Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Wool's Orphanage Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:40 am
User ImageUser Image

xx➺ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Wool's Orphanage
xxx➺ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Blocks
xxxx➺ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Tower Building
xxxxx➺ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? It fell over

Hariette was trying to put the blue block at the very top, but unfortunately she couldn't reach it while also holding onto the red block that was about to fall over. She looked over in time to see a tall guy walk over, then sit beside her. Another guy walked over, but his hair was super colorful. That was really neat! He sat down too, and the blonde held out the blue block she'd been trying to place up top. "Ég kemst ekki!" She pointed up to the top, then waved her arms a bit. As she waited for them to (hopefully) understand her, the girl heard a loud clattering noise behind her. Oh no.... she let go of the red block! She looked back at the now pile of blocks and hung her head sadly. "Ég braut blokkirnar..."

Remi watched Hikaru sit beside the child, so he did the same, though he sat cosied up close to his husband. Hikaru asked her a question, but when she replied, it most certainly wasn't English. Remi glanced over at Hika, wondering what the next step was. It wasn't either of the two languages he knew, and it sure didn't seem like it was Japanese. "I... don't know what she said. Something about her blocks.... probably?" He set a hand gently on top of Hikaru's, his hair turning a soft mint green. Were they making a huge mistake? How easy was it to teach a little kid English? "Do you know anything about her? Like her name?" After he said that, he noticed the girl seemed to catch on. "Nam! Har'ette!" The girl bounced a bit, pressing a hand to her chest, then grinning brightly. Alright, so perhaps she knew more than he thought. Maybe they'd be okay after all.

{{To Translate: "I can't reach!" ... "I broke the blocks..."}}
          Kungfudemoness

Wʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏʟᴅ ᴡɪɴᴅ ɪs ᴀ'ᴄᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sᴋʏ ɪs ᴄʟᴇᴀʀ ᴀɴᴅ ʙʀɪɢʜᴛ
          Mɪsᴛʏ ᴍᴏᴜɴᴛᴀɪɴs sɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴇᴄᴋᴏɴ, ʟᴇᴀᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛ
          Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ʀᴏᴏᴛs ʜɪᴅᴇ sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛs ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴏᴜɴᴛᴀɪɴs ᴀʀᴇ ꜰɪᴇʀᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴏʟᴅ
          Dᴇᴇᴘ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀs ʜᴏʟᴅ ʀᴇꜰʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴs ᴏꜰ ᴛɪᴍᴇs ʟᴏsᴛ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴀɢᴏ
          I ᴡɪʟʟ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ sᴛᴏʀʏ, ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ
          Bᴇ ᴀs sᴛʀᴏɴɢ ᴀs ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀs ᴀʀᴇ sᴛᴏʀᴍʏ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴘʀᴏᴜᴅ ᴀs ᴀɴ ᴇᴀɢʟᴇ's sᴄʀᴇᴀᴍ
          I ᴡɪʟʟ ʀɪᴅᴇ, I ᴡɪʟʟ ꜰʟʏ ᴄʜᴀsᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴏᴜᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ sᴋʏ

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:53 am
User Image

Hikaru could honestly say he had no idea what was said but he could deduce what she needed and had reached for the block. Unfortunately the tower failed and crashed down. Poor girl seemed saddened by the tower falling! When Remi asked if he knew her name she perked up. Perhaps she had a small english vocabulary. Nothing they couldn't teach. He was her age when he learned Japanese so it was certainly possible. "Nice to meet you Harriette. I'm Hikaru" he said gesturing to himself and adding a bit of emphasis on his name so she would know that that word was his name. "and this is Remi" He did the same for Remi's name as he done with his own "Do you want help with your blocks?" Hikaru said gesturing to the pile of blocks that use to be a tower. Perhaps he could employ the tactics he had done when his sister was this small?

Ooc:
                                                          Miss GryffindorK

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:00 am
User ImageUser Image

xx➺ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Wool's Orphanage
xxx➺ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Blocks
xxxx➺ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Tower Building
xxxxx➺ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? It fell over

Hariette did a little tippy-tap dance, watching the grown ups as they looked at each other. After a second, the black-haired one spoke in his nonsense-words, but he said her name, which caused the girl to perk up. He then said "Hikaru", then pointed at himself. Maybe that was his name. Like she was Hari, he must be Hikaru! The other one, Hikaru said was Remi. The girl waved at both of them, then decided to make sure she knew their names. After all, she didn't want to call them the wrong thing all day! "Svo nafnið þitt er 'Eek-roo' og þú ert 'Ree-mee'? Þeir eru nöfn þín?" She pointed at both of them as she tried her best to pronounce their names. Hopefully she got close enough that they figured it out. Hikaru said something, but even though he tried to say the words slow, she didn't quite understand. He gestured to her blocks, so she picked one up and held it out to him. "Blokkir?"

Rémi let Hikaru make the introductions, his hair turning a soft lavender when the blonde tried so hard to say their names. "Cela va être une bataille... He sighed softly, but even still, he felt the same flutters in his heart that he'd felt when he stood at the alter beside the very man beside him now. "I don't know how we're going to pull this off.... but we have to try. We have to. She deserves to be kept with a family be it ours or... well... she needs a family." He sighed softly, but put on a smile so hopefully the girl wouldn't detect his words weren't entirely jovial. It worked, because she happily offered them a block. He reached over and picked up a block and held it out to her, then calmly said "Block." They could teach a language, even if it was one word at a time.

{{To Translate - Hariette: "Your name is Hikaru and you're Remi? Those are your names?" ... "Block?"}}
          {{To Translate - Rémi: "This is going to be a battle..."}}
          Kungfudemoness

Wʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏʟᴅ ᴡɪɴᴅ ɪs ᴀ'ᴄᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sᴋʏ ɪs ᴄʟᴇᴀʀ ᴀɴᴅ ʙʀɪɢʜᴛ
          Mɪsᴛʏ ᴍᴏᴜɴᴛᴀɪɴs sɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴇᴄᴋᴏɴ, ʟᴇᴀᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛ
          Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ʀᴏᴏᴛs ʜɪᴅᴇ sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛs ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴏᴜɴᴛᴀɪɴs ᴀʀᴇ ꜰɪᴇʀᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴏʟᴅ
          Dᴇᴇᴘ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀs ʜᴏʟᴅ ʀᴇꜰʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴs ᴏꜰ ᴛɪᴍᴇs ʟᴏsᴛ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴀɢᴏ
          I ᴡɪʟʟ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ sᴛᴏʀʏ, ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ
          Bᴇ ᴀs sᴛʀᴏɴɢ ᴀs ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀs ᴀʀᴇ sᴛᴏʀᴍʏ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴘʀᴏᴜᴅ ᴀs ᴀɴ ᴇᴀɢʟᴇ's sᴄʀᴇᴀᴍ
          I ᴡɪʟʟ ʀɪᴅᴇ, I ᴡɪʟʟ ꜰʟʏ ᴄʜᴀsᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴏᴜᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ sᴋʏ

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:24 am
User Image

Hikaru smirked when she tried at their names. She was young and english was new so honestly she had done well. Well to be fair he had a Japanese name and Remi's was French. He smiled to make sure she knew she was correct. Remi expressed his desire for them to choose this kid dispite the uphill battle of teaching her english and them learning her."I agree I think it be worth teaching her. Might learn her language in the process." Hikaru replied. They could employ visual and body language communication for now. Today they could play, a universal language. Looking to Hari he told her watch this while pointing to his eyes then at the block pile he made a smaller tower with a wider base. Perhaps the can make her tower work.

Ooc:
                                                          Miss GryffindorK

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:44 am
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Wool's Living Room
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? A Few Little Kids
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? People-Watching
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? It's all so unfair

Finley had opted to sit in the windowsill of the living room. It had the best view of all the people wandering the street. He'd been trapped within the confines of Wool's for the last seven years of his young life, and he dreaded every day of it. The only solace he had was his trumpet, which, despite being a little rusty, played really well. Glancing out the window at all the little back to school shoppers, he played a sad, somber tune. He was halfway through when one of the little kids whined and told him to stop because the sound hurt their ears.

Finley looked over at the kids for a second, then set his trumpet down. He ran a hand through his long, messy hair, sighing. He was about to have to go back to the stuffy school he attended each year, getting teased for being one of the orphanage kids. He didn't want to be! As a kid he'd been too wild and nutty for any of the parents to really take interest, and now... well, now he was too old. No one wanted a ten-year-old when there were chubby little toddlers running around. Heck, he wouldn't even adopt himself, given the choice. He looked over at one of the newer kids, the little girl who only barely knew english. She had two different families interested in her, while the one person that'd inquired about him had cringed when told his age and emotional state. Maybe he was destined to stay here until he hit eighteen and could qualify himself as an adult. It was only eight more years....

kungfudemoness

Mᴀʏʙᴇ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs sᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴘᴏᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ
Bᴜᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴜɴʟᴏᴄᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴛᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴋᴇᴇᴘs ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ sᴏᴜʟ, ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴅʀᴏᴡɴ?
Iꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜰɪsᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ʀᴀᴡ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴇᴅ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ʙᴇᴀᴛɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟꜰ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴇɢs ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɢɪᴠᴇɴ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴇɪɢʜᴛ
Iꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ sᴇᴛᴛʟɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴏꜰ ɢʀᴀʏ sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ꜰᴀᴄᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ʜᴀᴛᴇ
Iꜰ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ, ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴇᴄɪᴅᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴘᴇᴀᴋ, Iꜰ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ɪs ʟᴇꜰᴛ sᴛᴀɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴍʙs ᴇxᴘʟᴏᴅᴇ, ɪꜰ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴀɴᴛs ᴛᴏ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ
Fᴏʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ᴀʀᴇ, I ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:19 am
Miss GryffindorK

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
░▒▓█►─═ Chadwick Archer ═─◄█▓▒░
Owner of Magic Clips Hair Salon

Chad arrived with two missions in mind. He was here to get the kid’s hair tamed and to take a certain one home. He opted to get the young blonde girl, whose engilsh was picking up well, taken care of first. She disliked her hair cut so he stealthily trimmed the few split ends when giving her a french braid. Several hyper kids later it was Finley’s turn. The kid had quite the mane of hair but Chad didn’t mind. If finley wanted he could pull off plenty of styles for the boy. He hoped the kid liked him enough to want him as a dad. Finley had his usual preference of anything not too short. He knew which one he had done before gotten a smirk from the melancholy boy. That would be a good one to go before dropping a big question on the boy. As he worked he wanted to get the boy to open up. "How's the trumpet playing going. Been able to try that music I bought last time?" Chad asked as he was brushing and clipping. He had come across a book of jazz sheet music he had bought last trim for the boy. Hopefully this went well.

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:45 am
User ImageUser Image
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Chad
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? People-Watching and Haircut
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I just want to take a nap

Finley looked up from his window-watching when he heard someone that sounded adult enter the room. It was likely just Luke, or perhaps one of the volunteers that showed up just to make themselves feel good for their half-hour of charity work or whatever... Sure enough, it was Chad the haircut guy. Finley tugged at his messy hair, frowning over at the man for a minute. The first person he grabbed to work with was the little blonde girl, who happily shrieked in whatever weird language she spoke in. After her went a few other young kids, before finally he was called over.

With a sigh, Finley abandoned his windowsill and walked over, plopping in the chair they used for haircuts. He huffed and ran his hand through his thoroughly tangled locks, then brought his knees up, setting his sock-clad heels on the edge of the chair. While Chad was working, Finley zoned out a bit. His focus was only brought back when the man asked about his trumpet and the music he'd brought last time he came. "I play every day. Nothing else to do." His voice was quiet, dark eyes staring off into the distance. "I did try a couple songs. Got one memorized..." He let his words fade, the boy not accustomed to talking more than a little bit at a time. No one really cared about his words anyway, so why waste them?

kungfudemoness

Mᴀʏʙᴇ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs sᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴘᴏᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ
Bᴜᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴜɴʟᴏᴄᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴛᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴋᴇᴇᴘs ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ sᴏᴜʟ, ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴅʀᴏᴡɴ?
Iꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜰɪsᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ʀᴀᴡ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴇᴅ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ʙᴇᴀᴛɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟꜰ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴇɢs ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɢɪᴠᴇɴ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴇɪɢʜᴛ
Iꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ sᴇᴛᴛʟɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴏꜰ ɢʀᴀʏ sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ꜰᴀᴄᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ʜᴀᴛᴇ
Iꜰ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ, ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴇᴄɪᴅᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴘᴇᴀᴋ, Iꜰ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ɪs ʟᴇꜰᴛ sᴛᴀɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴍʙs ᴇxᴘʟᴏᴅᴇ, ɪꜰ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴀɴᴛs ᴛᴏ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:48 pm
Miss GryffindorK

Finley couldn’t see Chad’s sympathetic look when he heard that the boy was bored all the time. It seemed the music was being used though. "Well I’ll need to hear it some time then huh? Which one do you have memorised?” Chad said getting closer to the end. He had come around to get the bangs out of the boys eyes. He trim them up a bit so it last him longer between haircuts but still let him play around with them if he wanted. Hopefully if Finley wanted to be adopted he could let the boy express himself more with hairstyles. Perhaps the prospect of having a dad could lift the boy’s spirits? Poor boy had been passed over so many times he couldn’t blame the kid for feeling unadoptable. He had thought the boy would be scooped up by a family already but it seems no one but Chad wanted him.

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:52 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Haircut and Future Dreaming

Finley grinned a bit when Chad said he'd want to hear the song. The boy nodded once, before freezing, remembering the man had scissors to his head. "It's Miles Davis' Bye Bye Blackbird. It's a good song." When the man circled on him to trim his bangs, Finley squeezed his eyes closed and tensed up. When the snipping in front of his eyes had finished, he tentatively peeked up, looking at the man. Chad had always been nice, but Finley still wasn't confident enough to open up to the man. Right now, all he wanted was a nice place, away from people, to play his trumpet. Maybe someday...

kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:50 pm
Miss GryffindorK

Chad internally sighed. Well now or never, well never was not wholly correct. It not like he couldn't come in any old day. Today seemed the best schedule and distance wise. "Well I agree, it one of my favorites from that book. I take you don't get to play as much here with all the small kids?" He asked semi rhetorically. Hopefully he could lead in well enough with the important question. "I have quite the important question for you Finley. See I've done all the paperwork and really just need your ok for it, but would you like to come home with me? Perhaps let me have the honor of being your dad?" Hopefully they boy hadn't lost all hope of a family to where he would get a no. He quite liked the boy. Sure there were tiny tots around but he was unsure how well he could handle a toddler on his own. And he wasn't going to have any of his own normally. He could provide the love and livelihood a older child needed.

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:23 pm
User ImageUser Image

Finley was really happy Chad agreed on which song was clearly the best. After all, the boy had devoted quite a chunk of his time to learning the song. When asked if he had much time to play, Finley snorted angrily. He hated how little time he had to play already, and with school about to resume, his time would be virtually nonexistent! He huffed quietly, then looked over at Chad when he mentioned a question. That confused Finley, who figured the only important question was The One that all the other kids got asked.... but there was no way this guy was about to ask that. No one wanted Finley, it was..... understood. At this point, he was pretty sure it must've been something all the adults had mutually agreed upon. 'Oh no, not that one, he's doomed...'

Unfortunately, the thoughts were sharply turned away. He... Chad just asked The question. Finley's eyes went wide, his mouth slightly agape as he tried to figure out if the man was genuine or not. When the man said he wanted to be Finley's dad, the boy felt his dark eyes well with tears. Not even his real dad wanted to be his dad. Finley pushed himself to his feet, socks sliding a bit on the hardwood floor in his hurry. "You.... you can't be.... There's no way you mean me." He wiped his eyes on his jumper sleeve, sniffling his nose as he eyed the man warily. "No one ever means me. If...." Suddenly, a bubble of rage burst within him, the boy scowling. "If you're lying.... If this is some cruel prank... I'll never forgive you." He stared at the taller man, gaze never wavering despite his lower lip trembling. He'd never prepared for someone to actually want him, so the thought that someone might.... simply overwhelmed the child.

kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:43 pm
Miss GryffindorK

There was definitely no hiding the pained sympathy for the boy who very clearly wanted to have a family but still felt unworthy. If anything Chad had only delayed hoping a fuller more worth family family would scoop him up. "Oh hun, of course i mean you. Besides I can't prank to save my life and it be the cruelest of pranks." Chad said only half prepared for the big response he got. "I saved your cut for last so if you wanted we could go home right away, I got a bedroom looking for jazz music. If you don't mind living over a hair salon that is." He said hoping he seemed as genuine as he was.

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:55 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I finally get a family

Finley studied Chad through narrowed, teary eyes. When the man softened, then assured Finley that he did indeed want him, the boy felt a wave of relief rush through him. Someone did want him, finally. He was going to get a real house and no more teasing and no little kids whining about his music... He looked up at the man, tears now running freely down his cheeks. He said he was ready to go home right away, and the boy nodded. He never thought this day would come, so he never prepared for leaving. Maybe long ago when he was a little kid.... but not recently. With no warning, Finley pushed himself forward, pressing his top into Chad's chest. Shaky arms wrapped around the man, dark eyes closing as he curled his fingers against the man's strong back. Sobs now joined the steady stream of tears, but a minuscule smile began to form.

"Th-thank you...."

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:10 pm
User Image
                                                  I was broken from a young age
                                                  Taking my sulking to the masses
                                                  Writing my poems for the few
                                                  That look at me, took to me, shook to me, feeling me
                                                  Singing from heartache from the pain
                                                  Taking my message from the veins
                                                  Speaking my lesson from the brain
                                                  Seeing the beauty through the... Pain!

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

hคlf-ງ໐๖liຖ || Şlฯthēriຖ คlน๓ຖi || ค๓๖iti໐นŞ tērr໐r

════════════════════════

Byuch looked around the rooms he was being shown around by a... Well, the guy's accent was horrible, but he seemed okay? Maybe? In any case, some blond wizard with a fedora was showing him around, all the while giving him distrusting looks. Byuch just rolled his eyes every time because seriously? With how much metal was in the guy's face, he was shocked that the guy hadn't been attacked by magnets or something. Whatever. Byuch just refrained from rolling his eyes at the wizard's back and instead paid more attention to what he was being shown.

The place was okay, with a mural painted on the wall, and there seemed to be no end of kids running around. Most of them were definitely of the younger variety, as the rest were probably in school. Even so, a couple did come over and ask if he was living there too. He quickly got tired of telling them that he was actually an adult, but eventually they got the hint. Eventually. Huffing, he crossed his arms, listening as the wizard warned him that if he caused any problems, he'd be shown out quickly. Eventually he was left alone, more or less, because the owner and her husband were gathering the youngest of the kids up for nap time or something. Which fine, that was fine by Byuch. He figured out how to deal with Stevie as a baby, but his memories of Detch's toddlerhood were faint at best. He'd much rather deal with the toddlers in that case.

Besides, it wasn't like he was horrible with kids. They were kids, and didn't know any better. It was the arsehole adults and teens he couldn't stand, especially with cracks about his height, his ears, practically everything about him. He'd had to refrain from hexing quite a few of them considering that some of those were muggles, and well, he'd rather not be arrested for performing magic on a muggle. Wizards, on the other hand, if he hexed them, well, that was their own fault. The goblinds weren't much better considering they tended to point out his use of a wand and his more human-like features and sneer at times. Ugh, he wished he could find a happy medium there, but well, it was his life. Not much he could do there.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Okay, so little kids. This can't be too hard, right?
                                                  OOC:

- ☣ -

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I was choking in the crowd
                                                  Building my rain up in the cloud
                                                  Falling like ashes to the ground
                                                  Hoping my feelings, they would drown
                                                  But they never did, ever lived, ebbing and flowing
                                                  Inhibited, limited
                                                  Till it broke open and rained down
                                                  And rained down, like... Pain!

Kungfudemoness

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:21 pm
Diamond Wales

User Image

Cₗₒₛₑ yₒᵤᵣ ₑyₑₛ ₐₙd ₜᵣᵤₛₜ ᵢₜ, ⱼᵤₛₜ ₜᵣᵤₛₜ ᵢₜ
                                          ₕₐᵥₑ yₒᵤ ₑᵥₑᵣ ₜₕᵣₒwₙ ₐ fᵢₛₜ fᵤₗₗ ₒf gₗᵢₜₜₑᵣ ᵢₙ ₜₕₑ ₐᵢᵣ?
                                          ₕₐᵥₑ yₒᵤ ₑᵥₑᵣ ₗₒₒₖₑd fₑₐᵣ ᵢₙ ₜₕₑ fₐcₑ
                                          ₐₙd ₛₐᵢd ᵢ ⱼᵤₛₜ dₒₙ'ₜ cₐᵣₑ?

Dwyn had a truck that was one of his favorites. It was one he was small enough to sit in and had the word TONKA on it. Currently, though it was holding toy figures, it held all of the t rex’s victims. “Rawr!” He said voicing the T-rex as it bit at a firefighter. The firefighter could run, but not for long! Chomp! Oh no! The T-rex had him! The T-rex deposited the firefighter in the truck next to the barbarian with an axe. Dwyn proceeded to dig in the toy bucket for more t-rex victims. Oh? No more figures in this one just animals. T-rex liked people, not animals. Putting the bucket away and setting the dino in the truck, he proceeded to push the truck to the other side of the room where there were different buckets. ”Vrooooooom!” Oh-!” he said before tripping a bit on the carpet. He bonked the truck hard enough for the dino and half it’s dinner to fall out. Right near someone too!

ₐₙd ᵢₜ'ₛ ₒₙₗy ₕₐₗf ₚₐₛₜ ₜₕₑ ₚₒᵢₙₜ ₒf ₙₒ ᵣₑₜᵤᵣₙ
                                                              ₜₕₑ ₜᵢₚ ₒf ₜₕₑ ᵢcₑbₑᵣg
                                                              ₜₕₑ ₛᵤₙ bₑfₒᵣₑ ₜₕₑ bᵤᵣₙ
                                                              ₜₕₑ ₜₕᵤₙdₑᵣ bₑfₒᵣₑ ₜₕₑ ₗᵢgₕₜₙᵢₙg

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff