Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply Threadfall
[IC]Threadfall: High Reaches - OVER! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 136 137 138 139 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Meepfur generated a random number between 1 and 15 ... 6!

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:30 am
Ashlings Wing
Nadry of Brown Menankith
HP: 22
Status Effect: N/A
XP: (+1 base; +5 to distribute)
Target Accuracy: 1
Flame Length: 1
General Stamina: 2
General Agility: 1
Between Accuracy: 1
Pain Resilience: 4
Instinct: 2
Luck: 1

Menankith couldn't help the touch of smugness he felt at the response from Aviroth. It had been frustrating, albeit not unexpected, for Aresoth to be tapped as wingsecond, a feeling he knew Elzebuth would share had he been flying with them today, so he took what satisfaction he could in being able to demonstrate so handily just how useful he and His were!

It was a streak that would continue when he spotted someone else in trouble, and quickly flashed between to help, flaming away a whole cloud of thread before popping right back into his proper position.

[There is a save here for an Ashling!]

Quote:
XP Tracking:
+1 Instinct
+2 Between Accuracy

Meepfur rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:31 am
((D4 for Menankith above!))  

Meepfur
Crew

Dea and #Teddy# rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:21 am
HURRICANE WING
Ashlyn of Blue Gyafrith
HP: 26 - 5= 21
Status Effect: Fatigue for next 3 turns (XP and status effects negated)
XP: (base= +6 to all stats) (+5 to distribute where I wish)
Target Accuracy: 7
Flame Length: 7
General Stamina: 6
General Agility: 7
Between Accuracy: 7
Pain Resilience: 6
Instinct: 7
Luck: 6

Ashlyn and Gyafrith will be flying first wave

Ashlyn had gone between with the rest of the Weyr, heading to the coordinates they had been given. When they got to the location, Ashlyn could already tell the wind was going to be working against them. However, she waited for A'dras to give the word, before they rose to the high altitude. It didn't take long before their Wingleader had been hit and taken temporarily out of the fight. The pair could only hope that they would return soon, but they would listen to their Wingseconds for the time being. They did all they could, but it seemed they would have a problem before they knew it. The wind got too strong and knocks them out of their formation. And before they can make their way back, Gyafrith's wings straining to keep them up, they heard a shout from a wingmate. Unfortunately, the wind was too much and they Gyafrith didn't care.

Dear heart, are you okay? Should we go back to rest?Ashlyn thought to her beloved blue.

No, I will be fine soon, just..the wind is stronger than I realized,he thought back to his rider. He may have been too tired to care about anything else, but keeping his rider calm was not one of them.

Round 1 (first five rolls)
1) 15. Your dragon is blown completely out of formation, and is too tired to stop it. Fellow wingriders notice, and trumpet warning, but your dragon is just too tired to care. The wind is too much! Moderate Damage -5HP Your dragon also now suffers Fatigue Effect For the next 3 rolled turns your dragon will suffer from Fatigue Effect. Any XP earned during those turns is negated. On the plus side, any negative status effect (i.e. additional Fatigue Effect, Guilt, Bitten Tongue, etc.) is also negated, since your dragon is too tired to care. The only exception is if you get a status that cures Fatigue or your Wingleader/Wingsecond rolls a status cancelling roll.)

Meepfur generated a random number between 1 and 15 ... 5!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:26 am
Ashlings Wing
Nadry of Brown Menankith

So far, so good! With a clear moment, the pair took that little slice of time to breathe and look up, wondering about the welfare of the wings above - were Illa and Fenrith alright?

...of course they were, that was a silly thing to wonder.

Quote:
XP Tracking:
+1 Instinct
+2 Between Accuracy

Meepfur
Crew

Meepfur generated a random number between 1 and 15 ... 1!

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:34 am
Ashlings Wing
Nadry of Brown Menankith

They reined in their drifting thoughts just in time to spot someone else in trouble, and bugled out another warning, hopefully in time to spare them any pain.

[Another Ashlings save here!]

Quote:
XP Tracking:
+1 Instinct
+2 Between Accuracy
+1 Instinct

Meepfur generated a random number between 1 and 15 ... 10!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:38 am
Ashlings Wing
Nadry of Brown Menankith

Another sheet of Thread, there! They hurried between to get to it faster and came out a bit further away than they had intended, but Menankith gave a shot anyway, spewing flame at it...and it reached! Ha! They were really getting the hang of it!

Quote:
XP Tracking:
+1 Instinct
+2 Between Accuracy
+1 Instinct
+1 Flame Length

Meepfur
Crew

Dea and #Teddy# generated a random number between 1 and 15 ... 11!

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:39 am
ASHLINGS WING
Demanthra of Green Monath
HP: 14 -2= 12
Status Effect: N/A for now
XP: (base= +1 to all stats) (+5 to distribute where I wish)
Target Accuracy: 2
General Stamina: 3
General Agility: 2
Between Accuracy: 2
Pain Resilience: 1
Instinct: 1

Demanthra and Monath will be flying first wave

Demanthra was steeling herself, when the call came up and they rose from the ground. They betweened to the coordinates they were given, then followed V'mel as he led them to their position. She could only hope this time they would have better luck. Unfortunately, it was like her thoughts just had to jinx it. She spotted a piece of thread that much have slipped past the higher wings.

I will get it Mine, I won't let it hurt anyone!Monath assured. She flies as fast as she could, unleashing flames to take care of it before it could hurt anyone. Unfortunately, her aim missed and it blew past them. A cry of pain came from Monath as it tangled with her wing. She quickly shot between, not planning on letting it hurt her more than that. Once she was sure it was good and frozen, she flashed back out.

You okay?Demanthra asked in worry.

It hurts, but I won't let it get me down!the green raged in anger in her partner's head. No, not again, she would make the threat pay.

1) 11. Oh crap. Your dragon sees a sliver of Thread and hastily flies to catch it. Unfortunately, their aim is off, and you watch in despair as the silver tangles drifts past, only to tangle with your dragons outstretched wing. Fardles. Minor Damage: - 2 HP

Dea and #Teddy# rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:06 am
BURNING ACES
Ash'il of Bronze Iptoneth
HP: 42
Status Effect: N/A for now
XP: (Base= +6 to all stats) (+5 to distribute where I want)
Target Accuracy: 6
Flame Length: 6
General Stamina: 9
General Agility: 8
Between Accuracy: 6
Instinct: 6

Ash'il had been quiet during all the preparation, just doing his usual check of all his equipment and Iponeth's. He hoped all of his family would be alright, he always worried during thread, though even more since Demanthra had gotten hurt her first time against it. Not only that, but he knew his mother and twin sister started in the high altitude, which made him a little more worried about them. However, they got to where they needed to be, then joined their wing in the low altitude. Alright, they could do this, but then he went to grab some firestone out of his bag, he found a hole.

How did that happen, Mine?Iptoneth asked, they always were prepared, well Ash'il was anyway. His rider thought to him that the wind must have tore open a hole, made sense to him.

I Need Some Firestone!

1) 4. You're low on firestone! If you've already replenished recently (within the last 5 posts) you may choose to skip this roll and just do a general post for no XP. OR you can keep it and blame it on a faulty bag, or some other excuse for being without stone. Call for one of the weyrlings to send you another sack of stone! [Flag down a weyrling! Post this code in your next post and see if a weyrling can get to you!

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Sinders Path rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:51 am
Trespassers Wing
L'rel of Green Devith
HP:26-5=21
XP:
Target Accuracy: 7
Flame Length: 6
General Stamina: 6
General Agility: 8
Between Accuracy: 7
Instinct: 7

Devith was quite lost in her own dire thoughts and fretting so the sudden voice was enough to momentarily jerk her attention towards Nachith.
Oh hush. She chided him playfully. Every green in the wing knows what a flirt you are.
Never the less she preened slightly at the attention. L'rel sighed. At least it had gotten her mind of imagined disaster for few seconds.

But Nachith. I have seen you all fly in drills and I could not hope to be in a finer wing. It is my pride to fly with you all. So follows my sorry at the thought of any injury befalling you She added to let him L'rel patted the green comfortingly at the same time catching the eye of Alythrae. He blinked then let his head drop to nod back shyly. He didn't even think most others on the wing realized he existed, so the small nod was nice.

However any further social interactions were cut short by the call of the weyrleader. As one they rose and as one they vanished between. Following their wings call to the highest tier of fighting wings.
Of course they had been warned again and again about the strength of the wind. That didn't mean they were prepared for it. L'rel let out a sharp cry as Devith instantly lost her hold on her steady flight and was swept back like a dry leaf. Flapping manically the green tried to regain herself but the more she beat her wings in futile attempts the more quickly she tired.

Soon muscles were aching and it defiantly felt to L'rel like the dragon had torn something in her wing muscles.

A fine start these two had made.

Meepfur
Hattaki

1/5: Your dragon is blown completely out of formation, and is too tired to stop it. Fellow wingriders notice, and trumpet warning, but your dragon is just too tired to care. The wind is too much! Moderate Damage -5HP Your dragon also now suffers Fatigue Effect For the next 3 rolled turns your dragon will suffer from Fatigue Effect. Any XP earned during those turns is negated. On the plus side, any negative status effect (i.e. additional Fatigue Effect, Guilt, Bitten Tongue, etc.) is also negated, since your dragon is too tired to care. The only exception is if you get a status that cures Fatigue or your Wingleader/Wingsecond rolls a status cancelling roll.)  
Meepfur rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:52 am
Ashlings Wing
Nadry of Brown Menankith

Someone above was in need of firestone! Menankith trumpeted a response to the need and up they went, and he held position in just the right spot under the bronze long enough for His to toss up the stone with good aim. Perfect! They were good at this, too! Well done, Mine!

Dea and #Teddy#

Quote:
XP Tracking:
+1 Instinct
+2 Between Accuracy
+1 Instinct
+1 Flame Length

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel generated a random number between 1 and 15 ... 1!

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:07 am
ASHLINGS WING
Ichta of Blue Aurinkoth
HP: 16/18
Status Effect: --
XP: (Base Stat - +1 to everything)(+5 to distribute to whatever I want)
Target Accuracy: +1
Flame Length: +3
General Stamina: +1 (+1 to apply at end of game)
General Agility: +2
Between Accuracy: +2
Pain Resilience: +1
Instinct: +1 (+2 to apply at end of game)
Luck: +2

[roll 4/5]

As the two continued to sail in formation, flaming as needed, Aurinkoth suddenly twisted in the air, green eyes tinging momentarily with yellow. Someone needed to move! He could feel!

Watch out! he called out to one of his siblings flying in formation with them. He...was actually fairly good at those kinds of catches, wasn't he?  
demon_pachabel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:12 am
HARBINGERS WING
E'mel of Blue Brieteth
HP: 20/24
XP: (+2 to all base stats) (+5 to distribute as I see fit)
Target Accuracy: +2
Flame Length: +2
General Stamina: +2 (+1 to apply at end of game!)
General Agility: +1 (+3 to apply at end of game!)
Between Accuracy: +3
Pain Resilience: +4
Instinct: +3

[Roll 4/5]

[Mid Altitude]

They had been playing against the wind the entire time they'd been up, and it took all of E'mel's energy to constantly remind his dear Brieteth that it was due to the weather conditions, and not his failure at strength of body, that they were having a hard time.

Thread! the boy warned and Brieteth suddenly twisted in the air as it drew close, allowing it to go past them, before flaming it. E'mel rewarded the blue's good efforts with a surge of affection - though Brieteth was rewarded with those constantly solely for existing.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

demon_pachabel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:15 am
TORNADO WING
G'lin of Green Neiveth
HP: 14/19
XP: (+2 to base) (+5 to distribute as I see fit)
Target Accuracy: +3
General Stamina: +2
General Agility: +3
Between Accuracy: +2
Pain Resilience: +2 (+1 to apply at end of game)
Instinct: +4 (+1 to apply at end of game)
Luck: +3

[Roll 4/5]

[Low Altitude]

Shards!

G'lin clearly had been a bit liberal with his Firestone usage, finding himself without now of all moments. Neiveth thrummed, sending out a small request to those on hand for such help;

Firestone to G'lin and Neiveth, please!

I Need Some Firestone!  
demon_pachabel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:17 am
HURRICANE WING
W'dre of Bronze Dormith
HP:41/46
XP: (+6 to base) (+5 to distribute as I see fit)
Target Accuracy: +6
Flame Length: +6 (+2 to apply at the end of the game)
General Stamina: +9
General Agility: +6
Between Accuracy: +6
Pain Resilience: +7
Instinct: +6
Luck: +7

[Roll 4/5]
[High Altitude]

The large dragon and his rider were allowed a moment of respite in the chaos as chunks of dusted thread fell around them, but none needed their immediate attention.

W'dre took this moment to check on the spot where thread had graced his bonded's back for only a moment. It's still looking OK.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

demon_pachabel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:19 am
TSUNAMI WING
M'nr of Bronze Cordrath
HP: 40/46
XP: (+2 to base) (+5 to distribute as I see fit)
Target Accuracy: +2
General Stamina: +3
General Agility: +2
Between Accuracy: +2 (+1 to add at the end of game)
Pain Resilience: +4
Instinct: +4

[Roll 4/5]
[Mid Altitude]

CORDRATH

A wingmate suddenly came out of left field - or rather, Between, flames flying everywhere. Namely, only the bronze and his rider. As fire hit the man, Cordrath screamed and jumped between.

They would emerge not far away, mostly unharmed, but with irritated skin and burned riding gear for the occasion. Cordrath rumbled with contained fury. Someone needed to be more careful!  
Threadfall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 136 137 138 139 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games