No. But I'll read!
  Absolutly not!
View Results

La La Leprosy

Dangerous Raider

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:43 pm
Sounds like a pretty good suggestion.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:07 pm
Well, I'm not going to be the one to do it if that happens. They can keep useing this one, or make a new one. Whatever they want to do. It's their guild, after all.  

MrJimmy

Pnytenshi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:50 am
Otay... here's another one....

Quote:

"Let's Stay Together" by Al Green

The Napolian sun beat down upon the small café I sat in. Mothers pulled their children along the sidwalk with thier groceries from the local market. The men waved their arms in conversation. Americans would think the men angry; Italians don’t think twice about it. The cathedral bells echoed in the background and a slight breeze ruffled my auburn hair. I growled at the lateness of my companion. But then again, it was another beautiful day…

“Uhhhhhhhh…” stuttered a male voice. “Scuzi? Signora Jessica?”

I smiled at the lame accented attempt at Italian and looked into the American’s hazel eyes as I stood on my feet. “Ah! Daniel!” I put hand out for a handshake which he took as we sat down. “I’m glad that you could make it! It’s been a while…”

“I’m just happy that we could meet up like this! So I heard that you’re in the fashion busi…”

“Yeah!! I design Hermes scarves… And I heard that…”

“I do write. Did you see that last book I wrote? You Cooked in my Kitchen…”

“And Now I’ve Gotten Used to You!" They both said in unison. "I read it! Your storyline is fabulous and you’ve made the character, Terri, so intriguing and likeable…”

“And I’ve seen your latest design in very exclusive stores...” He paused for a moment when the waiter came by and asked for our orders. “I’ll have the house Chianti…”

“Tea please…” and the waiter left with our orders writing it down onto a check and yelling it at the bartender.

“I’m hoping to go just beyond scarves…” I started again flipping my hair off to one side hoping to distract him but he continued to stare off into the distant sea beyond Pompeii. “I wanna design for Giorgio Armani, Prada, Gucci…”

There was silence between us both as I stared off in the same direction he did. The waiter brought the full glass of Chianti, a small pot of hot tea, and a small teacup with a matching plate and a lemon and a spoon. I sighed as I poured my tea and added the lemon. I took a sip. “Let’s get married…”

I coughed and sputtered at Daniel’s crazy question and he sipped his wine as if I had never made a reaction. I turned to the waiter and the bartender who had been listening at the door and then back to Daniel still sipping the wine. “What? Now? I mean…”

“Don’t haveta if you don’t wanna…”

“But I… I just wanna…”

He had just finished his wine and laid down the correct amount of Euros for his wine and stood up. “It’s a ‘no’ then… That’s fine. I understand.”

“I… uhhh….” I stood up making the table shake. “But! I …”

Then I did the unthinkable that made the waiter and the bartender whoop and holler and passerby’s smile, applaud, and even join in with the waiter and the bartender; I kissed him.

please tell me what you think....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:00 pm
Quote:
I held the crumpled piece of paper in my hands and prayed that he had not changed his address in the last three years. My heart pounded in my chest as I rang the doorbell.
“Becca?”
“You look great!” I smiled.
He closed the door behind him as he came out. “What are you doing here?”
“I know you said you’d come get me and all, but see, I got this job, and I thought-“
“That was two years ago.”
“Three.”
He sighed. “You don’t understand, do you?”
“I love you.”
He ran his fingers through his hair. “I’ll ask again, what are you doing here?”
We stared at each other for a long moment. “You promised.”
“I didn’t wanna hurt you. It seemed like the best option at the time.” I could only stand and blink. “We were just kids, and you were so sensitive and all…”
“What are you saying?”
“I guess I hoped you’d forget. Find somebody else.”
I felt the tears filling my eyes and my throat tightened. “But, you said… You promised…” I could barely get the words out without collapsing into a pathetic, blubbering mass.
“Daniel?” There was someone else inside the house. I knew who it was without asking, and I hated her. I hated her for taking Daniel from me. Then I hated Daniel for choosing someone else when he had already sworn himself to me. Lastly I began to hate myself. I was a disgusting, worthless person; trash he had long since discarded but did not have the heart to spell it out for an idiot like me.
“I’m out front,” he called back into the house.
I turned around and pulled my keys out of my pocket. “I wish you well.” It was hollow, and we both knew it, but even then I could not bring myself to say good-bye.
“You too, Becca.”
I drove away and never looked back. I was only a part of his past. It was time to make him part of mine.

Indigo Project

Indigo Project

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:45 am
Ryann aka Indy
I would just like to say that this has not been proof-read. I'm writing during class.

I didn't want to think about what awaited me outside the restroom door. I had not had a moment of piece since leaving my hotel room. Just walking down the street I had been accosted three times by ravenous fangirls and nothing short of a hundred pictures were taken. I did my best to straighten out my long white hair and single black wing in the bathroom mirror. I was overheated, but damn that black leather looked hot.

"Sheena!" I heard my friend Derrek yell into the restroom. "How long do expect me to stand here and hold this thing?"

"Sorry!" I gave myself one last look. Once they saw me it would begin again. Ah well. Such is the life of a cosplayer. I mustered my courage and left the ladies room.

The convention center seemed filled with bright swirling polyester and leather, the with occasional glitter of real metal accessories. I ducked behind Derrek when a pack of 12-year-olds with steel headbands moved past.

"Will you cut that out!"

"I don't wanna get glomped again. These fans are too-"

"Friendly?"

"Yeah." He handed back my impossibly long sword, and it wabbled a little. "I think I made this thing too thin."

"You have to expect that here. This isn't like the con in So Cal."  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:10 pm
I haven't had time to read any and my eyes bother me after reading alot on a screen. Sorry.

But... I have a couple short stories writen and two longer stories in the works. My problem is I have random bits and pieces here and there for both. One has a beguining writen and a vage idea of some stuff that could happen before the end as well as a vage end. The other has a writen start and a planed end floating in my head but the whole middle is non-existent.

Does any one have any ideas on how to finish stories when no inspiration want's to come? I've tried puting them aside and coming back latter and it hasn't worked. (I haven't added anything to the one story in a few years.)

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

nataleanne

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:50 pm
So I found this thread via the sticky. It's pretty err..dead. But I'll post what I want to post here anyway, because I can at least hope for criticism.
And please, if you do manage to read this and give me criticism... be constructive.

Natale Anne

A Cold Romance

Snow fell lazily around us while we walked.
Aimlessly through the streets we wandered.
With nothing to say, and no thoughts to make heard,
we acknowledged each other only with glances.
I wished to speak, and bit my tongue.
My thought did not fade so well though.
Touching your hand, I turned you around to me.
Standing on my toes, I whispered
"I love you," through barely parted lips.
Just as quickly as I touched your hand,
you turned away and kept on walking.
You stopped, and I waited.
In silence, you returned, touched my hand
but only to lead me home.

it's written for those who give their all to a relationship and get nothing back.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:52 pm
My writing, most of the time is a little far-fetched. I think I'm a pretty good writer it's just that I don't think I'll be able to post up any of my stories. They're too long. mrgreen  

Xxlena XDxX

Xxlena XDxX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:53 pm
I 'll probably be able to post it tomorrow. Only some of it though. Maybe just the first chapter.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:55 pm
I'm still writing it, but I wanted somebody else's opinion. That way I'll be able to work on it and get better at writing some more because I like to write alot. smile  

Xxlena XDxX

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:56 pm
Please don't bump; that's what the edit option is for. No need to make new posts if you can just edit your last one.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:21 pm
I've got a whole notebook full of poetry... I'll put it up tomorrow.

biggrin

EDIT: I'll put some of it up tomorrow. Not all of the eighty-seven poems.

Matrias Fierno

Slim95
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:21 pm
Awesome! It's been too long since I've read a lil something you've written, Mat.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:27 pm
Wow, I have a fan.

I might as well put up some of the Facebook stuff right now.

Foolish Hearts and Broken Minds

I sit here and wonder,
What is to become of this?
When everything falls apart so much,
Should I bother building again?

I look at my past and see my mistakes,
Those things I vowed I would never repeat,
I look at the things I just did,
And see a pattern of defeat.

Balance must be achieved,
And for love, there is hatred,
For joy, there is sadness,
For pride, there is jealousy.

They say the worst thing for a poet to do,
Is break the pattern, break the rhyme,
So may it reflect upon utter turmoil,
Within my foolish heart and broken mind.

A Closer Look Into The Mind of a Madman

If only this blatant hypocrisy would cease.
All would be one and one all,
All would be great and free,
All would be a time of celebration.

But alas, it shall never stop,
Because we believe things passed down,
Because we believe in the old and tried,
Because we are pitiless cowards.

When a valiant spirit discovers a new path,
Is it cleared and form into a road of knowledge,
Is it cleared and made into a channel for truth?
No, it is hidden once more and passed by, forgotten.

Natural selection will weed out those who are valiant,
The "wise" will control the world without regard for truth,
The "wise" will make our minds run on one circuit,
The "wise" will kill us all.

Black Despair

A fire can burn, but has to die out.
A river can run if it has way out.
A storm pours down but eventually stops.
And so the human heart beats.

One person may say the heart changes,
But it is always constant in exchanges.
It always longs for what it can't have,
Until it has the perfect match.

Eventually this heart will stop beating,
And out of my mind my soul shall be leaving,
So what I do between now and then...
Will people ever say to tell it again?

If life is so short,
Why are we here?

Are we a mockery,
Or simply not worthy?

Are we souls,
Worth moving on?

Or mere inventions,
Of something too far gone?

A fire can burn and has to die out.
A river will run when it has a way out.
A storm pours down and eventually stops.
And so the human heart beats.

There you go. I don't really have any recent poetry since I haven't written anything this year, so those were from October 07.

Matrias Fierno

Slim95
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:57 pm
Hm, I think Black Despair was my favorite. I liked the repetition of "and so the human heart beats".  
Creative Crossroads

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff