Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[ORP] A Springtime Surprise! [Hatching!] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:42 am
W'dre of Bronze Dormith

He nodded acknowledgement to the second young man to join the table - with another green - Dormith rumbling approval at the new matches the entire time. Yes, they were both good boys - a little rough, but he'd see where that lead them both.

"I wouldn't recommend overfeeding a baby dragon. Thicktail and stomach pains are very unpleasant," though of course every baby ever would insist they weren't being overfed, but there had been enough poor decisions he'd seen over the years that...well, he'd admittedly never want to repeat.

Like the girl who fed fruit to her newborn blue at the Hatching Feast because he loved it so. They'd both regretted that decision.

Houllow

Peppermint Coffee

-----

Papys

"Well she got him just in time!" Papys seemed enthused by the impression of Molihuth, even if her entrance hadn't been the most grand of things, half stuck in her egg. But she was a lovely little thing - and if she thought the boy was her perfect pair, then clearly he was made of something a little special too.

"Oh yes, every dragon deserves no less than their perfect match of course!" he agreed - healthy was good, meant less stress in life. Of course, this for some reason caused him to realize...

"Goodness! I'm Papys - I'm sorry, I didn't introduct myself!" he laughed, seeming to think the whole mix up was rather humorous, at least.

Prism Shine

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:46 am
Molihuth happily ate the pieces her lifemate was giving her, enjoying the taste greatly. The newly hatched green turned to her sister, finally, eyes swirling with blues and greens of happiness and leaned over to nudge the other green’s neck with her snout. Mine nearly left me. Can you believe it? He was so far away. I didn’t care for that one bit. How about yours?

B’gian looked away from his new other half and back to R’ose. Aah! He hadn’t introduced himself! He also hadn’t thought about what his new name would be. “...B’gian,” he said slowly and thoughtfully, as though the red-head wasn’t sure. “I think. Yeah. I like that! B’gian.” He laughed to himself before putting another piece of meat out for Molihuth.

B’gian is quite a fine name. But, my heart, why do your outer things look different and messy than everyone else?

B’gian flushed at her sudden question and he whirled his head back around at her. “...I got a late start! I was just going to change..”

Then he listened as the Bronze rider explained about overfeeding. B'gian arched a brow and looked at his pudgy dragon. "I ...Hm. May struggle with that a little. Aaah. At least until I get used to this bond? Right now I just feel her wanting more meat."

And so he fed it to Molihuth, who was sitting on her haunches like a dog would as she was being fed.
demon_pachabel

houllow

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:53 am
Rizdax

With the numbness that was spreading over his innards he could really feel the pain of the sunburn he’d already received growing with each passing moment. It felt as though waves of heat were coming off of him and without the distraction of his emotions it was becoming more painful than it had been before. Debating, in a hollow manner, whether or not it would be smart to just walk off the sands and to the healers, throwing in the towel for this round of hatchings so that his friends who had stood for turns before him could have their moment like R’ose had, a pat on his shoulder that sent ringing pain through his skin brought him out of his thought process. Losing grip on the memory keeping him numbed up, Rizdax felt a rush of anxiety and excitement run through him all at once and was forced to grab it in a sort of stranglehold so it wouldn’t risk any of the hatchings.

But it was what he’d needed.

This tendency towards self destruction that had come about in the past Turn or so since he’d lost everything was exhausting but it wasn’t something he had a good control over. The mind healers told him it was trauma, he’d have to see about that at some point, today wasn’t that day though. Casting a look of appreciation towards Farensil, Rizdax took a deep breath and smiled for her. He was prickly at first, but she had helped him even with just a small thing.

“Thanks, I needed that reminder.” He nodded his head and his eyes were drawn in the direction of Nalacko’s exclamation.

A bronze. The ultimate symbol of prestige that existed at High Reaches, but he wasn’t so concerned with that glittering dragon as the yellow eyed blue that had taken it’s frightful dash. With another deep breath to find some sort of peace, Riz sent calm feelings towards it and offerings of bravery. For it had to be the most terrified one on the sands. How scary would it be to try and find one’s soul mate with only death as a second option should you fail? No, babies needed calm reassurance.

“Ruhane Chiisai”

“magnadearel”

——————-
Etansi

Offering a noise to Erastan for his bump, not a growl so much as something close to a grunt, she shifted back a bit and looked out over the eggs once more. The little green was stalking the sands and there were a few that had hatched, but no bronze would Impress to her and that blue looked really afraid. Not what she was looking for. Who needed a weak partner? She had her brother and he was strong, any dragon would need to be at least that resilient if she were to even consider it.

Really other than the feisty green there were none that seemed to call to her, so she swept her gaze out over the crowd, the very large crowd.

Lots of people wanted a dragon it seemed....

“Sinders Path”

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:04 am
The Pale Blue & White Patterned Egg gave a little shimmy, and a little shake, before the being inside tried to free itself from its shell. Back and forth it wobbled, until finally one blue clawed foot broke through, followed by a blue tail. It didn't take long for the egg to be demolished, and a blue hatchling snow stood among the litter, taking a moment to huff, and puff, and groom itself.

One needed to look presentable, after all, for both his brother, and those who were watching. Still, he did pause to give his bronze sibling an affection warble, and a little boop on the snout.

---

The Yellow Blue was still unsure what to do. He didn't really want to get close, and would step back if anyone seemed to come near. Instead, the blue began to pace back and forth among the sands, peeking, looking, searching, but not daring to approach. There were so many faces, so many people, and he felt entirely exposed. No where to hide, no place to go....

And yet... He knew there was something, someone, out there, just for him.

---

The Green Zig-Zag Bronze gave a big snort when Marinel gave it conflicting thoughts. He wanted him to leave, and yet spoke such fake pleasantries at him. The dragon didn't like that, and immediately retreated. Pfft. Not at all what he needed or deserved. Nope. NEXT! Jagmund was spared a glance, but moved past without a second look. Rokar was up next, but before the bronze even got within a few steps, he immediately bristled. No one thinks about his Mama like that!! His eyes flashed red, and he bared his fangs... Just who did this Candidate think he was?? Coming to his house, trashing on his family!?

You wanna fight, boy!? You wanna say those thoughts to my FACE!? The bronze spread his wings and warned a challenge. Nobody throws his Mama under the bus, or his siblings. I don't like your line of thinkin'... He snarled, eyes flashing a dangerous red.

Revel1984

Thaliawen

---

The Pink Striped Green continued to pass by Candidates, kicking up sand here, and pushing through when the crowds got too tight. Too much a baby. Too attached to Mom. Too stinky. Too frightened. Too ..well, okay, you're okay, but not perfect. Good luck to you! On, and on, the little green commented to those she passed, pausing now and then to look each Candidate over. There were way too many, yikes. Half of them were garbage!

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:14 am
Akaris

The candidate was happy to simply stand back and admire the lovely bronzes for, so handsome and well-be...haved. Or...maybe not? For whatever reason, the brighter of the two took issue with one of the boys closest to it, and Akaris clutched Rylyrr's arm with a sharp intake of breath. What had happened to upset him, and what was he going to do now? Oh, she was almost afraid of watch!

Shaddaling
very smol tag

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:15 am

At the sound of the dragonet's thoughts, A'ral grit his teeth. Obviously, his Candidates, and Gr'del's, were not keeping Candidate rule number one in mind. "Candidates!" A'ral boomed, stepping forward so that his voice carried above the crowd. "Please keep in mind that this is your first meeting with these babies. They have not touched your thoughts before - so mind what you show them!"

If one of his Candidates upset a baby into betweening, there was going to be hell to pay.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:27 am

Unnoticed, the Peach Polka Dot egg began to rock. Then, quite suddenly, its surface cracked in three different directions. A large claw emerged. Then another.

Then another.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:31 am
Kinyegele

What's wrong with any of those things, lovely green? Kinye perhaps was so settled on her fate as a greenrider - not that there was anything wrong with being on a green, simply that she felt that she would suit one best - that the pacing and judging little baby was starting to hold much more interest than the brilliant bronzes and the two very different blues.

Though she did want one of them to come over and see her Ionan - maybe that poor scared little blue would take comfort in a boy like her brother! Who do you want little one? Do you want those in the back to come closer? and then the warring words of the angry bronze again pulled her attention towards it.

"Oh!" she leaned into her brother, then looked towards A'ral when he called out with a frown. "Is he Western's Candidatemaster?" she asked. She'd never seen him before!

And another egg was starting to hatch! Who was this?

Thaliawen

-----

Juhvek

Of course someone had offended one of the dragons. The broad man didn't sigh, but his expression held a vague disappointment to it - the kind that a 'I'm not mad, I'm disappointed' father would put on.

I'm waiting for the surge of apologies from half of these kids. and in fact, he started to stare some of them down with a look so intense, he was probably going to goad it out of them whether they needed to or not from that stare alone.

Eek.

------

Martirae

"I'm sure you do," Marty replied, clearly unbothered by the dig that was aimed at her general attitude. Clearly, her top layer was made of bedrock and it would take more than the ding of a shovel for such a statement to bother her. Though the coolness in her tone at least lost it's edge with all the children wandering in and out.

She had better things to do than wrap herself in angry thoughts. After all, these were babies that hadn't been able to snoop through what she was before, and she'd kept that quite purposely in mind. But clearly some others had not.

A'ral's call caused her expression to sully into a dark glare. "I can't believe someone has to be reminded of that. Just because these babies are sweet doesn't mean we can't upset them. Touchings don't prevent maulings, they prevent a baby from betweening because of idiots," like that nervous little Blue. In fact, he felt like the most likely candidate for such a thing if he didn't figure out how to solve their problem.

Her attention drifted between it and the Peach Polka Dot egg that was beginning to crack - and the claws that emerged. Well, who were we getting here?

Sinders Path
IDK, she might have gotten a witty comment from Marty for telling her to pull the stick out of her a**.

Tsunake

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:34 am
Oh, oh...relief flooded Mari, and he sighed. He’d heard Killa’s voice, and shook his head slightly. He was sure she was wrong, but he would do his best. It seemed the bronze wasn’t done with boys nearby. A boy had angered the bronze! Oh no, the dimglow, what had he been thinking to upset the hatchling like that?

He’d best apologize. Quickly, before Rokar ended up the bronze’s first meal.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:35 am
Rylyrr

What had happened there and with the startling bellow of one upset candidate master. Welp that answered slightly and after the last hatching why would anyone deliberately think anything towards the dragonets that could cause that reaction. He sighed and slip a hand in Akaris, rubbing the back of her hand. "I am predicting who ever doesn't impress is getting a very long lecture later today."

The Peach egg went unnoticed.

Meepfur
Akaris

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:36 am
Rizdax

Lifting an eyebrow on his slowly reddening face at the words of the Western Candidatemaster, Riz glanced over what was happening and saw the other bronze in an aggressive stance with another Candidate. Apparently the boy had upset it in some manner, he blew out a sigh and went back to sending good thoughts to the frightened blue.

If the boy had done something he would reap his own consequences.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:40 am
Jagmund

The bronze didn't even acknowledge him past giving him a glance before moving on to confront another Candidate. Jagmund felt disappointment and annoyance at it all, and huffed. Fine, there was another bronze about that was just as worthy of his attention!

He looked at Marinel and narrowed his eyes. The strange Candidate seemed happy the bronze had left him alone. Happy! What kind of person wouldn't want to Impress a bronze?

He huffed again and turned to look at the Ducky bronze's progress. There was still hope!  

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:42 am
The blue, who continued to pace up and down the beach, finally saw what he wanted. Oh, he had to go through all of them to get it though, and he just wasn't sure he could. So it was, his anxious eyes turned an even more anxious white of terror as he decided to make his match.

Erastan! Please! I know you're there, I know you're sheltering your sister, but ... please. Your Aspalath needs such protection now. I ... I don't know if you want me but... I surely need you. If you... If you accept me, I ... will be here. Please... The blue looked so earnrest, and yet still so fearful, unsure if his most precious would dare to want a blue like him.

There were so many eyes, so many people, so many limbs. The crowd was just too much for this blue, but surely, he could make it through if he had Erastan by his side.

User Image

Sinders Path

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:44 am

What. Excuse you? You haven't noticed Peach Polka Dot egg? It's okay, baby, because Peach Polka Dot egg noticed you.

Shaking off its shell as though it were nothing more than an annoying bit of tissue paper, a...

was it a Gold?

Bronze?

No, perhaps the largest Brown that had ever been seen before at such a Hatching emerged.

Don't worry, the business is here. The Peach Polka Dot egg gave a trumpet of satisfaction at the success of his arrival into the world. Oh yeah, baby.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:49 am
“I think he must be,” Ionan agreed, and looked around. “I hope that bronze calms down. If it doesn’t, we’ll back up, okay? We’ll be safe. Promise.” It felt like he was reassuring himself, too.

Two bronzes and now a brown on the sands. He took Kinye’s hand again. “He’s got some personality, doesn’t he? Let’s wait and see what happens.”

“demon_pachabel”

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games