Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
A Divine Morning: The Tarot Clutch Hatching is Open! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:54 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

Two of the hatchlings were niffing at them now. Amila watched the brown and Death niff each candidate, and she winced, watching the claws before shifting to better protect she and Faren's woulds, remaining vigilant of what the dragonets were doing. She didn't want mauled again -- nor Faren to be, and she watched to see if either would grow testy, or over-excited.

"Be cautious... We have sniffers..."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:55 pm
I am not hungry, mine fed me already! I just wanted your attention... Varionnith replied to her sister, her eyes whirling from blue to yellow.

Ellain felt the dragonet's anxiety and came to intervene, positioning herself between her, R'am, and Lemath.

"I'm sorry, it seems that Varionnith is growing bored over here, and isn't quite sure how to express herself yet," Ellain said, everything about her expression apologetic. She didn't really blame the youngster. She was one of the first to hatch and had been standing around for quite some time now. It would take time for her to develop her focus.

"I hope...." Lemath! "I hope you and Lemath are faring well."

Peppermint Coffee

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:00 pm
Lemath's eyes swirled with yellow but went back to blue and green as she nuzzled up to her sister. She understood and just crooned and gave little trumpets before settling with a wing over Varionnith's back.

Oh! It's okay. I'm here. Hi! Hello, we should play soon! But I'm so hungry... Even as she tried her hardest to stay still for food she found herself going to R'am for the meat instead of letting him bring it to her. She greedily snatched it from his fingers with a happy rumble and then licked her lips afterwards.

"Oh, I think we are. She seems antsy to do everything at once! I'm hoping that's just because she's less than a day old." He looked at Ellain with a sheepish kind of grin before shrugging.

Little did he know this was how Lemath was.
ChaosTheories

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:10 pm
Ellain laughed and nodded in agreement. "The way she was zipping around the sands... she almost knocked me over! But if she hadn't, Varionnith wouldn't have found me so quickly, I think. It must be a novelty right now to have legs and the ability to move herself around."

Yes, eat! And then we shall play and see our siblings find theirs, Varionnith crooned, her eyes shifting back to blues and greens. She subtly moved herself so that Lemath could more easily reach for R'am's offering, and licked her lips. It was almost time for a snack... but there were other things to do, first!

--Peppermint Coffee

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:16 pm
-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Revel1984

Cahlusi did not notice when his sister's hand slipped out of his, nor did he notice when she stepped back to give him space. There were no other Candidates around him, there were not other hatchlings, not other eggs, no crowd. In fact, the young man could only stare into the rainbow gaze of the most beautiful blue dragon he'd ever seen.

While Cahlusi had heard all about Impression from other riders, the experience itself was unlike anything they could describe. It was both overwhelming and the most natural thing he could have imagined. To feel another mind linked with his, another's feelings -- and oh there were so many feelings -- suddenly in time with his own was absolutely overwhelming. The adoration, the love, the confidence, the pure joy that suddenly washed over him and lifted up his spirits was overwhelming. Macuith was the missing piece of his life. He had thought himself a happy man, had thought himself fulfilles, but now, with this dragon in front of him, he couldn't help but know just how terribly lonely he really had been.

This was better than any lover's embrace, more everlasting than any vow, and the most amazing thing he had ever experienced.

"His name is Macuith," he croaked to Alumet, voice breaking with sensitive emotion and feeling he rarely felt. But he had clarity of mind, and familiar devotion enough, to want her to be the first to know his name. "Oh, Macuith, you are divine, my gorgeous boy." Though there might be tears, they were full of joy. And the radiant smile that crossed his features only echoed the blue's warble of delight.

Macuith, for his part, reached out to nuzzle his rider. He pushed close to Cahlusi, wanting to be close, wrapping his still-wet wings fondly around his chosen boy. The blue dragon remained still for a few moments, savoring the embrace, before his stomach demanded they move. Now, what about those boys, hmm? There are lots of them, you know, and they're going to love us. The blue dragon seemed to gush. He nuzzled his rider one more time, before encouraging Cahlusi back towards the alcove. We'll dazzle them all.

Cahlusi was still in a bit of a daze. His blue walked -- or was it more like sashayed? -- with confidence. Every step he took was pefect, an he knew how to flick his tail, and the best way to fold his wings. He showed off to all that he passed, as if admiring the two of them could be the other Candidate's consolation prize.

When Xochith reached out to him, the blue dragon sent a wave of fondness her way. Xochith, darling, we picked the best of the bunch. I would love if you could introduce yours to Mine! I will be there soon, dearest.

It did, perhaps, take a little bit longer to get to the alcove. Macuith had taken the longest route possible, wanting to ensure he walked past as many Candidates and those in the stands as possible. It was only right, after all. When he arrived, he did so with a flourish, half spreading his wings and giving all those there a happy churr. (Bugles were too harsh.) Aren't you all such a precious sight? He spoke to all his clutchmates, and cooed appreciatively at them -- though somehow they knew that might be for the boys.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:34 pm

Mother, the Death Green said, as she considered her options. After her forays into the collection of Candidates, she was left with one clear result: that hers was not there. Would you be a dear and lift me up? I need to go up there, and I can't reach it. Not that she hadn't tried. The little Green was just too small to get up into the Stands, and that was where she needed to be! Really, it was ever so amusing, but as the moments went on by, she was growing quite hungry. She was ready to go gossip with Elzebuth about the day's dramatics.

Hmm, no, the people up there were just too far away. If you lift me up as you did my dear sister, I can run the rest of the way! She wasn't that tired. Not yet. But she did want to find her bondmate, and how clever of them to hide from her! If they were going to play hide-and-seek she needed an advantage, one that she didn't yet have. What a pickle! The little Green wove back and forth in front of the first step, her claws clacking against it when she placed them up to see how far they would go.

ShinosBee

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:39 pm
Alumet

Ah, but the name only broke her a bit more, as she watched her brother and his hatchling embrace. Her smile grew a bit more, but then the pain began to sting again, "Macuith. He truly is amazingly beautiful." And then they were moving, walking away. She looked at the Blue and noted that he moved as though everyone should be jealous of he and His, and in that moment? She was. She was heartbroken, and almost felt like something had been taken away from her. Odd, to think that the younger sibling might feel as though the elder was taken, but she did. She looked out for all of them as best she could, but now he was going to be a rider. Proud as she was of her brother, he was now going to something that she'd never be able to protect him from. Ugh. Pain was something ugly to show. So was jealousy. Smoothing both from her face, she smiled again, leaning towards the edge of the other candidates now to get away from people. No one needed to see what was hiding behind a smooth smile and her fair looks. Not right now.

Isilje

The two moving hatchlings were so fascinating. The brown who moved like everything had a purpose, and the green who seemed to think everything was entertaining. They were an odd pair to be walking about so, but oh well. So many little ones had found home today, and so many more still had yet to find those that belonged. This was fine, by her. As long as they were all happy! That was what mattered the most.

Shiloh

So many small ones, so many choices. They would find those who were theirs, and pride thrummed inside her as she realised that they were getting near to meeting all the small hatchlings there within.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:46 pm
Uridith

The gold had only just begun to shift her bulk and get comfortable again when another precious green child called out to her. Gracious this was a discerning lot, wasn't it! She paused, half stood, and glanced from the little testing Death green up into the watching masses. Really my little one? Up there? She was a bit more hesitant this time, not because she had favored Star more, just that well. It was awfully high for a flightless baby. She would have to climb the whole way down as well. Wouldn't you rather I summon them down? Or if you call out I'm sure they will hear you and come down anyway. Still the gold found her feet and (carefully once more) picked her way over to tand beside her green hatchling, almost hiding Death entirely in her shadow.  

ShinosBee

Nerd

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:48 pm
The Magician had contented himself to watch some of his siblings Impress, before deciding that it was high time he did the same. He untangled from his brother, and giving him an affectionate nuzzle, decided to waste no time. There was a reason he was here, and though he was enjoying his games, he knew it would be far better with the ultimate playmate.

So it was he walked among the crowd before finding himself in front of a girl. His eyes whirled a rainbow of color, and he bugled proudly in front of her. My beloved Jynnat! We have no time to waste. There are things to do, and sights to see.

The blue dragon all but preened, his eyes whirling with delight, love, and confidence. Your Begath is going to take you far. You don't need to be the lady of a rider -- you can be a rider yourself! And with the added bonus of getting the best one in the clutch! And wasn't that the truth.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:56 pm

Mother wouldn't do it. Mother wouldn't let her clamber up to go find hers. Very well, if she must, she must.

My Vitre, please come down! I tried to go up to you, but Mother isn't being fair, and you need to come down! The little hatchling heaved a deep sigh. How unfair was this? Surely it would have been safe enough! Your Thanoth is waiting, and I have so much to tell you! So hurry up, I can't wait all day. Or maybe I can. But let's not find out.

Tail lashing, the dragonet leaned up so that her little muzzle rested against the first step. It was soooooo far up there, and she couldn't go on her own. He needed to come down, and soon!

User Image

ShinosBee

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:24 pm
NovaCracker

Faren looked over the sniffers, but stood still, instead of angling away from them. Startling a youth could be just as dangerous as being in its way. She smiled, offering her palm to each as they took their turns, to give them a stronger sniff, and offered each a smile and her gentlest thoughts, even if they were fuzzy. "Welcome to the party. Having fun?" she offered, feeling a little silly, but totally willing to do just that.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:29 pm
Uridith

The gold dipped her snout to nuzzle Death as she sighed and called out to her rider. Sorry little precious one, but imagine if you had fallen! This way was just much safer. Once all was settled the gold returned once more to her wallow, intent on maybe managing to sit all the way down this time at least before being summoned again.

Vitre

Oh look! The little green had wandered over to check out the crowd! That was neat. Vitre craned his neck to try to figure out where the blue and brown had gone too, all up on tiptoes to look through the flock of candidates in time to see the blue impress. "Hey Nebbi, you think they'll have wine from anywhere but High Reaches at the feast? I mean, I bet if you show them your apprentice mark we could try some and see how bad it compares to ours and then...we...could..."

My Vitre, please come down!

"Ahh, what was I..? Oh, and we could get one of mom's pies and maybe dan--"

Your Thanoth is waiting and I...

The boy seemed to almost stumble a moment, blinking in open confusion. His brows furrowed as he turned to his friend. "Who's Thanoth?" It took another solid moment or two for the emotions behind the faint (so faint from so far away!) voice he had only imagined he'd heard to wash over him. Not a candidate in rank, he had not expected it, or really understood all those tales about suddenly having another person in his head. It was actually a bit frightening, and the green's hunger, need for him, it mingled with his own confusion and he started to step out of the row before he could stop himself.

"Mom...?" He glanced back, fear rising up to combat a blooming joy, and he looked rapidly between his concerned mother's face and Nebbi's younger one. He hadn't...he wasn't...not without Nebbi at least! But Thanoth was down there and he had to go. So before he could stop any longer to think about it he did wht he had to.

It was hard to see where to put his feet with tears clouding his vision, but as the young holder boy tripped onto the sands and dragged the green into a tight hug, he was sure. He could never have told her no, and he wouldn't have to find his footing in this new place alone.  

ShinosBee

Nerd

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:33 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

Amila watched, before watching more Impressions go on. The girl was fine with being sniffed, and stood silently and didn't move much, finally releasing a low, soft sigh.

"Curious lot they are." Amila noted, voice soft. "Are all hatchlings this curious?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:34 pm
As more of her siblings impressed and greeted her, the green Fool let out a loud bugle followed by a trumpet. Everyone was finding theirs and everyone seemed, more or less, an amazing time now that the fighting had died down. Some of these impressions were more emotional, but she knew hers was the best one.

Lemath looked to hers and just crooned as more meat was thrown at her until she was full. Or full enough. Her head went to R'am's lap now, crooning and rumbling for him as she settled against him for a bit. Or she tried to settle down. Her wings kept twitching and flapping a bit restlessly, and her tail lashed out in an impatient way. Rest was good, but there was so much exitement! She was practically buzzing five minutes later.

R'am enjoyed the downtime, even if she made it more difficult by twitching. He pet over head when it rested in his lap, trailing fingers between her eyes, running along her snout and just grinned when she licked at his hand and then rumbled.

Well, go say hello, if you need to!

At R'am's permisison, the green perked up and snorted in a pleased way. She headbutted him one time more before heading towards her gold mother.
ShinosBee
(Possible baby incoming mom!)

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:36 pm
NovaCracker

Farensil chuckled, shrugging over at Amila when they'd moved on. "Some of them know exactly who they're looking for and where they are, some of them take their sweet time about it. Some..." She blinked the thought away and shook her head. "Almost all find their home-hearts, though. A lot more graceful movers in this batch than I've seen, though. Everyone seems to know how to move their feet." She thought back to Amila's encounter with the fool, and the fact she still didn't know which Dragonet had actually ripped her a new one. "Like i said, if we're the worst of it, I can live with that."  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff