhaps we are to wait until all of us come together before it settles in one place? If I recall, there was that other Wavemaster who also had a piece of the bracelet. Has anyone gotten in touch with him?"  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:02 pm
"Really? I used to live in Vancouver before my house burned down and I moved here! That's so weird... Ahem. Yeah, a conference call. My username for everything besides the World is AngelTrois so.... add me on Mobius, guys?" She smiled at Blank. "Um, well, I dunno, I do trust you, but the bracelet pieces.. I dunno. I get a feeling something bad will happen if all the pieces of the bracelet are put together... and I always trust my gut feeling. So until I know more about it, I don't think that's the best idea..." Fable quickly composed an email with all her contact information; emails, Mobius account name, The World account name (just as a reminder), and cell phone number, and sent it to Blank, Chaos, Lynx, Ra, and Heilig. "There. Now everyone can contact me anytime."

((Footnote: Skype may or may not exist at this time, so I'm just using Mobius as the name for whichever Voice over internet Phone application type thing is popular at the time. :3 That okay with everyone?))  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:11 pm
"That's actually a good idea, Miss Goldentongue. Let me just package my information and I send it to you guys as well."
Suiting action to word, Lynx composed a short list of his contacts. Admittedly, it was only his e-mail and The World account, but he had never needed a cell phone or the like before. Interacting with real people wasn't exactly a strong point for his real personality.
"Okay, here we are. I know it's not much, but those are the two most reliable ways to get in touch with me." Noticing the time, Lynx decided it was time to log out. "Well, I'm afraid I need to be going, as my work is calling. See you all soon, I hope."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Logging out, Alex set aside his headset. Meeting real people always bothered him,but since they would be talking over a videophone, it wouldn't be as bad as if they were in his apartment.
Sighing, Alex decided to look over his new work that came in. It looked like it was going to take a little while...

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:16 pm
"I understand, Lynx, Fable... I apologize for sounding presumptuous... It's just... These things disturb me greatly... I'm sure something very bad will happen either way, but that bracelet has to be the key to stopping it all. It was... last time..." He trailed off. His expression clouded as he was lost in thought, but he shook it away. Smiling back at Fable he said with finality, "But it's a discussion for another time." He nodded to the group and said a brief goodbye. Then he composed a message with his own contact information, including his Mobius address, and logged off for the evening.

David removed the visor and set it carefully on the desk to recharge. Then he stepped over to his bed and lay down, staring up at the ceiling in thought as he drifted slowly off into a deep, dreamless slumber.

RP/Game

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games