Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Music Club ~ [[Open 2061-2062]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:02 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxWʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Music Room
xxxWʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Sparrow, other club members
xxxxWʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Opening Music Club
xxxxxWʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I hate seeing her so sad

Finley was glad when Sparrow started keying the notes to the song. At that, Finley played the song, slowing a bit to match her rather mournful tones. Luckily, he thought it sounded beautiful. Sparrow really did have a pretty voice. Maybe he'd have to pester her more frequently for songs... and that meant he'd have to venture outside of jazz more often. He could do that, though, if he had enough time to practice. He didn't ever like playing in front of people (save his dad and Roxie) until he knew a song by heart, which was probably a large reason why he knew so many songs. Once they'd finished the song, Finley moved to stand beside Sparrow. "That was really lovely. I'm glad we did that song. Any other songs you want to do? I can try to improv them if I don't know them." He offered a sad smile, hoping he cheered up his friend, at least a bit.

addaellis

Trying hard to fight these tears. I'm crazy worried
Messing with my head this fear I'm so sorry
You know you gotta get it out I can't take it
That's what being friends about. I want to cry I can't deny
Tonight I wanna up and hide and get inside
It isn't right I gotta live in my life
Gotta turn the world into your dance floor
Push until you can't and then demand more
You and me together, we can make it better

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:57 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"Mattie"Matilda Rose Harper
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx<Gryffindor 2nd Year> <Muggleborn> <Little Sister> <Fighter and Dreamer><Fite Club and Music Club Member><Budding Artist of the Sword><Reserve Beater>
Wearing: A blue and white floral dress with combat boots
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Mattie was about to read Simon's words when Sparrow entered with a lovely tune she hummed. Mattie always admired Sparrow but noticed the subdued mood of her quite quickly. Rumor had it she lost someone close to her but Mattie did not press for details because she felt that was rude. She nodded to the older girl and noticed that she and Finley seemed to be teaming up.

She turned to Simon's notes and quickly wrote out her response not wanting to interrupt the music being performed: Choas is my way to rebel against the box I'm placed in. Prosthetics and bracers sound awesome, he's making people's lives better. That's so cool! Your papa is an example of that. I look forward to hearing your grandmother's musical tastes. We should meet up more than just music club... if you want. I'm in a lot of clubs and activities but I could always find time for a friend. She smiled and handed the notebook to Simon and said with a whisper, "I didn't want to interrupt the others. Let me know whenever is good for you on hanging out." She ended with a wink at Simon, happy to have possibly made a friend. Oh how she hoped Simon would want to spend time with her! Rejection was never fun.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                ₘₐybₑ ᵢ'ₘ ⱼᵤₛₜ ₐ gᵢᵣₗ ₒₙ ₐ ₘᵢₛₛᵢₒₙ
                                                Bᵤₜ ᵢ'ₘ ᵣₑₐdy ₜₒ fₗy

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Freedom? Freedom is quite a big thing to ask for, dear
                                                I find you have to learn to grasp it yourself
                                                Rarely is it simply given
                                                Perhaps you'll find your own way in

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: adda quoted for nod acknowledgement}
                                                Cinnabun Gryffie

addaellis

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:55 am
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Music Room
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Mattie, Finley, Sparrow
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Music Club
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? This is nice
xxxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ᴍʏ Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ Mᴏᴏᴅ? Creative

Simon looked up when someone else joined, but she went to talk to Finley. While they discussed a song and began to play (it was really pretty), Mattie took a moment to write out a reply. Smart idea, he didn't want to interrupt the older kids. He read over her words, then wrote his own. "I prefer things neat and scheduled, but I suppose that makes me less prepared for life. It is really cool that dad makes things to help people. He does really good work. As for meeting outside of music club, I'd really like that. I'd really like to have a new friend. Plus I can show you some basic signing, if you want. We can meet at lunch tomorrow, maybe? Or some other day. Or after classes, even." He handed over the page, offering a smile. Mattie seemed really nice, and it was always good to have friends, especially ones who were good in chaotic situations.

mc2

I'ʟʟ ᴅɪssᴏʟᴠᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴀɪɴ ᴘᴏᴜʀs ɪɴ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ,
          I ᴡɪʟʟ sᴄʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏᴡʟɪɴɢ ᴡɪɴᴅ, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ɪᴛ's ᴀ ʙɪᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴅ ʀᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ.
          Dɪᴢᴢʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛᴜʀɴᴇᴅ ᴀ sᴛᴀʀ ʟɪʟʏ ᴘɪɴᴋ, ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴜɴɢ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ʟɪᴅs ᴛᴏᴏ ꜰʟᴜsʜᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙʟɪɴᴋ,
          Bᴜᴛ ɪᴄʏ ʙʟᴜᴇ ꜰʀᴏᴢᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀɪʀʏᴛᴀʟᴇ ᴄᴏʟᴅ, ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ I ᴛʀᴇᴀsᴜʀᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sᴘᴀʀᴋʟᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ sᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏ ʜᴏʟᴅ.
          Bᴜᴛ ɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ ʟᴜʟʟᴀʙɪᴇs, ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅᴀᴍᴘᴇɴ ᴍʏ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴇʏᴇs, ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴏʀɢᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:45 am
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx<Gryffindor 2nd Year> <Muggleborn> <Little Sister> <Fighter and Dreamer><Fite Club and Music Club Member><Budding Artist of the Sword><Reserve Beater>
Wearing: A blue and white floral dress with combat boots

Mattie read Simon's words and smiled as Simon said he would like to meet with her outside of Music Club. She quickly scribbled her response as her heart pounded in her chest in excitement. A friend. A real friend. Not just a casual club friend or a housemate friend. The idea was thrilling and she so desperately did not want to botch anything. I think it depends on what kind of life you want weather neat and scheduled works or not. I'd be so proud to have a dad that makes things to help people.

She didn't say her added thought of 'Too bad Sir is in the position of teaching people to kill and hurt each other'. Sir and Ma'am were in enough battle zones and said enough that if Ma'am didn't at least Sir did hurt people before in service to their country. Sometimes you had to commit violent acts to protect more people. Not something to pride yourself on having to do, though. War was never honorable and Mattie didn't care what other people might say. She continued her writing.

Tomorrow at lunch sounds great! How about at the Hufflepuff table? That way you feel more comfortable... and we can hear our own thoughts. I'm sure you've seen how loud the Gryffindor table can get. And, it'll be fun to learn signing. She smiled as she passed the note back to Simon. Mattie had never sat at any other table for a whole meal before. She seen older students do so, especially when dating, so she didn't think she'd get in any real trouble for joining the Hufflepuffs to eat lunch with Simon. And learning hand signals could always be useful beyond just having a nice lunch. If anyone asked why Mattie was over with the Puffs she figured she could always lie and say she was looking for her brother to tell him a message from their parents.

ₘₐybₑ ᵢ'ₘ ⱼᵤₛₜ ₐ gᵢᵣₗ ₒₙ ₐ ₘᵢₛₛᵢₒₙ
                                                Bᵤₜ ᵢ'ₘ ᵣₑₐdy ₜₒ fₗy

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: adda quoted for nod acknowledgement}
                                                Cinnabun Gryffie

addaellis

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:09 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxWʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Music Club
xxxWʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? No one
xxxxWʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Relaying gifts?
xxxxxWʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? This checks out for this year

It was finally time for Music Club to reopen, which was always great for Finley. He tucked his trumpet into its case, glad that he'd finished polishing it in time. It looked good, which was nice. He slipped on his ever untied shoes, then grabbed his case and headed down. Along the way, he ran into Calliope Whitethorne, which was interesting. Callie had previously dated Chadwick, albeit only for a month or two, and she was now dating Eden. It was all very... blonde.

She, however, seemed quite excited, and she was carrying a guitar case, despite him being pretty sure she preferred the keys. "Finley! I have a weird request, and you're the only one I know who can help! You know Mattie Harper? She's friends with Sparrow, bless her, and she plays the guitar?" "I know of her, yes, what's up?" "Well, over the summer a tragedy befell her beloved guitar. So I sent a letter to some family 'cause we've got ties to the music shop and... well... I managed to get her a new guitar. But, thing is, I don't want her to know it's from me, because I don't know if she likes me or not. So... is there any way you can give it to her? And say it's from a friend or something? I don't know how else to get it to her. Maybe by owl, but I dunno, guitars are kinda heavy. Anyway, do you think you can help?"

Finley blinked at Callie, confused by the number of words that flowed from the girl. In their previous interactions, she was either really quiet or said some really weird nonsense. "Of course I can help. Here, hand it to me. If she shows up today, I'll pass it along in club. Otherwise... I'll find a way, don't worry." After a brief word of thanks, Callie flitted off to... wherever she had been. Finley adjusted his stance, then continued the journey. He set the guitar down beside the piano and used a bit of magic to set up the room. He debated figuring out a way to message Mattie directly, but decided against it. He didn't know her well enough to send a random summons to the club, and he didn't want to be assumed to be a creep. Hopefully she showed up since there were a few school-owned guitars to play, otherwise he was going to have to call upon his own connections to get the instrument to her.

mc2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:25 pm
xxxxxxxxx<Gryffindor 3rd Year> <Muggleborn> <Little Sister> <Fighter and Dreamer><Dueling Club, Fite Club, and Music Club Member><Budding Artist of the Sword><Reserve Beater>
Wearing: a plaid dress, black tights, and combat boots

Since the night after the sorting, Mattie had been on a high of energy and a ball of happiness. She had decided that Hogwarts was obviously good for her. What was better was probably escaping Sir and Ma'am. What kind of parents weren't "Dad and Mum" anyways? And it was funny how being in a dorm room full of other thirteen year old girls gave her more privacy than being at home.

In Mattie's free time (like can you believe how much time you waste sleeping!) she even got the necessary black mail on Eden. Technically she found out at the Sorting Feast but technicalities were boring the black mail was the important thing. He and his precious Callie were reunited. How cute. Or gross. The idea of her brother dating which likely included things like kissing was just... best not to think about that. Ew. But good for him to reunite with her because with that black mail, Eden was unlikely to rat her out on her little (big) secret. Mattie was going back to the music club.

Mattie practically danced into the music club, a grin on her face, and a large stack of music that she had been working on since the train to Hogwarts, over three quarters of the music written in the last few days. One of the first in the club, Mattie spotted the older Finley at the piano where a guitar was. Her fingers itched to touch a guitar again. Or a piano. But she really loved guitar. Still holding her music, she approached the piano, "Are you going to play today? My playing is a bit rusty but I have had loads of ideas since I headed to Hogwarts. Any ideas on a good music critic to find? Half of this is probably rubbish," She ended with a grin. Her good mood gave her the gift of gab. Oh well. Chatty could be cute.

𝐼 𝓇𝑒𝓅𝓁𝒶𝓎 𝓂𝓎 𝒻𝑜𝑜𝓉𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓅𝓈 𝑜𝓃 𝑒𝒶𝒸𝒽 𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓅𝓅𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓃𝑒
                                                𝒯𝓇𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝑜 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝐼 𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝓌𝓇𝑜𝓃𝑔

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: Sorry for the slow response sweatdrop }
                                                Cinnabun Gryffie

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:05 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxWʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Music Club
xxxWʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Mattie
xxxxWʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Relaying gifts
xxxxxWʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Hopefully my lie worked...

Finley was just getting his trumpet free from its case when the very person he'd been awaiting practically danced in, holding a stack of papers. Probably sheet music, but he could never be too sure. Mattie asked if he were going to play, to which he placed the mouthpiece on his trumpet, grinning. Apparently her music playing was rusty, but if Callie's story was true... well. He knew why. "I don't know any critics, no, but I'm glad you showed up early. Um, someone dropped this off here and left a note saying it was for you. So. Uh... this is for you, I suppose." Man he was bad at lying. Either way, he handed over the guitar over to the blonde, offering a smile as he did so. At least his lie was reasonable, right? and it protected Callie's anonymity...

Inside the case, tucked beneath the strings, sat a letter, written in a formal hand.

{{OoC: sorry for the edit, I forgot a bit}}
mc2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:24 pm
xxxxxxxxx<Gryffindor 3rd Year> <Muggleborn> <Little Sister> <Fighter and Dreamer><Dueling Club, Fite Club, and Music Club Member><Budding Artist of the Sword><Reserve Beater>
Wearing: a plaid dress, black tights, and combat boots

"Aw too bad," Mattie half sang when Finley said he did not know any critics. Then she realized he was saying more. Focus, Mattie, focus, she lectured herself as well as she could. Her mind was everywhere and nowhere and as much as she was happy to talk to anyone and everyone the logic might be lacking for the past few days. She looked up to Finley and forced herself to listen. Glad she was here early? Why? It wasn't like she and Finley were more than acquaintances and silly things like crushes didn't happen with that big of age gap. Not in school. Oh Merlin, please not things like that actually happening at Hogwarts! Finley wasn't the type and Mattie wasn't the type to attract crushes. Probably because she could literally crush most men and women in a fight.

Wait... something was dropped off for her? She stared at the guitar for a full minute, blue eyes wide in wonder. It was a masterpiece. Everything at least looks wise she'd want from a guitar and more. Tears welled up in her eyes as she tried to think of the suspect. It wasn't Eden. He sucked and he definitely sucked enough at picking out things he couldn't have found such perfection if he was trying to make up this summer to her. Sparrow would have just given it herself. A secret admirer? Hell, she'd snog that person forever for giving her something so beautiful. She wondered if it sounded as beautiful as it looked.

After the minute passed she let out a scream of excitement. "You are telling me this is mine? Really? If this is some joke I will beat you down using at least three different martial arts forms." She set her music on the piano nearby as she took the guitar from him. Grabbing her music, she sat on the floor, and laid a sheet of music in front of her at random. Playing a few lines she paused and began crying again as she cradled the guitar to her chest.

For the first time in days her mind felt at peace. Or it did for thirty seconds before ideas flew in her head. One very practical consideration did not cross Mattie's currently scattered mind: where would she put the guitar on holidays to hide it from her parents?

As she sat the guitar back in the case she noticed the note. Mattie had been in such a rush she had forgotten about anything else! She picked the note up, curious, and looked over the formal (and likely feminine ) handwriting. Right. Find Someone to protect her new gift over holidays. That was a good idea. Now who would splurge the time or money to get her something like this. And, why did the handwriting look so familiar to Mattie? She kept thinking of her brother or maybe she had seen in his room but that handwriting was most definetly not Eden's.

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: updated for the letter}
                                                Cinnabun Gryffie

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:15 pm

User Image
                                              User Image

User Image
                                            • Mona's first week at Hogwarts felt like a dream (mostly). Her housemates were nice, she liked her roommates and the classes were so interesting! The only thing that made the next week better was that clubs were starting and Mona was practically counting down the hours until she could go to the ones she was interested. She already knew that the drama club was going to be fun (and it was Tahani's favourite club so it was to be expected) but the music club was what she'd been excited by the most. Mama and Baba tolerated her singing and grudgingly let her go to singing and choir events, but now they weren't here and she was free to dedicate as much time to singing and music as she wanted!

She once again had to endure several heart attacks because of the demonic staircases but she successfully found the classroom where the club met and there already were some people there chatting. She didn't want to interrupt them so she just waved as she went in and took a seat that was near the front, singing quietly to herself.

• WHEN Fall 2053 tab tab tab WHERE Music club tab tab tab WITH other members

OOC Open for interaction!

username

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:28 am
User ImageUser Image
xxWʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Music Club
xxxWʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Mattie, Firstie
xxxxWʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Relaying gifts
xxxxxWʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? At least it's cool looking

Finley pondered a moment after mentioning his lack of knowing critics, then an idea popped into his head. "Although, while not a critic, I know someone probably willing to review your music? My dad's coworker's dating a musician who's breaking the famous title. Has shows all over, anyway. I can send a letter, if you want? I dunno if he'd do it, but he seems nice, so he might." He offered a shrug, thinking to the only few times he'd actually met Kylian. He seemed down to earth and chill... and also very French, but so was Zoe, so it was a match for them.

After handing over the case, Mattie screamed, which startled the taller teen. After a second, she accused (and threatened) him. Finley held up his hands in a gesture of innocence, his trumpet laced through his fingers on one hand. He wasn't about to toss his beloved trumpet, after all. "Honest. It had your name on it, and I'm not about to take it away. No need to fight. It looks cool, though. Lots of... colors." He vaguely wondered how it would look through his former field of vision, then decided it didn't matter too much. She seemed overjoyed, meaning Callie's gift had been a success. Mattie started reading a note, and briefly Finley wanted to roll his eyes. Hopefully she'd typed it up or something, because her handwriting was probably easy to tell. Everything about Callie was... very unique to her. She was a strange girl, very nice.. but very strange.

At that moment, another student, this one looking like a first year (or at least someone Finley hadn't ever seen before) walked in, looking a bit worried. She offered a wave, so Finley returned the gesture, adding a small, friendly smile. Hopefully it helped ease any worries. She seemed to be a meta, which was super great, since there was another that had been in the club the last couple years. Then again, if rumor served correctly, the first year class brought about three of them. That was a lot of colors. The girl started singing quietly, and it seemed to be in another language, but not one Finley could quite place. He grabbed the silencer from his trumpet case and set that in, not wanting to deafen anyone. The trumpet was certainly one of the louder brass instruments, after all.

mc2

oyehh

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:53 am
User ImageUser Image
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Finley, Mattie, Housemate?
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I'm gonna figure out this beat
xxxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ᴍʏ Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ Mᴏᴏᴅ? Nervous then Focused

Simon hurried to music club, hoping not to be late. Admittedly, the club had more of an open door policy, rather than actual meetings, but he still disliked being tardy. His drumsticks of the day were clutched in hand, a book of percussive practice steps in the other. When he finally got there, he spotted Finley the trumpeter, Mattie looking... very emotional, and another person whom he did not know. She looked familiar, and Simon figured he'd probably spotted her in the common room. It's where he chose to spend quite a bit of his time, anyway, so it'd make sense. Otherwise, it was just one of the other metamorphs from the new class, of which there were three. Simon's rare trait was suddenly not so rare. Part of him appreciated that, as he didn't like being the odd one out. But three in one class... was just a statistical anomaly, surely.

Once in the club, he waved over at Mattie, then scooted to the drum kit in the corner. Setting out his music book, he tapped out a few practice rhythms. He hadn't played in almost a whole week since leaving home, and he didn't want to start a complex beat, then get tangled. He still had that issue, but luckily his dad had been playing forever, so there was always someone to turn to for assistance. It was a lot less so while actually at school, though. Maybe he wouldn't embarrass himself. He bit his bottom lip and went for it, trying out a more tricky rhythm. Hopefully Finley would appreciate that it was classed as a jazz rhythm, as Simon was pretty sure the Ravenclaw only ever knew jazz. Maybe that was just in music club, though. As he started, his hair changed from a true blue to a more focused indigo hue. At least the music seemed to flow.

{{OoC: feel free to bother Simon. he's just jammin}}
          I ᴡɪʟʟ sᴄʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏᴡʟɪɴɢ ᴡɪɴᴅ, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ɪᴛ's ᴀ ʙɪᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴅ ʀᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ.
          Dɪᴢᴢʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛᴜʀɴᴇᴅ ᴀ sᴛᴀʀ ʟɪʟʏ ᴘɪɴᴋ, ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴜɴɢ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ʟɪᴅs ᴛᴏᴏ ꜰʟᴜsʜᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙʟɪɴᴋ,
          Bᴜᴛ ɪᴄʏ ʙʟᴜᴇ ꜰʀᴏᴢᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀɪʀʏᴛᴀʟᴇ ᴄᴏʟᴅ, ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ I ᴛʀᴇᴀsᴜʀᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sᴘᴀʀᴋʟᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ sᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏ ʜᴏʟᴅ.
          Bᴜᴛ ɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ ʟᴜʟʟᴀʙɪᴇs, ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅᴀᴍᴘᴇɴ ᴍʏ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴇʏᴇs, ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴏʀɢᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:37 am
♡ Aria ♡ Artemisia Rosalie League ♡
xxxxxx
Time: Fall 2053

Aria loved music... just not the kind her classmates would like. Of course they would go to performances and learn the piano and other classical instruments but it was never as if they loved it like she did. She entered the rather chaotic room where the Music Club was humming a Paul de Senneville piece "Chopin - Spring Waltz". The music fell silent as she took in the scene in front of her. So many were preparing their instruments and one girl was on the floor holding a guitar. Here she doubted she would get bored and she felt happier when she spotted the piano. There was where she would sit.

Not your mother, indeed
                                                Looking for bigger, better things, are you?
                                                Well, I'm sure you'll find them in

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: Open for Interaction}
                                                Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:31 pm
User Image

✌ Chadwick ✌ Knapp ✌
Sixth Year Slytherin
Quidditch Beater ✌ Dueling Club Captain

▬▬"If you don't expect to like someone and then you do, that's an incredibly exciting moment."▬▬

Chadwick walked into the music room and it was already quickly filling up. He however, bee-lined for his favorite person, Finley. he wrapped his arms around him and gave him a hug, ”Hi Handsome. I missed you, I haven’t seen you all day it feels like.” Sure, he had just left Finley like half an hour ago, the two had gone separate ways to their dorms for a little while. Chadwick just… well he really liked being with Finley, and after getting to spend all the time with him during the summer it was a little weird to do classes and sleep so far away from each other. He was a little disappointed he had missed the guitar giving to Mattie, he had heard about the whole thing with Callie when he was last with Finley.

Chadwicklooked up as he heard a slight commotion outside, then saw his sister pulling his mirror image through the door.

Cenek groaned, ”Ugh. Dominik I don’t think this a good idea…” He was literally being drug, While holding a huge instrument case, a contrabass bugle, marching tuba, whatever you wanted to call it. ”You’re going to ruin my reputation here Dom! They don’t know I do music!”

Dominik glared at Cenek, ”If we’re here, you aren’t going to miss out on a perfectly good opportunity to practice. Besides, Chad will probably also be here and since neither of you have been home all summer we haven’t been able to work on any trios.” As she looked up she saw Chadwick, she waved her arm that had her alto-horn in it”Oh excellent, you must have gotten my Owl Chad, you want to run a number or two with us?” She looked at Chadwick’s empty arms, wrapped aroundFinley…. ”Chadwick where is your Picc. Sax?”

Chadwick tried to hush Dominik before she could say anything, but alas it was too late. Chadwick sighed and looked at his twin, ”Remember the days when I could be in music club and would only sing, you would just avoid music club? Well… i think those days are over with this little one here. I don’t have it with me, it’s in the dorm Dom. But I’ll bring it next time I need a bit more practice, I haven’t touched it in a while…” Now, Chadwick just hoped that Finley wouldnt’ ask about ay instruments, that would be ideal.

▬▬"The real question I guess is - do I deserve you?" ▬▬

Where: Music Club
With Whom: So Many Knapps + Finley <3
Thinking about: DOM NO
Description: 5'8" blond teen with blue eyes

Cinnabun Gryffie

_____

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:04 pm
xxxxxxxxx<Gryffindor 4th Year> <Muggleborn> <Little Sister> <Fighter and Dreamer><Music Club Leader and Dueling Club and Fite Club Member><Budding Artist of the Sword><Reserve Beater>
Wearing: A red sundress and combat boots

She was late. Of course. That is what happens when you spend thirty minutes in the girls loo crying for no good reason. It was irritating. She suspected something was off but she wasn't sure what and that was not exactly a conversation she was ready to have with Sir and Ma'am. Like what would she say? "Hey, I've been crying unexplainably and thinking horridly morose things while other days being like a super human with tons of energy and almost no need for sleep." Mattie doubted that the infirmary would be any good since she had her doubts about witches and wizards and mental health stuff. They didn't have computers what could they do about mental stuff besides shove them in the dungeons or something.

She shook her head trying to focus and not think about how her long hair was now shoulder length because during one of her super-human times she thought cutting her hair was a brilliant idea. It looked cute she supposed, but the change was still something to get used to. Anyways, this time she brought a stack of papers as she decided to organize an exchange of tutoring, instruments, and performance times to really make the club shine. She was trusted this position by Finley and and she was going to do it right even if she felt like going back to the loo to sob a bit more. No, Mattie told herself, This is the time to hold your head high.

Mattie held a smile as she motioned to a stack of parchment and pens all for the brief survey on the papers:

[color=firebrick/goldenrod/darkblue/darkgreen][b]Character Name[/b] - [i]House[/i][/color]
                                                [b]Year:[/b]
                                                [b]What instruments do you play (voice counts!)?:[/b]
                                                [b]What instruments have you brought with you?:[/b]
                                                [b]What instruments will you need to borrow?:[/b]
                                                [b]What instruments can you lend to others?:[/b]
                                                [b]Are you interested in giving lessons? On what instrument?:[/b]
                                                [b]Do you wish to take lessons? On what instrument?:[/b]
                                                [b]Anything else?:[/b]

As she waited for others to fill out their forms she provided hers as an example:

Matilda Rose Harper (Mattie) - Gryffindor
                                                Year: 4th Year
                                                What instruments do you play (voice counts!)?: Voice, Guitar, Piano
                                                What instruments have you brought with you?: Guitar
                                                What instruments will you need to borrow?: Piano
                                                What instruments can you lend to others?: None
                                                Are you interested in giving lessons? On what instrument?: Yes, on guitar and piano
                                                Do you wish to take lessons? On what instrument?: Yes, on anything!
                                                Anything else?: I am currently the leader of the Music Club but I'm happy to accept any help or consider any suggestions.

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: }
                                                Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:40 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Mattie Harper
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Maybe I could duet with someone?
xxxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ᴍʏ Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ Mᴏᴏᴅ? Creative

Simon was running a bit late for Music Club, which was pretty rare of him. Typically he was fairly punctual no matter the destination. In this case, he rounded the final corner just as Mattie was walking in. Oh no, had she been late too? Or was his watch running early? Either way, he wasn't sure if she'd be immediately ready for him, so Simon dawdled back a bit. After his watch showed a couple minutes had past, he peeked in the room, then walked in in full. Mattie had set out some papers, and Simon looked a bit confused. Before starting that, he signed over "Good morning, Mattie. Are you excited to be running the show? It seems like changes are already in order for us!" He grinned, hair turning a dark pinkish orange.

He grabbed one of the papers and a pen, carefully filling out all the information in his tiny, organized script. Once done, he handed it back to the girl, then took his usual location at the drum kit that seemed to exist in the room. He tapped out a few basic rhythms, hair changing like someone spilled yellow in the orange hues. He started slow, tapping out a basic rhythm, then incorporating some of the jazzier tones he and Finley had practiced last year, then continued on, having fun playing wild beats. It was so freeing playing the drums, since typically he shrouded himself in silence. The one time he didn't mind being loud and wild was while playing the drums, though usually it was the electric kit with his headphones on at home. Maybe eventually his drumming confidence would seep over into his everyday... but he doubted it.

Simon Blake - Hufflepuff
          Year: Fourth
          What instruments do you play (voice counts!)?: Drums and minimal Piano
          What instruments have you brought with you?: I have drumsticks with me, plus a few practice pads for drums?
          What instruments will you need to borrow?: The drum kit that stays in the music room, please
          What instruments can you lend to others?: I have extra drumsticks, if needed
          Are you interested in giving lessons? On what instrument?: Maybe? If I did, it would be drums
          Do you wish to take lessons? On what instrument?: Not right now, thanks
          Anything else?: If you ever need help, I can do my best to assist!

{{Wearing xx}}
          Quote:

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff