Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply RP/Game
A Falling Out... Roleplay. Now with Sci-Fi overtones! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pie.my.munchies

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:06 pm
When they were outside Dru was overwhelmed by the stench. She tried to stay standing but it was no use, she let out a small gasp before collapsing against Griffin.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:01 pm
Eileen clung to Lee's hug, whispering with her head burrowed in his chest, "Oh, God, thanks Lee. I need to think this through. If we're to figure this out...We..We'll need a clear mind."

Eileen was obviously having a hard time clearing her mind, as anyone could see from the worry in her face and the tears in her eyes.

"Oh, I just pray that Mum and Sis are okay...Anyways, Lee, I, well, don't know what to do. We're lucky though. I was pretty much running away from home, so I have extra clothes, food and water and my saxophone, a notebook a book and a pen and pencil. More, too."

Eileen innerly thanked her almost neurotic organizing skills.  

Bittersweet_3

Trish the Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:28 pm
Mel got up and walked over to see what the deal was. John followed close behind her. She reached out for his hand when she reached the door and just stood with the other onlookers for a moment before turning away from the sight before her back into the blackness of the theatre as if she could pretend there was nothing wrong.

Mel slowly sank into the nearest seat, put her head down between her legs and promptly vomited. Great, now I've completely lost a full meal, I have no idea what the ******** going on, and I'm stuck in a skirt. She then began to sob as she put her hands to her face, the ends of her hair sticky with vomit.

She then wiped her face off with her arm, stood up, and acted completely fine. Mel then began to think of what to do next, although the theatre seemed like a good place to camp out seeing it had mostly survived whatever the hell had happened. She didn't want to go anywhere else for the time being, there was no reason to leave.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:38 pm
Eileen, tears still running down her face, stepped onto a pedestal type area at the front of the theatre, "Everyone!" She yelled out, "I don't know what happened, but I do know that it doesn't seem to be safe out there! Something horrible has happened! I was planning on running away from home, so I packed a multitude of things, and I'm sure we can survive if we use them correctly! Food, water, clothes! Everyone, please, can you gather round? We must figure out how many people are here, and a plan!"  

Bittersweet_3

Paul Kattner

5,200 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:44 pm
"Oh, dear g...," John said, looking around for people... there were none. None living, at least. He sank to his knees.

"M-Mel? Sis! What's going on?," Jeremy called out to his sister, really beginning to freak out, now that everyone else was acting like something was wrong. "This, this is just a joke, right? Just a joke that everyone is in on, and I'm just the brunt of, right?"

His voice went very high, and his eyes began to water, "Right?!"

But for those in the theater, those few kids that had gone to see that new blockbuster hit, there was no sound. Save for the faint distant sound that the mushroom cloud in the distance made.

((And everybody went; UNH! burning_eyes ))  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:45 am
"Jeremy..." Mel choked out. She groped around for a moment before grabbing her younger brother's wrist and pulling him close enough to hug him tightly. "It's gonna be okay. I promise." She wanted to believe that herself, but she didn't think she could after what she'd seen.

((I think we, or at least I, need a bit of a shove out of "What now?" and into something else. Also, I got distracted mid-post so this one's short))  

Trish the Stalker

chobichan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:29 am
As nervous as Fiona was, she tried not to show it. Or at least, she wanted to keep herself from showing it. The problem was she couldn't stop the squirming in her seat as the cold silence swelled her mind into a frenzy of worry that she knew well was unhealthy. That didn't make a difference. The fear stayed the same. Suddenly, the smell flew into her system and she recalled a similar scent from when she was younger. Tears swelled in her eyes, and though it may have been the smell creating irritation, she knew better than to keep that conclusion. As she ran out of the theater and across the street, only one thing stayed in her mind- her parents who were long deceased.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:55 am
((Well, um, since I attempted to organize things, but everyone kinda ignored my last post, so if anyone has the power to, could you erase my last post? T__T))  

Bittersweet_3

Paul Kattner

5,200 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:41 am
((Don't worry, Bittersweet. People might react very differently to a situation like this, so I don't think that everyone ignoring someone who's taking command would be entirely unfeasible. Lemme just DM everything right. wink ))  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:54 am
    Lee watched as Eileen's call to organization went unheeded, and everyone milled out of the doors.

"HEY!" Lee shouted at the top of his lungs, hoping to get everyone's attention.

"Anyone got ANY idea where you lot plan on going? For all you know, outside could be heavily comtaminated. Look at those bodies, They're crispy. You never know, Something could go off again."

Everyone ws silent.

"We NEED to organise ourselves. We have some food and water that we can have for now. When that runs out, or its quiet for a few days, we go looking for others"

Lee looked around, everyone looked scared and worried. Some looked at him as if to ask who appointed him as leader.

"I'm not the best leader. Infact I'd bet i'm probably one of the worst people to lead anyone anywhere, but my point still stands. We need organisation!"

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200

Paul Kattner

5,200 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:09 am

Eileen kept shouting to everyone, "Everyone! Please, listen!" No one did.

John stood to wobbly legs, snatched Jeeves' cig and took a drag, then put it out under his heel. Jeeves wasn't very happy about this, but even less happy when John ordered him to go and retrieve the people that had rushed out. John glared until Jeeves did it.

Lee was trying to call people's attention to Eileen as much as she was by now. Anicia as just getting around to seeing something was wrong (she had been determinedly rocking out until Eileen's shouting prompted her to open her eyes). With three people now trying to grab everyone's attention to the front, everyone walked back from the hallway door to the screen's platform.

Melanie held her brother until he stopped crying. The room was silent now, and Jeeves was returning with the others who had left. Dru and Griffin were holding hands tightly, and Jeeves herded them in front on him; and he pulled Fiona by the hand. She had gone outside the room, and even outside of the theater, and was slightly hysterical. With good reason... there was no one alive but those that had been in the room.

Everyone was now gathered in front of Eileen, waiting for what it was she had to say---

((Sorry if I cut anyone short there; but I'm not going to let everyone run around like I did before. I'll try to do as little DMing as possible, and use this to narrate events that would otherwise take many pages. [Not the interesting events, mind you. Them's for playing.] But I'd like everyone to stick tight now, and not run off with their own lines of plot. Just for clarification, since I'm not sure I've stated it clearly enough: Everyone but the kids in that screen-room are dead. There is no one else. Glad that's cleared up. ^_^ Now, back to your regularly schedualed programming.))  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:27 am
Eileen looked slightly relieved and swallowed hard, "I looked outside, guys, and from the scene out of the window, there's no one left but us. I don't know what happened, but I do know that I don't think that anyone's left except for us, in this area anyways. Everyone, salvage your popcorn and drinks and maybe we can get something done."

Taking another shaky breath, she went on, "The cloth from the theatre seats can be ripped off and be used as anything we need. Blankets, clothes, bandages. We can make do with all of this. But first, I say we venture out and see what's left. I mean, they, whoever shot the big boom, probably think that we're all dead. It's up to us to find any other survivors. We can't stay in here; we'd just rot to death."

Considering hard, Eileen fell into a small glaze, trying to think of what to do. Finally, she decided, "I think," She said, deliberating, "That we should split up into a few groups. No use in risking all of us."

By this time, Eileen didn't even know that everyone was actually listening to her, but it sure helped her put things in perspective. She was organized, and calm minded in these types of things. She'd have to put off her sorrow until they were safe. She felt her heart slow down from it's drumroll speed.

Everything was gonna be okay. RIght? Oh, God, she hoped.

((Thanks, Eien. I was a tad frustrated because I wanted to get out of the, OH MY GOD, part. sweatdrop ))  

Bittersweet_3

chobichan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:20 pm
Fiona watched and listened, though she was still in a panic. Without her brother, Fiona felt a pull tugging harder on her than ever before. Water fell more and more as the thought of other people dying came to mind. Her family was enough for her to lose.

"I agree" She stated in a whisper. She gulped and spoke louder. "Enough have been lost already... We took a risk by not thinking something like this could happen- i know i did, anyway. We've all lost people who are important to us. Let us not make ourselves loose more. All of us here deserve to live... let us work together to keep that right there." She gave a faithful nod at Eileen. She knew Eileen was right, and wanted people to look to her example. "listen to her... She is very smart."  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:56 pm
"I still think we should use the theatre as our main place to stay. It survived the blast so I would feel safest staying here. Even if it is dark. Unless we find a bomb shelter in some paraonoid lunatic's back yard I can't think of anywhere else to stay." Mel was shakey and had the taste of vomit still etched into her mouth but at least she seemed to be thinking rationally.

"Does anyone know where the nearest supermarket and convenience stores are? Canned food should be alright. No one touch meat or milk or fruit and vegetables. Twinkies should be good too, theoretically." She chuckled a bit but didn't think anyone else found the humour in what she had just said.

"Water's probably no good, even bottled water. Canned drinks might be okay but I'm not sure. Those canned energy drinks are probably the safest bet."

Mel mentally went over what she'd just said making sure it sounded alright, giving people the wrong advice for food could have deadly consequences. They really just needed to raid the paranoid lunatic's bomb shelter, that was the only truly safe thing.

Looking across in the dim light at all the children younger than her she wished to God her maternal instincts would kick in. Instead she stood feeling useless gazing at frightened kids whom she could do nothing about without still feeling entirely awkward.

((Sorry Bittersweet, I didn't quite catch that when I first read it. Heh heh. Thanks for trying to get past the "ZOMG WHAT NOW?" part.))  

Trish the Stalker

chobichan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:12 pm
A small hand flew up. Fiona nodded to Mel. "There was one around 5 minutes from my house... I lived pretty much on the border of the bomb's radius, from what i can guess. I can't be sure, but the tiny store may have survived. I can take a group to go check, perhaps? Would that be smart?" Her small smile that showed her joy from her feeling of worth was hard to ignore. The girl really wanted to help, and it showed in her now calm spirit.  
RP/Game

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff