Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
A Divine Morning: The Tarot Clutch Hatching is Open! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:18 pm
NovaCracker
Sorry for the wiat; I'm at work today so I can't even keep up properly. XD

"Lots of bodies and activity." She chuckled, shrugging and pulling her Quikal back to down the rest of it and give the mug back to the medics. She tilted her head at the other girl and nodded towards the group. "You feel up to rejoining the masses? You'll have a better view in with the group, I think." She glanced at the medic, over her good shoulder, a pretty strong idea she wasn't going far without at least one healthy pair of eyes on her.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:20 pm
Revel1984

Masterharper

Without thinking about it, Cami found herself smiling naturally back at her friends. Friends.. Curious. The word came to her spontaneously. Did she have friends now..?

Like Chayrel, she was distracted from that line of thought by the green hatchling that seemed so distressed, and she bit her lip worriedly. "I hope that one's alright." she said. But she turned again to give an appreciative qurik of the move towards the young cook. Mallan's confidence in her was sweet, though she lifted her shoulders simply in reply. She couldn't deny wishing that she impressed. Mostly because she felt so restless these days, it was driving her half mad. She felt as though she was malingering in this candidacy. Able bodied, yet unable to do any good for the Weyr. But at least she had friends now, it seemed.

"Me too." she said to Chayrel, to both of them, in fact. "Most of my guesses have been wrong already." she admitted. This clutch had been surprising indeed.

Speaking of surprises... She hadn't even known two dragons in one egg was possible, much less two different colors. And one of them, the green, stalked right over to them. Cami naturally stood up a little straight, not realizing that she was holding her breath until it became apparent that the green was for Mallan and she let it out at once. She stepped back a little to give the new pair some space, though she smiled -geniunely- for her friend. "That's great, Mallan!" she breathed, though she doubted he heard her. She hadn't seen an impression so close before, and was fairly awed by it. She turned to Chayrel, brows raised, wondering if he felt the same. Wow!

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:27 pm
Ruhane Chiisai
It's fine. c: Work is important! Also... Candidate buddies?

"..Only if we go together?" Amila asked hopefully. She didn't fancy rejoining the group alone, and the healers seemed satisfied she had rested and mended. She wasn't easy to make rest anyhow.

"Then we can, if, uhm, you want, we could help one another avoid getting hurt worse?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:46 pm
NovaCracker
Which of your shoulders got got, btw? Also, Candidate buddies. ^-^

Faren chuckled, looking back at the medics for an answer. She got a stern look, but apparently Amila was trustworthy enough to let it slide. "You even start to do something stupid and we're sending you off for sleepwort." Idle threats.

... Faren hoped that was an idle threat, but it was really hard to read medics' faces.

"Yeah, I'm cool with going together. Probably better for both of us, anyways."  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:53 pm
Ruhane Chiisai
Amila's left. She's happy to have a friend ;u;

"Yes'mYes'm." Amila acquiesced, but gently led Faren forward to the other girls. There was no hiding now, but if they were careful, they'd Stand. It was a strong comfort as Amila smiled at the unimpressed hatchlings and hatching or unmatched eggs.

"And hello, little ones! Yes yes, hello ! Weren't you told it was lovely here?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:06 pm
NovaCracker
Faren's right. THey can stand injured shoulders together for added defense. XD

Faren wobbled and giggled a little when she first stood up, but the blood flow was good, and after she'd steadied some, she moved forward with Amila. She let the more present-of-mind girl pick their standing spot and kept just close enough not to nudge their shoulders together. Oh, numbweed would help nothing if they moved their wounds. Although, the light buzz churning in Faren's brain was probably doing wonders to help ignore it.

Faren looked out over the- they were eggs again, not just blotches- and smiled. Their numbers were dwindling, and there was another 'fool' out on the field. She glanced at Amila and nodded towards the Magician. "Which one is that? Do you know?" The fornlornest green had disappeared, and the great golden figure of Uridith was pulling her head out of the entry arch to the feeding tables. Mommy wanted a snack too-Oh, nope... The little green Star was in there, now. So, just giving a nuzzle to her little one, she guessed. Faren decided she'd missed a lot while she'd been blurred, and was glad to have some detail back.  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:14 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

"I think," Amila noted, keeping her wounded shoulder close, "I may. They all look different hatches though." But oh, to see the Magician at play. Amila shifted a bit to guard them both, watching with a faint smile.

"I do hope the little one is careful."

Oh, to see them all. With the egg and dragonets count swindling, she felt more a spectator than ever, and she soon watched the baby GOLD fumble about tending her siblings.

Maybe the baby would Impress Faren? Faren had Stood before-- Ama hoped Faren Impressed well!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:17 pm
Nilah44
Quote:

Reenav sidled over to a girl to start discussion with other candidates while a few blues roved the sands, he did have trouble peeling his eyes off them to talk but well, two dragons from one egg deserved discussion now.

"Can you believe that there were two from one egg? I don't believe we have met my name is Reenav, its a pleasure to meet you. What an exciting hatching this has been! Plus a hidden egg to boot, who would have thought!"

He giggled at the two blues, one of which had finally pried his brother out of his egg. So sweet and so gentle..and then there was the little drama green, how long had she been plotting her entrance? He rubbed at a small scratch he had gotten when she had bowled into him, trying to get at her brother most like, it wasn't bad at all, a good souvenir he thought. But rash dragon was rash.

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:13 pm
NovaCracker
Out of curiousity, Amila's profile doesn't say how long ago she was searched. Can I ask? Faren's been hanging around uselessly for 2 years doing other people's chores and getting chased out of kitchens

Faren nodded, humming. "He seems graceful enough. Shouldn't be too bad, as long as we don't end up with anymore fights." She had seen one of them barrel through a train of the others, but it didn't seem like anyone got hurt from it, and she had no idea which egg had housed the little hatchling. "So... Twins? I thought two eggs had just hatched at the same time or something. Neat." She'd overheard one of the other conversations, and leaned back a bit to see a boy approaching the friend she'd made earlier. She raised her good hand and waved at Rennati and her own new conversationalist. She didn't recognize the boy, though she wondered vaguely if she'd done some of his chores at some point, before returning her eyes to the field.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:24 pm
Ruhane Chiisai
Not long, this is Amila's first hatching. Normally she's doing chores and trying not to cause trouble. Maybe she and Faren passed one another while doing chores XD Amila probably picks up chores too!

"Mmmm, twins. I know those are rare in Runnerbeasts but didn't think dragons had them." Amila noted. She watched the dragonets at play, before looking in the direction of the stands, then the eggs again.

"Good sharding gracious, I hope nobody fights again. That was horrible."  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:27 pm

Well, Death was certainly enjoying this great time! Everyone seemed distracted away from her, which was just fine. But she wasn't finished investigating the Candidates on the sand. Sniffing and snuffling at their robes, their hands, and their sandals, she tried to decide if any of them were for her. Well, maybe! But for the moment she was one happy camper, just lurking about, sliding past this group and that. As some of the eggs hatched and Impressed, Death just kept investigating. Had anyone guessed the punchline to her joke?

The dragonet that had hatched from the black egg searched for his bondmate with a seriousness that seemed particularly intense for his age. Yet this was the most important thing that he would do in his life, surely, and he needed to be certain. How could he know if he didn't check every Candidate to see if they were the one he was looking for? The little Brown gave a warble, peering up into each face, one after the other.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:32 pm
Ellain had watched in awe as Uridith had carried one of her little greens away from the hatching sands and deposited her with the dragonhealer. She had heard that non-candidates would impress sometimes, but she didn't believe she'd see such a thing herself! She also didn't think she would impress during her first hatching, either, but now she had dear Varionnith and her life was changed forever.

Not only that, but there had been two eggs hidden in the sands that Ellain had never seen! And one of them produced twins! Was that even possible?

Varionnith, meanwhile, slid back over to Lemath and pushed her over as she was distracted waiting for R'am to feed her. Ellain saw the whole thing out of the corner of her eye, and shook her head.

Varionnith, let your sister eat! She scolded, but the words were tinged with amusement and love.

Peppermint Coffee

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:43 pm
Vitre

Everything that had happened today was amazing to Vitre. A stranger to hatchings he didn't quite grasp how truly unusual it was, twins in one egg. A girl impressing brown. The queen taking a hatchling for a ride and depositing them with a too-old rider off the sands. It was all wonderful and all rated as at best slightly above par for the course. The hum if the crowd was too constant and loud to hear any queries or complaints, and he was too far up to see Lestenna's flabbergasted looks at the assorted antics.

He did lean forward a bit, squinting down at the roving hatchlings. "They sure are taking their time. I guess it is a tricky thing. Like setting a special stone in a ring, or knowing just when your grapes are ripe to pick and mash. Right?" He didn't anticipate any sort of response from the little dragons below, but he waved regardless to them all, as if to say 'yes hello we see you up here!'  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:47 pm
ChaosTheories
Just as meat was about to get thrown into her weighting jaws, her sister shoved her to the side and the meat fell into the sand. Lemath let out a hard squawk and then a snort as she craned her head to look at Varionnith, flaring her wings a bit.

What are you doing? she asked, a little indigent and huffy now.

R'am let out a noise and then reached out to snatch up the meat again, frowning and clicking his tongue. "Hey now, little girl, what are you doing? Yours will feed you.." R'am pushed an arm up to get his sweaty bangs out of his face. It was so hot out here!  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:50 pm
Aukai Oceansoul

As she was approached by a boy, Rennati smiled and shook her head. “I know! What are the odds of two little dragons in one egg! I don't know that I've heard of that before.” She giggled as death ruffled her robes. “Hi Renaav!! I'm Rennati! Our names are kind of similar, can I guess a nickname of yours is Ren?” she asked with a laugh again. She was so glad to see the little star impress even if it wasn't to a Candidate.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff